Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v West Ham United Match Day Thread 23:49 - Jan 9 with 15551 viewsjackharris

This game is a complete sell out. West Ham Memories.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2015 23:49]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v West Ham United Match Day Thread on 16:40 - Jan 10 with 2847 viewsApeShit

We are just letting them batter our goal FFS!
The Official Swansea City v West Ham United Match Day Thread on 16:40 - Jan 10 with 2848 viewsIslander

our defending is woeful (Fab excepted)
The Official Swansea City v West Ham United Match Day Thread on 16:40 - Jan 10 with 2843 viewskarnataka

Would be disappointed not to get a point from this now.
The Official Swansea City v West Ham United Match Day Thread on 16:42 - Jan 10 with 2777 viewsBournedore

Gomis looks so much more confident now
The Official Swansea City v West Ham United Match Day Thread on 16:44 - Jan 10 with 2730 viewsdickythorpe

Fab making up for the errors he's made of late fair play
The Official Swansea City v West Ham United Match Day Thread on 16:46 - Jan 10 with 2645 viewsfootball2301

they been shit all year
The Official Swansea City v West Ham United Match Day Thread on 16:53 - Jan 10 with 2444 viewskarnataka

Glad to get a point considering how the game went. The first point of the post-Bony era so glad that is was Gomis who secured it.
The Official Swansea City v West Ham United Match Day Thread on 16:53 - Jan 10 with 2419 viewswaynekerr55

Fair play what a difference athletic full backs make to a team. Cresswell and Jenkinson have got lungs of steel

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v West Ham United Match Day Thread on 16:53 - Jan 10 with 2414 viewsRancid

The Official Swansea City v West Ham United Match Day Thread on 16:40 - Jan 10 by karnataka

Would be disappointed not to get a point from this now.

Point gained I reckon mate.
The Official Swansea City v West Ham United Match Day Thread on 16:56 - Jan 10 with 2326 viewsIslander

The Official Swansea City v West Ham United Match Day Thread on 16:53 - Jan 10 by Rancid

Point gained I reckon mate.

coulda shoulda taken all 3
The Official Swansea City v West Ham United Match Day Thread on 16:57 - Jan 10 with 2310 viewsNogginthenog

We looked a lot better with Barrow and Emnes on there. Gomis was excellent at times in that game. That's a great point to be fair. Taylor gave the wrong pass so many times though.
The Official Swansea City v West Ham United Match Day Thread on 16:57 - Jan 10 with 2281 viewsGroo

The Official Swansea City v West Ham United Match Day Thread on 16:56 - Jan 10 by Islander

coulda shoulda taken all 3

we were very luky at the end of the day to get a point.

Groo does what Groo does best

The Official Swansea City v West Ham United Match Day Thread on 16:59 - Jan 10 with 2251 viewssnork44

The Official Swansea City v West Ham United Match Day Thread on 16:12 - Jan 10 by blaine_scfc

No not at all, it's just my opinion he's not good enough to compete at this level at the moment. People on about selling jonjo to fund a move for Carroll. Must be off their heads.

Tom Carroll was the best outfield player on the pitch for us today!

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

The Official Swansea City v West Ham United Match Day Thread on 17:01 - Jan 10 with 2220 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Swansea City v West Ham United Match Day Thread on 16:57 - Jan 10 by Nogginthenog

We looked a lot better with Barrow and Emnes on there. Gomis was excellent at times in that game. That's a great point to be fair. Taylor gave the wrong pass so many times though.

Barrow looks a real prospect. He'll fill out over the next couple of years and if he keeps improving we'll have one hell of a player.

The Official Swansea City v West Ham United Match Day Thread on 17:04 - Jan 10 with 2166 viewsIslander

The Official Swansea City v West Ham United Match Day Thread on 16:59 - Jan 10 by snork44

Tom Carroll was the best outfield player on the pitch for us today!

agreed - with gomis close behind

TC v much a "swansea player" - plays with his head up, always looking and thinking ahead
The Official Swansea City v West Ham United Match Day Thread on 17:08 - Jan 10 with 2105 viewsQuakerJack

The Official Swansea City v West Ham United Match Day Thread on 17:01 - Jan 10 by waynekerr55

Barrow looks a real prospect. He'll fill out over the next couple of years and if he keeps improving we'll have one hell of a player.

Deserves to start... Nathan should be dropped.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

The Official Swansea City v West Ham United Match Day Thread on 17:17 - Jan 10 with 2017 viewsChrisSCFC

The Official Swansea City v West Ham United Match Day Thread on 16:57 - Jan 10 by Nogginthenog

As did Rangel. Disappointed with both FB's today.
The Official Swansea City v West Ham United Match Day Thread on 17:18 - Jan 10 with 2007 viewslondonlisa2001

I for one enjoyed that game thoroughly. Lots of attacking intent from us (and from them to be fair) - seemed to more the ball more quickly than we have been, particularly when Emnes ad Barrow came on. I'd like to see them given a chance to start now - for me, neither Dyer nor Routs did too much.

