Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What was the problem in Ellerslie ? 22:00 - Feb 16 with 10575 viewsWokingR

What was going on in Ellerslie Road this afternoon just before their 3rd.
Was to the left of us and couldn't see due to everyone standing up to get a look
What was the problem in Ellerslie ? on 10:39 - Feb 17 with 2417 viewsheadhoops

Leave it - you want some?

Fighting amongst each other just shows how polarised Redknapp has made us feel. The Zamora substitution was clueless IMHO.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

What was the problem in Ellerslie ? on 10:45 - Feb 17 with 2406 viewsHollowayRanger

What was the problem in Ellerslie ? on 09:19 - Feb 17 by CroydonCaptJack

They are all season ticket holders.

someone should move or be banned then

as it could kick off again if not over this then something else

ive never booed a player especially one just coming on

BUT i did boo ian holloway for bringing on cureton instead of baidoo it was last game of a season when cureton was leaving so had no future i thought better to give baidoo game time especially as i thought he would be needed next season

bloke in front of me turned into total nutter was going to smash me do me in kill me the works even trying to explain i was booing the decison not the player made no difference,i had to keep quite as i didnt want to provoke him not as i was scared but i could see myself being banned

luckily he was banned for something else and never seen again other wise it would have kicked off again sooner or later

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

What was the problem in Ellerslie ? on 10:46 - Feb 17 with 2403 viewsspencer

What was the problem in Ellerslie ? on 10:36 - Feb 17 by RblockPrior

I remember Loftus Road being regarded as a real hostile place to come for away teams/fans, now its only hostile for our own players! The fact that alot of our fans expect us just to turn teams over each week does not help. Its a hard league no doubt about it, I believe Harry has brought in far too many players in on reputation alone who just seem as though they feel they have nothing to prove
[Post edited 17 Feb 2014 11:03]

Agreed - very dependant on Austins goals, had no real cover...gets injured and then we panic buy/loan 4 strikers...and then decide to bring one of our " crocked strikers" on.

The minute I saw Zamora warming up on Saturday - my gut just slumped and you could feel the crowds anxiety all round the ground.

As like the derby match - we never looked like scoring..even when they went down to ten men.

I'm now thinking....do I want to go up? It was a massive plus for me, Harry becoming manager. Non QPR fans all spoke very highly of him....Spurs fans appeared divided. I know we are third and I didn't expect an easy run....but we have no real pattern to our team.It gets chopped and changed every week...and in my opinion....no a fan of harrys short term fixes.
What was the problem in Ellerslie ? on 11:39 - Feb 17 with 2343 viewswhittocksRs

Wheels well and truly off now.

Play-offs a very big ask now.
What was the problem in Ellerslie ? on 13:11 - Feb 17 with 2252 viewsgjc104

We sit down near the front of X Block and saw the trouble spill over, but couldnt tell who was the instigator etc.

Yesterday reminded me of the Premiership days, falling out with each other at Stoke and so. Was the same on the pitch.

We go to every game home and away, a home game is a 360 mile round trip for us and I have to say, yesterday felt like a chore.....much prefer away games if I am honest!
What was the problem in Ellerslie ? on 13:59 - Feb 17 with 2194 viewssotonsuperhoop

What was the problem in Ellerslie ? on 22:13 - Feb 16 by oldmeadoniansR

I'll never forget being a kid at the milk cup final when a massive fight broke out in our end.. Shep bush versus notting hill apparently. Couldn't understand it then and struggle to understand it now. We all support QPR.

I remember the Milk Cup final too, a disgrace all fighting each other, at least noone got their ear cut off with a stanley knife like at Wembley! Progress i guess?!!

Back to the incident yesterday , at the Burnley game I'd had enough of the guy behind me whinging on all game and he slagged off Maiga after his first two touches, I turned around and we went face to face shouting for about three or so mins, a few others joined in then we all saw sense, sat down and shook hands at the final whistle, noone got chucked out or banned, but then we did equalise so the mood wasnt as bad as yesterday!

Weve always fought our own fans, for yars its gone on, Donacsetr away in the league winning season, last year away at Stoke just to name a few. It happens , get over it, at the end of the day passions run high and we are all entitled to our opinions

So will X block still be used for the singing section experiment v Yeovil?
[Post edited 17 Feb 2014 14:00]
What was the problem in Ellerslie ? on 14:11 - Feb 17 with 2177 viewsTHEBUSH

What was the problem in Ellerslie ? on 01:05 - Feb 17 by RangersAreBack

Some common sense at last. If you continue to abuse a man's son despite being told several times to knock it off, expect to catch a slap. Simples.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2014 1:08]

Sorry but your wrong, if you think a slap is ok, your out of order, violence is not the answer.
What was the problem in Ellerslie ? on 14:19 - Feb 17 with 2150 viewsDiscodroid

What was the problem in Ellerslie ? on 10:39 - Feb 17 by headhoops

Leave it - you want some?

