Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Planet Swans 15:18 - Jun 1 with 60542 viewsAlbRanger

Nice to see it's joined the Fans Network group. Only decent Swansea site and they really don't like us!

Hopefully a chance for some banter a la Rivals
Planet Swans on 13:16 - Jun 3 with 2491 viewsJackoBoostardo

Planet Swans on 13:02 - Jun 3 by Rangersw12

I will take that as no you didn't support Swansea then nor had probably even heard of them

For the record was at all 3 games and the Fa Cup game was by far the worst

Woohoo.... check you out billy big bollocks!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:18 - Jun 3 with 2488 viewsQuakerJack

Planet Swans on 12:28 - Jun 3 by Highjack

Nah it's all been revealed that the BBC headquarters is the epicentre for all crime that occurred in this country since 1958, and that every individual who set foot in there had to live with the memory of Jimmy Savile's heavily jewelled finger up their bum for the rest of their lives.

[Post edited 3 Jun 2014 13:19]

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Planet Swans on 13:24 - Jun 3 with 2469 viewsRangersw12

Planet Swans on 13:16 - Jun 3 by JackoBoostardo

Woohoo.... check you out billy big bollocks!

Here it is for you fella

By the way it was played at a ground called the Vetch Field here is some history for you http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vetch_Field

By the way don't be alarmed by the empty spaces and people standing it was quite the norm in Swansea in those days

Enjoy x
Planet Swans on 13:28 - Jun 3 with 2458 viewsQuakerJack

Planet Swans on 13:24 - Jun 3 by Rangersw12

Here it is for you fella

By the way it was played at a ground called the Vetch Field here is some history for you http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vetch_Field

By the way don't be alarmed by the empty spaces and people standing it was quite the norm in Swansea in those days

Enjoy x

Hey, you know Stan Bowles has retired don't you. The past is just that, the past, move on.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Planet Swans on 13:29 - Jun 3 with 2458 viewsTheBlob

Lloyd George was Jimmy Savile's hero.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Planet Swans on 13:32 - Jun 3 with 2447 viewsJackoBoostardo

Planet Swans on 13:28 - Jun 3 by QuakerJack

Hey, you know Stan Bowles has retired don't you. The past is just that, the past, move on.

Yeah - just let him have his 2 minutes of self gratification....

We're talking about our more recent teams in the Premier League and Billy Big Bollocks goes of for a trip down memory lane.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Planet Swans on 13:40 - Jun 3 with 2406 viewsRangersw12

Planet Swans on 13:32 - Jun 3 by JackoBoostardo

We're talking about our more recent teams in the Premier League and Billy Big Bollocks goes of for a trip down memory lane.

Ah bless , touched a nerve eh fella

Quick question before you scurry off with your tail between your legs who will you be supporting when Swansea get relegated ?
Planet Swans on 13:44 - Jun 3 with 2381 viewsJackoBoostardo

Planet Swans on 13:40 - Jun 3 by Rangersw12

Quick question before you scurry off with your tail between your legs who will you be supporting when Swansea get relegated ?

Why would you possibly have touched a nerve? You high?

Login to get fewer ads

Planet Swans on 13:47 - Jun 3 with 2363 viewsTheBlob

Planet Swans on 13:44 - Jun 3 by JackoBoostardo

That's a bit cruel.Clive is entitled to some "relaxation"

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Planet Swans on 13:56 - Jun 3 with 2342 viewsRangersw12

Planet Swans on 13:44 - Jun 3 by JackoBoostardo

Nice swerve

It was a genuine question as well

Oh well enjoy your trip to W12 fella remember to bring your pocket money to spend in Westfield....
Planet Swans on 14:03 - Jun 3 with 2305 viewsQuakerJack

Planet Swans on 13:32 - Jun 3 by JackoBoostardo

I know, I'm waiting for 1967 and "we won the league cup before you".

Planet Swans on 14:05 - Jun 3 with 2294 viewsQuakerJack

Planet Swans on 13:40 - Jun 3 by Rangersw12

When? When's that then?

Will you be supporting QPR when you reform in the ryman league?

