Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. 00:37 - Sep 4 with 17464 viewsNov77

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-step-up-pursuit-of-40000-capacity-stadium

And website......

http://www.new-queens-park.co.uk

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 17:18 - Sep 4 with 2011 viewsTheBlob

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 15:00 - Sep 4 by SpiritofGregory

Depends on how much the council want Loftus Rd for social housing.

The "social housing" posture is just for PR.Do you honestly think that has been mooted for any other reason?The whole point of development in London is to move as many of that element out of the capital.A prime bit of real estate and you're going to put in social housing?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 17:20 - Sep 4 with 2004 viewsstansleftfoot

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 17:18 - Sep 4 by TheBlob

The "social housing" posture is just for PR.Do you honestly think that has been mooted for any other reason?The whole point of development in London is to move as many of that element out of the capital.A prime bit of real estate and you're going to put in social housing?

Social Housing ? Is that what I know as Staff Quarters?
David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 17:36 - Sep 4 with 1971 viewsnadera78

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 13:01 - Sep 4 by londonscottish

What, like this you mean?

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/qpr/cargiant_boss_rules_out_a_new_q

Taking into account that this is his view, and that he has an incredible amount of money at stake here, that's actually quite a damning piece about the club's owners and their attitude to this whole thing. Running around putting out press statements and pumping up the fans' expectations, but not actually doing anything concrete - it's alarmingly similar to the way they've operated the club.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2014 17:36]
David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 17:37 - Sep 4 with 1969 viewsNorthernr

Social/affordable housing is the biggest bloody nonsense in this city. One or two flats, still worth six figures, bunged in a corner somewhere, often with a separate gate or door for the inhabitants so the people with the money don't have to look at or smell the riff raff.

About as much chance of social and affordable housing being put on the Loftus Road site as a giant bouncy castle.
David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 17:42 - Sep 4 with 1958 viewsJamie

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 17:37 - Sep 4 by Northernr

Social/affordable housing is the biggest bloody nonsense in this city. One or two flats, still worth six figures, bunged in a corner somewhere, often with a separate gate or door for the inhabitants so the people with the money don't have to look at or smell the riff raff.

About as much chance of social and affordable housing being put on the Loftus Road site as a giant bouncy castle.

Well we've had Niko Krancjar on the Loftus Road site and he's big and bouncy..
(No subject) (n/t) on 17:49 - Sep 4 with 1944 viewsRangersAreBack

If it's built from the ground up then social housing must be included by law. However social housing can vary from riff raff to key workers to shared ownership.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2014 17:51]
David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 18:04 - Sep 4 with 1919 viewsAntti_Heinola

Car Giant Bouncy Castle?

Bare bones.

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 18:26 - Sep 4 with 1887 viewsQPR_John

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 11:02 - Sep 4 by TheBlob

Also a blind assumption that the occupants of the new housing will attend?

No but some of those at Wembley might
Login to get fewer ads

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 18:40 - Sep 4 with 1856 viewsFDC

As others have suggested, talk about what size ground QPR need is academic really, this is about the opportunities that a multi purpose complex in that part of London represents.

With that in mind, it would be fascinating to know what the Tune Group would do if this development was blocked.
David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 18:40 - Sep 4 with 1852 viewsted_hendrix

The 'team' that QPR have put together to move this forward contains some pretty big hitters.

As an aside the cost at today's rate for supplying and erecting structural steel is £1,700 per tonne lol, go and do a rough estimate of the total cost.
Then
Take into account the cost per cubic metre of removing contaminated soil of which that site will have plenty and Jesus wept you just wait until you get a reminder to re-new you're season ticket when and If the goddam place ever gets built.
Anyway, I'm off to order my Southampton ticket if I can find my way round the bloody QPR official site, I've never seen us beaten at that shit hole. (St Mary's that Is).

40,000 all seater, whatever

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 18:41 - Sep 4 with 1850 viewsTheBlob

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 18:26 - Sep 4 by QPR_John

No but some of those at Wembley might

After the '67 cup win we all thought attendances would blossom given there were supposed to be 80,000 Rangers fans out of 100k.It's the timing though isn't it?Had the new ground happened on the heels of the Wembley playoff things might have taken off.It's got to be a sustained set of performances now imo.

