Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Argentina 19:37 - Jul 1 with 4180 viewsbosh67

Bar Messi they are pretty crap to be honest. Can't believe they have made it to the quarters. They will probably win the cup being somewhere between poor and average.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Argentina on 15:24 - Jul 3 with 1310 viewsFredManRave

Argentina on 08:59 - Jul 3 by Pommyhoop

As I said before.This World Cup is going to Holland.
In these days of fancy dress at World Cup games I'm surprised no Dutch fans have gone as this fella..

Great moooovie!

I'm dissapointed no Japanese fans went dressed like these.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Argentina on 15:41 - Jul 3 with 1296 viewsBklynRanger

Argentina on 06:37 - Jul 3 by QPR_ARG

I don't think the song is insulting, to be honest.

"Brazil, tell me how it feels
To have your daddy coming home
I swear no matter how long it goes
That I'll never forget
How Diego dribbled past you
How Caniggia's done you
You're crying since Italy 1990 until today
You'll see Messi
Lifting the trophy
And you know Maradona is better than Pelé"

I absolutely love it! Here it is:

There is a Brazilian song against Argentina that is just as awesome!

And this one does have a bit of an insult in there, but I don't take it as an offense. I love it too!

"If you're an Argentine
Then tell me how it is
To have only two World Cup trophies
That's one fewer than Pelé

If you're an Argentine
Then go get it up your arsse
You have only, two World Cup trophies
That's the same as Cafu's"

As long as it stays there, it's all fine.

I'm all for this international banter!

Yeah insulting probably isn't the right word, Seb, maybe provocative is better.

The wife and I went to an Arg place we like to watch them play Iran - was a great atmosphere with lots of drums. We're going back there on Saturday.

Thanks for the translation by the way!
[Post edited 3 Jul 2014 16:27]
Argentina on 15:41 - Jul 3 with 1294 viewsQPunkR

I really think Colombia can do FIFA, I mean Brazil, tomorrow. I've stuck some cashmoney on them at 4-1. Please God they do it in the 90 mins otherwise bet's null and void!

QPR - "shit but local"

Argentina on 16:28 - Jul 3 with 1278 viewsBklynRanger

I think so too, Punk. It'll be interesting to see how James Rodriguez compares to Neymar. I haven't been that impressed with Neymar in the last couple of matches.
Argentina on 16:35 - Jul 3 with 1275 viewspaulparker

Win or Lose the Brazilians will be Crying, Holding hands and pointing to the Sky
chief of this is Luiz closely followed by Neymar ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Argentina on 16:39 - Jul 3 with 1271 viewsjamois

I think the Brazilian defence is good and that they are going to beat Columbia. Not sure why, I just fancy it will happen. And given the thread title, I have an inkling that Argentina are going to turn it up now too. My prediction is for a German v Argentina final.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Argentina on 04:23 - Jul 4 with 1242 viewsQPR_ARG

Argentina on 09:00 - Jul 3 by 18StoneOfHoop

Cracking post ,Seb!
Love both them songs,thanks so much for the translations.

Like a poster above said I would prefer to see an underdog Colombia v Belgium final - or even better James Rodriguez's Costa Rica! - than the usual bleeding big boy suspects :
Bra (ManU) v Arg (Chels)

As a rabid anti-Faragist Born in Hammersmith Hospital Proud English European patriot, I would love it,really love it - (C) Keegan - to see a European team - even the Bosch! - win it at long last for the first time on the American continent.
(Give this vid sketch time..it gets good after half way.)

Oi! It's all good with the international banter and all that...but calling my national team THAT, is way out of order.

We have an issue now, mate! hahaha!

Brazil really are the Man Utd of the world and now they have like 4 Chelsea players (Willian, Ramires, Oscar and now they sold him but David Luiz's last club match was for Chelsea too).

How can anybody on this forum like them...is beyond me!

We are, maybe, the Liverpool of the World! haha! We last won a World Cup in 1986. Close enough!

That makes England the...Ipswich Town of the world!
Argentina on 04:30 - Jul 4 with 1230 viewsSydneyRs

Argentina on 06:37 - Jul 3 by QPR_ARG

I don't think the song is insulting, to be honest.

"Brazil, tell me how it feels
To have your daddy coming home
I swear no matter how long it goes
That I'll never forget
How Diego dribbled past you
How Caniggia's done you
You're crying since Italy 1990 until today
You'll see Messi
Lifting the trophy
And you know Maradona is better than Pelé"

I absolutely love it! Here it is:

There is a Brazilian song against Argentina that is just as awesome!

And this one does have a bit of an insult in there, but I don't take it as an offense. I love it too!

"If you're an Argentine
Then tell me how it is
To have only two World Cup trophies
That's one fewer than Pelé

If you're an Argentine
Then go get it up your arsse
You have only, two World Cup trophies
That's the same as Cafu's"

As long as it stays there, it's all fine.