Planet Swans on 14:09 - Jun 3 with 2285 viewsHighjack

Planet Swans on 13:24 - Jun 3 by Rangersw12

Here it is for you fella

Enjoy x

I was there that night and I remember speaking to over 17000 swans fans who decided to watch us on sky Instead.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Planet Swans. on 14:23 - Jun 3 with 2256 viewsBorojack

I will take that as no you didn't support Swansea then nor had probably even heard of them

I was there Sidebe was on fire that day got sold straight t after the game though

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Planet Swans on 14:25 - Jun 3 with 2249 viewsBorojack

I was there Sidebe was on fire that day.
Its great Swansea being in the Premier League but will never compare with the Vetch

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Planet Swans on 14:29 - Jun 3 with 2837 viewsrrrspricey

Planet Swans on 13:03 - Jun 3 by R_from_afar

This thread has all gone Pete Tong. Look at us, squabbling, bickering, like children. Come on people, ditch the political and historical stuff, and the insults, Swansea are not Chelsea (thankfully) and QPR are not Bardiff (perish the thought). Lighten up and talk about football.

Swans fans, where do you think you'll finish this season? If you keep Bony and Michu comes good again, top half must be achievable. Will Monk keep his job? I hope so, it would be tremendous to see a Prem club stick with an "insider" rather than bringing in Johnny Rent a Manager, only for him to spend £100m on dross.

Also, what do you think will happen to Sjoke? As you can imagine, we Rs fans are fascinated to see what Meticulous Mark achieves up in the potteries, after all the damage he did to Rangers.

Thoughts?

R from Afar

Couldn’t agree more RFA, like a bunch of squabbling schoolboy being all brave with each other from opposite sides of the fence. Never thought I’d see a group of adults with the whole my dad’s bigger than your dad mentality.

No wonder some people think we’re arrogant with the attitude on here that we’re superior in some way just because we’re a London club or we’re English. Do me a favour....which R on here hasn’t been envious of Swansea’s success over the past few seasons and, at times, their style of play.

As for the Swansea fans on this thread, you come onto our forum slagging us of for being arrogant which, other than the provoked comments on this thread, I can see little evidence of.

As a Rangers fan of 45 years I have not experienced anything I can think of to be arrogant about, unless you count going into administration several times, nearly merging with the Fools up the road, relying on some of our more wealthy fans to purchase and pay the wages of a player, bucket collections to keep the club afloat…I could go on.

Yes we have a few knobs supporting us, judging by some of the posts on here, so do you but I’ve been using this forum and previous incarnations of it for many years now and not once can I recall anyone being arrogant about our club or it’s right to be in any particular league, buy any standard of player etc.

I couldn’t agree more that money is the root of all evil when it comes to the game we all love but don’t tell me you lot wouldn’t be jumping for joy if a sugar daddy bought you and started splashing the cash (even more than the 20 odd million on Bony and Shelvey)

Edit:
If anyone of you can get me Tickets for any 6 nations game at the Millenium next year i'd be most grateful as when it comes to Rugby it is most definitely cymru am byth
Planet Swans on 15:22 - Jun 3 with 2758 viewsW7Ranger

Planet Swans on 20:08 - Jun 2 by Aunt_Nelly

Oi Cankles,

Are you Dwight's bitch?

Or do you need a bloke born in West London to speak for you?

If so you've come to the right place. We're here all week regardless of the division we play in so if any of the long words are troubling you just give us a shout.

Cankles!!!
Planet Swans on 15:46 - Jun 3 with 2722 viewsW7Ranger

Planet Swans on 09:52 - Jun 3 by danehoop

Generally Welsh industries, assuming you mean large scale heavy industry, generally failed because there ceased to be a demdn for th eproduct being produced at the price available.

Anyway, what is the difference between Cardiff and Swansea, just cant quite get my head around it. Wouldnt it just be better to join together and become Welsh FC? You can all wear red and blue and call your self Blue Jacks or something similarly amusing whilst playing from your free stadia.

CarSea???

Has a certain ring to it!!
Planet Swans on 16:01 - Jun 3 with 2673 viewslondonscottish

Planet Swans on 15:46 - Jun 3 by W7Ranger

CarSea???

Has a certain ring to it!!

Swancar?

(rhymes with "banker")

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Planet Swans on 16:25 - Jun 3 with 2619 viewsQuakerJack

Planet Swans on 11:59 - Jun 3 by londonscottish

That's not a bad analysis. And I didn't say I resented that fact that London and the SE subsidise the rest of the country. I just said it was a fact. I grew up in a mining area and saw the entire industry shut down all around me. I saw the linen trade die. I saw the dockyards close down. There's a reason you find Scots all over the world.I haven't forgotten it and never will. The clue is in my forum name.

But the reason I raised the whole economic thing was in response to previous posts from Swansea fans who were questioning it.

