Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Additional Players? 10:55 - Aug 6 with 4751 viewscoolranger

So with Jordon Mutch joining us I just wondered what other players everybody thinks we need ?

IF Remy was to agree a new deal, then perhaps we would still need one additional striker. If he moves then I think we might need two more strikers.

I'm hoping we will get Mauricio Isla. Aside from him, our defensive options look good enough until January at least.

Midfield is stacked but we lack a creative force, then again it depends on Taarabt's situation.

So, one creative midfielder (assuming Taarabt moves), two strikers (assuming Remy moves) and Isla.

Agree?

Additional Players? on 11:02 - Aug 6 with 3882 viewsMedwayR

Depends on the formation we use but assuming Isla signs & Remy stays I think we need 2x CM's. I'd be happy to sign up Collison as a squad player (anyone know if he's still training with us?) and get in Holtby/Fer or similar. Another striker would be a bonus, even if it's a loan just to give us options & additional cover.

GK: Green / Murphy
RWB: Isla / Simpson
CB: Onouha / Donaldson
SW: Ferdinand / Dunne
CB: Caulker / Hill
LWB: Traore / Yun
CM: Barton / Henry
CM: Mutch / Collison?
CM: ? / Faurlin
AM: Hoilett / Phillips / Taarabt?
CF: Remy / Austin / Zamora

Poll: Who’s better?

Additional Players? on 11:15 - Aug 6 with 3833 viewsItalianR

Let's try and count them, to get to the 25 (my understanding is that U21 players as of 1st January 2014 don't have to be registered in the 25, correct?):

keepers: 2 (Green, Murphy)
defenders: 9 (Simpson, Yun, Dunne, Hill, Onouha, Ferdinand, Caulker, Traore, Isla)
midfielders: 6 (Barton, Faurlin, Mutch, Henry, Hoillet, Phillips)
strikers: 2 (Austin, Zamora)
not having to make the 25: donaldson, sutherland, petrasso, harriman, the young keeper

That brings us to 19, and there are 6 spots left. I seriously hope one won't go to SWP, and I fear 2 won't go to Remy and Taraabt even though I get wet only thinking of the possibility.

So, 6 spots, I would say a creative midfielder (maybe two), one holding midfielder and three strikers. And no SWP. Or Julio Cesar, for that matters.
Additional Players? on 11:16 - Aug 6 with 3827 viewsCFW

We have to assume Isla is in the bag and if so agree re defence. In the pre-season matches I watched totally agree re creativity especially in the final third. We do not have anyone who can open up a team from that position although I think Mutch could be used in that role and Hoilett looks quite useful when left to roam.

I personally would like to see us add Fer to the team, he would be a very good signing and investment plus bring much needed young legs to the side. Great cover for Barton or could play with him.

Think Adel will go but now not sure about Remy - he just might be tempted. Charlie is un tested at this level and might struggle so we do require another striker. Please not Crouch especially after all the good work we have put into the transfers we have made to date. It would be Deeney for me or Hooper at a push.
Additional Players? on 11:20 - Aug 6 with 3816 viewsMerthyrHoop

I would suggest we are an athletic defensive midfielder and a striker away from having a decent squad for a relegation battle or pushing for mid-table.

Once Isla signs, I would suggest Leroy Fer (although Bentaleb on loan would be great if Fer going to Southampton allows Schneiderlein to get his move) would be next, and I would love to see Crouch back to supplement Remy & Austin. If Taarabt leaves I would expect we would look at a loan to replace him, then I guess we would splash the cash if Remy goes elsewhere too.

As it stands, a first and second XI could look like this:

Green
Onuoha, Ferdinand, Caulker
Isla, Barton, ?????, Traore
Mutch
Austin, Remy

Murphy
Simpson, Dunne, Hill
Phillips, Henry, Faurlin, Yun
Hoilett
Zamora, ?????

Add Joe Lumley (not sure what the deal is with Julio Cesar any more), Taarabt and SWP to that list and that's your 25 man squad
Additional Players? on 11:39 - Aug 6 with 3741 viewscoolranger

I think Harry may very well play the loan market to secure the final couple of pieces in the jigsaw. My worry re Remy and Taarabt is how they may create possible friction within what appears to be a pretty happy group right now which will not tolerate prima donnas.

If they stay they will need to change their ways, perhaps Remy will, but Adel I'm not so sure. Still, that's a management issue.

