Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot 14:44 - Jun 24 with 26962 viewsandrew

Done deal?

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:42 - Jun 25 with 2531 viewsJackoBoostardo

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:13 - Jun 25 by londonlisa2001

I was referring to Dwight!

We will soon find out whether this is true if they announce a 3 years contract tomorrow won't we.

That was sarcasm by the way. Reputable and The Mirror in the same sentence, that if muttered again may cause the planet to implode.

Needless to say, take it with a pinch of salt.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:45 - Jun 25 with 2518 viewsscottishjack

So, we are on the brink of a major signing, people who clearly have a better idea than I do on how these things work (money wise) seem to have a grasp on what the club are doing, and yet some other folks on here have complaints that the board must be mad?

Wasn't it a lack of ambition that the board were being accused of last Summer when we didn't pay a large transfer fee for the same guy?
Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:47 - Jun 25 with 2510 viewsGeneration_Terrorist

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:45 - Jun 25 by scottishjack

So, we are on the brink of a major signing, people who clearly have a better idea than I do on how these things work (money wise) seem to have a grasp on what the club are doing, and yet some other folks on here have complaints that the board must be mad?

Wasn't it a lack of ambition that the board were being accused of last Summer when we didn't pay a large transfer fee for the same guy?

You forget that this is PlanetSwans, where pedants, hypocrites and cynics reign supreme.

"There's no cure for being a c**t."

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:48 - Jun 25 with 2508 viewslondonlisa2001

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:42 - Jun 25 by JackoBoostardo

That was sarcasm by the way. Reputable and The Mirror in the same sentence, that if muttered again may cause the planet to implode.

Needless to say, take it with a pinch of salt.

oh I know - I as just wondering why Dwight has taken it as gospel and starting to slate the board for it given that he keeps telling us all that we're not a small club anymore and should set our sights higher.
Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:51 - Jun 25 with 2496 viewslondonlisa2001

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:45 - Jun 25 by scottishjack

I agree - and the people who've been slating us for not setting our sights higher are now criticising.

I think this is a major coup if we get this guy and shows an incredible ambition by the board.

Also rather knocks all the 'Monk will never be able to sign a major player - he has no contacts' etc stuff into touch.
Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:52 - Jun 25 with 2473 viewsscottishjack

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:47 - Jun 25 by Generation_Terrorist

You forget that this is PlanetSwans, where pedants, hypocrites and cynics reign supreme.

My bad!
Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 01:08 - Jun 25 with 2427 viewsGeneration_Terrorist

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 00:51 - Jun 25 by londonlisa2001

I agree - and the people who've been slating us for not setting our sights higher are now criticising.

I think this is a major coup if we get this guy and shows an incredible ambition by the board.

Also rather knocks all the 'Monk will never be able to sign a major player - he has no contacts' etc stuff into touch.

Spot on.

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 01:41 - Jun 25 with 2368 viewsScoobyWho

This is a Huge Bert signing, we all know it.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Login to get fewer ads

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 01:57 - Jun 25 with 2350 viewsJackoBoostardo

Let's not forget, he's turned 'bigger' clubs down, so we must be doing something right surely. And HuwJ has his head on for figures... And we should be confident he knows what he's doing.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 04:21 - Jun 25 with 2280 viewsBaker

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 01:41 - Jun 25 by ScoobyWho

This is a Huge Bert signing, we all know it.

Don't be silly, he's been on Garry's radar for years, mun.

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 07:33 - Jun 25 with 2123 viewscyril

Ashley Williams wants 3 million to sign a contract extension, my my he wants to remember the days when he worked at the fairground, some people are never contented what they're offered they just want more and more, and they forget where they came from

The devil is in the detail

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 07:45 - Jun 25 with 2081 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 07:33 - Jun 25 by cyril

Ashley Williams wants 3 million to sign a contract extension, my my he wants to remember the days when he worked at the fairground, some people are never contented what they're offered they just want more and more, and they forget where they came from

TBH I'm a bit sick of the Ashley Williams circus right now. Get 6 million off Sunderland and buy Moreno

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 07:55 - Jun 25 with 2040 viewsWarwickHunt

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 07:45 - Jun 25 by Brynmill_Jack

TBH I'm a bit sick of the Ashley Williams circus right now. Get 6 million off Sunderland and buy Moreno

Spot on.

