Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hornets and St. Helens link up 16:50 - Oct 12 with 791 viewsColDale

Assume the Ob will be all over this tomorrow. Not sure if its filtered through to most fans yet

http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-league/news/12206/8158341/St-Helens-have-formed-

If this is the only way of survival, then fair enough but with St Helens seemingly putting their own coach in charge (and I assume still paying him), then Hornets will have a man at the helm who's best interest will be another club. Long term implications for this sort of deal are massive throughout any sport.
Hornets and St. Helens link up on 17:32 - Oct 12 with 738 viewsVespa

As far as I know Col, Ian Talbot will be paid by Hornets. He was formally Saints U'20s coach but this age group has been scrapped as a competition by the RFL and he would have effectively been out of a job at Saints. My main worry about him isn't his Saints past but that he has no track record of coaching an open age team, ala Steve Eyre.

Wages to dual reg' players will be paid in part by Hornets and Saints.

Up the Dale, C'mon Hornets

Hornets and St. Helens link up on 17:36 - Oct 12 with 719 viewsphomem

I'm no rugby fan but this seems a bizarre decision from an ambition point of view
Hornets and St. Helens link up on 17:37 - Oct 12 with 716 viewsrafc1984

Good for them. Couldnt give a toss about egg chasing, but if this means that hairnets will be paying there bills on time, might take some pressure off RAFC having to bail them out, and hopefully mean a few more quid in our pot. Time will tell.
Be interesting to see what happens with them stadium shares that are supposed to be floating around at the RFL somewhere...
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Hornets and St. Helens link up on 17:56 - Oct 12 with 673 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Hornets and St. Helens link up on 17:37 - Oct 12 by rafc1984

Good for them. Couldnt give a toss about egg chasing, but if this means that hairnets will be paying there bills on time, might take some pressure off RAFC having to bail them out, and hopefully mean a few more quid in our pot. Time will tell.
Be interesting to see what happens with them stadium shares that are supposed to be floating around at the RFL somewhere...

Too right '84........there will be some greedy sod at St Helen's eager to get his grubby mitts on our Stadium Company shares.

Need to keep an eye on this one,please Mr Dunphy?
Hornets and St. Helens link up on 18:12 - Oct 12 with 642 viewsMoonyDale

Hornets and St. Helens link up on 17:37 - Oct 12 by rafc1984

I fail to see how this can help Hornets pay their bills on time....Am sure Saints wouldn't have entered into any financial arrangements with Hornets and if they have they need their heads examining. Unless more fans come through the turnstiles nothing will change, although having some Saints players turning out every week could generate some interest in the future. The share question is an interesting one, visions of the RFL , Saints and Hornets carving us up behind closed doors.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Hornets and St. Helens link up on 22:27 - Oct 12 with 508 viewsSalwaDale

Interesting to see how this develops.

TBBT

Hornets and St. Helens link up on 02:13 - Oct 13 with 447 viewsmizfit

Hornets and St. Helens link up on 18:12 - Oct 12 by MoonyDale

I fail to see how this can help Hornets pay their bills on time....Am sure Saints wouldn't have entered into any financial arrangements with Hornets and if they have they need their heads examining. Unless more fans come through the turnstiles nothing will change, although having some Saints players turning out every week could generate some interest in the future. The share question is an interesting one, visions of the RFL , Saints and Hornets carving us up behind closed doors.

as with most links the parent club usually pays a small annual fee as in football for in this case hornets to help develop their young talent
as a fan of rugby league st helens have a good youth academy with good kids coming through so this can only help the hornets hopefully rise into the championship and make the sport more attractive in the town which in return could get the football few extra pennies
Hornets and St. Helens link up on 01:58 - Oct 14 with 289 viewsColDale

from a Saints website

There was a hitch while the 'negotiations' were ongoing about who was going to be coach, with Saints wanting Talbot in charge but Rochdale wanted Calland. I think Calland should have been in charge with Talbot as youth coach, which is what he is, is he not? So I suppose I just feel uncomfortable that Saints have taken the approach they have. And the impression to the outside world looks very much like we have taken over, which is different to the partnerships formed by other clubs who all appear to have stood by whoever the Championship club has as their coach.

Login to get fewer ads

Hornets and St. Helens link up on 10:24 - Oct 14 with 233 viewsmizfit

If I'm not mistaken hornets didn't have a coach
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024