Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remy 23:07 - Jul 18 with 14625 viewshoopstilidie

To Liverpool on a 5 year deal according to Italian sports reporters.

Gutted if that goes through.

He'll be worth £30m inside a year.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Remy on 10:02 - Jul 19 with 2981 viewseghamranger

Borini got 2 goals 24 matches last season, and sold for 14 million. Remy must be worth double that, think Rodgers has got himself a bargain. All that money he got for the liability Rat Suarez and he got Lambert and Remy and about £50 million in the bank.
Remy on 10:06 - Jul 19 with 2956 viewsDiscodroid

its up there with the trevor sinclair for kieth rowland and ian dowie +£1.7 million transfer, as the worst since ive supported rangers (1977)

a double decker of shit sandwich.

least his off the wage bill, we can pick up eto and cahill now!!!!

gawd blimey.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Remy on 11:16 - Jul 19 with 2876 viewsthame_hoops

Remy on 23:55 - Jul 18 by hoopstilidie

I'd say them getting £14m for Borini is bloody good business actually. Remy and a £6m profit? Excellent days work for Liverpool that.

You're right, I'm dumb! Forgot he was liverpools player and only on loan to them last year, thought lpool were spending 14 for borini doh
Remy on 11:33 - Jul 19 with 2840 viewsQPR_John

Remy on 10:06 - Jul 19 by Discodroid

its up there with the trevor sinclair for kieth rowland and ian dowie +£1.7 million transfer, as the worst since ive supported rangers (1977)

a double decker of shit sandwich.

least his off the wage bill, we can pick up eto and cahill now!!!!

gawd blimey.

Is it so difficult to understand that without the release clause we would not have signed Remy. We took a gamble on his wages to keep us up that is all we have lost.

As a rider I am still unsure of a release clause but if he does go for £8/10M I will accept it exists.
Remy on 11:38 - Jul 19 with 2823 viewshoopstilidie

Remy on 11:33 - Jul 19 by QPR_John

Is it so difficult to understand that without the release clause we would not have signed Remy. We took a gamble on his wages to keep us up that is all we have lost.

As a rider I am still unsure of a release clause but if he does go for £8/10M I will accept it exists.

I fully understand a release clause being in place covering the possibility that we get relegated. What I don't understand is why they would let such a clause exist that wasn't negated by us returning to or staying in the Prem.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Remy on 11:47 - Jul 19 with 2792 viewsRed_Ranger

Remy on 11:38 - Jul 19 by hoopstilidie

I fully understand a release clause being in place covering the possibility that we get relegated. What I don't understand is why they would let such a clause exist that wasn't negated by us returning to or staying in the Prem.

Oversight I should imagine.
Does seem a little naïve.
From what I read Liverpool are still negotiating a number of options.
It aint over yet and wouldn't be surprised if he puts on a hooped shirt again.
Remy on 11:48 - Jul 19 with 2784 viewsBasingstokeR

Hope he doesn't play against us!
Remy on 11:51 - Jul 19 with 2779 viewsTheBlob

We have "lost" all the potential profit.
Whoever brokered that original deal was an idiot.

imho of course.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Remy on 12:00 - Jul 19 with 2748 viewsRed_Ranger

Good point.
Its difficult to have an opinion unless you calculate whole picture.
How much we paid for him?
Did Newcastle pay £2.00 million fee to loan him?
Did Newcastle pay all his wages during loan?
Are we really paying him £80k a week since 1st June to play for France and negotiate with every club in the top six to get out of here?
I say unless he turns up for work on Monday, fine him a months wages.
Remy on 17:32 - Jul 19 with 2515 viewsonlyrinmoray

£14 million for Borini £8 million for Remy cant believe that are we that stupid

Merci Monsieur Remy for gracing us with your presence F'ing mercenary of the highest order
Remy on 17:43 - Jul 19 with 2485 viewsOldPedro

We all knew that he was using us to prove himself in the Premier League - if it wasn't for the rape charge he would have gone before the start of last season. At least he will be off the wage bill and we will be getting back the fee we originally paid for him. Without the release clause he wouldn't have joined us in the first place.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Remy on 17:45 - Jul 19 with 2477 viewstimcocking

He's no Luis Suarez. Don't want him if he doesn't want to be here, which he obviously doesn't.
Remy on 17:49 - Jul 19 with 2456 viewstooting_hoop

That sums it up. Thank God!

I'm glad someone has summed it up in a quick post. We can bump John's post every time this gets mentioned.

Follow me on Twitter @tootinghoop

Remy on 17:52 - Jul 19 with 2446 viewsQPR442

I said on another thread that 'QPR has made mistakes' but if Remy goes to the 'Self Pity City' for £8M then our owners/CEO need to take a long hard look at themselves.
I have just read that the lightweight Liverpool striker is going to Sunderland for £14m?
Any idiot can tell you Remy is proven and is worth more than £8M?
Once again we say we have learned by our mistakes but have we really?
Remy on 18:00 - Jul 19 with 2418 viewskropotkin41

I'm still unsure how much truth there is to all this. Is this all just rumour so far?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Remy on 18:04 - Jul 19 with 2175 viewsStraightR

Remy on 18:00 - Jul 19 by kropotkin41

I'm still unsure how much truth there is to all this. Is this all just rumour so far?

