Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrup - on the move again 13:15 - Jun 18 with 16509 viewsSweyns_Eye

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-boss-Michael-Laudrup-set-le

Does he have wanderlust or sand in the eye this time?

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

Laudrup - on the move again on 10:25 - Jun 21 with 1913 viewsraynor94

Laudrup - on the move again on 10:20 - Jun 21 by Private_Partz

Well he has been sacked as well so he has no always walked. He is different gravy. A great delegator and I suspect this does not go down well with some clubs.
I have already said I think that his team should lay down the ground rules at the start of contract negotiations as this would appear to be causing issues. I have also said that his stock is falling as a result and I think he is making the wrong decision to leave his current club and move upstairs to another (albeit much bigger) club.

In fairness there is no way he will get th Barca job, his name is just being used by a doomed to fail presidential candidate, it will be interesting to see who offers him a job

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Laudrup - on the move again on 10:26 - Jun 21 with 1913 viewsPrivate_Partz

Laudrup - on the move again on 15:58 - Jun 20 by Darran

Disillusioned?

F*cking Christ the tw*t needs to seriously get a life.

I seem to recall a certain poster on here bleating frequently ' no wonder I don't post much on here anymore'. ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Laudrup - on the move again on 10:35 - Jun 21 with 1892 viewsRancid

Laudrup's agent (spin doctor) loves linking his charge with huge jobs when he's out of work.Chelsea, Barca etc.Its to raise his stock but he'll end up nowhere near these type of clubs, realistically.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2015 10:36]
Laudrup - on the move again on 10:40 - Jun 21 with 1866 viewsPrivate_Partz

Laudrup - on the move again on 10:35 - Jun 21 by Rancid

Laudrup's agent (spin doctor) loves linking his charge with huge jobs when he's out of work.Chelsea, Barca etc.Its to raise his stock but he'll end up nowhere near these type of clubs, realistically.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2015 10:36]

I agree with most of that although it is not unusual for agents to spin a few porkies to start a bidding war and big up their client.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Laudrup - on the move again on 10:52 - Jun 21 with 1828 viewsDarran

Laudrup - on the move again on 10:26 - Jun 21 by Private_Partz

I seem to recall a certain poster on here bleating frequently ' no wonder I don't post much on here anymore'. ;-)

Well if you don't like it there's not a lot I can do about that but disillusioned like?
Seriously I'm sure there's millions of people in the world that would like to have the opportunity to be disillusioned for doing practically f*ck all a week and get paid several million a year for it.
It's a real shame that you've never been half as supportive of Monk though.
Honestly have a day off is it?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Laudrup - on the move again on 11:08 - Jun 21 with 1807 viewsPrivate_Partz

Laudrup - on the move again on 10:52 - Jun 21 by Darran

Well if you don't like it there's not a lot I can do about that but disillusioned like?
Seriously I'm sure there's millions of people in the world that would like to have the opportunity to be disillusioned for doing practically f*ck all a week and get paid several million a year for it.
It's a real shame that you've never been half as supportive of Monk though.
Honestly have a day off is it?

Wow lighten up mun. I was only joking. Have a look at the Cardiff city video. It cheered me up.
True I did not agree with the appointment of Monk, or the way it was done, but I have been nothing but supportive since so that comment is a bit daft to be honest.
Anyways I will expand a bit on ML. The guy has pots of money and football managment is almost like a hobby to him.
Very few people are in a postion where they have so much money they can walk if they fall out with their employers. Most of us have to sit and take the sh!te as our jobs and family welfare are so important. I have been there and I sympathise with all those many people in that situation now.
Not so with ML. If his employers start giving him what he perceives as grief he walks. Just to repeat myself again, I think this is his undoing as his stock is falling as a result. I think he and his team have failed to set out his stall clearly during contract negotiations.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2015 11:14]

Laudrup - on the move again on 11:14 - Jun 21 with 1788 viewsRancid

Laudrup - on the move again on 11:08 - Jun 21 by Private_Partz

Wow lighten up mun. I was only joking. Have a look at the Cardiff city video. It cheered me up.
True I did not agree with the appointment of Monk, or the way it was done, but I have been nothing but supportive since so that comment is a bit daft to be honest.
Anyways I will expand a bit on ML. The guy has pots of money and football managment is almost like a hobby to him.
Very few people are in a postion where they have so much money they can walk if they fall out with their employers. Most of us have to sit and take the sh!te as our jobs and family welfare are so important. I have been there and I sympathise with all those many people in that situation now.
Not so with ML. If his employers start giving him what he perceives as grief he walks. Just to repeat myself again, I think this is his undoing as his stock is falling as a result. I think he and his team have failed to set out his stall clearly during contract negotiations.

