Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£20 million wasted 12:07 - Jan 18 with 4351 viewsWestonsuperR

I belive Mutch, Fer and Caulker cost us the combined total of around £20 mill in the Summer. As a group they have been so disappointing, Mutch has done almost nothing, Caulker fairly poor and struggling to hold down a first team place and Fer although clearly best of the 3 hasn't really done as much for us as I had hoped he would.

I remember Clive writing article stating these are exactly the sort of players we should be buying, especially Mutch and Caulker and I completly agreed. Can the blame for how poor these players have been lies with the coaching staff or Redknapp making what appears to be 3 mistakes with his transfer policy? It is easy to forget we spent £20 million here, ceartainly something Harry seems to conveniently forget when complaining about the squad and need for new players and I guess he is paying for his £20 mill mistake by now only being allowed loans.
£20 million wasted on 12:12 - Jan 18 with 3360 viewsBasingstokeR

I think its too early to say they are mistake signings.

We as a club do seem to have the exact opposite talent to one thats competent at "polishing turds"

The question i always have is - put the same player into Swansea or Saints team - would they be better?
£20 million wasted on 12:14 - Jan 18 with 3347 viewsRBlock

What? Caulker fairly poor? I'll have some of what your having mate. One bad game against Burnley does not a bad player make. For the rest of the season he has looked solid. Fer 'clearly' the best. You are absolutely off your rocker. Arguably he has been the worst. Big argument for Mutch taking that place but he has had a lot less of a run out and a chance in the first team.
£20 million wasted on 12:20 - Jan 18 with 3317 viewsgobbles

Rough on Caulker, I think he has been good in the main. Fer has flattered to deceive, but his lack of defensive effort v Man U was disgraceful
£20 million wasted on 12:28 - Jan 18 with 3270 viewsWestonsuperR

£20 million wasted on 12:20 - Jan 18 by gobbles

Rough on Caulker, I think he has been good in the main. Fer has flattered to deceive, but his lack of defensive effort v Man U was disgraceful

The expectations around Caulker were high, an England international and wanted by plenty of other teams, worth pointing out that even an ageing and desperately slow Dunne is being picked ahead of him.

I'm not a big fan of Fer but he is being played out of position and has contributed with some inportant goals, do agree defensively though he is no where near good enough.
£20 million wasted on 12:30 - Jan 18 with 3258 viewsBlue_Castello

Quick question how has SANDROSE managed to escape this post, that's another 6-10 million and probably the worst signing of all, maybe he will be fit for Stoke.

We bought the player with a known recent injury record, what appears a very minimal medical and then expect him to replicate his very best form when Harry had him at Spuds.

Bloody crazy transfer, he may come back and be our saviour but I'm not holding my breath and would rather take a sweepstake on how many weeks before his next injury.
£20 million wasted on 12:35 - Jan 18 with 3231 viewspaulparker

£20 million wasted on 12:30 - Jan 18 by Blue_Castello

Quick question how has SANDROSE managed to escape this post, that's another 6-10 million and probably the worst signing of all, maybe he will be fit for Stoke.

We bought the player with a known recent injury record, what appears a very minimal medical and then expect him to replicate his very best form when Harry had him at Spuds.

Bloody crazy transfer, he may come back and be our saviour but I'm not holding my breath and would rather take a sweepstake on how many weeks before his next injury.

Bang on, how HR escapes any media criticism over this signing is a mystery
The bloke is finished as a top level player yet we spend 6-10 million on him
Lansbury or Matt Ritchie would have been better signings for half the money
As for caulker & mutch they will come good it just needs to be under another manager & coaching team ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

£20 million wasted on 12:39 - Jan 18 with 3200 viewsJonDoeman

Yep with hindsight, the Summer recruitment was disastrous.

It Is What It Is !!

£20 million wasted on 12:57 - Jan 18 with 3130 viewsRanger78

It's an interesting one. Overall our summer recruitment has been poor..... Back to you know who but the 3 players mentioned baffle me. in the summer, I think they we're unanimously welcomed as good signings.

