Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
George new deal? 18:50 - May 21 with 5564 viewsColDale

Has extended his contract with the club acc to the Colin Garlick interview unless I've misinterpreted it. Anyone else heard it and thought the same?
George new deal? on 06:16 - May 22 with 1827 viewsChaffRAFC

Not listened to the interview but I really hope Col has interpreted it wrong because as much as he might work hard, he's not good enough in the slightest. He can't finish, his movement is poor and he has no footballing brain at all. If pace and running around like a dog chasing his tail brought you footballing success then fine, keep him, but it doesn't.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

George new deal? on 08:05 - May 22 with 1719 viewsdownunder

George new deal? on 00:27 - May 22 by RotherhamDale

He'll get all my support but he's poo.

I hope he trains through the summer, practices non stop on his first touch, comes on as sub in the first game, scores twice, gets a hat trick in the next game, and scores 30 plus through the season.
Mind you, who am I to comment? I only watch the highlight videos, and he has rare appearances there.
But you never know! In Hill we trust.
George new deal? on 08:12 - May 22 with 1704 viewsalwaysrafc

I am with the majority of people on George, he really isn't good enough for league 2 let alone league 1. The only comparison I can make ( hope) is that Cav invoked a similar clause in his contract last year. and oh how we groaned, but didn't he end up being a major part of our promotion campaign?
George new deal? on 08:46 - May 22 with 1660 viewsScunnydale

I'll be supporting him because George may be "poo", but he's our poo.

If that's not a compliment, I don't know what is.
George new deal? on 09:21 - May 22 with 1615 viewsoddjob007

Poor governance from those above to allow Coleman to sign an unproven striker on a 2 year deal with an option for a third (player's option, not the club's)

Not often the board get it wrong, but they did that time.
George new deal? on 09:37 - May 22 with 1587 viewsMass_Debater

George new deal? on 08:05 - May 22 by downunder

I hope he trains through the summer, practices non stop on his first touch, comes on as sub in the first game, scores twice, gets a hat trick in the next game, and scores 30 plus through the season.
Mind you, who am I to comment? I only watch the highlight videos, and he has rare appearances there.
But you never know! In Hill we trust.

I bet he does none of the above.
George new deal? on 10:07 - May 22 with 1539 viewsNafelad

One thought on the season just gone: in many games, as my interest was beginning to dwindle midway through second half, George would come on and my interest was rekindled. The final result wasn't always affected but it gave us something to talk about!!

Topcat

George new deal? on 10:09 - May 22 with 1532 viewsParkinsGimp

Sorry think this is an awful bit of business, he was clearly not good enough for league two, he will be a waste of space in League one. Running around like a headless chicken unable to trap a bag of cement , he really isnt good enough.
I cant understand the "love affair " the fans have with this guy. Yes he tries hard , but so would I ....I could run around and make a nuisance of myself...well for about 5 mins till got knackered LOl , but seriously we need better quality than George, we should of said thank you , good bye and all the best.
I stand to be corrected though , so if he proves me wrong I am man enough to admit it..sadly I think I may be proved right.
Login to get fewer ads

George new deal? on 10:31 - May 22 with 1489 viewsColDale

George new deal? on 09:21 - May 22 by oddjob007

Poor governance from those above to allow Coleman to sign an unproven striker on a 2 year deal with an option for a third (player's option, not the club's)

Not often the board get it wrong, but they did that time.

They allowed the same thing to happen last summer with a fella from Hyde
George new deal? on 10:39 - May 22 with 1465 viewsoddjob007

If the gamble pays off, great, as Hogan has proved. But I don't believe we are in a position to be taking gambles like that when we end up 'carrying' a player who I imagine is on a fairly decent wage.
George new deal? on 10:44 - May 22 with 1448 viewsBrierls

George new deal? on 10:31 - May 22 by ColDale

They allowed the same thing to happen last summer with a fella from Hyde

Isn't the option of a third year in the club's favour, Col? A la Rhys Bennett, Bastien Hery and Joe Rafferty.

Not that I expect it to get that far. He'll either go this summer or sign an improved deal with different clauses.
George new deal? on 11:18 - May 22 with 1367 viewsRoChDaLe

George new deal? on 10:39 - May 22 by oddjob007

If the gamble pays off, great, as Hogan has proved. But I don't believe we are in a position to be taking gambles like that when we end up 'carrying' a player who I imagine is on a fairly decent wage.

what makes you think he's on a good wage, didn't we sign him from Macclesfield?

how is anthony elding still in league one?

George new deal? on 11:27 - May 22 with 1356 viewsisitme

George new deal? on 10:44 - May 22 by Brierls

Isn't the option of a third year in the club's favour, Col? A la Rhys Bennett, Bastien Hery and Joe Rafferty.

Not that I expect it to get that far. He'll either go this summer or sign an improved deal with different clauses.

That isn't always the case in the magical mystery world of contract. Often fringe players or those who are injury prone are offered incentive laden deals so that they have to 'earn' their new deal.

I don't know how true this is but supposedly Sam Russell was one appearance away from triggering a clause in his contract that would have given him a two year extension and doubled his weekly wage. Although a decent keeper he never did play that extra game.
George new deal? on 11:56 - May 22 with 1320 viewsChaffRAFC

George new deal? on 11:18 - May 22 by RoChDaLe

what makes you think he's on a good wage, didn't we sign him from Macclesfield?

Because he was a Coleman signing. The same Coleman who brought in Dele Adebola on £1,400 a week.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

George new deal? on 11:57 - May 22 with 1310 viewsoddjob007

Spot on!
George new deal? on 12:27 - May 22 with 1209 viewsColDale

George new deal? on 11:27 - May 22 by isitme

That isn't always the case in the magical mystery world of contract. Often fringe players or those who are injury prone are offered incentive laden deals so that they have to 'earn' their new deal.

I don't know how true this is but supposedly Sam Russell was one appearance away from triggering a clause in his contract that would have given him a two year extension and doubled his weekly wage. Although a decent keeper he never did play that extra game.

and he's never played league football since
George new deal? on 13:02 - May 22 with 1131 viewsfitzochris

George new deal? on 11:56 - May 22 by ChaffRAFC

Because he was a Coleman signing. The same Coleman who brought in Dele Adebola on £1,400 a week.

Offft!

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

George new deal? on 09:28 - May 23 with 980 viewsMuggers

George new deal? on 20:24 - May 21 by dingdangblue

I'm sure Hogan will be one of the ones in negotiations. Signing from Hyde he can't be one of the top earners at the club so needs to be rewarded with a better deal. Will also be in our favour when clubs come to buy him.

£400/wk
George new deal? on 09:43 - May 23 with 955 viewsdingdangblue

George new deal? on 11:56 - May 22 by ChaffRAFC

I would imagine Adebola having come to us from Championship Hull and Donnelly coming to us from Non League Macclesfield would have a bearing on wage demands.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024