Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taarabt giving Warnock his shirt 15:05 - Jan 26 with 9085 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Just saw on BBC Sport "Great scenes in the tunnel at Bramall Lane as Adel Taarabt interrupts Neil Warnock doing his post-match analysis on television to give his former manager his shirt from the match"

Nice gesture from Taarabt (This post is not one begging for Taarabt back, just giving information, so please do not hate)

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Taarabt giving Warnock his shirt on 15:15 - Jan 26 with 4925 viewshoops_legend

Shows how much Warnock means to him,...
Taarabt giving Warnock his shirt on 15:31 - Jan 26 with 4848 viewssupahoopsa

I am more than happy to beg for the return of Taarabt.

In 35 years of supporting the hoops, I can't remember enjoying watching anyone more. Just the thought of the "Taarabt's too good for you" song after another outrageous piece of skill gets the hairs on the back of my neck up.

Come on home Adel, you know you want to and I'm sure you'd get a hero's welcome.

Don's tin hat and takes cover :-)

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Taarabt giving Warnock his shirt on 15:34 - Jan 26 with 4822 viewsFearless

Taarabt giving Warnock his shirt on 15:31 - Jan 26 by supahoopsa

I am more than happy to beg for the return of Taarabt.

In 35 years of supporting the hoops, I can't remember enjoying watching anyone more. Just the thought of the "Taarabt's too good for you" song after another outrageous piece of skill gets the hairs on the back of my neck up.

Come on home Adel, you know you want to and I'm sure you'd get a hero's welcome.

Don's tin hat and takes cover :-)

Ditto
Taarabt giving Warnock his shirt on 15:37 - Jan 26 with 4804 viewsSnipper

Taarabt giving Warnock his shirt on 15:34 - Jan 26 by Fearless

Ditto

If we'd have had him this season, we'd be pissing this league.
Taarabt giving Warnock his shirt on 15:48 - Jan 26 with 4751 viewsRangersDave

Taarabt giving Warnock his shirt on 15:37 - Jan 26 by Snipper

Ditto too

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Taarabt giving Warnock his shirt on 16:01 - Jan 26 with 4685 viewseghamranger

All depends on which Adel turns up to play though!
Taarabt giving Warnock his shirt on 16:09 - Jan 26 with 4652 viewsQPR1882

He did fck all in the last 2 years playing for us and has done even less this year at Fulham. Yes he had a great year the season we won the Championship and for that we have to be grateful but that was 3 years ago.
Taarabt giving Warnock his shirt on 16:13 - Jan 26 with 4623 viewsJigsore

Taarabt giving Warnock his shirt on 16:09 - Jan 26 by QPR1882

He did fck all in the last 2 years playing for us and has done even less this year at Fulham. Yes he had a great year the season we won the Championship and for that we have to be grateful but that was 3 years ago.

Come off it, over our two dreadful Prem seasons he probably did more than anyone except Clint Hill

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Login to get fewer ads

Taarabt giving Warnock his shirt on 16:16 - Jan 26 with 4617 viewsrsonist

Taarabt giving Warnock his shirt on 16:16 - Jan 26 with 4617 viewsessextaxiboy

Taarabt giving Warnock his shirt on 15:37 - Jan 26 by Snipper

Maybe , but promotion built on a flat track bullys dominance would be built on sand like before.
Taarabt giving Warnock his shirt on 16:56 - Jan 26 with 4411 viewsQPR1882

Taarabt giving Warnock his shirt on 16:13 - Jan 26 by Jigsore

Come off it, over our two dreadful Prem seasons he probably did more than anyone except Clint Hill

7 goals in 57 games, compared to the 19 he got in our championship winning season sort of suggests he never done much in the last 2 years for us.

There is no doubting his obvious talent and it was a pleasure watching him that year, fact is he did no more then Kenny did that year getting us up and I would not want him back either.
Taarabt giving Warnock his shirt on 17:09 - Jan 26 with 4357 viewshoops_legend

Taarabt giving Warnock his shirt on 16:56 - Jan 26 by QPR1882

7 goals in 57 games, compared to the 19 he got in our championship winning season sort of suggests he never done much in the last 2 years for us.

There is no doubting his obvious talent and it was a pleasure watching him that year, fact is he did no more then Kenny did that year getting us up and I would not want him back either.

Try playing with the creativity of SWP, Mbia, Boswingwa and Zamora in the prem and you will see why he got only 7 goals...

If he was part of a better team, maybe he would have more...

I would still welcome him back but I don't think that matters now! :(
Taarabt giving Warnock his shirt on 17:31 - Jan 26 with 4262 viewsOutWestR

Taarabt giving Warnock his shirt on 16:16 - Jan 26 by rsonist

Ahh that little exchange takes me back, reminds me of buying pharmaceuticals in nightclubs many years ago.
Taarabt giving Warnock his shirt on 17:34 - Jan 26 with 4236 viewsRangersw12

Taarabt giving Warnock his shirt on 16:56 - Jan 26 by QPR1882

Look how many chances he created for the team in those two years not his fault majority of the time the strikers were shit
Taarabt giving Warnock his shirt on 17:39 - Jan 26 with 4215 viewsbaz_qpr

Didn't he have something like the 2nd most chance creation in the league in the first half of the season last year.
Taarabt giving Warnock his shirt on 17:46 - Jan 26 with 4168 viewsQPRDave

Well tbf Neil did give him everything he could ever want when he was Adel's manager.
He ain't had a manager do so much for him since
[Post edited 26 Jan 2014 17:48]
Taarabt giving Warnock his shirt on 17:50 - Jan 26 with 4136 viewsQPR1882

Taarabt giving Warnock his shirt on 17:46 - Jan 26 by QPRDave

Well tbf Neil did give him everything he could ever want when he was Adel's manager.
He ain't had a manager do so much for him since
[Post edited 26 Jan 2014 17:48]

Reading between the lines on Colin's book, Adel managed him not the other way around. Maybe Hughes and Harry should have tried that.
Taarabt giving Warnock his shirt on 17:51 - Jan 26 with 4131 viewsClive_Anderson

There was a week or so where he wanted to come back and Fulham said they'd end the loan, but Harry wasn't interested. Missed the chance now I think.
Taarabt giving Warnock his shirt on 17:59 - Jan 26 with 4081 viewsHunterhoop

We all know he's precious. We all realise most of the squad probably don't like him. He doesn't train like he should and his attitude is still not what it should be. Who knows whether his presence would upset the apple cart in terms of squad morale.

