Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrup - on the move again 13:15 - Jun 18 with 16508 viewsSweyns_Eye

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-boss-Michael-Laudrup-set-le

Does he have wanderlust or sand in the eye this time?

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

Laudrup - on the move again on 18:26 - Jun 19 with 2320 viewsPrivate_Partz

Laudrup - on the move again on 10:30 - Jun 19 by raynor94

You do sound like a dumped teenager here , I'm still not convinced we would have avoided relegation had he stayed, great player good first season here, then he lost interest like always does, weird man

Not at all. Check out Another John's post above. That sums up exactly my view and he says it much more eloquently than I can :-)
[Post edited 19 Jun 2015 18:27]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Laudrup - on the move again on 18:43 - Jun 19 with 2293 viewsicecoldjack

Every manager here in the last 10 yrs has had the benifit of what his predecessor did, Monk got to spend alot of money on proven quality, something that no other swans manager could do.

Consider Laudrup brought in chico,michu and JDG(loan) for practically peanuts it gave us the ability to move to the next level.

I've always maintained on this board and elsewhere that the dream would have been Laudrup and Monk together, the profile would have been perfect for us to continue avoiding paying top dollar because players would want to play for Laudrup and Monk could have cracked on and got his hands dirty on the coaching front . In reality that was never going to happen though .

I didn't like the way things were handled either but its now all in the past, i said at the time that monk deserves support and while he seems handy with a blade there is no doubt he has taken to the job really well considering his lack of experience.

Craig Bellamy is no mug and says it like it is, his words were,while working with Monk doing coaching badges that Garry is just a pure natural at the job, it seems the board got it spot on once again.

The board backed monk fantastically well, lets be honest, i don't think any other manager would have been given Gomis,Siggy,Montero,Fernandez,Fabianski,Naughton and Cork to suppliment an already proven team .

I loved Laudrup at the Swans, it was the stuff of dreams, it was a shame that he didn't get the required support but maybe there was a reason for it ?

It's the Sousa thing again .

All in all, Laudrup is being looked at as a football director at Barcelona and Sousa is looking at being manager florentina so ultimately its not ability but a certain personality that is required to work at Swansea longer term.

Onwards and upwards now init !
Laudrup - on the move again on 18:44 - Jun 19 with 2293 viewsDarran

Laudrup - on the move again on 18:26 - Jun 19 by Private_Partz

Not at all. Check out Another John's post above. That sums up exactly my view and he says it much more eloquently than I can :-)
[Post edited 19 Jun 2015 18:27]

What's wrong with speaking the truth? The bloke had a brilliant 'one' season with us winning the only major trophy in our history but he's an ignorant awkward churlish tw*t.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Laudrup - on the move again on 18:54 - Jun 19 with 2281 viewsicecoldjack

Laudrup - on the move again on 18:44 - Jun 19 by Darran

What's wrong with speaking the truth? The bloke had a brilliant 'one' season with us winning the only major trophy in our history but he's an ignorant awkward churlish tw*t.

Is it the truth though, you have plenty of form for telling blatent lies on this board don't you ?
Laudrup - on the move again on 19:01 - Jun 19 with 2268 viewsDarran

Laudrup - on the move again on 18:54 - Jun 19 by icecoldjack

Is it the truth though, you have plenty of form for telling blatent lies on this board don't you ?

Everyone else is lying too then.

Laudrup - on the move again on 19:02 - Jun 19 with 2268 viewsDr_Winston

Laudrup's downfall was entirely self inflicted, and the tale of his managerial career will be one of missed opportunity for potential greatness.

He could have been great. The first 7-8 months was. After that a parting of the ways became almost inevitable due to his increasing lack of interest and reliance on dodgy mates.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Laudrup - on the move again on 19:15 - Jun 19 with 2239 viewsDarran

Laudrup - on the move again on 19:02 - Jun 19 by Dr_Winston

Laudrup's downfall was entirely self inflicted, and the tale of his managerial career will be one of missed opportunity for potential greatness.

He could have been great. The first 7-8 months was. After that a parting of the ways became almost inevitable due to his increasing lack of interest and reliance on dodgy mates.

