Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrup - on the move again 13:15 - Jun 18 with 16507 viewsSweyns_Eye

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-boss-Michael-Laudrup-set-le

Does he have wanderlust or sand in the eye this time?

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

Laudrup - on the move again on 16:21 - Jun 21 with 2436 viewsDavillin

Laudrup - on the move again on 14:45 - Jun 21 by Private_Partz

I will have a pint of whatever you are drinking ;-)

And what if I told you that he is the quintessential aficionado of absinthe? Would that change your mind?

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Laudrup - on the move again on 17:20 - Jun 21 with 2366 viewsWarwickHunt

Laudrup - on the move again on 16:21 - Jun 21 by Davillin

And what if I told you that he is the quintessential aficionado of absinthe? Would that change your mind?

It might make his heart grow fonder...
Laudrup - on the move again on 18:55 - Jun 21 with 2308 viewsDavillin

Laudrup - on the move again on 17:20 - Jun 21 by WarwickHunt

It might make his heart grow fonder...

Clever as hell! Is that one of your own making? If so, well done!

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Laudrup - on the move again on 18:59 - Jun 21 with 2304 viewsItchySphincter

Laudrup - on the move again on 11:38 - Jun 21 by raynor94

I'm quite frankly amazed at the pining for him on here, I honestly don't think he's a very nice man and one who can be trusted, thank you Sir Huw

He had nice hair.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Laudrup - on the move again on 19:05 - Jun 21 with 2298 viewsItchySphincter

Laudrup - on the move again on 12:00 - Jun 21 by skippyjack

In all fairness..Laudrup wanted a pay rise after winning the league.. They refused so he left..
[Post edited 21 Jun 2015 12:05]

You should've edited that twice.

Anyway, the blokes a tw@t and he completely pissed on his chips with that press conference. If Monk takes us on a trajectory similar to Laudrup I can't see the Laudyboys on here throwing their panties at him.

Laudrup - on the move again on 22:28 - Jun 21 with 2219 viewsmarchamjack

He was very good for a while and took us another step forward at the time and we won the League Cup and that was great.

Then he lost his way/his enthusiasm for us and it was time for him to leave and I was glad the board moved him on when they did.

That's it really.

Would be mildly interested in what he does in the future.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Laudrup - on the move again on 02:28 - Jun 22 with 2180 viewssnork44

Laudrup - on the move again on 22:28 - Jun 21 by marchamjack

He was very good for a while and took us another step forward at the time and we won the League Cup and that was great.

Then he lost his way/his enthusiasm for us and it was time for him to leave and I was glad the board moved him on when they did.

That's it really.

Would be mildly interested in what he does in the future.

It shows that even Paulo Sousa is now the new manager of Fiorentina, Jackett the Wolves manager, two of our previous managers are at the helm of the two major clubs on Merseyside and of course Garry has done wonders at the Liberty. Yet Laudrup has ended up yet again walking away after one year at an Arabian club with no prospect of another position, yet he was only a couple of weeks ago touted for the positions at The barcodes and West spam and yet they have been given to McLaren and Bilic respectively. His reputation is sinking faster than the Titanic, whether it is his own arrogance or his agent is a complete and utter knob is open to question, but Laudrup has only got himself to blame this time.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Laudrup - on the move again on 07:16 - Jun 22 with 2155 viewswaynekerr55

Laudrup - on the move again on 02:28 - Jun 22 by snork44

It shows that even Paulo Sousa is now the new manager of Fiorentina, Jackett the Wolves manager, two of our previous managers are at the helm of the two major clubs on Merseyside and of course Garry has done wonders at the Liberty. Yet Laudrup has ended up yet again walking away after one year at an Arabian club with no prospect of another position, yet he was only a couple of weeks ago touted for the positions at The barcodes and West spam and yet they have been given to McLaren and Bilic respectively. His reputation is sinking faster than the Titanic, whether it is his own arrogance or his agent is a complete and utter knob is open to question, but Laudrup has only got himself to blame this time.

Don't be silly mun, Alan Tate wrecked his career 😂😂😂😂😂

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Laudrup - on the move again on 09:10 - Jun 22 with 2107 viewsPrivate_Partz

Laudrup - on the move again on 15:46 - Jun 21 by raynor94

Well seeing as it was four month after his sacking that a compensation package was agreed Huw was hardly going to come out and say what he really thought of him as a person, I'll stick with my he couldn't give a toss attitude towards the end, and could well have relegated us as the dressing room was totally lost, looking forward to reading some autobiography of time here

So Huw was lying then.? You stick with your views and I will stick with mine. I look forward to the autobiographies too. And if I am wrong I will hold my hands up and say so.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Laudrup - on the move again on 09:13 - Jun 22 with 2099 viewsPrivate_Partz

Laudrup - on the move again on 16:21 - Jun 21 by Davillin

I might give it a go as he is alive to tell the tale? On second thoughts I might do a bit of research first. ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Laudrup - on the move again on 09:16 - Jun 22 with 2094 viewsPrivate_Partz

Laudrup - on the move again on 19:05 - Jun 21 by ItchySphincter

You should've edited that twice.

