Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill interview on DP 15:04 - Jun 30 with 5011 viewsSaxonDale

Some interesting things said,

- Very angry at what Karl Robinson has said about Hogan in the press
- Hogan has been offered a contract extension as well as a few others
- Reiterates he is after two players, missed out on his two first choices but hopes a few options will become available late July onwards.
- Player called Cameron Parks is on trial for the next few weeks
- Club received money for Le Fondre/ Lambert deals and there isn't a need to sell
Hill interview on DP on 15:20 - Jun 30 with 4947 viewsfitzochris

Park is an English-Scottish winger, according to Wiki.

Wonder who the first two targets were? Hard to guage with so many players signing for clubs just now.

Robinson has played it wrong with regards to Hogan. Hill has every right to be annoyed. If Hogan does move on, MK Dons are a long way below where he will be going.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2014 15:21]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Hill interview on DP on 15:27 - Jun 30 with 4913 viewsleedsdale

If I've got my dates right, Hill signed Parks on loan from Boro when he was Barnsley manager, so he should know a bit about him already. Decent pedigree.
Hill interview on DP on 15:32 - Jun 30 with 4894 viewsSaxonDale

Hill interview on DP on 15:27 - Jun 30 by leedsdale

If I've got my dates right, Hill signed Parks on loan from Boro when he was Barnsley manager, so he should know a bit about him already. Decent pedigree.

Your dates are right, he mentioned he had managed him at Barnsley briefly. Plenty of talent and potential according to Hill, just unfulfilled so far.
Hill interview on DP on 15:54 - Jun 30 with 4811 viewsRotherhamDale

Red training gear?

Possession with progression.

Hill interview on DP on 16:55 - Jun 30 with 4626 views442Dale

Hill interview on DP on 15:54 - Jun 30 by RotherhamDale

Red training gear?

The coaching team presumably? They had red back in 08/09 when we had Nike.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hill interview on DP on 16:58 - Jun 30 with 4612 views100notout

Hill interview on DP on 16:55 - Jun 30 by 442Dale

The coaching team presumably? They had red back in 08/09 when we had Nike.

You really need to get out more!

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Hill interview on DP on 17:30 - Jun 30 with 4506 viewsJorDale

I'm pretty sure one of the targets was mike jones who was released by Crawley, sure we made a bid for him when he was at bury and now signed for oldham?
Hill interview on DP on 17:51 - Jun 30 with 4433 views442Dale

Hill interview on DP on 16:58 - Jun 30 by 100notout

You really need to get out more!

I get out loads. Mainly to training grounds around the country to monitor the correlation between successful teams and their coaching staff's kit.

Login to get fewer ads

Hill interview on DP on 18:05 - Jun 30 with 4394 viewsD_Dale

Hill interview on DP on 17:30 - Jun 30 by JorDale

I'm pretty sure one of the targets was mike jones who was released by Crawley, sure we made a bid for him when he was at bury and now signed for oldham?

Could O'Toole have been the other, or maybe he was just fancied by some posters? On signing him Chris Wilder says O'Toole turned down League One clubs in favour of Northampton.
Hill interview on DP on 18:21 - Jun 30 with 4333 viewsolympicdale

Hill interview on DP on 18:05 - Jun 30 by D_Dale

Could O'Toole have been the other, or maybe he was just fancied by some posters? On signing him Chris Wilder says O'Toole turned down League One clubs in favour of Northampton.

Whoever is signed, i think we can be pretty sure it wont be any household name, cant see O'Toole here tbh.

Life is a game of fate.

