Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA Cup first round draw 21:35 - Oct 24 with 10310 viewsDevonDale

Monday 27 October from 7pm on BBC 2 - Dale are ball number 37. Who do you want? If they win their tie tomorrow I'd want Willand Rovers away.
FA Cup first round draw on 17:08 - Oct 27 with 1575 viewsTVOS1907

FA Cup first round draw on 16:27 - Oct 27 by fermin

A reminder for those of you who book travel arrangements in advance (like me) that 8 games will be moved to Sunday according to this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/mediapacks/bbc-football-2014-15/fa-cup

I'm not sure if this figure includes the game(s) being broadcast live.

The media pack sent out by the FA today (all 40 pages of it), says 'a number of games will be moved to 2pm Sunday for as-live broadcasting', whatever that means.

So it might be eight or even more, but my guess is that eight is the maximum.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

FA Cup first round draw on 18:45 - Oct 27 with 1479 viewspnc4eva1

FA Cup first round draw on 18:09 - Oct 26 by D_Alien

It's sad you should think that.

I don't think we felt that when we beat Leeds last January. A great many of us felt it was magical. Were you there? Did you not feel it?

I suspect those connected with Warrington Town will be feeling magical today, having reached the first round proper for the first time in their history after beating a side two leagues further up the football pyramid.

I was there yes. It was great to beat Leeds b t the premiership big boys have devalued the competition in my eyes sending out reserve teams and not bothering until the quarter finals or semi finals

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

FA Cup first round draw on 18:53 - Oct 27 with 1459 viewselectricblue

AFC Fylde away....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

FA Cup first round draw on 18:56 - Oct 27 with 1452 viewsD_Alien

FA Cup first round draw on 18:45 - Oct 27 by pnc4eva1

I was there yes. It was great to beat Leeds b t the premiership big boys have devalued the competition in my eyes sending out reserve teams and not bothering until the quarter finals or semi finals

You're right in one respect, but it's always been like two competitions.

First, the qualifying rounds which leads to clubs like Warrington achieving something they thought might never happen, plus the first couple of rounds proper which gives us all the chance to have a tilt at the big boys, who've always fielded slightly weaker teams if up against sides from a couple of leagues below.

Then there's the last few rounds. This is where the competition has become devalued, with the same clubs winning year in year out. Having said that, it was refreshing that a club like Hull should reach the final and almost put one over one of the perennial favourites.last year.

Anyroads, I'm excited to see who we get in a few minutes!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024