Stop lying.

Laudrup - on the move again on 20:06 - Jun 19 with 2214 viewsAnotherJohn

Going back to the question of why ML did not like the contract, I wonder whether the Barcelona story might give a clue. Was it that he couldn't get the release clause he wanted?
Login to get fewer ads

Laudrup - on the move again on 20:11 - Jun 19 with 2197 viewsmonmouth

Laudrup - on the move again on 20:06 - Jun 19 by AnotherJohn

Going back to the question of why ML did not like the contract, I wonder whether the Barcelona story might give a clue. Was it that he couldn't get the release clause he wanted?

Well he needs to make up his mind. He called a press conference to whine about the release clause we gave him, the moaning donger.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Laudrup - on the move again on 20:11 - Jun 19 with 2197 viewsraynor94

Laudrup - on the move again on 20:06 - Jun 19 by AnotherJohn

The Barcelona offer is depending on a new president coming in, who according to the media hasn't a chance of winning

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Laudrup - on the move again on 20:15 - Jun 19 with 2183 viewsmonmouth

Laudrup - on the move again on 20:11 - Jun 19 by raynor94

The Barcelona offer is depending on a new president coming in, who according to the media hasn't a chance of winning

Presumably the barca offer is also contingent on them taking leave of their senses? Unless it's merely titular. That would suit him and Tutu down to the ground.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Laudrup - on the move again on 21:49 - Jun 19 with 2106 viewswaynekerr55

Laudrup - on the move again on 19:02 - Jun 19 by Dr_Winston

My question is what exactly Titimilk has over him.

I wouldn't employ that c*nt to mop toilets

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Laudrup - on the move again on 22:05 - Jun 19 with 2079 viewsCooperman

Laudrup - on the move again on 21:49 - Jun 19 by waynekerr55

My question is what exactly Titimilk has over him.

I wouldn't employ that c*nt to mop toilets

It's a very strange relationship and somewhat damaging to ML's image.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Laudrup - on the move again on 02:52 - Jun 20 with 2021 viewsDavillin

Laudrup - on the move again on 18:43 - Jun 19 by icecoldjack

Every manager here in the last 10 yrs has had the benifit of what his predecessor did, Monk got to spend alot of money on proven quality, something that no other swans manager could do.

Consider Laudrup brought in chico,michu and JDG(loan) for practically peanuts it gave us the ability to move to the next level.

I've always maintained on this board and elsewhere that the dream would have been Laudrup and Monk together, the profile would have been perfect for us to continue avoiding paying top dollar because players would want to play for Laudrup and Monk could have cracked on and got his hands dirty on the coaching front . In reality that was never going to happen though .

I didn't like the way things were handled either but its now all in the past, i said at the time that monk deserves support and while he seems handy with a blade there is no doubt he has taken to the job really well considering his lack of experience.

Craig Bellamy is no mug and says it like it is, his words were,while working with Monk doing coaching badges that Garry is just a pure natural at the job, it seems the board got it spot on once again.

The board backed monk fantastically well, lets be honest, i don't think any other manager would have been given Gomis,Siggy,Montero,Fernandez,Fabianski,Naughton and Cork to suppliment an already proven team .

I loved Laudrup at the Swans, it was the stuff of dreams, it was a shame that he didn't get the required support but maybe there was a reason for it ?

All in all, Laudrup is being looked at as a football director at Barcelona and Sousa is looking at being manager florentina so ultimately its not ability but a certain personality that is required to work at Swansea longer term.

Except for that part of your third paragraph where you attempt to predict the past -- which, as I always say is at least as difficult as predicting the future -- I agree with your post.

Well thought out and well-presented. Thanks.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Laudrup - on the move again on 12:50 - Jun 20 with 1960 viewsPrivate_Partz

Laudrup - on the move again on 18:44 - Jun 19 by Darran

Nothing wrong in offering an opinion. An opinion can only be that unless you have something to back it up with. I have an opinion and it is different to yours. The truth is another matter and I am always prepared to back down when faced with it. This has not happened yet, although something may transpire in this thread as I pick my way through it ;-).