Fighting amongst each other just shows how polarised Redknapp has made us feel. The Zamora substitution was clueless IMHO.

hahahahahaha like being threatend by arthur asky wielding his spoons at 130 beats per minute.wasnt dane hoop was it??
[Post edited 17 Feb 2014 14:22]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Login to get fewer ads

What was the problem in Ellerslie ? on 14:21 - Feb 17 with 2150 viewspaulparker

What was the problem in Ellerslie ? on 13:59 - Feb 17 by sotonsuperhoop

I remember the Milk Cup final too, a disgrace all fighting each other, at least noone got their ear cut off with a stanley knife like at Wembley! Progress i guess?!!

Back to the incident yesterday , at the Burnley game I'd had enough of the guy behind me whinging on all game and he slagged off Maiga after his first two touches, I turned around and we went face to face shouting for about three or so mins, a few others joined in then we all saw sense, sat down and shook hands at the final whistle, noone got chucked out or banned, but then we did equalise so the mood wasnt as bad as yesterday!

Weve always fought our own fans, for yars its gone on, Donacsetr away in the league winning season, last year away at Stoke just to name a few. It happens , get over it, at the end of the day passions run high and we are all entitled to our opinions

So will X block still be used for the singing section experiment v Yeovil?
[Post edited 17 Feb 2014 14:00]

yep I to remember the huge off at Wembley 86
seem to recall it went off on the top tier terracing and some poor sod getting battered with a flag pole , it was just as Oxford were scoring their first goal
anyway fighting amongst our own is not a new thing and has been going on for years
home & away
I do have to admit its got worse the last 2 years and its pretty much like this MB in how it goes as you will have people who boo the team as we are s&it its expensive following this team and passions run high and then you have the fans who back the players and managers no matter how bad things get
anyway point being is it will never stop

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

What was the problem in Ellerslie ? on 14:24 - Feb 17 with 2139 viewsTheBlob

Seem to remember back in the day a big barney in the Ellerslie because someone had poked someone elses Mrs.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

What was the problem in Ellerslie ? on 14:24 - Feb 17 with 2138 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Seeing that third goal in, Reading fans celebrating, Dunne and BAE arguing, people shouting and this little punch up brought a shiver to the spine as it brought back memories of last season

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

What was the problem in Ellerslie ? on 14:24 - Feb 17 with 2139 viewsloftboy

What was the problem in Ellerslie ? on 14:21 - Feb 17 by paulparker

yep I to remember the huge off at Wembley 86
seem to recall it went off on the top tier terracing and some poor sod getting battered with a flag pole , it was just as Oxford were scoring their first goal
anyway fighting amongst our own is not a new thing and has been going on for years
home & away
I do have to admit its got worse the last 2 years and its pretty much like this MB in how it goes as you will have people who boo the team as we are s&it its expensive following this team and passions run high and then you have the fans who back the players and managers no matter how bad things get
anyway point being is it will never stop

I was stood right near that, I thought the bloke having the flagpole inserted in his head was an Oxford fan who cheered when they scored
[Post edited 17 Feb 2014 14:33]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

What was the problem in Ellerslie ? on 17:44 - Feb 17 with 2036 viewsActonOccident

The son in question here is the @TalkingQPR kid on Twitter, no? He was on the Summer deadline day Open All R's podcast earlier this season:

https://soundcloud.com/playbackmedia/deadline-bard

He's been naming and shaming people who sit around him all season, even going so far as posting photos of the names from their seats. Not exactly breaking noses, but far from kosher behaviour IMO.
What was the problem in Ellerslie ? on 18:32 - Feb 17 with 2007 viewspaulparker

What was the problem in Ellerslie ? on 17:44 - Feb 17 by ActonOccident

The son in question here is the @TalkingQPR kid on Twitter, no? He was on the Summer deadline day Open All R's podcast earlier this season:

https://soundcloud.com/playbackmedia/deadline-bard

He's been naming and shaming people who sit around him all season, even going so far as posting photos of the names from their seats. Not exactly breaking noses, but far from kosher behaviour IMO.

if it is him then he deserves a clump for grassing fellow rangers

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

What was the problem in Ellerslie ? on 18:56 - Feb 17 with 1975 viewsthemodfather

all over zamora!!
he was injured as soon as he came on! a disaster of a signing, cost us a fortune and to cop a ban for him, bah??
What was the problem in Ellerslie ? on 19:36 - Feb 17 with 1932 viewsRangersAreBack

What was the problem in Ellerslie ? on 10:38 - Feb 17 by WestbourneR

Dear me Rangersareback. Oh dear. You are a very very stupid person.

If ignorance is bliss, you must be the happiest person alive.
What was the problem in Ellerslie ? on 20:44 - Feb 17 with 1878 viewsqueensparker

What was the problem in Ellerslie ? on 10:19 - Feb 17 by RblockPrior

I will get slated for this but its a forum and so will voice my opinion.

The worst thing about this season has been our fans, created little atmosphere, fighting each other, constantly moaning without realising the task ahead, booing own players...
never thought Id say that as our fans use to be the best thing about the club! not sure whats happened. The thing is the fans predicting at the start of the season are the ones slating every player and the manager for not being in the top two

Don't reckon you should get slated for this, it's true.

