Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looks like Cavs Gone 11:38 - May 7 with 9570 viewsraadale

He's just tweeted

Had a great 2 years at @officiallydale enjoyed the ride. Onto the next chapter for me. Great bunch of lads who will do very well next year 👍
Looks like Cavs Gone on 11:51 - May 7 with 6939 viewssandylaner1

Looks like Cavs Gone on 11:58 - May 7 with 6893 views100notout

If thats true then thanks for everything Cav and I wish you all the very best for the future.

I'm really glad that he didn't leave when Coleman went. If he did, he'd be remembered as a crap player, unable to pass a ball, unfit, lacking in effort etc.

As it is, over the last few months I think we have seen the true Cav and he'll be remembered (by me anyway) as a great defensive midfielder who played an integral part in our success this season.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Looks like Cavs Gone on 12:07 - May 7 with 6828 viewsjfmolyneux

Looks like he was released as opposed to choosing to go, well according to the awful Ian Craney anyway...

@CRANEY0207: @petercav81 ther loss lad absolute joke that #loyalty
[Post edited 7 May 2014 12:11]
Looks like Cavs Gone on 12:09 - May 7 with 6796 viewssweetcorn

Got to say im disappointed as cav is one of my favourite players, I admire the player whos willing to do the shift no one else wants to and he was excellent at it.

Hill obviously has someone in mind to replace him and fully trust him to get this right, he obviously has released cav with the idea of a more fluid midfield 3 with lund dropping in, offering a similar defensive skill but with a far superior passing range to set off attacks.

Paves the way for the otoole rumour to be true? One can dream.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Looks like Cavs Gone on 12:13 - May 7 with 6744 viewsspikey58

Thought he would have been given a chance to do a 'Jonah' and prove himself in League 1. Looks like his injury record might have gone against him. Cheers Cav; expect him to get picked up soon by a League 2 club (hello Flicker ...)
Looks like Cavs Gone on 12:15 - May 7 with 6714 viewsHopwoodblue

Looks like Cavs Gone on 12:09 - May 7 by sweetcorn

Got to say im disappointed as cav is one of my favourite players, I admire the player whos willing to do the shift no one else wants to and he was excellent at it.

Hill obviously has someone in mind to replace him and fully trust him to get this right, he obviously has released cav with the idea of a more fluid midfield 3 with lund dropping in, offering a similar defensive skill but with a far superior passing range to set off attacks.

Paves the way for the otoole rumour to be true? One can dream.

Could be he was given a large wage when he came, and we can bring in someone for less to do the same job ?

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Looks like Cavs Gone on 12:19 - May 7 with 6668 viewsHopwoodblue

Bury could do worse, maybe Flicker might fancy a punt.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Looks like Cavs Gone on 12:19 - May 7 with 6660 viewslurker

All the best Cav. Class man and a decent player to boot. Hope he gets fixed up soon.
Craney proving his lack of class there and Cav would do well to boot friends like him well in to touch.
Login to get fewer ads

Looks like Cavs Gone on 12:23 - May 7 with 6609 viewsfitzochris

Looks like Cavs Gone on 12:07 - May 7 by jfmolyneux

Looks like he was released as opposed to choosing to go, well according to the awful Ian Craney anyway...

@CRANEY0207: @petercav81 ther loss lad absolute joke that #loyalty
[Post edited 7 May 2014 12:11]

No. The joke is that we ever employed Craney in any capacity.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Looks like Cavs Gone on 12:25 - May 7 with 6567 viewsNotEyreClue

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Looks like Cavs Gone on 12:26 - May 7 with 6566 viewsColDale

There's been precious few footballers over the years who have changed people's minds after a dodgy start. Cav is the exception to the rule. He's been brilliant this season and he'll leave with glowing references from everyone at the club for both on and off the field, and he'll be fondly remembered for his time with us as someone who proved all the doubters wrong.

But we have a league one team to build. Had we stayed down, I'm sure he'd have got another year, but in the nicest possible way, will someone of his age be able to step up to League One? That has to be the decision taken by Hill. We're not going to League One to make up the numbers, and that means strengthening where we can.

Craney's opinion, like his career, counts for absolutely nothing.
Looks like Cavs Gone on 12:26 - May 7 with 6553 viewslurker

Looks like Cavs Gone on 12:23 - May 7 by fitzochris

But he was fantastic in the dressing room don't you know? #mightyscouse
Looks like Cavs Gone on 12:27 - May 7 with 6522 views442Dale

The amount of games he played could be a factor if he's been released.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Looks like Cavs Gone on 12:29 - May 7 with 6484 viewsfitzochris

Looks like Cavs Gone on 12:26 - May 7 by lurker

But he was fantastic in the dressing room don't you know? #mightyscouse

So's a clothes peg.

