Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football league show 09:26 - Sep 7 with 9556 viewsG_Dale

It really pisses me off when they cancel it because of international breaks. Yes there is no championship and only half (ish) the league 1 fixtures on, but they should take this opportunity to focus on the lower half of the football league for a change.

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

Football league show on 09:28 - Sep 7 with 8167 viewselectricblue

Didnt you know that Div1 & Div2 dont exist......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Football league show on 09:36 - Sep 7 with 8142 viewsPotterDale

They reckon its in the contract with the league that FLS is only shown when The Championship play
Football league show on 09:39 - Sep 7 with 8132 viewsG_Dale

Anyone know if the goals are online anywhere?

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

Football league show on 09:41 - Sep 7 with 8127 viewsrichfoad32

Agreed. The Football League Show is good but tucked away in the graveyard slot of the schedule as a token gesture by the Beeb. What really gets on my tits is their knock-off version of Soccer Saturday, 'Final Score'??, when there are multiple goals going in around the country that go ignored by the presenters just so we can listen to Garth Crooks talking crap about a disputed free kick at Old Trafford.

The BBC and Five Live make all the right noises about being 'The home of football' and all that rubbish, but most of their commentators retain a very dismissive and patronising attitude to any football that doesn't involve the 'big' clubs.
Football league show on 09:55 - Sep 7 with 8063 viewsRooleyblue

I wanted to listen to 5 live yesterday after the games and turned on only to by met by commentary of the fooking tennis!
They had promoted non league day all week and then after the games ignored it.
How many football fans went to watch football yesterday, probably a lot more than wanted to listen to the tennis, it would have been nice for them to follow up with calls from lower league fans for a change.
The BBC virtually ignored the results yesterday on the news at ten, mentioning the rugby, tennis, golf and never even mentioned that ANY football had been played.
BBC = Elitist to the end (Oh and Liberal)
Football league show on 10:01 - Sep 7 with 8040 viewsTVOS1907

Totally agree with everything on this thread and I know this is only helpful to those with Sky Sports, but they have got a highlights show early evening tomorrow if you can't see the goals elsewhere.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Football league show on 10:08 - Sep 7 with 8018 viewsrichfoad32

Yup, 606 would be great if they dedicated a show to calls from lower league fans about games they were actually at rather than calls from Premiership 'fans' who've just witnessed a game from the comfort of their sofa....Normally though it goes summat like this:

Caller, "I was at the Luton game today when we beat Dagenham 4-3, it was fantastic!"....

Wrighty, "Er yeah, well that's great I fink, best of luck for the season. Anyway we've got a caller from Plymouth now who wants to talk about Liverpool".....
Football league show on 10:23 - Sep 7 with 7966 viewsR17ALE

Football league show on 09:55 - Sep 7 by Rooleyblue

I wanted to listen to 5 live yesterday after the games and turned on only to by met by commentary of the fooking tennis!
They had promoted non league day all week and then after the games ignored it.
How many football fans went to watch football yesterday, probably a lot more than wanted to listen to the tennis, it would have been nice for them to follow up with calls from lower league fans for a change.
The BBC virtually ignored the results yesterday on the news at ten, mentioning the rugby, tennis, golf and never even mentioned that ANY football had been played.
BBC = Elitist to the end (Oh and Liberal)

Totally agree. I hate the BBC with a passion. We all have to fork out circa £150 to give to the suits every year. They are unelected, set their own pay and agendas, and have molested our kids. The organisation needs destroying and folk should be able to opt out and keep their £150. I'm sure in this digital age, folk who opt out can have access denied to their tellies for the BBC Channels.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Login to get fewer ads

Football league show on 10:44 - Sep 7 with 7895 viewsboromat

Tweet from the club says the goals will be on YouTube from noon.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Football league show on 11:28 - Sep 7 with 7811 viewsDorsetDale

Football league show on 10:23 - Sep 7 by R17ALE

Totally agree. I hate the BBC with a passion. We all have to fork out circa £150 to give to the suits every year. They are unelected, set their own pay and agendas, and have molested our kids. The organisation needs destroying and folk should be able to opt out and keep their £150. I'm sure in this digital age, folk who opt out can have access denied to their tellies for the BBC Channels.

No, we don't have to fork out circa £150, those that do, do so voluntarily, under the threat of fines etc..
Stop paying, return their letters. Ignore threats, that's all they are - until you give them credence by interacting and believing they have jurisdiction over you, they don't!
If they send someone to your door and you're not feeling lonely, don't answer the door. If you choose to answer or do so by mistake, politely tell 'em to leave.
Simple.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Football league show on 11:36 - Sep 7 with 7791 viewselectricblue

Bang on...
The BBC need to tow the line and start going down the advertisement road....
£150+ a yr for utter garbage and for several channels we very rarely watch.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Football league show on 11:46 - Sep 7 with 7774 viewsSandyman

Awkward one this...

Radio 4 , Radio 6 , BBC 4, some brilliant comedy over the years and a history of stunning documentaries are signs of the good the BBC can do.

Being the propaganda mouthpiece for whoever is in government, "reality shows" , soap tat, Teletubbies , overpaid "jobs for the boys" executives and no football league show when they feel like it deserves no licence fee at all.
Football league show on 11:57 - Sep 7 with 7752 viewsKenBoon

Whatever bias they may have, i'd take their bias over whatever Rupert Murdoch wants me to believe.

