Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jason Peake's goal ... 13:22 - Oct 20 with 3763 viewsTVOS1907

For those too young to remember/know about, here's the Jason Peake goal v Carlisle in January 1995 that was talked about after yesterday's winner:

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Jason Peake's goal ... on 13:26 - Oct 20 with 3741 viewsboromat

I was only 6 but I remember that goal all too well. Peake scored some beauty's in his times at Dale.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Jason Peake's goal ... on 14:23 - Oct 20 with 3641 views442Dale

Think Docherty got the job permanently around that time as every other manager in the English speaking world decided not to come.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Jason Peake's goal ... on 14:37 - Oct 20 with 3602 viewsSuddenLad

Jason Peake's goal ... on 14:23 - Oct 20 by 442Dale

Think Docherty got the job permanently around that time as every other manager in the English speaking world decided not to come.

I should imagine that's similar at Giggle Lane now. Even Warnock has stuck the knife in now about the facilities and budget.

Good job they have an International network of connections to entice someone from Tibet or perhaps Bhutan. At least they will be used to climbing mountains..............

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Jason Peake's goal ... on 16:08 - Oct 20 with 3466 viewspl56

Jason Peake's goal ... on 14:23 - Oct 20 by 442Dale

I think the search went on a couple of months longer ; I seem to remember driving back from Leicester one afternoon in March and being gutted (can't believe it now !!) that Sammy Mcilroy had turned us down to stay at Macclesfield !!
Jason Peake's goal ... on 16:24 - Oct 20 with 3436 viewsNewbury_Dale

Jason Peake's goal ... on 16:08 - Oct 20 by pl56

I think the search went on a couple of months longer ; I seem to remember driving back from Leicester one afternoon in March and being gutted (can't believe it now !!) that Sammy Mcilroy had turned us down to stay at Macclesfield !!

Ironically Jason Peake is a chiropodist in Leicester these days.
Jason Peake's goal ... on 16:33 - Oct 20 with 3415 viewsTVOS1907

Docherty was appointed permanently in late January/early February 1995, round about the time he signed Deary and when Richard Sharpe was scoring goals at bury.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Jason Peake's goal ... on 16:49 - Oct 20 with 3390 views442Dale

McIlroy turned us down in January. It definitely looked like he was on his way here.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Jason Peake's goal ... on 17:41 - Oct 20 with 3313 viewspl56

Jason Peake's goal ... on 16:33 - Oct 20 by TVOS1907

Docherty was appointed permanently in late January/early February 1995, round about the time he signed Deary and when Richard Sharpe was scoring goals at bury.

Thanks ; it must have been a very mild winter ! Apologies for the error !
Login to get fewer ads

Jason Peake's goal ... on 19:30 - Oct 20 with 3208 viewsSuddenLad

Jason Peake's goal ... on 16:49 - Oct 20 by 442Dale

McIlroy turned us down in January. It definitely looked like he was on his way here.

I was reliably informed that McIlroy had no REAL intention of joining Rochdale, but merely used the situation to improve his own situation at Macc.

Weren't we also on the verge of appointing Ian Atkins, but with all the dithering and delays he went elsewhere ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Jason Peake's goal ... on 00:59 - Oct 21 with 3042 viewsPeaky

Peake's goal against Halifax sticks in my mind. Sure it was an overhead kick wasnt it TVOS
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024