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Laudrup - on the move again on 12:52 - Jun 20 with 1955 viewsPrivate_Partz

Laudrup - on the move again on 18:43 - Jun 19 by icecoldjack

Absolutely spot on a on as usual. You and Another John save me a hell of a lot of posting ;-)

Laudrup - on the move again on 13:00 - Jun 20 with 1947 viewsPrivate_Partz

Laudrup - on the move again on 22:05 - Jun 19 by Cooperman

It's a very strange relationship and somewhat damaging to ML's image.

It seems to me he has total faith in his agent and uses him to wheel and deal in the transfer market. It would seem that this was not made clear when he was appointed as our manager. There does not seem to have been much if an issue in relation to this with regards to his last post.
DOF at Barcelona as a next move? Being a hands on trainer / coach I doubt this will suit him. Seems to me he is winding down, moving upstairs and getting a large pay packet to boot. A shame as I think as he still has a lot to offer the game IMHO. I Am more than aware there are plenty on here who disagree with me though. ;-)

Laudrup - on the move again on 13:11 - Jun 20 with 1937 viewswaynekerr55

Laudrup - on the move again on 13:00 - Jun 20 by Private_Partz

It seems to me he has total faith in his agent and uses him to wheel and deal in the transfer market. It would seem that this was not made clear when he was appointed as our manager. There does not seem to have been much if an issue in relation to this with regards to his last post.
DOF at Barcelona as a next move? Being a hands on trainer / coach I doubt this will suit him. Seems to me he is winding down, moving upstairs and getting a large pay packet to boot. A shame as I think as he still has a lot to offer the game IMHO. I Am more than aware there are plenty on here who disagree with me though. ;-)

I wouldn't disagree with you. It's just a shame he isn't arsed

Laudrup - on the move again on 13:15 - Jun 20 with 1932 viewsPrivate_Partz

Laudrup - on the move again on 13:11 - Jun 20 by waynekerr55

I wouldn't disagree with you. It's just a shame he isn't arsed

Disillusioned I would say rather than can't be arsed.

Laudrup - on the move again on 15:36 - Jun 20 with 1885 viewsraynor94

Laudrup - on the move again on 13:15 - Jun 20 by Private_Partz

Even you must admit it's strange he gets so disillusioned so quick in every job he's been in, what's the longest he's ever lasted 2 years?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Laudrup - on the move again on 15:48 - Jun 20 with 1874 viewswaynekerr55

Laudrup - on the move again on 13:15 - Jun 20 by Private_Partz

That is a point we'll agree to disagree on Sir 😊👍

Laudrup - on the move again on 15:58 - Jun 20 with 1865 viewsDarran

Disillusioned?

F*cking Christ the tw*t needs to seriously get a life.

Laudrup - on the move again on 16:03 - Jun 20 with 1851 viewsPozuelosSideys

Laudrup - on the move again on 15:58 - Jun 20 by Darran

Disillusioned?

F*cking Christ the tw*t needs to seriously get a life.

Laudrups management style is much like his playing style - creative and tactically very appealing and creative, but just a bit flaky and expects everything on a plate for him.

Oops sry, didnt mean to quote
[Post edited 20 Jun 2015 16:04]

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Laudrup - on the move again on 10:20 - Jun 21 with 1750 viewsPrivate_Partz

Laudrup - on the move again on 15:36 - Jun 20 by raynor94

Even you must admit it's strange he gets so disillusioned so quick in every job he's been in, what's the longest he's ever lasted 2 years?

Well he has been sacked as well so he has no always walked. He is different gravy. A great delegator and I suspect this does not go down well with some clubs.
I have already said I think that his team should lay down the ground rules at the start of contract negotiations as this would appear to be causing issues. I have also said that his stock is falling as a result and I think he is making the wrong decision to leave his current club and move upstairs to another (albeit much bigger) club.

Laudrup - on the move again on 10:22 - Jun 21 with 1745 viewsPrivate_Partz

Laudrup - on the move again on 15:48 - Jun 20 by waynekerr55

That is a point we'll agree to disagree on Sir 😊👍

Indeed. Agree to disagree :-)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024