That's a fair bit of backtracking there mate but i couldn't agree more with you.
Laudrup - on the move again on 11:15 - Jun 21 with 1782 viewsDarran

Laudrup - on the move again on 11:08 - Jun 21 by Private_Partz

I couldn't be lighter if I tried.
Have a great day I'm off out.

Login to get fewer ads

Laudrup - on the move again on 11:16 - Jun 21 with 1777 viewsPrivate_Partz

Laudrup - on the move again on 11:14 - Jun 21 by Rancid

That's a fair bit of backtracking there mate but i couldn't agree more with you.

I have not back tracked whatsoever.
Now are you prepared to expand upon your 'football circles'. ;-)

Laudrup - on the move again on 11:19 - Jun 21 with 1766 viewsPrivate_Partz

Laudrup - on the move again on 11:15 - Jun 21 by Darran

I couldn't be lighter if I tried.
Have a great day I'm off out.

Good idea. Get some fresh air :-)

Laudrup - on the move again on 11:30 - Jun 21 with 1745 viewsRancid

Laudrup - on the move again on 11:16 - Jun 21 by Private_Partz

I have not back tracked whatsoever.
Now are you prepared to expand upon your 'football circles'. ;-)

If you want me too then yes..He left Brondby under a cloud and left them in the lurch when he was expected to sign a new deal.He done pretty much the same at Getafe and walked out unexpectedly after 1 season.He then agreed to take over at Panathinaikos but turned it down when they refused a clause in his contract that he could walk away at any given time.

He then went to Spartak and was sacked after 7 months due to poor performances and results.Then it was Real Mallorca where he quit again having fallen out with the board when they wanted his assistant out.

It was the Swans next and we're all familiar of how that went in the end.He then lasted a year in Qatar before quitting once more.

I think there's enough evidence there to suggest he has a certain reputation in 'football circles' of letting clubs down and walking when the going gets tough.
Laudrup - on the move again on 11:38 - Jun 21 with 1725 viewsraynor94

Laudrup - on the move again on 11:30 - Jun 21 by Rancid

If you want me too then yes..He left Brondby under a cloud and left them in the lurch when he was expected to sign a new deal.He done pretty much the same at Getafe and walked out unexpectedly after 1 season.He then agreed to take over at Panathinaikos but turned it down when they refused a clause in his contract that he could walk away at any given time.

He then went to Spartak and was sacked after 7 months due to poor performances and results.Then it was Real Mallorca where he quit again having fallen out with the board when they wanted his assistant out.

It was the Swans next and we're all familiar of how that went in the end.He then lasted a year in Qatar before quitting once more.

I think there's enough evidence there to suggest he has a certain reputation in 'football circles' of letting clubs down and walking when the going gets tough.

I'm quite frankly amazed at the pining for him on here, I honestly don't think he's a very nice man and one who can be trusted, thank you Sir Huw

Laudrup - on the move again on 11:42 - Jun 21 with 1708 viewsDarran

Yes but have you got any proof?

Laudrup - on the move again on 11:51 - Jun 21 with 1693 viewsRancid

Laudrup - on the move again on 11:38 - Jun 21 by raynor94

I'm quite frankly amazed at the pining for him on here, I honestly don't think he's a very nice man and one who can be trusted, thank you Sir Huw

I met him at the centenary night just after he'd joined and you could see then he was aloof and didn't look like he wanted to be there.I put it down to shyness at the time as he was being heralded as the greatest thing since sliced bread that night.There's certainly an air of ''I'm Michael Laudrup'' and you're all below me aura surrounding him.That Capital One Cup looked certainly below him the way he was holding it that day.You'd think the whole team had pissed in it the way he was holding it.

There's no getting away from the fact he gave us our best ever season to date and for that we're all grateful but as a man I don't think he's very affable.
Laudrup - on the move again on 12:00 - Jun 21 with 1675 viewsskippyjack

In all fairness..Laudrup wanted a pay rise after winning the league.. They refused so he left..
[Post edited 21 Jun 2015 12:05]

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Laudrup - on the move again on 12:03 - Jun 21 with 1663 viewsRancid

Laudrup - on the move again on 12:00 - Jun 21 by skippyjack

In all fairness..Laudrup wanted a pay rise after winning the league.. They refused so he left..
[Post edited 21 Jun 2015 12:05]

It'll be Laudrup's fault if we don't get him.
Laudrup - on the move again on 14:38 - Jun 21 with 1586 viewsPrivate_Partz

Well I see where you are coming from but surely there is no disputing the number of clubs he has managed. The actual argument related to being ..... Well whatever Darren called him. There is no disputing the number of clubs he has had and his stock has fallen. Note I am not back tracking. I am repeating the same thing as I think his reputation is damaged so we agree on that one.
He is in fact well respected in football circles. Even our own Chairman thinks so.

