Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
stand swap verdict 22:05 - Oct 7 with 5387 viewsbazingadale

After my night in the main stand due to the sandy closure I can honestly say I'll never be going in there again. My god it was a poor experience
stand swap verdict on 22:19 - Oct 7 with 3859 viewswindowsbug

Me neither.
stand swap verdict on 22:24 - Oct 7 with 3805 viewstazzydjr

There were lot of angry tourist who expressed themselves verbally during the match suppose to be our home ground not a swearing den, felt kinda embarrassed glad the mad experiment is over

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

stand swap verdict on 22:35 - Oct 7 with 3749 viewsBartRowou

It's disappointing that you didn't enjoy your change of stand but at least nobody fell over the skip in the Sandy which is the main thing.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

stand swap verdict on 23:07 - Oct 7 with 3627 viewswindowsbug

What are the odds on the skip still being there for the Gillingham game?
stand swap verdict on 01:42 - Oct 8 with 3502 viewsFred_Talbot

stand swap verdict on 22:35 - Oct 7 by BartRowou

It's disappointing that you didn't enjoy your change of stand but at least nobody fell over the skip in the Sandy which is the main thing.

Honestly think those who sit in the main stand have either a hearing complaint or zero knoweldge of music when comes down it i.e the Joy Division overated thread...as if Joy Division are overated. What nonsense

Where's Fred?

stand swap verdict on 01:45 - Oct 8 with 3488 viewsFred_Talbot

3 good songs?
I can name 20

Where's Fred?

stand swap verdict on 08:14 - Oct 8 with 3315 viewsAtThePeake

Weird one, as I felt the exact same way on my one game visit to the Sandy last year.

I honestly have no idea how anyone can get a real grasp of the game from there, genuinely the worst stand I've watched a Football League match from.

For what it's worth I think those that usually go in the Sandy should've tried the TDS last night. If people could stop romanticising the Sandy Lane then we could have the TDS creating a decent atmosphere and we'd be able to use the best stand in the ground as a home end. It would've been worth trying last night.

Tangled up in blue.

stand swap verdict on 08:48 - Oct 8 with 3278 viewsJimmyRustler

stand swap verdict on 08:14 - Oct 8 by AtThePeake

Weird one, as I felt the exact same way on my one game visit to the Sandy last year.

I honestly have no idea how anyone can get a real grasp of the game from there, genuinely the worst stand I've watched a Football League match from.

For what it's worth I think those that usually go in the Sandy should've tried the TDS last night. If people could stop romanticising the Sandy Lane then we could have the TDS creating a decent atmosphere and we'd be able to use the best stand in the ground as a home end. It would've been worth trying last night.

Unless you're at the very front (or an umpa lumpa) then the view is fine but the majority go in Sandy for the banter and atmosphere (myself included).

I also decided to try the main stand last night and the only thing I heard was a wet fart and loads of moaning. It really does seem like the stand for those who love a quiet night in with a 5000 piece jigsaw of the human anatomy.
Login to get fewer ads

stand swap verdict on 09:57 - Oct 8 with 3173 viewstazzydjr

So extremely abusive language is classed as banter in the sandy lane i never knew that it spoilt the atmosphere to be honest
[Post edited 8 Oct 2014 9:59]

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

stand swap verdict on 10:04 - Oct 8 with 3168 viewsoff2div1

Sandy for me every time, sat in main stand last night(cold knees and arse) standing the way forward will allways stand till my legs give up on me.
stand swap verdict on 10:06 - Oct 8 with 3165 views442Dale

stand swap verdict on 08:48 - Oct 8 by JimmyRustler

Unless you're at the very front (or an umpa lumpa) then the view is fine but the majority go in Sandy for the banter and atmosphere (myself included).

I also decided to try the main stand last night and the only thing I heard was a wet fart and loads of moaning. It really does seem like the stand for those who love a quiet night in with a 5000 piece jigsaw of the human anatomy.

It was a low crowd and a disappointing game. I'll be the first to comment when some in the main stand are being over-critical, but let's not pretend it doesn't happen in other areas of the ground. And yes, there's less atmosphere and singing but the backing the team has received from the main stand this season has been excellent.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

stand swap verdict on 10:11 - Oct 8 with 3153 views100569

stand swap verdict on 22:24 - Oct 7 by tazzydjr

There were lot of angry tourist who expressed themselves verbally during the match suppose to be our home ground not a swearing den, felt kinda embarrassed glad the mad experiment is over

Tazzy, I agree with you whole heartedly. There was a bloke on the row behind us who is a Sandy Laner and I have never heard such continual abuse. Every other word was a swear word and he was embarassing. Kids, women and generally decent folk around him. Stewards should at least have a word with him, they certainly could not have missed hearing him. Whoever you are go back to the Sandy and stay there.
stand swap verdict on 11:14 - Oct 8 with 3091 viewsMoonyDale

stand swap verdict on 10:11 - Oct 8 by 100569

Tazzy, I agree with you whole heartedly. There was a bloke on the row behind us who is a Sandy Laner and I have never heard such continual abuse. Every other word was a swear word and he was embarassing. Kids, women and generally decent folk around him. Stewards should at least have a word with him, they certainly could not have missed hearing him. Whoever you are go back to the Sandy and stay there.