Although relegated last year, they were the stand out players in their teams.... what does it say about our set up that they fail to deliver with us.
Login to get fewer ads

£20 million wasted on 20:13 - Jan 18 with 2843 viewskingo

£20 million wasted on 12:39 - Jan 18 by JonDoeman

Yep with hindsight, the Summer recruitment was disastrous.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

For the record the only one that I am disappointed in is Mutch.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

£20 million wasted on 20:29 - Jan 18 with 2781 viewsAntti_Heinola

Caulker's been with Austin our most consistent performer and should be captain of the club within a couple of years if we're really going to build something. The least of our worries when we're talking about good and bad transfers.
As for Mutch, he's been injured and is clearly low on confidence, but I'm not willing to write off such a young player just yet. Some signings do take a long time to bed in for one reason or another. Fer has talent, it needs to be harnessed.
I'm not sure the players are necessarily the problem, individually speaking. Kranjcar, Rio, the re-signing of Zamora and the injury-prone Sandrose are far more serious ones anyway.

Bare bones.

£20 million wasted on 21:32 - Jan 18 with 2631 viewsstansleftfoot

Three good players looking troubled in the chaos of Harry Redknapps haphazard management.
£20 million being devalued rapidly week in, week out, there's not many players looking good in the Redknapp revolution.
It struck me that Karl Henry's pride is taking him to a level far and beyond expectations, a bit of the Dunne performance in the Championship final....that's all we are left with, Players pride in relation to careers, these young players will find it hard to dig down deep to find the resources in their fight for QPR.
Fer, out of position, recognised Dutch International, Caulker, future England International desperately exposed by a wandering Barton and a wayward Isla (wing half played as a Full Back ) Mutch, serious injury coming back into a poor QPR side.
These players are our future, I look forward to them be managed professionally and I bet they do too!
To me these players don't look like Redknapp signings....they are too good for that! They need help.
£20 million wasted on 21:39 - Jan 18 with 2612 views08olesen

We havnt signed a single bad player this year. They all have ability, but Mutch and Fer usually play out of position. They are all young and have the potential to be great for us i think. We just need to find a system which can get them playing where they want to.

Onhoua has to start though IMO, he looks good even against quick strikers, which cant really be said for the other CBs.

Isla for me has been the best signing so far. I love the energy he has, and even though he makes a few mistakes he looks a lot better going forward than simpson was.

Poll: Who will the other play off

£20 million wasted on 21:56 - Jan 18 with 2575 viewsYorkRanger

Let's not write off Caulker. As others have said he has looked pretty solid, although poor at Burnley
£20 million wasted on 22:19 - Jan 18 with 2525 viewseghamranger

Dunne cant play forever, so will be nedum and caulker as a main centre back pairing. Dunne has had a second wind... But cannot last more than this season
£20 million wasted on 22:24 - Jan 18 with 2517 viewsJigsore

I don't hate Kranjcar at all. He's a useful player when he's put in the right place in the right formation...its just a shame Harry still hasn't worked out how to do that despite buying him twice

the bloke played through a groin injury in the playoff semi against Wigan and again in the playoff final. he missed his last world cup because of that

@ all the others I think its unfair to judge them to harshly because of (lack of) playing time, injuries, playing in the wrong position (Fer out wide) or just been plain wrong (Caulker is a good player)

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

£20 million wasted on 22:25 - Jan 18 with 2515 viewsJamie

How many players who've performed elsewhere have to fail at QPR before people start to acknowledge it isn't the players...
£20 million wasted on 22:40 - Jan 18 with 2487 viewsstrikerace

I think Caulker has been one of our best, and steadiest, players. He was a great pickup.
£20 million wasted on 23:56 - Jan 18 with 2391 viewsPunteR

Caulkers a good signing,harsh that he was dropped after Burnley game.
Fer and Mutch are average signings that seem to be depreciating in value each game.

What really is a waste of money is Rio,SWP,Kranjcar and not playing Taarabt.
Signing Zarate on loan seems a waste at the moment as well.

