Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Caesar leaving Toronto 06:49 - Jun 7 with 5030 viewstimcocking

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/julio-cesar-says-a-tearful-goo

Caesar leaving Toronto on 09:31 - Jun 7 with 3347 viewsNortholt_Rs

WTF is that all about? You'd think he'd been there for 10 years....not 7 games. Ridiculous.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Caesar leaving Toronto on 09:43 - Jun 7 with 3318 views08olesen

Caesar leaving Toronto on 09:31 - Jun 7 by Northolt_Rs

WTF is that all about? You'd think he'd been there for 10 years....not 7 games. Ridiculous.

Would rather see that then Boswanka laughing once we have been relegated. Bring the bloke back!....only joking..vote Rob Green for the GK job!

Poll: Who will the other play off

Caesar leaving Toronto on 09:43 - Jun 7 with 3318 viewsActonOccident

Wasn't one of the knocks against him his lack of English? Doesn't seem to be too bad here.
Caesar leaving Toronto on 09:57 - Jun 7 with 3297 viewsingeminate

Jesus yanks like that wind me up, love to throw a custard pie in his face. Old Julio must have really struggled picking up his 100k a week hopefully he'll cope back in w12. Look beyond the vomit inducing music, instant sentimentality and general,bullshit and you're left with a greedy man who refused to take a pay cut and happily didn't play until its just before the World Cup.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2014 10:01]

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Caesar leaving Toronto on 10:12 - Jun 7 with 3258 viewsDWQPR

I hope the f**ker drops the ball over the line in the last minute of the final to send Brazil to defeat.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Caesar leaving Toronto on 11:01 - Jun 7 with 3181 viewsBlue_Castello

Caesar leaving Toronto on 10:12 - Jun 7 by DWQPR

I hope the f**ker drops the ball over the line in the last minute of the final to send Brazil to defeat.

We are all thinking along the same lines but I'm not sure that's the best course of action for the Rs

We all want rid of the leech and to that end I hope he has a good World Cup, puts himself in the shop window and somebody just MAY think he's worth taking him off our hands. All he has to do is reduce his wage expectations and he will get another club, nothing like being a millionaire to make you even more greedy.
Caesar leaving Toronto on 11:07 - Jun 7 with 3163 viewsAntti_Heinola

Think all this anti-Julio stuff is a bit much. We decided to pay him that money, no one to blame but ourselves. He did a decent job for us in goal, with a few outstanding performances. Always looked like he cared to me - why should he take a pay cut to go somewhere else? Would you? Noticeably, neither Harry or the club have ever had a bad word to say about him, you couldn't say the same for certain others.

Bare bones.

Caesar leaving Toronto on 11:19 - Jun 7 with 3137 viewsJamie

Caesar leaving Toronto on 11:07 - Jun 7 by Antti_Heinola

Think all this anti-Julio stuff is a bit much. We decided to pay him that money, no one to blame but ourselves. He did a decent job for us in goal, with a few outstanding performances. Always looked like he cared to me - why should he take a pay cut to go somewhere else? Would you? Noticeably, neither Harry or the club have ever had a bad word to say about him, you couldn't say the same for certain others.

Don't be daft. It's Cesar's fault that QPR offered him a huge contract. It's Cesar's fault that the club then decided after 1 year they didn't want him anymore. It's Cesar's fault that nobody attempted to sign him last summer. It's Cesar's fault the club dropped him to train with the kids and it's Cesar's fault that QPR have now recalled him from a loan spell he was happy to continue.
Login to get fewer ads

Caesar leaving Toronto on 11:22 - Jun 7 with 3129 viewsN12Hoop

On the plus side QPR could have their (presumably) first world cup winner.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Caesar leaving Toronto on 11:30 - Jun 7 with 3116 viewsJamie

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

Which good clubs are these?

Nobody made an offer for him last summer. Not one club.

When an offer came in from Toronto, he took it.
Caesar leaving Toronto on 11:36 - Jun 7 with 3092 viewsGloucs_R

I don't get the hatred directed at Cesar. How many if you would walk away from 2m? I wouldn't. Its not like he isn't willing to play for us either. Most likely be number 1 next season if we can't shift him, but the wages aren't his fault.

Welcome back Cesar.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Caesar leaving Toronto on 11:36 - Jun 7 with 3091 viewsLblock

I reckon he'd be a very good fit for Sjoke

Do your stuff Kia Jawbigchin

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Caesar leaving Toronto on 11:39 - Jun 7 with 3085 viewsGloucs_R

Meaning we would try and pay him off, he wouldn't be offered the full amount to go now. He's ours. Let's get behind him.

Caesar leaving Toronto on 11:44 - Jun 7 with 3065 viewsGloucs_R

Correct. We would have to pay him 4m and ask him not to take 2m, anyway all hypothetical.