Looks like Cavs Gone on 12:46 - May 7 with 6307 viewsmacro

I mentioned in a previous thread that I though cav would be released. I'm not surprised. He'll end up at tranmere with Coleman if he gets the job
Looks like Cavs Gone on 12:47 - May 7 with 6296 viewsMoonyDale

We were debating this on the trip to Newport and we came to the sad conclusion that Cav would be let go. There's little room for sentiment in football and I for one am gutted he's gone. I hope he get's sorted very very soon and he leaves with all best wishes for the future. One of my faves from this squad.....Good luck Cav and thanks for a cracking season......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Looks like Cavs Gone (n/t) on 12:49 - May 7 with 6254 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

[Post edited 7 May 2014 12:53]
Looks like Cavs Gone on 13:00 - May 7 with 6146 viewslurker

Has to be added that Cav recently had a new addition to his family so I hope to goodness he gets a decent contract somewhere soon.

It shows that Hill has the balls to be a very good football manager and he should never get any stick for having favourites or being too sentimental. Hill does what's best for the football club that employs him and that's the damn truth!
Looks like Cavs Gone on 13:06 - May 7 with 6077 viewsfitzochris

Looks like Cavs Gone on 13:00 - May 7 by lurker

Has to be added that Cav recently had a new addition to his family so I hope to goodness he gets a decent contract somewhere soon.

It shows that Hill has the balls to be a very good football manager and he should never get any stick for having favourites or being too sentimental. Hill does what's best for the football club that employs him and that's the damn truth!

Yep, 'duty has no sweethearts' etc etc.

Cav was sensational this season (and there are posters on here who have seen him play more than I did).

Standout game for me was against Leeds. Cruyff turns in midfield against Championship opposition? Never thought I would see such stuff from the man.

But, if Hilly has a plan for League One and Cav isn't in it, I respect it.

He'll have no trouble getting another club.

Looks like Cavs Gone on 13:10 - May 7 with 6037 viewspaulscho

Massive respect ,was a big part in this seasons promotion .Will be remembered by me with fond memories ,certainly one of the best things to come out of the Coleman trauma !!!
Good luck Captain Cav you deserve a good summer holiday ,all the best a name that will sit in promotion history......OH Ha Cavanah !!!

livinginadalewonderland

Looks like Cavs Gone on 13:15 - May 7 with 5993 viewsolympicdale

It was always going to be sad to see any integral part of this team leave, the Cavanagh I saw this season varied from frustrating, to a vital cog in the team, A true professional, showed he wasnt just a Coleman bruiser, very adaptable player.

Oooh and as for crainey, what a dik

Life is a game of fate.

Looks like Cavs Gone on 13:23 - May 7 with 5925 viewsScunnydale

Comparing Cav and Crainey's tweets, it's clear to see why we took to Cav and not the other one.

Good player, calm, experience head. He's earned the respect of the fans through sheer hard work (and, of course, ability). Sad to see him go. But, of course, I trust the decision.

I know Leeds fans wanted him to go there after we played them, so he shouldn't be out of work long.

Good luck Cap'n Cav man.
Looks like Cavs Gone on 13:59 - May 7 with 5727 viewsolympicdale

Lancashire to take over club captaincy i would assume now?

Life is a game of fate.

Looks like Cavs Gone on 14:21 - May 7 with 5623 viewsD_Dale

Looks like Cavs Gone on 13:59 - May 7 by olympicdale

Lancashire to take over club captaincy i would assume now?

Michael Rose would be my guess.

As for Cavanagh, last season he made only 17 league starts (plus three as sub) and had one cup appearance. You can see why KH saw releasing him as freeing up a (presumably) larger wage going to a player of 33 who wasn't a consistent first-teamer. Even so, I thought he'd be offered another season - keeping a winning squad together etc. - but on balance it looks like KH has made the right call.
Looks like Cavs Gone on 14:40 - May 7 with 5517 viewsnordenblue

Looks like Cavs Gone on 12:23 - May 7 by fitzochris

Craneys next career path should be linked to Hollands,Cav has been class this season and a proper old school pro just got on with it whenever required,good luck with a new club
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024