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 18:46 - Sep 4 with 1842 viewsqueensparker

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 17:36 - Sep 4 by nadera78

Taking into account that this is his view, and that he has an incredible amount of money at stake here, that's actually quite a damning piece about the club's owners and their attitude to this whole thing. Running around putting out press statements and pumping up the fans' expectations, but not actually doing anything concrete - it's alarmingly similar to the way they've operated the club.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2014 17:36]

I agree. I know all is fair in love and war and massive great big multi-million pound property deals in London, but we seem to be going about this entirely in public, not privately, which makes no sense. We're not buying Fabio Borini here, it's several leagues higher than that with a hell of a lot more at stake, including thousands of jobs and the future of a century-old football club.

Reading between the lines the Car Giant bloke is amenable to a deal, and is practically going out of his way not slag the club off too much in those quotes, but we've already openly managed to get to pistols at dawn with the biggest business in the area thanks to a load of unnecessary blabbing to the press without anything concrete in place at all.

Frankly, who do you believe when he says 2018 is an utter pipe dream? Car Giant or QPR? And if it's unrealistic, why are QPR putting it out there as a deadline? It's not as if anyone really cares about a few years here or there.

Don't get me wrong, I'm fully behind this, if we have to move then I'm delighted there's an option in the area (and this really is the last one unless London turns into Detroit in a dystopian future and everyone leaves). That's why it's so important we don't f--k it up.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2014 18:50]
David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 18:56 - Sep 4 with 1814 viewsTheBlob

I don't understand why you need a car front in that area - it's a kunt to get to.Far better off where it's less congested and has better links with the outside world.Who wants to go through mondo agg just to buy a second hand jam jar?

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 19:10 - Sep 4 with 1785 viewsTheBlob

45 acres?They're asking £1m for a little under a QUARTER of an acre(commercial land with planning permission) in that area.

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 19:20 - Sep 4 with 1764 views18StoneOfHoop

Concerned about the viability of a 40k capacity? Keep a very close eye on Brentford attendances when they move into their 20,000 seat bespoke new Lionel Road ground in August. Bearing in mind that their record attendance this century was 9,690 on the opening day of this season I just cannot see them getting anything north of that on a regular basis. If they somehow manage to do it with 3 other larger competing teams in a limited catchment area - promotions,give-aways,the way FFC done it - it'll give us a massive clue as to the possible viability of 40k for R's.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2014 21:21]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 19:25 - Sep 4 with 1752 viewsBrianMcCarthy

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 14:26 - Sep 4 by simmo

If it doesnt happen, I won't be shedding any tears. Money is made from TV an sponsorships now anyway, the ticket sales are negligible in the scheme of things. Apart from anything else I don't want to leave LR. I don't care about the fckin leg room, I love our little shit ground. Moving us to a huge stadium to help fund a residential money maker so the 15k that go week in week out can look at thousands of empty seats the next time we fck things up and have to play with the other 'FL72 schleps' is not what made me love this club so much.

Don't get me wrong, I am not against a new stadium per se, if it's done right and kept realistic, but the main reason they want a new ground is to make more money from corporates and by hosting fckin 1Direction gigs and Coldplay concerts. Fck that. I want a football ground, built for a football team with the sole purpose of providing a venue to watch sports. That's what Loftus Road is at the moment so unless you want to give me a slightly bigger version of that, in close proximity, you and every other person worried about the revenue stream can fck all the way off.

"but the main reason they want a new ground is to make more money from corporates and by hosting fckin 1Direction gigs and Coldplay concerts."

And because a new football ground is their pass into the property development world in a huge way, complete with active and fawning political support. It's Rangers is getting them that. We're the train they're riding, when they get to wherever they want to go it will be because of us. Then they'll alight and leave us discarded.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 19:40 - Sep 4 with 1730 viewsTheBlob

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 19:25 - Sep 4 by BrianMcCarthy

"but the main reason they want a new ground is to make more money from corporates and by hosting fckin 1Direction gigs and Coldplay concerts."

And because a new football ground is their pass into the property development world in a huge way, complete with active and fawning political support. It's Rangers is getting them that. We're the train they're riding, when they get to wherever they want to go it will be because of us. Then they'll alight and leave us discarded.

Bad day at the abattoir or something?

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 20:09 - Sep 4 with 1703 viewsBrianMcCarthy

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 19:40 - Sep 4 by TheBlob

Bad day at the abattoir or something?