£3m signing on fee? You f*cking WHAT???
[Post edited 25 Jun 2014 8:13]
Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 07:58 - Jun 25 with 2031 views1jack

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 07:45 - Jun 25 by Brynmill_Jack

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 08:10 - Jun 25 with 1981 viewsAnotherJohn

I am beginning to wonder about Ash. It seems that he was one of the group who connived to get Laudrup out, and now may have views on which Spanish players should stay. However, with his best mate now installed as manager, it seems that Ash is looking to extract a big pay off. Is that what economists call rent seeking behaviour? I'd like to keep him, but he isn't making it easy.
Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 08:31 - Jun 25 with 1887 viewsSwansNZ

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 07:55 - Jun 25 by WarwickHunt

Spot on.

I'd like Ash to stay, BUT, signing on fee??? FFS, he's not signing with a new club, he'd be signing a new contract, which would give him a huge pay increase, AND he wants a signing on fee???

If these figures are right, 3M signing on fee or 6M transfer fee - so, we either say yes to the 3M or sell him and have up to 9M to invest in a new player. No brainer, for me

Of course, this could be all agent and media BS.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 09:06 - Jun 25 with 1769 viewsblaine_scfc

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 07:55 - Jun 25 by WarwickHunt

Spot on.

Please say this is a joke?

Thanks, but no thanks Ash. Been a quality player for us over the years, but that would be silly spending.
Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 09:07 - Jun 25 with 1767 viewsShaky

If it is confirmed, the bizarre thing about this signing is that if anyone is due a credit it is in fact Laudrup, given that Gomis was his number 1 target as widely reported last summer.

See for example:

Swansea chase Bafetimbi Gomis in hope transfer will convince boss Michael Laudrup not to quit
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-transfers-bafetimbi

And given the renewed chatter about Gylfi if anything these moves are worryingly suggestive of a lack of fresh ideas -- from anyone.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 09:45 - Jun 25 with 1688 viewsJackSomething

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 09:07 - Jun 25 by Shaky

If it is confirmed, the bizarre thing about this signing is that if anyone is due a credit it is in fact Laudrup, given that Gomis was his number 1 target as widely reported last summer.

See for example:

Swansea chase Bafetimbi Gomis in hope transfer will convince boss Michael Laudrup not to quit
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-transfers-bafetimbi

And given the renewed chatter about Gylfi if anything these moves are worryingly suggestive of a lack of fresh ideas -- from anyone.

Pretty good example of grasping at straws there. We tried to sign this player under our last manager, but didn't, so if we sign him now, we should credit the previous manager?

Also never heard Fabianski mentioned before this summer.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 09:50 - Jun 25 with 1657 views1jack

See for example:

Just because we go in for a player we have tried to get before, you say it is a lack of fresh ideas.
I think it's a good player we want and we are getting him now instead of then.
Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 09:53 - Jun 25 with 1648 viewswaynekerr55

See for example:

I'd be quite happy for Gylfi to come back. Him and Pablo for the "10" role would be very nice IMO. Would also make the 3 behind the centre forward more fluid... IMO of course

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 09:58 - Jun 25 with 1614 viewsShaky

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 09:45 - Jun 25 by JackSomething

Pretty good example of grasping at straws there. We tried to sign this player under our last manager, but didn't, so if we sign him now, we should credit the previous manager?

Also never heard Fabianski mentioned before this summer.

You omit the context of my reply, but since you ask then yes; obviously we should credit the guy who actually talent spotted Gomis for talent spotting him rather than Monk as the post I was replying to demanded.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 10:00 - Jun 25 with 1602 viewsJackSomething

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 09:58 - Jun 25 by Shaky

You omit the context of my reply, but since you ask then yes; obviously we should credit the guy who actually talent spotted Gomis for talent spotting him rather than Monk as the post I was replying to demanded.

So you know for a fact that Laudrup personally identified Gomis as a potential signing last summer? Not one of our scouting team possibly?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 10:05 - Jun 25 with 1572 viewsGeneration_Terrorist

Anyone think we'll see him holding up the shirt before the end of the day, or is there any truth to the rumours that he's doing an Ince-esque tour of other clubs first?

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 10:08 - Jun 25 with 1554 viewsShaky

Gomis and huwbert just leaving Marriot on 10:00 - Jun 25 by JackSomething

So you know for a fact that Laudrup personally identified Gomis as a potential signing last summer? Not one of our scouting team possibly?

Do I have first hand knowledge of Laurdup's wish list? No.

Was it reported in practically every newspaper in the country? Yes.

Misology -- It's a bitch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024