Laudrup - on the move again on 14:40 - Jun 21 with 1579 viewsperchrockjack

Can only speak of those I met in speedway and without exception an arrogant lofty bunch clearly believing they are above most

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Laudrup - on the move again on 14:43 - Jun 21 with 1578 viewsPrivate_Partz

Laudrup - on the move again on 11:38 - Jun 21 by raynor94

Huw does not agree with you. It was football reasons we parted company.
No one is pining. We are discussing ML's latest move and what the future holds for him. I am sure we would do the same for Bryan Flynn if he took up a new post or was appointed a DOF.
ML is an ex manager and worthy of discussion.

Laudrup - on the move again on 14:45 - Jun 21 with 1573 viewsPrivate_Partz

Laudrup - on the move again on 14:40 - Jun 21 by perchrockjack

Can only speak of those I met in speedway and without exception an arrogant lofty bunch clearly believing they are above most

I will have a pint of whatever you are drinking ;-)

Laudrup - on the move again on 14:49 - Jun 21 with 1563 viewsPrivate_Partz

Laudrup - on the move again on 11:51 - Jun 21 by Rancid

I met him at the centenary night just after he'd joined and you could see then he was aloof and didn't look like he wanted to be there.I put it down to shyness at the time as he was being heralded as the greatest thing since sliced bread that night.There's certainly an air of ''I'm Michael Laudrup'' and you're all below me aura surrounding him.That Capital One Cup looked certainly below him the way he was holding it that day.You'd think the whole team had pissed in it the way he was holding it.

There's no getting away from the fact he gave us our best ever season to date and for that we're all grateful but as a man I don't think he's very affable.

Shyness and arrogance are easy to mix up. I put it down to letting the players have the glory. But you have first hand experience of him I don't. But yours was only brief and your interpretation. I am sure Darren has many a tale to tell in a similar vein.
All about opinions in the end as none of us know the truth unless we are constantly in the ML circles and none of us are.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2015 14:54]

Laudrup - on the move again on 15:08 - Jun 21 with 1533 viewsPrivate_Partz

Laudrup - on the move again on 11:42 - Jun 21 by Darran

Yes but have you got any proof?

You love playing gangs ;-) the number of clubs he has had has never been disputed by me. All I have suggested is he is different type of manager and has made errors affecting his stock. What I dispute is the character assasination that you and a few others have posted when in fact it is only your opinion. So far I have had GM, Tatey, you and Rancid. There will be plenty of posters on here backing you up just as there are those with similar views to me. With the greatest respect to us all we are hardly 'football circles'.
His reputation as a person seems to be in tact in the football world and even our Chariman is of that opinion.
If I stop repeating myself it will be because I can't be arsed not disillusioned. :-)

Laudrup - on the move again on 15:46 - Jun 21 with 1506 viewsraynor94

Laudrup - on the move again on 14:43 - Jun 21 by Private_Partz

Huw does not agree with you. It was football reasons we parted company.
No one is pining. We are discussing ML's latest move and what the future holds for him. I am sure we would do the same for Bryan Flynn if he took up a new post or was appointed a DOF.
ML is an ex manager and worthy of discussion.

Well seeing as it was four month after his sacking that a compensation package was agreed Huw was hardly going to come out and say what he really thought of him as a person, I'll stick with my he couldn't give a toss attitude towards the end, and could well have relegated us as the dressing room was totally lost, looking forward to reading some autobiography of time here

Laudrup - on the move again on 16:09 - Jun 21 with 1477 viewsAndyNak

I also met him at the Centenary Dinner and must say I thought completely the opposite. I'm certainly not one that wants him back at all and thought the time was right when he left, however at the dinner he came across as a complete gent, had time for everyone and spoke very well - especially considering he had been whisked in the week before and had to speak on our100 years of history. I had a pic with him, the old man cocked it up and so had to go back over and ask for another - he couldnt have been nicer about it

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

Laudrup - on the move again on 16:17 - Jun 21 with 1467 viewsDarran

Laudrup - on the move again on 16:09 - Jun 21 by AndyNak

I also met him at the Centenary Dinner and must say I thought completely the opposite. I'm certainly not one that wants him back at all and thought the time was right when he left, however at the dinner he came across as a complete gent, had time for everyone and spoke very well - especially considering he had been whisked in the week before and had to speak on our100 years of history. I had a pic with him, the old man cocked it up and so had to go back over and ask for another - he couldnt have been nicer about it

Most psychopaths are like that Andy.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024