From what I saw last year the recurring negatives were ;

1. lack of pace across most of the side
2. a very obvious lack of creativity, ie: VERY seldom did you see any player beat 2-3 opponents to open the game up or make a real killer pass that the recipient was able to use (we were sluggish and predictable for much of the season)
3. a lack of creative movement off the ball, to create passing channels

Solid defence, good team spirit, decent midfield work rate and Charlie's goals by and large got us home. That alone in the Premier League will not be enough, which we all know.

Isla, one or two creative midfielders and a couple of hungry young strikers - all assumes Remy and Taarabt move on.
Additional Players? on 12:29 - Aug 6 with 3604 viewsDANRANGER

Ideally Remy stays, signs a new deal with more favourable clauses to us and then look for a striker on loan if we cannot secure any of the options Harry has pinpointed.

Defence is sorted but Central midfield needs strengthening. Links to Carlos Sanchez and Leroy Fer seem to be dragging on but these 2 would be great additions and Sanchez stood out in the world cup and does the job karl Henry tries to do.

so far so good though and feel the new formation will suit Junior hoilett in a free role. He still frustrates but if he just shows a bit more desire he could be a real force this season in the no. 10 role. he now has Mutch to compete with centrally and can't see a wing back option for him so unless we go an adventurous 3-4-3 his positions are limited.
Additional Players? on 12:35 - Aug 6 with 3571 viewsderbyhoop

I make it 22 but that includes Ehmer, Adel, Loc Remy and Shite Phillips.
I haven't included César.

still light on numbers.
Evenif Remy is included, I'd like to see another striker. There's nothing at Eds level.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Additional Players? on 12:37 - Aug 6 with 3562 viewsCFW

Additional Players? on 12:35 - Aug 6 by derbyhoop

I make it 22 but that includes Ehmer, Adel, Loc Remy and Shite Phillips.
I haven't included César.

still light on numbers.
Evenif Remy is included, I'd like to see another striker. There's nothing at Eds level.

Do you think Javier Hernandez from Man U perhaps on loan is a bridge too far??
Login to get fewer ads

Additional Players? on 12:40 - Aug 6 with 3551 viewsMaggsinho

Additional Players? on 12:37 - Aug 6 by CFW

He turned down a move to Southampton so doubt he'd fancy it here.

I reckon we'll still sign Deeney, regardless of Remy staying or not.
Additional Players? on 13:05 - Aug 6 with 3461 viewsHooparoo

Get his old pal Rio to have a word. Christ, imagine Hernandez and Remy lining up with Junior and Mutch supplying the bullets. Now that would be fun!

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Additional Players? on 13:05 - Aug 6 with 3458 viewsDANRANGER

He will have many more options than us should Man U want him out. We are more your Jesse Lingard or James Wilson material and we've been burned before with Macheda and Keane so not sure that's the way to go.

Below are the top scorers in the Championship last year and the only real options left are Rhodes and Deeney and the figures mentioned seem extreme. Grabban looks a good buy for Norwich for around 3m. Therefore if we don't have 10m then going foreign is the option.

Ross McCormack Leeds United 28
Jordan Rhodes Blackburn 25
Troy Deeney Watford 24
Lewis Grabban Bournemouth 22
Danny Ings Burnley 21
Sam Vokes Burnley 20
Chris Martin Derby County 20
David Nugent Leicester City 20
Charlie Austin QPR 17
Craig Bryson Derby County 16
Jamie Vardy Leicester City 16
Chris O'Grady Barnsley 15
Additional Players? on 13:28 - Aug 6 with 3359 viewsQPunkR

Additional Players? on 13:05 - Aug 6 by DANRANGER

He will have many more options than us should Man U want him out. We are more your Jesse Lingard or James Wilson material and we've been burned before with Macheda and Keane so not sure that's the way to go.

Below are the top scorers in the Championship last year and the only real options left are Rhodes and Deeney and the figures mentioned seem extreme. Grabban looks a good buy for Norwich for around 3m. Therefore if we don't have 10m then going foreign is the option.

Ross McCormack Leeds United 28
Jordan Rhodes Blackburn 25
Troy Deeney Watford 24
Lewis Grabban Bournemouth 22
Danny Ings Burnley 21
Sam Vokes Burnley 20
Chris Martin Derby County 20
David Nugent Leicester City 20
Charlie Austin QPR 17
Craig Bryson Derby County 16
Jamie Vardy Leicester City 16
Chris O'Grady Barnsley 15

Agree. We'd all prefer to sign younger Engrish players (like we have managed with Caulker and Mutch) but the price has got to be right. The numbers flying around for Rhodes - and more particularly - for Deeney are far far above their actual worth, and so looking abroad looks a better option

QPR - "shit but local"

Additional Players? on 13:32 - Aug 6 with 3343 viewsbaz_qpr

A keeper, a striker a number 10 minimum. Assuming Cesar goes we cant have a situation where Murphy is the only back up to Green
Additional Players? on 14:03 - Aug 6 with 3274 viewscoolranger

Always been a fan of Scandinavian players. They are less pricey and adapt easily to English conditions and our leagues.