No, Blob, it's just the way I see every Rangers since '87 and Bullstrode/Gregory. I'm not bitter, or even excited. It's just my considered outlook on our place in the billionaire business that has consumed all, even consumed Rangers.

Bill Power was, by all accounts, a gent as a Director and could be trusted to do the right thing for Rangers. The rest couldn't be trusted or can't at present, and if we say we trust them we're either fooling ourselves or each other. Whistling past the graveyard.

If the owners genuinely valued Rangers' history and culture above money then they would have consulted the people who know the club best -us -before announcing that 'we' were moving. They didn't. Having made that gigantic decision (the biggest decision in the history of our club, I would contend) without our input, they would've allowed a vote and/or published the full responses to the questionnaire that they eventually sent out. They didn't.

They didn't, because their minds have always been made up. They're moving us. That's it.

If you mightn't like the answer, then don't ask the question. If you want the truth, ask. They didn't ask.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 20:17 - Sep 4 with 1690 viewsYorkRanger

Maybe as part of a quid pro quo we could let Car a Giant have a shirt sponsorship.....

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 20:58 - Sep 4 with 1643 viewsTHEBUSH

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 10:10 - Sep 4 by DevonWhite

How? We won't be playing a playoff final every week. We've always taken big numbers to Wembley over the years and that whole time we've failed to regularly sell out Loftus Road.

How big a stadium would you prefer then ?
David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 21:27 - Sep 4 with 1615 viewsE17hoop

Most telling line is that Antony Spencer of SCD is overseeing the programme. When Arsenal built their stadium they had similar issues with established businesses in the area. There were objections from all over the place - residents, unions, the businesses themselves. It went to John Prescott and he signed off the CPOs to make the scheme happen. Spencer is tough and will make it happen.

Based on the size of the development, regeneration of a relatively dismal part of the area and rebuilding the station to meet the needs of HS2, I'd be really surprised if this didn't get signed off. Irrespective of the fact that CarGiant own the land, there is too much potential in the wider site for it not to happen.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 22:35 - Sep 4 with 1560 viewsbaz_qpr

Car Giant can't do diddly squat without planning permission, and lets not forget that the Mittals have put a lot of money into the olympics, the mayors projects and the political projects of other people. QPR is a stalking horse, it always has been. Yes car giant is a key landowner but they will do a deal in the end clearly what they want is a stake not a land sale
David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 23:34 - Sep 4 with 1468 viewsSpiritofGregory

Prime real estate Loftus Rd? Do you honestly think that rich people are going to want to live opposite the White City Estate? Craven Cottage and Stamford Bridge yes, not Loftus Rd. Have you seen the state of the immediate area around Loftus Rd, it's perfect for Council/HA tenancies. Hammersmith and Fulham have to find a way of emptying their B&Bs and Hostels.. We need the Council onside, we don't have a divine right to build a stadium on that site therefore Loftus Rd may have to be used as bait.

They'll probably build council flats on Loftus Rd and luxury flats/shared ownership in New Queens Park.
David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 07:25 - Sep 5 with 1394 viewsqueensparker

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 23:34 - Sep 4 by SpiritofGregory

Prime real estate Loftus Rd? Do you honestly think that rich people are going to want to live opposite the White City Estate? Craven Cottage and Stamford Bridge yes, not Loftus Rd. Have you seen the state of the immediate area around Loftus Rd, it's perfect for Council/HA tenancies. Hammersmith and Fulham have to find a way of emptying their B&Bs and Hostels.. We need the Council onside, we don't have a divine right to build a stadium on that site therefore Loftus Rd may have to be used as bait.

They'll probably build council flats on Loftus Rd and luxury flats/shared ownership in New Queens Park.

Have not seen that massive building that's just gone up next to the Janet Adegoke leisure centre?

How many council/HA tenants do you reckon are going to live in that?
[Post edited 5 Sep 2014 7:28]
David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 09:08 - Sep 5 with 1325 viewsTheBlob

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 23:34 - Sep 4 by SpiritofGregory

Time to take off those rose-tinted glasses.
If you wander through London You'll see areas of affluence cheek by jowl with social housing.That White City estate won't be there forever - trust me.There will eventually be " redevelopment" on the scale of the Elephant and Castle and the old Ferrier Estate at Kidbrooke.The agenda is very much about squeezing the "undesirables" out of London.Areas of Brixton,Brockley,Dulwich,Bermondsey which were no-go areas in my youth are hugely desirable now.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024