Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Memories Of Yeovil 23:09 - Oct 5 with 661 viewsmikehunt

Not many of them are there?
I always liked them as a non-league team with their giant-killing exploits; then came the day they joined the league. Their first match was at t'th'Dale and I lost all respect for them. I think it was largely down to the ref that day, who decided that Yeovil were going to win that match no matter what. I have never seen such biased refereeing. He nearly jumped for joy when they took the lead but we battled on and, much to the ref's disgust, Paul Connor got an equaliser. 'Cos the ref couldn't come up with a good reason to disallow it he promptly booked Connor for celebrating with the crowd.
Worse was to follow: one of their players went down theatrically and won himself a free kick about 25 yards from goal. Their player received some treatment to prove that he really had been clattered. Our lads were stood around waiting for their trainer to leave the pitch but whilst he was still walking off one of the Yeovil guys was whispering to the ref "Can I take it?" The ref nodded and he kicked the ball into an unguarded net much to our surprise and disgust and Yeovil (and the ref's) delight. It wasn't until Yeovil had got another goal and the match was out of sight, that the ref started to show a bit of even handedness. But the collusion between the Yeovil player and the ref for that free kick still sticks in my craw. I have disliked Yeovil ever since. (Not one to hold a grudge like...)

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024