Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peter Cavanagh signs/news on keeper, JLAA 13:53 - Jun 8 with 4465 views442Dale

In the Ob. One year deal.

There are quotes from Jimmy Bell about the new signing, mention of his versatility (can play either full back or midfield) so it's a mystery why this hasn't appeared elsewhere yet.

Bell also says they're in talks with another keeper who is highly-rated but has been released by his club. Hope to hear on Monday.

JLAA: in France weighing up Dale's offer but apparently a couple of League 1 clubs are after him. Bell: "He is a must for me and we will move heaven and earth to sign him".
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Peter Cavanagh signs on 13:59 - Jun 8 with 3602 viewspioneer

Is he the guy who was banned for betting on his team to lose?

Just what we need.
Peter Cavanagh signs on 14:00 - Jun 8 with 3588 viewselectricblue

A promising signing how many is that now.....is it 2 or 3...
How many more to come....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Peter Cavanagh signs on 14:04 - Jun 8 with 3572 views442Dale

Peter Cavanagh signs on 13:59 - Jun 8 by pioneer

Is he the guy who was banned for betting on his team to lose?

Just what we need.

Ob report says it was a £5 accumulator which included Accrington to lose.

Peter Cavanagh signs on 14:09 - Jun 8 with 3554 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Any links???
Peter Cavanagh signs/news on keeper, JLAA on 14:14 - Jun 8 with 3537 viewsSalwaDale

Bet one of them is Scunthorpe. #BFF

TBBT

Peter Cavanagh signs/news on keeper, JLAA on 14:21 - Jun 8 with 3510 viewsReedy

Peter Cavanagh signs/news on keeper, JLAA on 14:14 - Jun 8 by SalwaDale

Bet one of them is Scunthorpe. #BFF

Cav is a very steady right back, very similar to Wayne Evans or Simon Ramsden, won't be breaking any speed records, but will get a consistent performer.

Lets judge him on footballing ability above all else, and from watching him at Stanley, he is very committed, and can certainly tackle (he was club captain for many years under Coleman and Bell)

Very positive news about a goalkeeper.

If we do keep JLAA he could be the signing of the summer.

Blog: The FA Cup

Peter Cavanagh signs on 14:25 - Jun 8 with 3493 views442Dale

Peter Cavanagh signs on 14:09 - Jun 8 by Yorkshire_Dale

Any links???

The Ob online version usually appears afterwards, and it is officially tomorrow's edition.

It would be nice to know why this story hasn't yet been released via the club.

Peter Cavanagh signs on 14:27 - Jun 8 with 3486 viewsSalwaDale

Peter Cavanagh signs on 14:25 - Jun 8 by 442Dale

The Ob online version usually appears afterwards, and it is officially tomorrow's edition.

It would be nice to know why this story hasn't yet been released via the club.

Serious question - did you write the last sentence in all honesty or did you write it knowing that someone will read it and then go and write and release the info? I do think we have now moved on to intentionally wagging the dog.

TBBT

Login to get fewer ads

Peter Cavanagh signs on 14:30 - Jun 8 with 3477 views442Dale

Peter Cavanagh signs on 14:27 - Jun 8 by SalwaDale

Serious question - did you write the last sentence in all honesty or did you write it knowing that someone will read it and then go and write and release the info? I do think we have now moved on to intentionally wagging the dog.

A bit of both. There could be a reason why the club haven't released any news yet. Or recent interviews with the management about their squad building.

Peter Cavanagh signs/news on keeper, JLAA on 14:51 - Jun 8 with 3403 viewsBartRowou

Did the accumulator come up?

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Peter Cavanagh signs on 14:56 - Jun 8 with 3376 viewspioneer

Peter Cavanagh signs on 14:09 - Jun 8 by Yorkshire_Dale

Any links???

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2009/08/11/liverpool-bo

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/accrington_stanley/8193736.stm

Repeated deliberate breaches of the rules by a team captain - sounds like something more than a 5 quid accumilator to me
Peter Cavanagh signs on 14:58 - Jun 8 with 3375 views442Dale

Peter Cavanagh signs on 14:56 - Jun 8 by pioneer

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2009/08/11/liverpool-bo

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/accrington_stanley/8193736.stm

Repeated deliberate breaches of the rules by a team captain - sounds like something more than a 5 quid accumilator to me

http://menmedia.co.uk/accringtonobserver/news/s/1131763_the_5_bet_that_may_cost_

Someone else had access to the account as per the quotes in the above article.

Peter Cavanagh signs/news on keeper, JLAA on 15:10 - Jun 8 with 3335 viewsfitzochris

I'm indifferent about Cavanagh. I don't usually condone cheats and so would question characters like that being in the dressing room but, at the same time, I'll reserve judgement until I see him play.

Having a contracted keeper is a plus - as long as he is more of a Neil Edwards and less a Kenny Arthur.

I really hope we persuade JLAA to stay. He'll be a real force in League Two.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Peter Cavanagh signs/news on keeper, JLAA on 15:28 - Jun 8 with 3267 viewsColDale

the thing with Cavanagh for me is that it shows that he has real intent on getting the spirit of the dressing room right. Cavangh was his captain for many years at Accy and he will help it become Coleman's dressing room. That mentality that was allowed to develop last season was an even bigger problem in my book than some of our dodgy signings. Those existing players who buy into what Coleman wants to do will become like new signings.
Peter Cavanagh signs on 16:10 - Jun 8 with 3121 viewspioneer

Peter Cavanagh signs on 14:58 - Jun 8 by 442Dale

http://menmedia.co.uk/accringtonobserver/news/s/1131763_the_5_bet_that_may_cost_

Someone else had access to the account as per the quotes in the above article.

