Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Re-naming the Liberty 19:59 - Apr 30 with 2856 viewscaerleon_jack

Apologies if this is a ferdy but been very busy in work recently.

The Ospreys have announced that next season they will be renaming the stadium after a randomly selected supporter who has held a season ticket for the last ten years. The have agreed this with Liberty Property Services (or whatever their full title is). This is, presumably, only for their games.

However, I was under the impression that we were in negotiations with various companies to become the new sponsor and name of the stadium - which I assumed would be for next season.

When does the contract end with Liberty?
Does this signal that the Ospreys are confident that we are not going to buy the stadium - or simply that they don't care if their publicity stunt is halted by the 'mean' Swans hierarchy when we point out that the stadium has a name that the sponsor have payed a pretty penny for?

Insert something witty here

Re-naming the Liberty on 20:03 - Apr 30 with 2827 viewsJackfath

http://www.ospreysrugby.com/Home/Page

I thought that must be a joke, but it's not. Dear God.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Re-naming the Liberty on 20:14 - Apr 30 with 2780 viewsexiledinenglandjack

I read it as its only for the game there a week on Friday
Re-naming the Liberty on 20:16 - Apr 30 with 2762 viewsJackfath

Re-naming the Liberty on 20:14 - Apr 30 by exiledinenglandjack

I read it as its only for the game there a week on Friday

Dear me, you're right. I should read the full articles before making a judgement.

"All supporters who have been a member for each of the 10 seasons at the Liberty Stadium to date, and have already renewed for 2015/16, will be entered into a draw, with one name selected at random to have the stadium temporarily named in honour them for the big Ospreys v Glasgow game on Friday 8th May."

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Re-naming the Liberty on 20:21 - Apr 30 with 2737 viewsdgt73

Re-naming the Liberty on 20:16 - Apr 30 by Jackfath

Dear me, you're right. I should read the full articles before making a judgement.

"All supporters who have been a member for each of the 10 seasons at the Liberty Stadium to date, and have already renewed for 2015/16, will be entered into a draw, with one name selected at random to have the stadium temporarily named in honour them for the big Ospreys v Glasgow game on Friday 8th May."

What a numpty ............

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Re-naming the Liberty on 20:22 - Apr 30 with 2736 viewscaerleon_jack

Ditto. Apologies. Brain frazzled and missed the bit about next Friday. Ignore me.

Re-naming the Liberty on 21:20 - Apr 30 with 2559 viewsloughor_jack

Wouldn't it be funny if the winner had a stupid name such as Ivor Biggun.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2015 21:21]

Re-naming the Liberty on 21:50 - Apr 30 with 2467 viewsDewi1jack

"Great backing from the stands."
What all 20 of them together?
At the same time?

Personally I actually think it's a pretty good idea and will give one supporter/ family possibly even more pride in their support of the egg chasers.
Just hope it's not a publicity stunt to be given to "a mate of someone on the Ospreys board/ favour returned etc."
Or am I starting to get far too cynical in life?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Re-naming the Liberty on 22:07 - Apr 30 with 2414 viewsDr_Winston

Re-naming the Liberty on 21:20 - Apr 30 by loughor_jack

Or Edward Graham Chaser.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Re-naming the Liberty on 22:23 - Apr 30 with 2374 viewsCooperman

Re-naming the Liberty on 22:07 - Apr 30 by Dr_Winston

Or Edward Graham Chaser.

Or joint winners from Scotland, Ben Doon & Phil McAvity.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Re-naming the Liberty on 04:05 - May 1 with 2203 viewsHumpty

Always good advice.
Re-naming the Liberty on 04:35 - May 1 with 2194 viewsThursday

Osprey supporters with season tickets for eleven consecutive seasons are automatically entered? The fans must be giddy with excitement what with the fifty-fifty odds.
Re-naming the Liberty on 09:17 - May 1 with 2073 viewsfather_jack

Re-naming the Liberty on 04:35 - May 1 by Thursday

Osprey supporters with season tickets for eleven consecutive seasons are automatically entered? The fans must be giddy with excitement what with the fifty-fifty odds.

blodwyn hughes stadium

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

Re-naming the Liberty on 10:03 - May 1 with 2018 viewsLord_Bony

The Ben Dover Stadium

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Re-naming the Liberty on 10:30 - May 1 with 1987 viewsClinton

Re-naming the Liberty on 04:35 - May 1 by Thursday

11 years, jeez, Cocket Lighthouse regulars no doubt.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Re-naming the Liberty on 10:35 - May 1 with 1970 viewsClinton

When does the contract with Liberty come to an end ?
How much per annum do they currently pay?

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Re-naming the Liberty on 10:36 - May 1 with 1970 viewsNookiejack

Re-naming the Liberty on 21:20 - Apr 30 by loughor_jack

The old one was Mike Hunt
Re-naming the Liberty on 10:44 - May 1 with 1955 viewsairedale

Re-naming the Liberty on 10:36 - May 1 by Nookiejack

Has anyone seen..........
Re-naming the Liberty on 15:17 - May 1 with 1787 viewsDafyddHuw

Shoulda been named The New Vetch from the get go, not selling our heritage for a pittance.
Fück egg chasers. Millwall named their new place The New Den. Can't believe they've got more class than us.

It's embarrassing changing the name of your stadium every time you get a new stadium sponsor.
Re-naming the Liberty on 15:24 - May 1 with 1779 viewsnantywatcher

or Isaac Hunt
Re-naming the Liberty on 15:26 - May 1 with 1777 viewsJohnw102

Re-naming the Liberty on 10:44 - May 1 by airedale

Has anyone seen..........

His brother Issac,

Just beat me Nanty!
[Post edited 1 May 2015 15:27]

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Re-naming the Liberty on 15:42 - May 1 with 1756 viewscaerleon_jack

Re-naming the Liberty on 15:17 - May 1 by DafyddHuw

Shoulda been named The New Vetch from the get go, not selling our heritage for a pittance.
Fück egg chasers. Millwall named their new place The New Den. Can't believe they've got more class than us.

It's embarrassing changing the name of your stadium every time you get a new stadium sponsor.

Ignoring the fact that it wasn't ours to name, don't be so naive to think that if someone had offered Millwall a chunk of cash to re-name it to the Copydex Den then they would have taken it, just like any club.

Re-naming the Liberty on 21:00 - May 1 with 1588 viewsGixerJack

Re-naming the Liberty on 10:36 - May 1 by Nookiejack

That announcement came over the tannoy in Tesco the other day... Oh you should have seen the other staff move.....
Re-naming the Liberty on 23:30 - May 1 with 1505 viewsCooperman

Re-naming the Liberty on 21:00 - May 1 by GixerJack

That announcement came over the tannoy in Tesco the other day... Oh you should have seen the other staff move.....

No obesity there then!

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024