HOWEVER, the bloke has a lot of quality. 18 goals and 19 assists 3 years ago. All this "he did nothing in the Prem" is total b*llocks. Think back to all our good games - he was immense! 1st season - that run in (Spurs, Arsenal at home, superb), 2nd season (Fulham at home, Chelsea away). That's just a few off the top of my head. Apart from Clint Hill, he did more than anyone else over the course of the 2 seasons. And that was when Warnock and then Hughes decided not to play him for blocks of games at a time. Yes, he wasn't amazing every game! Name me a player of ours that was! Too much was expected of him. It was unrealistic. He played well for the most part and in a better team would have looked how he deserved to be viewed, very good.

I'm convinced if we had him playing this season (yes, I know he'd have to want to play for us - that's another discussion), we'd be pissing this league. The bloke takes 2 defenders all game, that frees up space for others. He makes stuff happen out of the nothing and he creates tons of chances which I'm sure Austin would lap up. Adel in the 2nd half of last season vs Niko this season = no contest. Adel every day of the week. His complete lack of match time at Fulham have probably made him a bit rusty and lacking in match sharpness though currently.

If we go up, I'd have him back in a flash. Teams like us in the Prem need match winners. They give us that X factor which is crucial when we play sides with players better than most of ours. We employ a manager to find the best way to fit him into the side and make it work. Just because it's not straightforward, we shouldn't jettison him. Redknapp, or whoever, should bloody well do their job and find a way to make the most of him AND man-manage him properly.
Taarabt giving Warnock his shirt on 18:02 - Jan 26 with 4070 viewsWeaverQPR

HR just doesnt have the patience for him which is a shame, having bombed him out of Spurs it was always on the cards. Lets be fair not many players can come out of the last two years in the PL covered in glory.

@WeavQPR

Taarabt giving Warnock his shirt on 18:07 - Jan 26 with 4046 viewsRanger78

Taarabt giving Warnock his shirt on 15:48 - Jan 26 by RangersDave

Ditto too

ditto again
Taarabt giving Warnock his shirt on 18:10 - Jan 26 with 4041 viewspaulparker

Taarabt giving Warnock his shirt on 17:59 - Jan 26 by Hunterhoop

We all know he's precious. We all realise most of the squad probably don't like him. He doesn't train like he should and his attitude is still not what it should be. Who knows whether his presence would upset the apple cart in terms of squad morale.

HOWEVER, the bloke has a lot of quality. 18 goals and 19 assists 3 years ago. All this "he did nothing in the Prem" is total b*llocks. Think back to all our good games - he was immense! 1st season - that run in (Spurs, Arsenal at home, superb), 2nd season (Fulham at home, Chelsea away). That's just a few off the top of my head. Apart from Clint Hill, he did more than anyone else over the course of the 2 seasons. And that was when Warnock and then Hughes decided not to play him for blocks of games at a time. Yes, he wasn't amazing every game! Name me a player of ours that was! Too much was expected of him. It was unrealistic. He played well for the most part and in a better team would have looked how he deserved to be viewed, very good.

I'm convinced if we had him playing this season (yes, I know he'd have to want to play for us - that's another discussion), we'd be pissing this league. The bloke takes 2 defenders all game, that frees up space for others. He makes stuff happen out of the nothing and he creates tons of chances which I'm sure Austin would lap up. Adel in the 2nd half of last season vs Niko this season = no contest. Adel every day of the week. His complete lack of match time at Fulham have probably made him a bit rusty and lacking in match sharpness though currently.

If we go up, I'd have him back in a flash. Teams like us in the Prem need match winners. They give us that X factor which is crucial when we play sides with players better than most of ours. We employ a manager to find the best way to fit him into the side and make it work. Just because it's not straightforward, we shouldn't jettison him. Redknapp, or whoever, should bloody well do their job and find a way to make the most of him AND man-manage him properly.

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Taarabt giving Warnock his shirt on 18:19 - Jan 26 with 3986 viewsmorgantwin

Taarabt giving Warnock his shirt on 18:10 - Jan 26 by paulparker

i agree id have adel back his skill is amazing he could score some crucial goals

Poll: in last fifty years what was greatest ever atmosphere

Taarabt giving Warnock his shirt on 18:35 - Jan 26 with 3921 viewsHollowayRanger

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/100954/taarabt-and

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Taarabt giving Warnock his shirt on 18:45 - Jan 26 with 3886 viewsTW_R

Taarabt giving Warnock his shirt on 17:59 - Jan 26 by Hunterhoop

I'd agree with all that. There was far too much expectation on him and it doesn't matter how creative you are if you don't have anyone to pass to in attacking positions you're going to lose the ball more often than not He was used as a bit of scapegoat by Hughes after the Swansea debacle but proved his class numerous times.

It's a pity Redknapp couldn't find a place for him this season, but I understand why, based on his attitude pre-season.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024