Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill has some good players to work with 14:52 - Jan 22 with 1586 viewsdalenumber2

...compared to some of the players he had first time around, although some are definitely 'broken toys' to be fixed. I think if anyone can bring the best out of them at this level it is him, although he hasn't got much time to make a huge impact this season. However I think we have a strong enough squad to be pushing for the playoffs if correctly managed. Just a couple of gaps to fill and we could go from strength to strength now.
Hill has some good players to work with on 15:16 - Jan 22 with 1498 viewslurker

Lillis, BBM, Tutte, Gray, M Edwards, Kennedy and Grant have all played under Hill before, so that is a big bonus.

Honestly think the likes of Bennett, Pearson, Rafferty and even Donnelly could benefit from HIll's "positive working environment" ethos and his willingness to give players more freedom to express themselves on the pitch.

A couple of the other younger players could benefit too. The likes of Minihan and Watson may get a look in.

Think Hill will be well pleased with the forward line, to be fair, and Grimes has a real opportunity IMHO with his natural ability. Gornell is a decent forward too, although don't know how he will be mentally now JC has gone. Grant has always been admired by Hill. Adebola - I don't know. Hilly could be a fan of him in the short term in the same way he was with Lee Thorpe or he could just not suit the pace that he likes to play the game.

The likes of Cavanagh and McIntyre should be on to their agents right now looking for their next club. Just can't see them fitting in under Hill to be honest. Phil Edwards has something about him, but I think Hilly will fancy him in a different position than CB.

What about a recall for Abadaki now?
Hill has some good players to work with on 15:19 - Jan 22 with 1472 viewsfitzochris

Hill has some good players to work with on 15:16 - Jan 22 by lurker

Lillis, BBM, Tutte, Gray, M Edwards, Kennedy and Grant have all played under Hill before, so that is a big bonus.

Honestly think the likes of Bennett, Pearson, Rafferty and even Donnelly could benefit from HIll's "positive working environment" ethos and his willingness to give players more freedom to express themselves on the pitch.

A couple of the other younger players could benefit too. The likes of Minihan and Watson may get a look in.

Think Hill will be well pleased with the forward line, to be fair, and Grimes has a real opportunity IMHO with his natural ability. Gornell is a decent forward too, although don't know how he will be mentally now JC has gone. Grant has always been admired by Hill. Adebola - I don't know. Hilly could be a fan of him in the short term in the same way he was with Lee Thorpe or he could just not suit the pace that he likes to play the game.

The likes of Cavanagh and McIntyre should be on to their agents right now looking for their next club. Just can't see them fitting in under Hill to be honest. Phil Edwards has something about him, but I think Hilly will fancy him in a different position than CB.

What about a recall for Abadaki now?

There's the return of Reece Gray to look forward to, too. He'll thrive on Hilly's watch, I'm sure.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Hill has some good players to work with on 15:21 - Jan 22 with 1457 viewsColDale

Hill has some good players to work with on 15:19 - Jan 22 by fitzochris

There's the return of Reece Gray to look forward to, too. He'll thrive on Hilly's watch, I'm sure.

is Reece Gray not Hilly's villa?
Hill has some good players to work with on 15:22 - Jan 22 with 1445 viewsfitzochris

Hill has some good players to work with on 15:21 - Jan 22 by ColDale

I thought that was a Coleman-ball?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Hill has some good players to work with on 17:59 - Jan 22 with 1212 viewsRalphs12

Hill has some good players to work with on 15:22 - Jan 22 by fitzochris

I thought that was a Coleman-ball?

Hill previously said gray could play in the prem, possibly a kick up the arse comment. But he most certainly rated him. Lets hope he's around to bring him through to he first team.

The team quality was one of my first thoughts on him being appointed. You just can't resist a forward line like that.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Hill has some good players to work with on 18:03 - Jan 22 with 1193 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Hill has some good players to work with on 15:21 - Jan 22 by ColDale

Reece was Coleman's new villa in Dubai before his injury against the Scousers.

Hopefully,Coleman and Bell will be in a tent this summer.
Hill has some good players to work with on 18:06 - Jan 22 with 1180 viewsMasher

I think Hills use of sport science will also make a huge difference.

Up The Dale!!

Hill has some good players to work with on 18:07 - Jan 22 with 1174 viewsphomem

Hill has some good players to work with on 18:06 - Jan 22 by Masher

I think Hills use of sport science will also make a huge difference.

The players may actually become fit!
Login to get fewer ads

Hill has some good players to work with on 18:18 - Jan 22 with 1135 viewspaulscho

Hill has some good players to work with on 15:19 - Jan 22 by fitzochris

hilly said some pretty big things about him the season he left ,i remember him going on about Reece after he had scored away at Bourmoth in the last game of the season

livinginadalewonderland

Hill has some good players to work with on 07:02 - Jan 23 with 924 viewsRalphs12

Also been thinking about what effect this might have on lillis. Could be something that makes a big difference to him. Will we keep the current gk coach or will Wilcox come back? Is he still at Barnsley? Either way I'd imagine Hill would have a slightly different plan of how he wants lillis to play. Could lead to afew clean sheets who knows.
Hill has some good players to work with on 09:42 - Jan 23 with 819 viewsdingdangblue

Gornell is an interesting one for me, only signed till the end of season for us on the 10th Jan, Hilly had been sacked just over a week earlier. Guess Dunphy had already made contact?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024