Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On another lighter note 12:05 - Mar 6 with 6189 viewsdanehoop

I think some of you may remember that I took my eldest autistic son to his first QPR game at the end of November for his birthday to see us beat Leicester 3-2.

I had some lovely feedback from the posting, for which thank you to everyone. The good news is that my son has been badgering me to go again since the first game which he found the whole experience amazing.

This Saturday he is coming with me again to see us play Spuds (the box office again being brilliant in helping sort out tickets). I have tried to explain that it might be a slightly less upbeat event this time, but he is still very keen and looking forward to the whole afternoon. The build up starts with the train journey to Waterloo at 1300, meeting Jude on arrival, followed by face paint and hot dogs (it helps autistic kids to have a clear routine and explanation of what will happen so they know what to expect and can prepare). Just hoping that QPR now win so I keep that part of the experience consistent for him.

Never knowingly understood

On another lighter note on 09:51 - Mar 8 with 1169 viewsfrancisbowles

'Why didn't they substitute the referee ....he was so bad'?

What a great question. Should put it into the current endless debate about refereeing competence.

Glad he is still an R
On another lighter note on 18:19 - Mar 8 with 1121 viewsterryb

Thank you Dane.

Great report.

BTW, how did you reply to the very sensible question of why wasn't the ref substituted?
On another lighter note on 20:19 - Mar 8 with 1094 viewsBrightonhoop

Great stuff Dane, well done.
On another lighter note on 20:54 - Mar 8 with 1084 viewsdanehoop

Terry,

I had no direct answer, but I am kind of use to hedging those type of questions that come from my two sons. They sort of remind you just how strange those things that you just take for granted might seem to an autistic child. They can have a different and wonderfully refreshing perspective, conversely it can also creates absolutes in how they address things.

With hindsight though I just wonder if there is something in it what he was thinking. If all the replay evidence shows that the Ref is having a nightmare, swop him with a linesman. Or alternatively just swop the positions between the 4 officials at half time. It avoids one person taking the blame and ensures that a single official doesn't have the ability to utterly ruin a game. It's just a thought, but whoever officials were yesterday probably should spend a long time looking at themselves after yesterday.

Never knowingly understood

On another lighter note on 21:06 - Mar 8 with 1082 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well done, Dane. Lovely post.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024