Fairly solid in defence although we allowed too many balls to come across - full back cover / starters needed for me in this window. I thought Fede coped well with Carroll overall - to be fair, his goal was excellent and not too much any defence could do about that, albeit that we had the chance to clear just before he gathered it for the second time. Tom Carroll did really well, as did Gomis - a bit more confidence and I can't see that we could do better than him as a replacement for Wilf this year. Also some nice touches from Oliveira - he looks like a smart buy (loan) as a player that could play up top, just behind or, it looks like he could play wider as well. He's quicker than I expected and a bit bigger too - liked the look of him although obviously early days.

All in all, a good game, could have gone either way and a draw was probably fair. And we pass 30 points - can't remember doing that before February previously (did we in the Cup win season?) Both teams look nailed on for a top 10 finish to me.
The Official Swansea City v West Ham United Match Day Thread on 17:25 - Jan 10 with 1921 viewsjackrabbit

Phew! I'll take that point. That was a game we looked like losing, especially up to the 62nd minute when Jenkinson was causing havoc for them down our left flank, and Dyer was doing absolutely nothing for us down our right flank. Then Monk made a great double substitution with Emnes (in his granddad's longjohns) and Barrow replacing the ineffective Routledge and Dyer. I still don't understand why Gylfi is taken off early. He was the one bit of midfield creativity. I would have thought that Carroll would have been a better one to replace - not that he had a bad game. However, I thought Oliveira looked good when he came on. SO glad Bafe got a goal - would have done his confidence good. He got better as the game went on and overall he had a very good game. Special mention for our Carroll who looked cool and collected and the much maligned Neil Taylor who saved us at the end from at least another 2 goals against.

A draw was a fair result in the end because West Ham are a good side. 30 points achieved - excellent
The Official Swansea City v West Ham United Match Day Thread on 17:40 - Jan 10 with 1806 viewskarnataka

Considering we were without Wilf, Ki & Shelvey, that's a decent point against a team currently in the top 5. Would have loved to have given them a real stuffing because I really don't like them but considering the players we had unavailable and who we were playing against, I think I'd have always settled for a draw. Certainly a much better performance than our last 2 games against them.
The Official Swansea City v West Ham United Match Day Thread on 17:48 - Jan 10 with 1752 viewsStarsky

The Official Swansea City v West Ham United Match Day Thread on 17:40 - Jan 10 by karnataka

Considering we were without Wilf, Ki & Shelvey, that's a decent point against a team currently in the top 5. Would have loved to have given them a real stuffing because I really don't like them but considering the players we had unavailable and who we were playing against, I think I'd have always settled for a draw. Certainly a much better performance than our last 2 games against them.

And without Montero

It's just the internet, init.

The Official Swansea City v West Ham United Match Day Thread on 17:51 - Jan 10 with 1734 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Swansea City v West Ham United Match Day Thread on 17:48 - Jan 10 by Starsky

And without Montero

Spot on. Their full backs have pace, and that makes one hell of a difference.

The Official Swansea City v West Ham United Match Day Thread on 17:54 - Jan 10 with 1715 viewssomersetsimon

The Official Swansea City v West Ham United Match Day Thread on 17:25 - Jan 10 by jackrabbit

Phew! I'll take that point. That was a game we looked like losing, especially up to the 62nd minute when Jenkinson was causing havoc for them down our left flank, and Dyer was doing absolutely nothing for us down our right flank. Then Monk made a great double substitution with Emnes (in his granddad's longjohns) and Barrow replacing the ineffective Routledge and Dyer. I still don't understand why Gylfi is taken off early. He was the one bit of midfield creativity. I would have thought that Carroll would have been a better one to replace - not that he had a bad game. However, I thought Oliveira looked good when he came on. SO glad Bafe got a goal - would have done his confidence good. He got better as the game went on and overall he had a very good game. Special mention for our Carroll who looked cool and collected and the much maligned Neil Taylor who saved us at the end from at least another 2 goals against.

A draw was a fair result in the end because West Ham are a good side. 30 points achieved - excellent

I didn't see any of the game today. Where did Emnes and Barrow play when they came on? I've seen them both play on the right and through the middle. Did one of them play on the left for Routledge?
The Official Swansea City v West Ham United Match Day Thread on 18:02 - Jan 10 with 1686 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Swansea City v West Ham United Match Day Thread on 17:54 - Jan 10 by somersetsimon

I didn't see any of the game today. Where did Emnes and Barrow play when they came on? I've seen them both play on the right and through the middle. Did one of them play on the left for Routledge?

Emnes on left wing Barrow on right. Both did more than the men they replaced (in my view).
The Official Swansea City v West Ham United Match Day Thread on 18:02 - Jan 10 with 1682 viewsStarsky

The Official Swansea City v West Ham United Match Day Thread on 17:54 - Jan 10 by somersetsimon

Emnes for Routs and Barrow for Dyer, same positions, much more effective

It's just the internet, init.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024