[Post edited 19 Jan 2015 0:26]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

£20 million wasted on 02:37 - Jan 19 with 2291 viewsozexile

Am I the only person on this board who doesn't really rate Isla. Gives the ball away an awful lot. Much rather have kept Simpson.
£20 million wasted on 07:13 - Jan 19 with 2187 viewsBasingstokeR

Add an extra £4.18m plus bonuses and Bournemouth to London weekly petrol expenses to that £20mil wasted

1 Pep Guardiola, Bayern Munich, £14.8m
2 Jose Mourinho, Chelsea, £8.37m
3 Marcelo Lippi, Guangzhou, £8.34m
4 Arsene Wenger, Arsenal, £6.89m
5 Fabio Capello, Russia, £6.51m
6 Carlo Ancelotti, Real Madrid, £6.26m
7 David Moyes, Man United, £4.92m
8 Tata Martino, Barcelona, £4.5m
9 Jurgen Klopp, Borussia Dortmund, £3.59m
10 Manuel Pellegrini, Man City, £3.47m
11 Jorge Jesus, Benfica, £3.34m
12 Brendan Rodgers, Liverpool, £3.25m
13 Sam Allardyce, West Ham, £2.95m
13 Roy Hodgson, England, £2.95m
15 Roberto Mancini, Galatasaray, £2.92m
15 Rafa Benitez, Napoli, £2.92m
17 Luciano Spaletti, Zenit, £2.75m
18 Claudio Ranieri, Monaco, £2.5m
18 Laurent Blanc, PSG, £2.5m
18 Antonio Conte, Juventus, £2.5m
18 Cesare Prandelli, Italy, £2.5m
22 Massimiliano Allegri, Milan, £2.34m
23 Felipe Scolari, Brazil, £2.3m
24 Ottmar Hitzfeld, Switzerland, £2.17m
25 Mircea Lucescu, Shakhtar, £2.14m
26 Diego Simeone, Atletico Madrid, £2.09m
26 Harry Redknapp, QPR, £2.09m
26 Joachim Low, Germany, £2.09m
29 Walter Mazzarri, Inter Milan, £2m
30 Vecente del Bosque, Spain, £1.96m
£20 million wasted on 08:04 - Jan 19 with 2123 viewsJonDoeman

£20 million wasted on 20:13 - Jan 18 by kingo

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

For the record the only one that I am disappointed in is Mutch.

Yep, foresight is what is needed! Who could've predicted that Sandro would be injured for most of the time? We just don't seem to have strengthened the squad in the way that was required.

It Is What It Is !!

£20 million wasted on 08:31 - Jan 19 with 2080 viewsdaveB

I still think we signed some good players last summer. Mutch, Fer and Caulker have all done well at other clubs and Fer/Caulker have shown signs they could do well for us. I think Isla is a good player, Mccarthy a very good signing as a future keeper and even Niko as a back up player made sense. Problem was we again left ourselves too short of numbers up front and with no set idea on how we were going to fit these players in we've made decent players look worse than they are.
£20 million wasted on 08:58 - Jan 19 with 2018 viewschid

Don t forget sandro
£20 million wasted on 09:11 - Jan 19 with 1996 viewsQPunkR

On the subject of that waster Fer, I have to concede he is indeed being played out of position. However, he's been played in exactly that position for half a season now, so when is he actually going to show the first signs of understanding it?? And it's not as if he's a nippy striker being asked to play in goal either is it. No, he's a centre mid being played slightly wider. While they are different crafts, an international footballer should be able to start picking up at least the basics of the position after a bit of time playing there. He's shown not one iota of improving his understanding of the role.

QPR - "shit but local"

£20 million wasted on 09:16 - Jan 19 with 1982 viewsSomersetHoops

Of the ones in the OP I agreed with Clive that they looked like good signings. Problem is they owed Harry nothing and have probably looked at the coaching regime at QPR and realised its pretty poor. Something is fundamentally wrong as we continue to make promising players loose their promise and degenerate into worse players than when they joined. The same goes for our youth development. Its no wonder we aren't bringing young players through and promising youngsters would rather go to Brentford. This is one of the reasons why Redknapp must go. Other reasons are; lack of cohesive tactics, development of an unbalanced team, sending players to play out of position, having an attitude that hard games are lost before they start, taking a risk on knackered Sandros when risking a young keen forward could have benefited the club more and not being adventurous with substitutions i.e. send players out to try to protect a 1-0 loss.

Would anyone who wants Harry to stay tell me where any of the above is wrong.

Who's Next?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024