Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread - QPR v Hull 20:21 - Aug 15 with 13295 viewsfreddieeddie

I know it's early and I'm Mr Unlucky but I did start the home semi v Wigan and the final against Derby. So thought I'd chance me arm for a third time.

I reckon line up of

Green
Simpson
Traore
Caulker
Ferdinand
Onouha
Mutch
Barton
Hoilett
Austin
Remy

Score 1-1

Poll: QPR future, what would you like to see happen

Match Thread - QPR v Hull on 16:59 - Aug 16 with 1535 viewsCHUBBS

Much better the last 20 although i thought Barton looked well out of sorts in the middle.
Faurlin is probably being looked after so have no problem with his withdrawal.
Phillips looked very dangerous and put in some stunning crosses.
I thought this might be a game we lose but for our performance for 20 minutes after they scored we played well.
They all played pretty well against a solid outfit so no complaints form me.
Match Thread - QPR v Hull on 16:59 - Aug 16 with 1537 viewsTheBlob

Pace,pace and more pace.

With an extra helping of pace.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Match Thread - QPR v Hull on 17:02 - Aug 16 with 1487 viewsDiscodroid

gutting, not the end of the world. oh ye olde greyfriars bobby !! you took an age to get that chance out from under your feet.. different ballgame in the premier.

the team got a really good 90 mins under their belt , and hopefully learn from it.

defend corners,corners corners..ugggggggghhhhh .

i'll settle for a european place instead of the title now.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2014 17:05]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Match Thread - QPR v Hull on 17:02 - Aug 16 with 1487 viewsgueRRilla

They seemed to go off the boil after Hull scored, but Redknapp made the right substitutions I thought and the team started working again. Disappointing result overall as we threw everything at them and got very unlucky. I await Clive recycling the old line about the difference of Premier League teams actually converting their chances when they get them.

Lot's of positives here. Hopefully a few new faces in over the next week or so, and more of a plan to get Remy and Austin on the ball.
Match Thread - QPR v Hull on 17:03 - Aug 16 with 1442 viewscheeseydane

Match Thread - QPR v Hull on 16:32 - Aug 16 by queensparker

It's like the opposite of last season. We've been terrible second half

Really? Im thinking exactly the same as last season, where we were often shite second half.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Match Thread - QPR v Hull on 17:06 - Aug 16 with 1386 viewsTopCat34

Looked very unlucky today, but WHY oh WHY are corners always an issue. Do they just not work on them?
Match Thread - QPR v Hull on 17:14 - Aug 16 with 1303 viewsNov77

Match Thread - QPR v Hull on 17:06 - Aug 16 by TopCat34

Looked very unlucky today, but WHY oh WHY are corners always an issue. Do they just not work on them?

We had two cleared off the line because they had players on the line from our corners.

We conceded because we didn't have anyone on the line from theirs.

(And also because rio had his back to the ball when the cross came in).

Very frustrating as hull were about as poor as anyone we'll face this season.

Spuds next, then manure coming up.....big opportunity missed today.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Match Thread - QPR v Hull on 17:23 - Aug 16 with 1224 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Not to bothered. Can't really say Hull are poor when they will probably finish around 10th, we looked quite good and with players yet to come we can be fine. Certainly more promising than when we played Swansea

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread - QPR v Hull on 17:34 - Aug 16 with 1134 views08olesen

Thought we played very well first half and just lacked the fitness in the midfield from faurlin and mutch in the 2nd. Defence looks very solid a part from set pieces. Joey also needs to learn how to do a corner.

All in all quite positive. Remy looks good as usual and so does traore on the LWB. Simpson on the other hand was very average. We still need a quick central midfielder and we will do well.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Match Thread - QPR v Hull on 17:37 - Aug 16 with 1118 viewsstansleftfoot

That's pretty much Hull's game, absorb some pressure, take a look at the opposition and then see what you can nick, scam, cheat or create.
I think we were surprised how good we looked first half, when Hull pushed on a bit we were left behind.
We've been giving away goals from corners and dead balls at Championship and Premiership level for years now. We've done it with mediocre players, average players and now the worlds best...somebody might think something needs doing about it.
As for scoring from a Corner or dead ball we now start including penalties.
If only somebody would stay behind and practice delivery, even Barton who is shite with both long ball and dead ball, we might begin to offset the goals we give away.
Barton, because, he can't beat the first man, he hits it too slow and high, the ball spends too much time in the air....I think Hoddle will put an end to it...no worries it's only been five years or something.
Lot's of good new things, shame we've still got some of the bad old things. Good Progress, more work required.
Match Thread - QPR v Hull on 17:39 - Aug 16 with 1104 viewskysersosaqpr

Just got back and was interesting to follow thread thru match. Thought we were the better team for 60-70mins. Kept em down to 2 clear chances and had about 8or9 scoring chances ourselves. Absolutely hate losing but like most here take more positives than negatives.
Can see why Harry got Isla, poor Simpson wasn't sure what to do all afternoon. Expected a tad more from Mutch. Bartons excellent dead all's were gone today. Apart from that, all exceeded expectations. Liked the back 3; traore was a trooper; Ali nearly back to 100; Remy needs a couple more matches. Not sure about Charlie - give him ten game run.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024