Sounds like the same clown who stands at the rear of the Sandy swearing all through the game, at the ref and opposition players. He and his his cohort are a complete joke.....On the original question though, never ever again will I sit in the main stand....Horrible atmosphere and a numb arse by half time......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

stand swap verdict on 11:19 - Oct 8 with 3077 viewswindowsbug

stand swap verdict on 08:14 - Oct 8 by AtThePeake

Will you sitdowners finally understand that we, the Sandy laners WANT to stand.
Its nothing to do with the view. We actually like to stand.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2014 11:46]
stand swap verdict on 11:24 - Oct 8 with 3069 viewsNafelad

stand swap verdict on 11:14 - Oct 8 by MoonyDale

Sounds like the same clown who stands at the rear of the Sandy swearing all through the game, at the ref and opposition players. He and his his cohort are a complete joke.....On the original question though, never ever again will I sit in the main stand....Horrible atmosphere and a numb arse by half time......

'Numb arse' - seems to me that the Sandy Laner who swore a lot should continue to use the Sandy, or be a 'dumb arse' in future.

Topcat

stand swap verdict on 12:22 - Oct 8 with 2975 viewsBeckWMG

I went in the away end last night as I brought a mate who supported Walsall and he endured the Sandy with me when we stuffed them 4-0.

Superb view.

Still think a section should be opened to home supporters.
stand swap verdict on 13:01 - Oct 8 with 2888 viewsG_Dale

My stands better than your stand.

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

stand swap verdict on 14:25 - Oct 8 with 2774 views49thseason

Sat in main stand last night .. miserable experience. Seat backs uncomfortable with less knee room than a cheap Latvian airline and unfortunately you could hear the Tannoy system and I hope the bloke sat behind me (leaning forwards ) sorts out his work problems (which to be honest were more interesting that the football). Do regular sitters take their own cushions or have they all got serious cases of the Chalfont St Giles?
Went home with a bad back,cold knees, numb feet and partial deafness. If this is the future and at some point I am obliged to sit down at football matches at Spotland, I think I will have to seriously re-evaluate the cost/benefit of bothering to attend. Oh and we badly need a winger.
stand swap verdict on 15:02 - Oct 8 with 2726 views442Dale

It's safe to say that sticking any "equipment" in the Sandy might not be worth it in the future.

#skipgate
[Post edited 8 Oct 2014 15:02]

stand swap verdict on 00:06 - Oct 9 with 2412 viewsAtThePeake

stand swap verdict on 08:48 - Oct 8 by JimmyRustler

Or those who want the best view of the match without having to sit in the away end.

Tangled up in blue.

stand swap verdict on 11:14 - Oct 9 with 2292 viewsJimmyRustler

stand swap verdict on 00:06 - Oct 9 by AtThePeake

Or those who want the best view of the match without having to sit in the away end.

I'll happily sacrifice that view for the comfort, enjoyment and atmosphere of the Sandy. You certainly don't get the full match day experience in a graveyard like that.
stand swap verdict on 13:01 - Oct 9 with 2203 viewsValleySaddler

I sat in the Wilbutts as some long time freinds travelled up from Walsall.
It is by far the best view in the ground much better than my usual perch in Pearl Street.
Crying shame that the stand is awayfans only gripe paying more for me half time brew than in Pearl St......
I really wish something could be done to utilise the stand for Dale fans.
With away coaches parking on Ings Lane the congestion on Sandy Lane arguement surely isnt valid......
stand swap verdict on 13:55 - Oct 9 with 2157 views442Dale

stand swap verdict on 13:01 - Oct 9 by ValleySaddler

I sat in the Wilbutts as some long time freinds travelled up from Walsall.
It is by far the best view in the ground much better than my usual perch in Pearl Street.
Crying shame that the stand is awayfans only gripe paying more for me half time brew than in Pearl St......
I really wish something could be done to utilise the stand for Dale fans.
With away coaches parking on Ings Lane the congestion on Sandy Lane arguement surely isnt valid......

How much was your brew in there? It's £1.50 for hot drinks isn't it?

stand swap verdict on 14:16 - Oct 9 with 2123 viewsNafelad

stand swap verdict on 11:14 - Oct 9 by JimmyRustler

I'll happily sacrifice that view for the comfort, enjoyment and atmosphere of the Sandy. You certainly don't get the full match day experience in a graveyard like that.

Don,'t think the atmosphere in any stand can be judged on a Johnstone's Paints trophy match, with a crowd of around 1100!

Topcat

stand swap verdict on 15:40 - Oct 9 with 2065 viewsMoonyDale

stand swap verdict on 13:55 - Oct 9 by 442Dale

How much was your brew in there? It's £1.50 for hot drinks isn't it?

No they charge away fans more for pies and beverages....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024