Trouble is with all the massive money being spent, plus that truly sh*tty two years in the Prem (with some exceptions), expectations are now completely different to the last 30/40 years when we all saw ourselves as an honourable, rock'n'roll West London club who combined mavericks, youth and lower league gems and did our best. With amazing results every now and then.

Now you've got a load of understandably angry people, paying big money to get in, watching players on insane money in tough times, thinking we should be winning every game 5-0. But football's not like that.

We've gone from being a completely broke car crash to a completely minted car crash. We need to find the middle ground and find a manager and group of players everyone can get behind in the tradition of the club. Like Warnock did.
What was the problem in Ellerslie ? on 20:49 - Feb 17 with 1866 viewsTacticalR

The worst thing about this season has been our fans, created little atmosphere, fighting each other, constantly moaning without realising the task ahead, booing own players...
never thought Id say that as our fans use to be the best thing about the club! not sure whats happened. The thing is the fans predicting at the start of the season are the ones slating every player and the manager for not being in the top two

We need to bring in young, hungry fans with something to prove. Or possibly cheap imported fans from China.

Air hostess clique

What was the problem in Ellerslie ? on 22:07 - Feb 17 with 1788 viewsqprrob59

What was the problem in Ellerslie ? on 20:49 - Feb 17 by TacticalR

We need to bring in young, hungry fans with something to prove. Or possibly cheap imported fans from China.

Just for the people who were'nt there,and for those who are trying to defend the bloke as a lovely fellow,he got slapped for abusing the people around him who bood Zamora.I don't boo our players but i don't paticularly care if people do ,the've paid there money so entitled to their view.We also were'nt apparently supporting the team,well at the last count i've been going 47 years,and i'm suddenly not loyal,he then turned his rage on this lad whose Dad took offence at what he was saying. I can assure you most people were pi##ed off with the decision to bring him on,but it didn't give him the right to abuse people just because they have a different viewpoint whatever it is.Just as an aside his son has been calling people all the c##nts under the sun and giving it large today on twitter or whatever it is ,and it would appear they have been taking photos of the people and their seat names and numbers around them whose opinions they don't agree with, snidely at games, and posting them on the internet with abusive headings,yeah they're a lovely pair,the unofficial QPR thought police.
What was the problem in Ellerslie ? on 22:43 - Feb 17 with 1753 viewsBluce_Ree

Fighting over football? What the f**k is that bullshit?

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

What was the problem in Ellerslie ? on 01:05 - Feb 18 with 1666 viewsCroydonCaptJack

What was the problem in Ellerslie ? on 22:07 - Feb 17 by qprrob59

Just for the people who were'nt there,and for those who are trying to defend the bloke as a lovely fellow,he got slapped for abusing the people around him who bood Zamora.I don't boo our players but i don't paticularly care if people do ,the've paid there money so entitled to their view.We also were'nt apparently supporting the team,well at the last count i've been going 47 years,and i'm suddenly not loyal,he then turned his rage on this lad whose Dad took offence at what he was saying. I can assure you most people were pi##ed off with the decision to bring him on,but it didn't give him the right to abuse people just because they have a different viewpoint whatever it is.Just as an aside his son has been calling people all the c##nts under the sun and giving it large today on twitter or whatever it is ,and it would appear they have been taking photos of the people and their seat names and numbers around them whose opinions they don't agree with, snidely at games, and posting them on the internet with abusive headings,yeah they're a lovely pair,the unofficial QPR thought police.

I couldn't hear what he said to be fair and its sad that it came to blows because we all want the same thing. I'm surprised to hear all that.
What was the problem in Ellerslie ? on 01:19 - Feb 18 with 1658 viewsTrom

It's because this seaon is f@#king boring. Zero entertainment and people will make their own.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2014 1:25]
What was the problem in Ellerslie ? on 08:44 - Feb 18 with 1579 viewsthemodfather

i have heard few boos, atmosphere rarely ticks....for me zamora should never have been signed and i resent him a the club earning huge wages
him and aj have been injured on/off so often and the cost!!! the mind boggles on these great signings.
aj at least imo has given what he can...
as for taking pics or naming people , well no no no that will lead to rucks.
a couple up in f block moved seats, the club asked was it the "swearing"
"no, your prices!!"
What was the problem in Ellerslie ? on 14:39 - Feb 18 with 1494 viewsPinnerPaul

What was the problem in Ellerslie ? on 11:39 - Feb 17 by whittocksRs

Wheels well and truly off now.

Play-offs a very big ask now.

Its a big ask to drop to 7th from where we are IMHO
What was the problem in Ellerslie ? (n/t) on 17:23 - Feb 18 with 1406 viewswhittocksRs

What was the problem in Ellerslie ? on 14:39 - Feb 18 by PinnerPaul

Its a big ask to drop to 7th from where we are IMHO

Nah, it's 10 points at the moment but judging by the form we're on, any team hovering around the 7th spot and hitting 1st or 2nd place form, which often happens around this time, is going to be a problem for us.

If we can stick to, say, 12th place form, we'll limp over the line in 5th or 6th.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2014 17:28]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024