Hill interview on DP on 18:50 - Jun 30 with 4229 viewsdale_spotland

Edit! Question already answered!
[Post edited 30 Jun 2014 18:51]

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Hill interview on DP on 19:03 - Jun 30 with 4172 viewsJorDale

Hill interview on DP on 18:05 - Jun 30 by D_Dale

More than likely! Money obviously has influenced that one
Hill interview on DP on 19:23 - Jun 30 with 4112 views100notout

Hill interview on DP on 17:51 - Jun 30 by 442Dale

I get out loads. Mainly to training grounds around the country to monitor the correlation between successful teams and their coaching staff's kit.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Hill interview on DP on 19:40 - Jun 30 with 4055 viewsTVOS1907

Hill interview on DP on 17:51 - Jun 30 by 442Dale

If you got out more, you'd know what's out there.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hill interview on DP on 19:41 - Jun 30 with 4047 views442Dale

Hill interview on DP on 19:40 - Jun 30 by TVOS1907

If you got out more, you'd know what's out there.

But I am out more, thus knowing exactly what's out there.

Hill interview on DP on 21:01 - Jun 30 with 3874 viewsD_Dale

Hill interview on DP on 19:03 - Jun 30 by JorDale

More than likely! Money obviously has influenced that one

Including him getting a 3-year contract. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28097139
Hill interview on DP on 21:23 - Jun 30 with 3804 viewsColDale

Ah well, we'll have to settle for a midfield of Allen, Lund and Hery.
Hill interview on DP on 21:37 - Jun 30 with 3757 viewsWhiteyBFC

Cameron Park was woeful for us under Keith, albeit only saw him a couple of times, think he had flu and went back to Boro. But I saw him a few times in Boro's under 21's last season when Jacob first joined. He'd got worse. Seriously.

But, Keith likes a project...

And isn't the missed out on midfielder Kelvin Etuhu?
Hill interview on DP on 22:02 - Jun 30 with 3669 viewsleedsdale

Found this on the Crewe forum from last season:

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=168&fid=90&sty=2&act=1&mid=2111415290
Hill interview on DP on 23:04 - Jun 30 with 3517 viewsD_Dale

Hill interview on DP on 21:37 - Jun 30 by WhiteyBFC

Cameron Park was woeful for us under Keith, albeit only saw him a couple of times, think he had flu and went back to Boro. But I saw him a few times in Boro's under 21's last season when Jacob first joined. He'd got worse. Seriously.

But, Keith likes a project...

And isn't the missed out on midfielder Kelvin Etuhu?

I wonder whether Hill would have liked to sign Etuhu before moneybags bury snapped him up. He's 26 now, has managed fewer than 100 league appearances and only 4 goals. Admittedly, I've not seen him play since his loan at Dale, but he's always seemed like a semi-fringe player.
Hill interview on DP on 08:26 - Jul 1 with 3276 viewsSuddenLad

Hill interview on DP on 23:04 - Jun 30 by D_Dale

I wonder whether Hill would have liked to sign Etuhu before moneybags bury snapped him up. He's 26 now, has managed fewer than 100 league appearances and only 4 goals. Admittedly, I've not seen him play since his loan at Dale, but he's always seemed like a semi-fringe player.

I doubt that Etuhu was even on Hill's radar. He misses more games than he plays.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hill interview on DP on 13:15 - Jul 1 with 3006 viewsfitzochris

Fom the OS:

“Everybody seems to think that we’re a selling club and have to sell club, but we are not.”

Manager Keith Hill says the number of players who have so far signed new or extended deals at the club is “absolutely tremendous.”

Several players including Matty Done, Ian Henderson, Josh Lillis and Peter Vincenti have all put pen to paper in recent weeks, committing themselves to the club until the summer of 2016.

The current squad of players have already been together for 12 months plus, and Hill admits he is keen to keep that continuity.

“Football, unlike so many other industries, is short term with respect to contracts. But with the work that I did with this squad of players, not just last season, but part of the season before, I want to try and retain continuity. I want to try and get as many players as I possibly can tied to more than just a year left remaining on their current contract," Hill told Dale Player.

“The players who have signed the extensions and the new deals is absolutely tremendous, but I have offered contracts to other players and it’ll be up to them whether or not they actually sign deals or not.”

He continued: “But one thing I do intend on doing is utilising the squad I have at this moment in time, for most of this season.