Going to Liverpool for £8.5M according to the Beeb:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28385300
Remy on 18:06 - Jul 19 with 2166 viewsNorthernr

Remy on 11:38 - Jul 19 by hoopstilidie

I think the thing with Remy coming here originally was he held literally all the cards in the negotiations. He had other Premier League clubs interested and we were clearly fcked and highly, highly likely to be relegated. Why would he come here unless we caved in to lots of his demands? Hence a release clause that's very heavily weighted in his favour.
Remy on 18:06 - Jul 19 with 2166 viewsJigsore

Remy on 10:02 - Jul 19 by eghamranger

Borini got 2 goals 24 matches last season, and sold for 14 million. Remy must be worth double that, think Rodgers has got himself a bargain. All that money he got for the liability Rat Suarez and he got Lambert and Remy and about £50 million in the bank.

Eh? He scored 10 in total last season and they weere all very important. That said £14m is f*cking mental even if he is only 23

not sure why Remy is going for so cheap relatively but hey, I wish him no ill. He's a good player and done well wherever he's gone including in our last horrible season in the PL so good luck to him...as long as he doesn't score against us mind

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Remy on 18:11 - Jul 19 with 2153 viewsWadR

It's only £8.5m because it's his release clause for Champions league team. I doubt he would have signed for us in the first place without assurance of a lowish release clause. The sliding clause seems reasonable, it would've been £10m+ for Europa league teams, and whatever we want for teams with no continental football. If he'd gone to Newcastle, Fernandes and co. would've wanted upwards of £15m.

The clause doesn't make him a mercenary in my eyes. I think people need to be realistic about the size of our club. He signed for us in January '13, we'd won 2 games all season at that point, were bottom of the table and had generally been dreadful. He's an international footballer, who had previously played for one of the biggest teams in France! We were desperate for a striker, and paid over the odds in wages (arguably) and had to do whatever was necessary to bring him in (the release clause). It was a risk. Remy clearly tried his best when he was with us, but realistically we were always seen by him as a stepping stone to a bigger club.

Edit - Clive got in there ahead of me, I agree with everything he said.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2014 18:13]
Remy on 18:16 - Jul 19 with 2134 viewsNorthernr

Remy on 18:11 - Jul 19 by WadR

It's only £8.5m because it's his release clause for Champions league team. I doubt he would have signed for us in the first place without assurance of a lowish release clause. The sliding clause seems reasonable, it would've been £10m+ for Europa league teams, and whatever we want for teams with no continental football. If he'd gone to Newcastle, Fernandes and co. would've wanted upwards of £15m.

The clause doesn't make him a mercenary in my eyes. I think people need to be realistic about the size of our club. He signed for us in January '13, we'd won 2 games all season at that point, were bottom of the table and had generally been dreadful. He's an international footballer, who had previously played for one of the biggest teams in France! We were desperate for a striker, and paid over the odds in wages (arguably) and had to do whatever was necessary to bring him in (the release clause). It was a risk. Remy clearly tried his best when he was with us, but realistically we were always seen by him as a stepping stone to a bigger club.

Edit - Clive got in there ahead of me, I agree with everything he said.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2014 18:13]

Exactly right.

Expect to be told you're an idiot shortly...
Remy on 18:25 - Jul 19 with 2110 viewsted_hendrix

1) Money is key in all contract negotiations not loving a club or kissing a badge when you score.

2) The sooner he goes the better then we can lick and sharpen the pencil tip and sign another minge with a release clause.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Remy on 18:28 - Jul 19 with 2102 viewsLowerloftLad

2.5 mill of Newcastle
8.5 of Liverpool
80k a week of the wage bill

And all for a player who didn't want to be at QPR for the last 12 months we still got some classy goals of remy and he did add some points to the season far well remy good luck

Will bring two players in on Remy wages alone
[Post edited 19 Jul 2014 18:32]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Remy on 18:29 - Jul 19 with 2092 viewseastside_r

Now on Beeb.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28385300
Remy on 18:43 - Jul 19 with 2044 viewsBrightonhoop

Was suprised he only came off the bench for France twice during the WC, and had expected him to do better goal wise at Newcastle. The rape charge and drink driving conviction didn't help his cause either.
He could have been good with us, I think he may be lost at Liverpool. If he dont want to play in Hoops best place for him is elsewhere. No grudge, adios Remy. NEXT!
Remy on 18:59 - Jul 19 with 1992 views1MoreBrightonR

One simple question ....would Remy have signed for us instead of Newcastle without a hefty release clause. We all know the answer and thought it was worth it at the time. Its great in hindsight to say we shouldn't have done it but he never would have signed for us if we hadn't. Simple.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024