Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gary jones 15:08 - May 9 with 5560 viewsrochdale1

Sky news..... He's not been offered new contract at Bradford
Gary jones on 15:09 - May 9 with 5542 viewsolympicdale

wouldn't be at all surprised to see him end up at Tranmere.

Life is a game of fate.

Gary jones on 15:10 - May 9 with 5533 viewsrochdale1

Gary jones on 15:09 - May 9 by olympicdale

Or Bury?
Gary jones on 15:12 - May 9 with 5516 viewsolympicdale

Gary jones on 15:10 - May 9 by rochdale1

Or Bury?

waits for the inevitable would he fit in here posts...

Life is a game of fate.

Gary jones on 15:16 - May 9 with 5478 viewsSwissdale

I wish him all the best in his search for a new club. Being brutally honest, I hope that club isn't Rochdale.
Gary jones on 16:14 - May 9 with 5275 viewssweetcorn

Would be happy to see him take up a similar role to that which BBM has done this season if there is room in hillys backroom staff

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Gary jones on 16:16 - May 9 with 5262 viewsaleanddale

Gary jones on 15:10 - May 9 by rochdale1

Or Bury?

Please god no!!

My all time favourite Dale Player..

He will get another contract should he want one. probably in league 2 or the conference. His age must be catching up with him by now.

#Legend
Gary jones on 16:32 - May 9 with 5174 viewsD_Alien

Gary jones on 16:16 - May 9 by aleanddale

Please god no!!

My all time favourite Dale Player..

He will get another contract should he want one. probably in league 2 or the conference. His age must be catching up with him by now.

#Legend

tbf his age won't have to try hard to catch up with him if he's still running sideways!

(Only joking)

A player/manager role at somewhere like Southport might suit him (dunno if they're appointed following Coleman leaving), or maybe a division below the Conference. Then, when he's gained experience as a manager, he can be Hilly's successor at Dale.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Gary jones on 16:45 - May 9 with 5106 viewsSuddenLad

Gary jones on 16:32 - May 9 by D_Alien

tbf his age won't have to try hard to catch up with him if he's still running sideways!

(Only joking)

A player/manager role at somewhere like Southport might suit him (dunno if they're appointed following Coleman leaving), or maybe a division below the Conference. Then, when he's gained experience as a manager, he can be Hilly's successor at Dale.

Martin Foyle was appointed Southport manager at the beginning of this week.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

Gary jones on 17:02 - May 9 with 5035 viewsnordenblue

Waiting for the usual god like replies through rose tints from some on here,its a big fat no from me though.He wouldn't get near the current choice at centre mid
Gary jones on 17:54 - May 9 with 4886 viewsToffeemanc

Gary jones on 15:09 - May 9 by olympicdale

Not a chance if soft lad gets the managers job.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Gary jones on 18:36 - May 9 with 4778 viewsDaleFan7

Hope he gets football somewhere if he still wants it. I just hope it's not at Spotland.
Gary jones on 19:39 - May 9 with 4640 viewsBrighouseDale

Gary jones on 17:02 - May 9 by nordenblue

Waiting for the usual god like replies through rose tints from some on here,its a big fat no from me though.He wouldn't get near the current choice at centre mid

Jonah has to be my all time favourite player here, I was gutted when he went to Bradford. I don't think anyone would suggest he could be part of our squad again though.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Gary jones on 19:41 - May 9 with 4633 viewspnc4eva1

Hope he gets somewhere to play or be player manager. If he hangs on a bit he could be up for a job at Barnsley with three games into the new season.

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Gary jones on 17:48 - May 10 with 4080 viewsD_Dale

Puts Cavanagh not getting a contract at Dale into a different perspective.

From the Bradford OS:

Bradford City can today (Friday 9 May 2014) confirm that Gary Jones will be leaving the football club once his current contract expires in the summer.

Jones, who turns 37 at the beginning of next month, will leave the Coral Windows Stadium after Bantams boss Phil Parkinson elected not to offer the City skipper a new deal with the club.

The Birkenhead-born midfielder will depart the Bantams having made exactly 100 appearances for City over the past two seasons, 93 of which came from the start.

In his 93 starts for the club, Jones was captain on each occasion.

Having signed for City from Rochdale in June 2012, Jones memorably captained Parkinson's men all the way through to the Capital One Cup Final and promotion into League 1 in his first season at the Coral Windows Stadium.

The all-action performer was also named as the club's Player of the Year for that season.

Jones finishes his career with the Bantams having led them to an eleventh placed finish in their first season back in League 1, scoring six goals in the process.

Speaking about Jones and his successful time at City, Parkinson was quick to heap praise on his departing skipper.

He said: "I had a meeting with Gaz (Gary Jones) today (Friday) and I told him that he wasn't going to be offered a new contract.

"I would like to take this opportunity to thank Gaz for his enormous contribution to the club over the last two seasons.

"Two years ago, we went out in search for players who had the right mentality and character to get the club going again. Gary Jones typified absolutely everything we were looking for.

"He has been a superb role model for our younger players and he has put his heart and soul into the club every single day for the last two years. I cannot speak highly enough of him both as a person and as a football player.

"I wish him all the very best for the future, and I am sure the fans will be quick to do likewise.

"I am confident that there are still many more games left in Gary before he finally decides to hang up his boots."
Gary jones on 18:54 - May 10 with 3984 viewsdogboy

Northampton or Halifax! would be great at the Shay
Gary jones on 22:36 - May 10 with 3797 viewswroughtironron

Would probably fit in for a season at Accy
Gary jones on 00:25 - May 11 with 3697 viewsKenBoon

Gaz?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024