“I have had assurances from the Chief Executive, the Board of Directors and the Chairman that no player will be sold unless I deem it relevant and right. There’s nobody at this football club who has a for sale sign around their neck and there’s nobody being touted from within the walls of this football club. We’re trying to nurture, develop and retain these players because I want that continuity.

“I don’t see any reason why this squad of players can’t be successful and fulfil our ambition over the next two, three, four seasons, so the club are doing everything they possibly can to retain these players, and if we have to, we’ll build on what we’ve already got.

"We’re certainly not in a situation where we want or need to sell Scotty Hogan, or any other player that we’ve got at this football club. Everybody seems to think that we’re a selling club and have to sell club, but we are not. And anyone who thinks we are, are ill informed.

“I can go with this whole squad for the duration of the season on the advice of the Chairman and the Board of Directors and the Chief Exec. We have received a substantial amount of money from the sale of Alfie Le Fondre and Rickie Lambert.”

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Hill interview on DP on 14:14 - Jul 1 with 2906 viewsaleanddale

Hill interview on DP on 13:15 - Jul 1 by fitzochris

Fom the OS:

“Everybody seems to think that we’re a selling club and have to sell club, but we are not.”

Manager Keith Hill says the number of players who have so far signed new or extended deals at the club is “absolutely tremendous.”

Several players including Matty Done, Ian Henderson, Josh Lillis and Peter Vincenti have all put pen to paper in recent weeks, committing themselves to the club until the summer of 2016.

The current squad of players have already been together for 12 months plus, and Hill admits he is keen to keep that continuity.

“Football, unlike so many other industries, is short term with respect to contracts. But with the work that I did with this squad of players, not just last season, but part of the season before, I want to try and retain continuity. I want to try and get as many players as I possibly can tied to more than just a year left remaining on their current contract," Hill told Dale Player.

“The players who have signed the extensions and the new deals is absolutely tremendous, but I have offered contracts to other players and it’ll be up to them whether or not they actually sign deals or not.”

He continued: “But one thing I do intend on doing is utilising the squad I have at this moment in time, for most of this season.

“I have had assurances from the Chief Executive, the Board of Directors and the Chairman that no player will be sold unless I deem it relevant and right. There’s nobody at this football club who has a for sale sign around their neck and there’s nobody being touted from within the walls of this football club. We’re trying to nurture, develop and retain these players because I want that continuity.

“I don’t see any reason why this squad of players can’t be successful and fulfil our ambition over the next two, three, four seasons, so the club are doing everything they possibly can to retain these players, and if we have to, we’ll build on what we’ve already got.

"We’re certainly not in a situation where we want or need to sell Scotty Hogan, or any other player that we’ve got at this football club. Everybody seems to think that we’re a selling club and have to sell club, but we are not. And anyone who thinks we are, are ill informed.

“I can go with this whole squad for the duration of the season on the advice of the Chairman and the Board of Directors and the Chief Exec. We have received a substantial amount of money from the sale of Alfie Le Fondre and Rickie Lambert.”

Sounds very positive.

In Hilly we Trust.

Still think 3 more would enhance the squad....

1. Experienced ( still young ish ) Centre Half

2. A league one Cavanagh!!

3. The holy grail..... a league one 15 / 20 goals a season man...
Hill interview on DP on 00:02 - Jul 2 with 2480 viewsShun

Hill interview on DP on 14:14 - Jul 1 by aleanddale

Sounds very positive.

In Hilly we Trust.

Still think 3 more would enhance the squad....

1. Experienced ( still young ish ) Centre Half

2. A league one Cavanagh!!

3. The holy grail..... a league one 15 / 20 goals a season man...

We have number 3 in Hogan!
Hill interview on DP on 06:58 - Jul 2 with 2393 viewsaleanddale

Hill interview on DP on 00:02 - Jul 2 by Shun

We have number 3 in Hogan!

I was being greedy i meant another one!!!
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024