I'm all for this international banter!

crying since 1990? Not in 1994, or 2002.

I think Brazil and Argentina are very similar. Both average teams with one outstanding player. However as 1986 proved than can be enough.

I expect home advantage may well help them both to the final but Belgium/Holland/Germany will certainly not make it easy.
Login to get fewer ads

Argentina on 21:50 - Jul 4 with 1193 viewsQPR_ARG

Argentina on 04:30 - Jul 4 by SydneyRs

crying since 1990? Not in 1994, or 2002.

I think Brazil and Argentina are very similar. Both average teams with one outstanding player. However as 1986 proved than can be enough.

I expect home advantage may well help them both to the final but Belgium/Holland/Germany will certainly not make it easy.

The concept is clear. It's the head to head what counts when it comes to banter with a rival.

Brazil could have 5 WC to ARG's 2, but the head to head?

Check it out:

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/statisticsandrecords/headtohead/team1=arg/team

So...they may have won it in 94 and 02, but it wasn't because they beat us.

In fact, last time we played (Italy 1990 round of 16), this was what happened:

Argentina on 19:11 - Jul 5 with 1162 viewsBklynRanger

Warming up. Definativamente warming up!
Argentina on 19:21 - Jul 5 with 1151 viewsFredManRave

Argentina on 19:11 - Jul 5 by BklynRanger

Warming up. Definativamente warming up!

Definitely deserved and probably the best they've played so far, will always we strong in attack with the forward players they have and today they looked strong in defence. First time in 24 years they're in the semis!

It's strange watching these games, as far as the refereing is concerned. As mentioned re yesterdays game and also in todays game the ref missed alot of "strong" challenges. Hazard in the first half and Kompany with two "yellow card" challenges to name just a few. And Hazard again at least twice for play acting should have been shown a yellow. He really has had a shite World Cup. Should we now be criticising the refs for not actually showing enough cards?!

I've got the Power.

Argentina on 19:31 - Jul 5 with 1142 viewsTacticalR

The thing I liked was that Messi didn't try and run the game. It wasn't just the Messi show. He was content to do nothing for long periods, and then come into the game with a pass, a run and occasionally, a moment of brilliance.

Air hostess clique

Argentina on 19:33 - Jul 5 with 1137 viewsTHEBUSH

I have a theory, that the team who scores more goals than the other team, deserves to win !!
Argentina on 19:49 - Jul 5 with 1127 viewsTacticalR

Argentina on 19:33 - Jul 5 by THEBUSH

I have a theory, that the team who scores more goals than the other team, deserves to win !!

Don't try and bamboozle us with such ivory-tower theories.

Air hostess clique

Argentina on 20:00 - Jul 5 with 1110 viewsthorpebankR

Had a score on Higuain and 1-0 @22-1 and sitting on £200 @5-1 On Argies winning it. Happy days
Argentina on 20:10 - Jul 5 with 1059 viewsted_hendrix

I only watched the last 30 odd minutes and from what I saw Belgium deserve to be on the way home, in the final third they were hugely disappointing and I don't know what the scum bastards paid for that Kevin De Bruyne but he was shit.
Must have been three off sides in the space of 5 minutes which at this level is poor.
Belgium have some hugely talented individual players but they've disappointed especially Hazzard.

Anyway, bolox.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Argentina on 22:37 - Jul 5 with 1009 viewsQPR_ARG

I was hugely surprised Belgium went with an attacking mindset. They gave us room to counter-attack. We hit them early and then we were happy to take a step back hoping to get a second with another counter.

It didn't happen, but Higuain (had such an incredible match) hit the bar and Messi couldn't beat Courtois late on (a long dribble would have done it, but what can you tell a player like him?).

One big blow could be that Di Maria seems to be out of the rest of the tournament.

The way I see it...I'm not that worried/sad about it. I grow very frustrated by him as he always seems to choose the wrong option (he's got a horrible habit of shooting with his marker on. He did it 7 (SEVEN) times vs. Switzerland and 3 in the first 30 minutes today).

The tighter and more important the matches are, the more you need intelligent players on your team. Brains make such a big difference at stages like this.

As for today's performance, I think it was top class, to be honest. Argentina made Belgium play the game Argentina wanted them to play.

Currently watching Holland vs. Costa Rica. I don't know who I'd chose, to be honest. But have a feeling if it's Holland, they'll be happy to sit back. They won't fall into the temptation Belgium fell for.

Anyway...there's time to think about it. Today it's just about celebrating. I was 13 last time we made it this far. This is huge.
Argentina on 10:44 - Jul 6 with 951 viewsthame_hoops

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/article-2681819/Alejandro-Sabella-
Argentina on 21:36 - Jul 6 with 912 viewsFredManRave

Pato!

I've got the Power.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024