As Mandy Rice Davis said "He would say that wouldn't he"

He might claim that he was innocent but the tribunal found that he was guilty and failing to accept his guilt is not a good sign. Instead he simply wanted to feel sorry for himself.

Bottom line he was found guilty by an independent tribunal of betting on the team he captained to lose a game. I suppose if he was a pakistani cricketer or a Notts County centre forward people's feelings about the case would be different.
Peter Cavanagh signs on 16:16 - Jun 8 with 3092 viewsolympicdale

Peter Cavanagh signs on 16:10 - Jun 8 by pioneer

He might claim that he was innocent but the tribunal found that he was guilty and failing to accept his guilt is not a good sign. Instead he simply wanted to feel sorry for himself.

Bottom line he was found guilty by an independent tribunal of betting on the team he captained to lose a game. I suppose if he was a pakistani cricketer or a Notts County centre forward people's feelings about the case would be different.

name me a footballer who hasnt had trouble with gambling, they're human, and this shouldnt cloud our assesment of him, he's learnt his lesson, and he's moved on.

Life is a game of fate.

Peter Cavanagh signs on 16:18 - Jun 8 with 3092 viewsColDale

Peter Cavanagh signs on 16:10 - Jun 8 by pioneer

can't argue with that last sentence. But that possibly says more about how other events are judged rather than whether we are justified in giving Cav a fresh chance (which i think we are).
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Peter Cavanagh signs/news on keeper, JLAA on 16:37 - Jun 8 with 3029 viewsDaley_Lama

Has JLAA turned into Didier Drogba whilst I wasn't looking?

Admittedly, he and JK were best of a bad bunch last season but I personally don't see his signing as "the signing or the season" or worthy of "moving heaven and earth" myself.

This is not saying that I don't want him to sign, I do, his efforts last season were 100% every single time he played which is something that can't be said for other players still with the club.

Our own keeper who the manager actually had faith in would be a novelty given the last 5 years of loanee after loanee.

Glad we've got an experienced FB, same goes for a CH please to lead the line.

Poll: DF in or out

Peter Cavanagh signs/news on keeper, JLAA on 18:17 - Jun 8 with 2887 viewsisitme

I agree about JLAA. He is never going to be a prolific goalscorer and although he works hard his basics have not really improved in the time he has spent with us.

I would love us to sign Lillis or Burch.

So after Edwards, Cavanagh, Donnelly and a keeper signing what positions still need to be filled?
Peter Cavanagh signs/news on keeper, JLAA on 19:24 - Jun 8 with 2763 viewselectricblue

Peter Cavanagh signs/news on keeper, JLAA on 18:17 - Jun 8 by isitme

I agree about JLAA. He is never going to be a prolific goalscorer and although he works hard his basics have not really improved in the time he has spent with us.

I would love us to sign Lillis or Burch.

So after Edwards, Cavanagh, Donnelly and a keeper signing what positions still need to be filled?

Add roberts to that list and another striker and whey hey makings of a decent squad..
Just holden, jorden to go, grimes i would keep.even holness i would keep.
Qny news on Amaakwah signing or thompson....
In fact i would let thompson go i just think that he needs a fresh start away from dale..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Peter Cavanagh signs/news on keeper, JLAA on 19:27 - Jun 8 with 2753 viewsBartRowou

Peter Cavanagh signs/news on keeper, JLAA on 19:24 - Jun 8 by electricblue

Add roberts to that list and another striker and whey hey makings of a decent squad..
Just holden, jorden to go, grimes i would keep.even holness i would keep.
Qny news on Amaakwah signing or thompson....
In fact i would let thompson go i just think that he needs a fresh start away from dale..

Gary Roberts was in talks with Rotherham but they couldn't afford his wages.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Peter Cavanagh signs/news on keeper, JLAA on 19:32 - Jun 8 with 2733 viewsisitme

Peter Cavanagh signs/news on keeper, JLAA on 19:27 - Jun 8 by BartRowou

Gary Roberts was in talks with Rotherham but they couldn't afford his wages.

We have no chance then.

We also need a left back.
Peter Cavanagh signs/news on keeper, JLAA on 20:07 - Jun 8 with 2672 viewspl56

Peter Cavanagh signs/news on keeper, JLAA on 14:21 - Jun 8 by Reedy

Cav is a very steady right back, very similar to Wayne Evans or Simon Ramsden, won't be breaking any speed records, but will get a consistent performer.

Lets judge him on footballing ability above all else, and from watching him at Stanley, he is very committed, and can certainly tackle (he was club captain for many years under Coleman and Bell)

I agree with that , although I thought he also had a bit of an attacking threat about his game as well as defensive capabilities . My only reservation is his age as I now am less thrilled about signing players who've past the 30 mark !
Peter Cavanagh signs/news on keeper, JLAA on 21:02 - Jun 8 with 2599 views442Dale

Still trying to get used to signing players who didn't have Championship sides after them.

Peter Cavanagh signs/news on keeper, JLAA on 23:17 - Jun 8 with 2465 viewsmaccawozzagod

Peter Cavanagh signs/news on keeper, JLAA on 14:21 - Jun 8 by Reedy

a right back that loves making tackles? yes, 15 minutes into the game, oposition penalty area ..... enjoy

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024