Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just another game after all? 16:57 - Oct 4 with 3967 viewsolympicdale

Given all the build up to this game I was a bit disappointed with the atmosphere and general lack of banter, had a low key feel to it, and felt like it was just another game, and given all the hype it was quite flat.

Barnsley clearly wanted this game more, they never dominated fully, and clearly caught us on a bad day, they set up not to lose the game, playing an extremely high line and in the end got away with a fortunate win.

Life is a game of fate.

Just another game after all? on 23:39 - Oct 4 with 1018 viewsWhiteyBFC

I shat myself every time Hendo got the ball. But it never happened for him. Anyone suggesting he needs dropping is barmy.

Done was anonymous. Lund AWOL. Allen the best player in a Dale shirt by some distance, Vincenti next in line. The back four as a unit were dreadful. Looked nervous throughout. Logan although being huge, great keeper. His defence let him down a lot, none more so than for the goal. Dawson was just standard Dawson. Shit, dirty and caught up in the atmosphere.

We got the early lead, then soaked up your pressure, hit you on the break incessantly, should have had more than the one goal, and deserved our three points in a close game. There are ifs, buts and maybes, yes. Had you scored first etc. But you didn't. And the clear chances were all ours.

Luke Berry was the outstanding player on the pitch, with Cole and Hourihane close behind. Ramage was key though. Without him, as shown over September, our partner for Cranie is usually a walking timebomb.

You'll be fine this season. No worries of relegation. I think we'll both end up between 8th and 14th. Foundations laid. I look forward to welcoming you to Oakwell as we're both promoted in May.
Just another game after all? on 00:03 - Oct 5 with 979 viewsirisaln

Just another game after all? on 22:28 - Oct 4 by 442Dale

It's twelve. He didn't play in the JPT. And as he didn't score in the first two games it's five in ten games.

Two penalties as well. What was the own goal?

Sorry, wrong Henderson { Walsall }
Just another game after all? on 00:46 - Oct 5 with 942 viewsolympicdale

Just another game after all? on 22:03 - Oct 4 by irisaln

More lies it's 13 games.

One was an own goal and one a gifted penalty.

So it's 4 goals and 1 penalty in 13 games. NOT THAT GOOD!!!!

Learn to count or get back ti school.

learn ti spell or go back ti school.

Life is a game of fate.

Just another game after all? on 00:53 - Oct 5 with 934 viewsTVOS1907

Just another game after all? on 00:03 - Oct 5 by irisaln

Sorry, wrong Henderson { Walsall }

You mean the own goal from Stephen Dawson's shot, shortly after Henderson had hit the post with one of the most outrageous pieces of skill ever seen at Spotland?

And this came three days after he had hit the bar at Sheffield United with an equally outrageous piece of skill and ability.

Steve Taylor used to score (and miss) a lot of penalties.

Steve Whitehall used to score a lot of penalties.

We should have dropped them too.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Just another game after all? on 08:29 - Oct 5 with 869 viewsbazingadale

Just another game after all? on 23:39 - Oct 4 by WhiteyBFC

I shat myself every time Hendo got the ball. But it never happened for him. Anyone suggesting he needs dropping is barmy.

Done was anonymous. Lund AWOL. Allen the best player in a Dale shirt by some distance, Vincenti next in line. The back four as a unit were dreadful. Looked nervous throughout. Logan although being huge, great keeper. His defence let him down a lot, none more so than for the goal. Dawson was just standard Dawson. Shit, dirty and caught up in the atmosphere.

We got the early lead, then soaked up your pressure, hit you on the break incessantly, should have had more than the one goal, and deserved our three points in a close game. There are ifs, buts and maybes, yes. Had you scored first etc. But you didn't. And the clear chances were all ours.

Luke Berry was the outstanding player on the pitch, with Cole and Hourihane close behind. Ramage was key though. Without him, as shown over September, our partner for Cranie is usually a walking timebomb.

You'll be fine this season. No worries of relegation. I think we'll both end up between 8th and 14th. Foundations laid. I look forward to welcoming you to Oakwell as we're both promoted in May.

I'm sorry but the least we deserved from that game was a draw
Just another game after all? on 09:44 - Oct 5 with 816 viewsBigDaveMyCock

I thought Barnsley were the better side and deserved it. We didn't play that badly but couldn't break them down. Barnsley did break us down on a number of occasions but, man of the match, Logan kept us in it. Too many of our 'big' players didn't perform. Lancashire (awful in first half), Dawson and Hendo in particular.

I thought we got worse after the changes. Vincenti was one of our best players and was seeing a lot of the ball in that advanced left position he takes up. I couldn't understand why he was dragged off as he was the one Dale player Barnsley were struggling to cope with. I think Bunney touched the ball twice and his arrival must have been much appreciated by the Barnsley defence. Also, it surely has to be acknowledged now that if we're chasing a game Calvin Andrew is not the man to change things. We look far less threatening when he comes on in these situations.

Oh well, you can't win them all.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Just another game after all? on 10:08 - Oct 5 with 776 viewsdingdangblue

Just another game after all? on 09:44 - Oct 5 by BigDaveMyCock

I thought Barnsley were the better side and deserved it. We didn't play that badly but couldn't break them down. Barnsley did break us down on a number of occasions but, man of the match, Logan kept us in it. Too many of our 'big' players didn't perform. Lancashire (awful in first half), Dawson and Hendo in particular.

