Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Travel Help to Spotland! 12:43 - Feb 17 with 3924 viewsusername

Hi all, I basically need help to get to Spotland. My friend and I(I'm a Rochdale fan he is a ground hopper) are getting the met from Altrincham to Bury but I know we need to get a bus to get to the Cemetry Hotel. So which bus (what number) do we get to get to the Cemetry also how long should it take?

Thanks
Travel Help to Spotland! on 12:56 - Feb 17 with 3883 viewsSuddenLad

You need the 470 or 471 bus service to Rochdale. From Bury it will take about half an hour to the Cemetery.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Travel Help to Spotland! on 13:03 - Feb 17 with 3860 viewspioneer

Travel Help to Spotland! on 12:56 - Feb 17 by SuddenLad

You need the 470 or 471 bus service to Rochdale. From Bury it will take about half an hour to the Cemetery.

The 468 and 469 go by the Cemetery hotel. One of them goes right by the ground (check timetable for service that goes by Woodyard garage.

For evening games the last one that goes past the ground is before the end of the game so you need to walk down to the Cemetrey hotel and catch the next one on the other side of the road .

I think the 470 goes via Heywood which means you need another bus (or a hike) to the ground.

You can get the timetables for 468/9 on line - type Rochdale to Bury bus 468 into google
Travel Help to Spotland! on 13:37 - Feb 17 with 3783 viewsSuddenLad

Travel Help to Spotland! on 13:03 - Feb 17 by pioneer

The 468 and 469 go by the Cemetery hotel. One of them goes right by the ground (check timetable for service that goes by Woodyard garage.

For evening games the last one that goes past the ground is before the end of the game so you need to walk down to the Cemetrey hotel and catch the next one on the other side of the road .

I think the 470 goes via Heywood which means you need another bus (or a hike) to the ground.

You can get the timetables for 468/9 on line - type Rochdale to Bury bus 468 into google

Thanks for updating me. The last time I went on a bus, there was a horse pulling it !!

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Travel Help to Spotland! on 14:07 - Feb 17 with 3718 viewsfermin

Am I missing something? Is it really quicker or cheaper to get from Manchester Victoria to the Cemetery/Spotland via Bury rather than take the train to Rochdale and walk? I realise you would have to time your arrival at Victoria to meet a train to Rochdale (though they are quite frequent unless you're travelling back after a midweek game) but presumably it is the same principle when you get to Bury and catch a bus. In all my years of coming to Dale by public transport I have never thought of getting there via Bury.
Travel Help to Spotland! on 15:30 - Feb 17 with 3617 viewsYadHoDale

Makes sense travelling from Alty. Direct tram to Bury, change to 468/9 and Bjiorn Strongithearm's your uncle.
Travel Help to Spotland! on 15:56 - Feb 17 with 3574 viewsTVOS1907

Can we please not mention bury in another thread? Gigger will have kittens.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Travel Help to Spotland! on 16:02 - Feb 17 with 3559 viewsD_Alien

Travel Help to Spotland! on 15:56 - Feb 17 by TVOS1907

Can we please not mention bury in another thread? Gigger will have kittens.

Look, six toes

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Travel Help to Spotland! on 18:24 - Feb 17 with 3411 viewsusername

Thanks for the help much appreciated!
Login to get fewer ads

Travel Help to Spotland! on 23:01 - Feb 17 with 3192 viewsbig_dave2010

Travel Help to Spotland! on 18:24 - Feb 17 by username

Thanks for the help much appreciated!

www.gmpte.com and click on " look up a timetable "
Travel Help to Spotland! on 12:34 - Feb 18 with 3047 viewspioneer

Travel Help to Spotland! on 15:30 - Feb 17 by YadHoDale

Makes sense travelling from Alty. Direct tram to Bury, change to 468/9 and Bjiorn Strongithearm's your uncle.

I have to travel from Alty to games quite often - its far quicker than going via Manchester centre.
Travel Help to Spotland! on 13:31 - Feb 18 with 2981 viewsPaulH84

Isnt there still a South Manchester and Cheshire Supporters branch?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024