They've not always done this either. Our game with Southampton was the feature game - and was the commentary game on Radio 5 - during an International Break.
Football league show on 12:07 - Sep 7 with 7731 viewsTVOS1907

Football league show on 11:57 - Sep 7 by KenBoon

Whatever bias they may have, i'd take their bias over whatever Rupert Murdoch wants me to believe.

They've not always done this either. Our game with Southampton was the feature game - and was the commentary game on Radio 5 - during an International Break.

That was in the first phase of their contract. 'The slump starts here' game was also on an international weekend, yet Clemmitt came to Spotland to do a feature on Dale v Chesterfield.

However, they will now probably come up with some feeble excuse that when the contract was re-negotiated, they could ignore the bottom two divisions on international weekends.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Football league show on 12:19 - Sep 7 with 7713 viewsCockneyDale

I couldn't agree more about the Football League Show and for what it's worth have complained to the BBC about it.

However, I couldn't disagree more about the BBC in general. I would far rather have their coverage of events than the equivalent of Fox News in the US. Perhaps like the NHS, we might not fully appreciate what we have unless it's gone. I know a few people that work for the bbc and they work hard to - in their cases - bring us tv news and radio iplayer. Neither is a suit and although he bbc has it's fair share of management (some might say a few too many), this is no different to any other organisation, media or otherwise. They're not self appointed though. I'm sure there can be an element of 'you need to know the right people' to get a lower level job, but again, isn't that the same in many places. Bbc interview boards are infamously rigorous in the industry.

Assuming the molestation reference refers to Savile: I'm not sure that a brush that can be used to tar a whole corporation.

There was a study a few years back which examined how much things we buy would go up in price to meet the increased advertising spend required to find the bbc via advertising. I can't remember the figures but it was a lot more than the licence fee. When you consider we get all the tv, radio and websites, I think it's great value and pay mine happily.
Football league show on 12:44 - Sep 7 with 7676 views442Dale

Being stuck inside in the pouring rain on the east coast yesterday afternoon meant options were limited so went for Talksport. Their coverage of the games in the bottom two division was top notch with reporters at many games and an actual analysis of what happened in the studio.

The FLS issue should be one of major embarrassment for those who work on the show. If they cared enough they'd be doing something to ensure the show is always on. We've had international weekends for forever now, so just sort it. Or don't and admit you don't care.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Football league show on 19:59 - Sep 7 with 7420 viewsboromat

Sky's goals on Sunday was on and showed all the goals from Saturday. Yes the analysis wasn't as in depth as it would have been with premiership games but at least they put on a show.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Football league show on 20:01 - Sep 7 with 7417 viewsCamdenDale

Cockknocker...
Football league show on 20:30 - Sep 7 with 7373 viewsD_Dale

Football league show on 09:39 - Sep 7 by G_Dale

Anyone know if the goals are online anywhere?

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-one/94
Football league show on 20:38 - Sep 7 with 7351 viewsD_Dale

Football league show on 10:44 - Sep 7 by boromat

Tweet from the club says the goals will be on YouTube from noon.

Football league show on 09:02 - Sep 8 with 7120 viewsmodelboydave

..anyway the FLS is s curse for dale this season. we havent won on it yet!!
which means i havent watched any of them, as i only watch it when dale win.

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

Football league show on 09:20 - Sep 8 with 7098 viewsJumeirahDale

Agree with CockneyDale - have a look at Fox News' coverage of Israel / Palestine (I can't stand Russell Brand, but he has taken them to pieces repeatedly on YouTube and done a very good job at riling them up). If you think the BBC are biased you are in for a shock!

On the FLS point though - 100% right, it's a disgrace that they can't be ar*ed to show non-PL football unless Cardiff or Forest are playing.
Football league show on 13:11 - Sep 8 with 6996 viewsParkinsGimp

It was a disgrace to cancell it, we are all football league teams and this was a chance to hightlight the lesser named ones. As for the actual show I think its utter pants, the presenters are morons and they spend far too much time smoozing their favourites.
But was looking forward to the goals and find out not on!
Got to see them on Goals extra or what ever its called on Sky. Matty Dones was class, the others were easily taken goals against a very poor defense LOL Looking good for finding 4 worse teams than us( which is my first priority this season) , Crewe, Crawley, and I believe sCUNThorpe are looking ropey along with Colchester.
Lets just keep going.
Football league show on 16:39 - Sep 8 with 6916 viewsrichfoad32

Yeah, Crawley's defending was awful for most of the goals but I thought at the time and watching it now what a good header Andrew's was. He's actually facing away from goal at the time and flicks his head backwards.....Jensen thought it was good anyway. Crap defending in not being quicker to cut out the cross but then we were getting crosses in at will throughout the second half, with varying degrees of accuracy :)
Football league show on 17:29 - Sep 8 with 6853 viewsjonesy

Football league show on 13:11 - Sep 8 by ParkinsGimp

It was a disgrace to cancell it, we are all football league teams and this was a chance to hightlight the lesser named ones. As for the actual show I think its utter pants, the presenters are morons and they spend far too much time smoozing their favourites.
But was looking forward to the goals and find out not on!
Got to see them on Goals extra or what ever its called on Sky. Matty Dones was class, the others were easily taken goals against a very poor defense LOL Looking good for finding 4 worse teams than us( which is my first priority this season) , Crewe, Crawley, and I believe sCUNThorpe are looking ropey along with Colchester.
Lets just keep going.

Thought the Vincenti goals were well taken. He placed the first perfectly after thinking about it and the header was down out of the goalies reach. Not easy goals. A class player.

Agree totally about the footy league show. A programme that benefits from recording and fast forwarding.

We mustn't get complacent. All the teams have time to improve.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024