Anyway this is a football site where we (mainly) talk football. Swansea have done well in recent years and have played some good football. Rangers have just been promoted. Can we get back to that as that was the original point of the OP.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2014 12:01]

Fair enough, good post. How do you honestly see both of us doing next season?

Planet Swans on 16:47 - Jun 3 with 2551 viewslondonscottish

Planet Swans on 16:25 - Jun 3 by QuakerJack

Fair enough, good post. How do you honestly see both of us doing next season?

Ah good - footie!

I'm assuming that Swansea have a good thing going and will have another solid season.

As far as Rangers go I really don't know. There seems to be a little more stability than there has been in recent seasons and that the dressing room is a happier place. But there's going to be yet another squad overhaul...same old story every six months since the promotion season last time round.

I think what's key is a few decent signings to add some youth and pace. A decent young-ish CB, a little more pace in midfield and a young-ish striker or two are what's needed.

This to add to the core of Green/Onouha/Simpson/Yun/Traore/Barton/Hoilett/Austin etc. (and hoping that Faurlin and Phillips come back as they were pre-injury) Plus maybe Granero.

If we get the holes filled and get off to decent start it could be a decent season.

Your thoughts?
[Post edited 3 Jun 2014 16:52]

Planet Swans on 16:48 - Jun 3 with 2547 viewsQuakerJack

Planet Swans on 15:22 - Jun 3 by W7Ranger

Cankles!!!

Heeeyyy, only just realised this was aimed at me.

Very good, who taught you that? I was gonna leave it but do you wanna be mates?

Planet Swans on 16:56 - Jun 3 with 2527 viewsQuakerJack

Planet Swans on 16:47 - Jun 3 by londonscottish

Ah good - footie!

I'm assuming that Swansea have a good thing going and will have another solid season.

As far as Rangers go I really don't know. There seems to be a little more stability than there has been in recent seasons and that the dressing room is a happier place. But there's going to be yet another squad overhaul...same old story every six months since the promotion season last time round.

I think what's key is a few decent signings to add some youth and pace. A decent young-ish CB, a little more pace in midfield and a young-ish striker or two are what's needed.

This to add to the core of Green/Onouha/Simpson/Yun/Traore/Barton/Hoilett/Austin etc. (and hoping that Faurlin and Phillips come back as they were pre-injury) Plus maybe Granero.

If we get the holes filled and get off to decent start it could be a decent season.

Your thoughts?
[Post edited 3 Jun 2014 16:52]

I think stability for us. The Europa league took us far too close to the drop than we should have been. So without that I expect us to be a bit more comfortable. Holding onto Bony is job 1. We desperately could do with some luck with Michu's injury to provide back up. I think the last two years have proved that if you can find a striker that can get 15 to 20 then you'll be ok. So either keeping Bony or astutely replacing him is key.

As for yourselves, I don't see you going down. I think if you look at the other two coming up, one will go at least, you've got Hull playing Europa league in only their second season up, and sides like Villa, West brom.

I know you'll be spending some money but even then, survival in that first season has to be the main goal, I don't think Fernández will make the same mistakes again.

Planet Swans on 17:02 - Jun 3 with 2505 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Stopped reading after Page 2 - did it get any better?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Planet Swans on 17:05 - Jun 3 with 2494 viewslondonscottish

Planet Swans on 16:56 - Jun 3 by QuakerJack

I think stability for us. The Europa league took us far too close to the drop than we should have been. So without that I expect us to be a bit more comfortable. Holding onto Bony is job 1. We desperately could do with some luck with Michu's injury to provide back up. I think the last two years have proved that if you can find a striker that can get 15 to 20 then you'll be ok. So either keeping Bony or astutely replacing him is key.

As for yourselves, I don't see you going down. I think if you look at the other two coming up, one will go at least, you've got Hull playing Europa league in only their second season up, and sides like Villa, West brom.

I know you'll be spending some money but even then, survival in that first season has to be the main goal, I don't think Fernández will make the same mistakes again.

Well Burnley have 2 x 20 goals a season guys in the Champ in Ings and Vokes and they'll have goals in them in the prem BUT a tiny squad. Until the last few games they were VERY lucky with injuries. So a big question mark on them if they don't strengthen enough.

Don't know so much about Leicester's squad and how it will stack up but at least they have a bit more depth as it stands.

Good point about Europa and Hull.

And the Baggies had a few wobbles last season. Villa could go either way but change looms for them.

Rangers have a better squad that that with which we went up last time so hopefully that will translate into something better than surviving on the last day.....
[Post edited 3 Jun 2014 17:08]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024