Good keeper and we don't have one of those at the moment in contract.

Caesar leaving Toronto on 11:55 - Jun 7 with 3052 viewsHayesender

Caesar leaving Toronto on 11:22 - Jun 7 by N12Hoop

On the plus side QPR could have their (presumably) first world cup winner.

Ossie Ardiles

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Caesar leaving Toronto on 12:10 - Jun 7 with 3016 viewsTacticalR

Caesar leaving Toronto on 10:12 - Jun 7 by DWQPR

That's sort of already happened...in the quarter-final against Holland in 2010 César rushed off his line to punch the ball away, banged into a defender, and the ball went in off the head of the defender.

Air hostess clique

Caesar leaving Toronto on 12:18 - Jun 7 with 3002 viewsDejR_vu

I don't see how anyone has the right to tell someone else that they should take a pay cut. He earns what he earns because the club offered it to him. It's an obscene amount of money but that's not down to him. Who in their right mind would walk away from a big salary? Easy to be judgemental when you're never likely to be in the same position.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Caesar leaving Toronto on 12:22 - Jun 7 with 2985 viewsTheBlob

Caesar leaving Toronto on 12:10 - Jun 7 by TacticalR

That's sort of already happened...in the quarter-final against Holland in 2010 César rushed off his line to punch the ball away, banged into a defender, and the ball went in off the head of the defender.

Yeah,dodgy at crosses like the Brazil back four and the reason why they might not win the damn thing.I like Cesar as a shot stopper but he was very much a fish out of water here,likes to have a back four who are comfortable on the ball and he doesn't have to hoof the ball out constantly.Our lot didn't quite fit the bill.
Glass half full about a return.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Caesar leaving Toronto on 12:24 - Jun 7 with 2973 viewsGloucs_R

Good for you and if I was in his position I would be a greedy c@n t too.

Caesar leaving Toronto on 12:27 - Jun 7 with 1575 viewsDejR_vu

Very noble, but it doesn't mean anyone has the right to tell you, or anyone else, that's what they should do. It's down to the individual, and you can't blame him if he doesn't want to walk away.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Caesar leaving Toronto on 12:52 - Jun 7 with 1549 views08olesen

While he is ours, he should get our backing. Lets not pretend we know what is going on with his contract because none of us have a farkin clue. He has always given his all when he plays.

I would still like Green to be our keeper, but Cesar is still an awesome keeper and so i dont really mind. Its also worth considering that some of these players had nothing before the they became a professional footballer and so to turn down 2 million quid would be hard if it could help generations of their family financially. There was a quote from Eto saying that exact thing, when he went to Anzhi. Not saying its right though.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Caesar leaving Toronto on 13:01 - Jun 7 with 1534 viewsAntti_Heinola

here's our position:

'ah, we're in a right old mess here! we gave you a stupid contract, promised you the earth, and now we're relegated (not your fault, we know, you did fine, actually). Now, would you mind leaving so we can save some money?'

Here's Cesar's:

'Sure, if I can. Obviously would prefer to get what I'm owed roughly, though.'

Other clubs:

'QPR are desperate to sell, the stupid idiots over-stretched themselves. He's a good keeper. If we offer him much less than he's earning, QPR might pick up the difference, just to get him off the books. The idiots have the Brazil captain and they're in a position where they effectively can't even demand a fee for him! Ha ha! Over a barrel!'

QPR:

'We're fked.'

QPR fans:

'It's all your fault, greedy Brazilian.'

Sorry Clive, I'm all for following and supporting your team, but the club takes 100% of the blame for this mess.

Bare bones.

Caesar leaving Toronto on 14:30 - Jun 7 with 1498 viewsqpr1976

Clive, we're talking QPR here.
We don't do Medicals, Agent Negotiations, Sensible Wages, Realistic Contract Durations or Relegation Clauses......Why would we take out Insurance ?
Caesar leaving Toronto on 14:52 - Jun 7 with 1485 viewsBilly_Kershaw

I do find it strange that Julio accepted sitting out so much of last season. I can't understand why he would settle for not playing over taking a pay cut to play regularly at another club. Maybe he loves QPR that much?

I wasn't bowled over by his performances in the Premiership and I would pick Green over him.

However, if Green leaves and Julio plays this season, I hope he earns his salary!!

Never use one or two words when a couple of thousand will easily do
Poll: REVISED EXPECTATIONS - Where will QPR finish this season?

Caesar leaving Toronto on 16:57 - Jun 7 with 1451 viewsVancouverHoop

I'm guessing he's been hanging fire until the World Cup. That's probably why he went to TO, Scolari needed to know he was match fit and up for it. If he plays well someone may come in with a decent offer and he'll go. Or not. In which case he'll either play for us, or sit out his contract with the knowledge that this is his last big payday and, effectively, the end of his career as a top class player
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024