Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oldham Athletic proposed take over. (n/t) 15:23 - Jun 3 with 3056 viewsjav14

Oh dear. Wouldn't want to wish Vaughan even on them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22755197
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Oldham Athletic proposed take over. (n/t) on 15:40 - Jun 3 with 2995 viewsDaley_Lama

If he took over Dale then I would become an Oldham fan immediately.

Poll: DF in or out

Oldham Athletic proposed take over. (n/t) on 15:41 - Jun 3 with 2973 viewssandylaner1

Oldham Athletic proposed take over. (n/t) on 15:52 - Jun 3 with 2941 viewsSuddenLad

It's been common knowledge that Oldham have been perilously close to the edge for a while in respect of their finances, but surely, nobody can ever, ever be so desperate as to let Vaughan or any of his tribe through the Board room door, even if it was only to clean the carpets.

I fear for Oldham Athletic if they are involved in any sort of deal involving Vaughan, however it comes about.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Oldham Athletic proposed take over. (n/t) on 15:52 - Jun 3 with 2942 viewsfermin

How on earth can he take them over since he has been banned until 2020 and is prohibited from ' "exercising direct or indirect control" over the club's affairs, which the rules prohibit for somebody declared not "fit and proper"':

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/nov/18/chester-city-fit-proper-person-te

The first line of his Wikipedia entry doesn't beat about the bush:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Vaughan,_Sr.
Oldham Athletic proposed take over. (n/t) on 15:59 - Jun 3 with 2929 viewsSuddenLad

Probably the most accurate Wiki article I've seen in a while !!

The consortium may of course be headed by his son, whilst Dad stays out of the way and remains based overseas. The son will not be constricted by the rules which apply to Mr. Vaughan (senior).

No doubt he will be keeping a distance simply because he is legally prevented from any involvement.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Oldham Athletic proposed take over. (n/t) on 16:24 - Jun 3 with 2873 viewsChaffRAFC

A BIFFO mate of mine mentioned that Vaughan was proposing a take over of some sort but he didn't know who he was and I just laughed at him.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Oldham Athletic proposed take over. (n/t) on 16:35 - Jun 3 with 2837 viewsColDale

Given Bury's takeover and the Vaughan's at Oldham, perhaps someone is plotting Manchester North End again.
Oldham Athletic proposed take over. (n/t) on 18:16 - Jun 3 with 2682 viewsLaticsMan

Chairman of the Trust, whilst also being a director, has said that the Vaughan Consortium has made no approach, not contact and no formal bid for the club. Thus, I say its just more BBC nonsense.
Login to get fewer ads

Oldham Athletic proposed take over. (n/t) on 18:56 - Jun 3 with 2590 viewsDomDale

Is he the guy who was connected with Barrow? Some form of scouse boxing promoter pumped drug money into Barrow a few years back from memory or am I thinking of another dodgy scouser.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Oldham Athletic proposed take over. (n/t) on 19:39 - Jun 3 with 2516 viewsBrierls

Oldham Athletic proposed take over. (n/t) on 18:16 - Jun 3 by LaticsMan

Chairman of the Trust, whilst also being a director, has said that the Vaughan Consortium has made no approach, not contact and no formal bid for the club. Thus, I say its just more BBC nonsense.

I sincerely hope you're right. I wouldn't wish a Vaughan takeover on any club!
Oldham Athletic proposed take over. (n/t) on 20:52 - Jun 3 with 2418 viewsfitzochris

... And in other news, Richard Askam tweets:

@richaskam: Might be a reprieve for Stockport County. Aldershot's financial problems could see County promoted back to the Blue Square Premier #scfc

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Oldham Athletic proposed take over. (n/t) on 21:16 - Jun 3 with 2374 viewsKenBoon

Oldham Athletic proposed take over. (n/t) on 20:52 - Jun 3 by fitzochris

... And in other news, Richard Askam tweets:

@richaskam: Might be a reprieve for Stockport County. Aldershot's financial problems could see County promoted back to the Blue Square Premier #scfc

They can get relegated next season then.
Oldham Athletic proposed take over. (n/t) on 12:31 - Jun 5 with 2078 views100notout

Biffos have obviously seen through Vaughan - binned him off according to this ............

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/oldham-athle

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024