I thought we got worse after the changes. Vincenti was one of our best players and was seeing a lot of the ball in that advanced left position he takes up. I couldn't understand why he was dragged off as he was the one Dale player Barnsley were struggling to cope with. I think Bunney touched the ball twice and his arrival must have been much appreciated by the Barnsley defence. Also, it surely has to be acknowledged now that if we're chasing a game Calvin Andrew is not the man to change things. We look far less threatening when he comes on in these situations.

Oh well, you can't win them all.

I know they say don't change a winning team. The Eastham/Lancashire change was enforced, I could understand Rafferty coming back in at right back but can't for the life of me see how Lund could have been up to starting after 6 weeks injured. Very harsh on the Hery/Dawson/Allen combination that has been a revelation last month. Along with Hilly's comments about Lund going to find it difficult to get back in ? And Lund not committing himself to the club with the contract offer not taken up. Baffling and feel sorry for Hery.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Just another game after all? on 11:22 - Oct 5 with 704 viewsaleanddale

Cole ( Andy's son? ) best Barnsley player on the pitch by a country mile. The games Mom.

Lancashire had a nightmare afternoon he looked way off the pace and nervous as hell.

Dawson probably trying too hard - Vincenti should have scored at least one of two excellent chances although one was a quality save from turnbul.

We looked all at sea for large periods of the second half as Barnsley sat that deep the game could have been played on denehurst park!.

What a save from Logan from the pen! Awesome.

Onwards now JPT Tuesday then the international break before our next league game at Spotland.

Barnsley nowt special and we couldn't score sums up us and the afternoon.

Disappointed nothing to show for our efforts Hilly to put that right quickly I suspect.

Oh Hendo rested? Do me a favour!! Without doubt the sides talisman and heartbeat.
Login to get fewer ads

Just another game after all? on 11:45 - Oct 5 with 687 viewsYouTubeDale

A few people are saying that Logan was our MOM. But he cost us the point(s) in the end. He should have dominated the corner and stole the ball off the towering Ramage in mid air. This is one of the basic jobs of a goalkeeper if he has height. Lillis has got it in his locker but for some reason this is Logan's only, but vital, failing. He has been around enough to get this right, but I cannot understand why he hasn't mastered it. Don't get me wrong, I think he is a really good keeper, perhaps even better than Lillis overall. He has now saved two penalties in a row showing how good he is. His distribution wasn't the best yesterday but he has shown he can be good at it.

IF he had caught/punched that corner ball or got in the way of Ramage the game could have turned out very differently, WITHOUT the constant time wasting from Barnsley and therefore much more enjoyable. No, for me the MOM goes to Allen who didn't put a step wrong.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2014 11:56]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Just another game after all? on 12:03 - Oct 5 with 658 viewsRowZ

Barnsley deserved their win as they scored an early goal and then soaked up pressure whilst constantly time wasting, how Turnbull was not given 2 yellows is beyond me, 30 seconds to take every goal kick and 4 mins added on at the end?

But could you really watch that every week? I know I wouldn't be spending money to watch their football.

I was expecting much much more from Barnsley. They caught us on a bad day, most 'big clubs' would have beaten us 3 or 4 nil yesterday. Barnsley scraped it whilst spending the full game without the ball and on the ropes, they couldn't retain the ball at all, possesion stats must have been at least 60 40. From behind the TDS the Vincenti chance was a real sitter and such a shame it didn't go in as the game would have been completely different.

At the end of the day they needed it much more than us and maybe that showed. But we've had our off day now and they only come now and again under Hill. Unless they splash the cash we will finish above Barnsley this season, ball retention is key in this league and we have players all over the pitch who can do so and over a 46 game season that will prevail.
Just another game after all? on 12:52 - Oct 5 with 625 viewsdingdangblue

Just another game after all? on 12:03 - Oct 5 by RowZ

Barnsley deserved their win as they scored an early goal and then soaked up pressure whilst constantly time wasting, how Turnbull was not given 2 yellows is beyond me, 30 seconds to take every goal kick and 4 mins added on at the end?

But could you really watch that every week? I know I wouldn't be spending money to watch their football.

I was expecting much much more from Barnsley. They caught us on a bad day, most 'big clubs' would have beaten us 3 or 4 nil yesterday. Barnsley scraped it whilst spending the full game without the ball and on the ropes, they couldn't retain the ball at all, possesion stats must have been at least 60 40. From behind the TDS the Vincenti chance was a real sitter and such a shame it didn't go in as the game would have been completely different.

At the end of the day they needed it much more than us and maybe that showed. But we've had our off day now and they only come now and again under Hill. Unless they splash the cash we will finish above Barnsley this season, ball retention is key in this league and we have players all over the pitch who can do so and over a 46 game season that will prevail.

The Vincenti sitter was a great save! Possibly could have placed it a bit lower but nearly everything was done right. I thought it was in when he shot. Hendo's chance just after they scored was massive - 9 out of 10 times I'd back him to at least hit the target.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Just another game after all? on 20:17 - Oct 5 with 470 viewsWhiteyBFC

Just another game after all? on 12:03 - Oct 5 by RowZ

John Smiths?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024