Might be time to fly a Scandinavian flag in our search for a young striker. Also good for our many Scandinavian supporters.
Additional Players? on 14:26 - Aug 6 with 3195 viewsadhoc_qpr

If we get Fer (or another midfielder) and keep Remy, we'll probably be OK.

If i was being greedy, i'd also want:

A striker capable of playing as a lone front man to back up/challenge Austin.
A playmaker/number10 type midfielder to help resolve our lack of creativity (although Adel can fill this role if he stays and plays)
A quality left wing back as Traore is always out with niggles and Yun promising but unproven.
Additional Players? on 15:20 - Aug 6 with 3127 viewsCFW

Additional Players? on 14:26 - Aug 6 by adhoc_qpr

If we get Fer (or another midfielder) and keep Remy, we'll probably be OK.

If i was being greedy, i'd also want:

A striker capable of playing as a lone front man to back up/challenge Austin.
A playmaker/number10 type midfielder to help resolve our lack of creativity (although Adel can fill this role if he stays and plays)
A quality left wing back as Traore is always out with niggles and Yun promising but unproven.

Agree except not sure about Adel if we keep him - selfish bastard and not sure he would be great at opening up opportunities for his fellow team mates. It is all about him.
Additional Players? on 15:28 - Aug 6 with 3115 viewsBlackCrowe

Whatever happened to that Icelandic player from Ajax we were strongly linked with. Has that died or just all gone quiet (over there, and there, and there)?

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Additional Players? on 15:37 - Aug 6 with 3088 viewsderbyhoop

Additional Players? on 13:32 - Aug 6 by baz_qpr

A keeper, a striker a number 10 minimum. Assuming Cesar goes we cant have a situation where Murphy is the only back up to Green

Murphy isn't the only backup to Green
Joe Lumley is, imho, on a par.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Additional Players? on 15:45 - Aug 6 with 3061 viewsQPunkR

Additional Players? on 15:37 - Aug 6 by derbyhoop

Murphy isn't the only backup to Green
Joe Lumley is, imho, on a par.

Yes, but you forget he's one of our young players. Means he has no chance of gametime no matter what.

QPR - "shit but local"

Additional Players? on 16:39 - Aug 6 with 2905 viewsadhoc_qpr

Additional Players? on 15:28 - Aug 6 by BlackCrowe

Whatever happened to that Icelandic player from Ajax we were strongly linked with. Has that died or just all gone quiet (over there, and there, and there)?

Fee was agreed but seems to have stalled on personal terms.

His agent/brother said the other day it's unlikely and they haven't spoken to QPR for weeks or words to that effect.
Additional Players? on 17:41 - Aug 6 with 2783 viewskensalriser

Additional Players? on 16:39 - Aug 6 by adhoc_qpr

Fee was agreed but seems to have stalled on personal terms.

His agent/brother said the other day it's unlikely and they haven't spoken to QPR for weeks or words to that effect.

Didn't Rhodes sign a new deal with Blackburn?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Additional Players? on 17:53 - Aug 6 with 2745 viewstimcocking

We're still lacking a quality holding midfielder. Henry, at a push Ali or Joey, but a decent holding midfielder would be nice.
Additional Players? on 18:13 - Aug 6 with 2697 viewsTheBlob

Additional Players? on 17:53 - Aug 6 by timcocking

We're still lacking a quality holding midfielder. Henry, at a push Ali or Joey, but a decent holding midfielder would be nice.

Van der Vaart it is then.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Additional Players? on 18:15 - Aug 6 with 2688 viewsLoft1979

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/08/06/le-qpr-reportedly-set-to-move-for-moha
Additional Players? on 20:24 - Aug 6 with 2543 viewskingo

Additional Players? on 18:15 - Aug 6 by Loft1979

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/08/06/le-qpr-reportedly-set-to-move-for-moha

We have also been linked with the Columbian Sanchez, who is a holding midfielder and wants out of Elche in Spain. He has a reported release clause of 4 m Euros.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024