Anyway, the blokes a tw@t and he completely pissed on his chips with that press conference. If Monk takes us on a trajectory similar to Laudrup I can't see the Laudyboys on here throwing their panties at him.

Another one who likes to play gangs. ;-)
I would love it if every argument was black and white. The facts are we all have our good and bad points. GM and ML are no different.

Laudrup - on the move again on 09:21 - Jun 22 with 2090 viewsraynor94

Laudrup - on the move again on 09:10 - Jun 22 by Private_Partz

So Huw was lying then.? You stick with your views and I will stick with mine. I look forward to the autobiographies too. And if I am wrong I will hold my hands up and say so.

No not lying, political speak to get a better deal for the club

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Laudrup - on the move again on 09:22 - Jun 22 with 2088 viewsPrivate_Partz

Laudrup - on the move again on 02:28 - Jun 22 by snork44

I agree with most of that despite some trying to pigeon hole he into an 'ML can do no wrong' camp. I would prefer to call it single mindedness rather than arrogance though. Coupled with poor contract negotiations as his management style is very different. It will be interesting to see where he goes next. Anyone know what publication reported the Barca job?

Laudrup - on the move again on 09:25 - Jun 22 with 2083 viewsraynor94

Laudrup - on the move again on 09:22 - Jun 22 by Private_Partz

I agree with most of that despite some trying to pigeon hole he into an 'ML can do no wrong' camp. I would prefer to call it single mindedness rather than arrogance though. Coupled with poor contract negotiations as his management style is very different. It will be interesting to see where he goes next. Anyone know what publication reported the Barca job?

The Daily Tumultu, it was his Twitter account

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Laudrup - on the move again on 09:26 - Jun 22 with 2083 viewsItchySphincter

Laudrup - on the move again on 09:16 - Jun 22 by Private_Partz

Another one who likes to play gangs. ;-)
I would love it if every argument was black and white. The facts are we all have our good and bad points. GM and ML are no different.

Don't know what that's supposed to mean? One post earlier you say you'll stick to your opinion and the next you're saying if someone doesn't agree they're playing gangs? Maybe you need to grow up a bit?

For the record I think I was one of the first to nail my colours tom the mast re Laudrup when Spratty was driving the bandwagon you're currently attempting to ride on. That ships long since sailed and the more time passes the more my opinion on the bloke is reinforced.

Laudrup - on the move again on 09:27 - Jun 22 with 2081 viewsPrivate_Partz

Laudrup - on the move again on 09:21 - Jun 22 by raynor94

No not lying, political speak to get a better deal for the club

Political speak v lying. Interesting one.... :-)
Personally I think he did not have to say anything. He actually defended him. As I say his standing as a man seems to be in tact but his inability to settle at clubs has certainly affected his prospects. If indeed he is interested in football management anymore. I seem to recall him saying he would not be doing such jobs when he is in his 50s

Laudrup - on the move again on 09:30 - Jun 22 with 2077 viewsPrivate_Partz

Laudrup - on the move again on 09:25 - Jun 22 by raynor94

Cheers Raynor. I knew his agent was on the spout. Nothing unusual there. It is likely to be a complete load of bully then if that was the only source
[Post edited 22 Jun 2015 9:36]

Laudrup - on the move again on 09:35 - Jun 22 with 2069 viewsPrivate_Partz

Laudrup - on the move again on 09:26 - Jun 22 by ItchySphincter

Don't know what that's supposed to mean? One post earlier you say you'll stick to your opinion and the next you're saying if someone doesn't agree they're playing gangs? Maybe you need to grow up a bit?

For the record I think I was one of the first to nail my colours tom the mast re Laudrup when Spratty was driving the bandwagon you're currently attempting to ride on. That ships long since sailed and the more time passes the more my opinion on the bloke is reinforced.

Perhaps I will have to change my style of posting. Darren went off on one as well when I used that. I was only joking as you were into a bit of name calling so I thought I would join in. There was no offence meant on my behalf.
Btw I am not on any bandwagon. I recognise ML's failings as well as his qualities.

Laudrup - on the move again on 10:03 - Jun 22 with 2037 viewsAnotherJohn

Laudrup - on the move again on 09:25 - Jun 22 by raynor94

Probably the agent has been pushing the story, but Majo was interviewed for several news reports and was using ML as part of his play to get elected. The story was picked up in the Danish press and also here in Wales.

http://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/majo-elected-michael-laudrup-will-bar

http://www.football-espana.net/51112/majo-wants-laudrup-barca

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/elecciones/20150619/2052623570

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3131534/Jordi-Majo-lights-Barc

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ex-swansea-city-boss-m

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Ex-Swansea-City-manager-Michael-set-Barc

Obviously this represents a longshot for ML, but I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted a release clause that would have allowed such a move if the opportunity had arisen.

There is said to be a pre-contract agreement, which would imply that talks were ongoing with Majo even as ML entered contract negotiations in Qatar.

https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/barcelona-candidate-majo-reveals-laudrup

We've moved on and done well, and if Laudrup can get a good job elsewhere good luck to him. As everybody says, this one is unlikely though.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2015 10:05]
Laudrup - on the move again on 10:05 - Jun 22 with 2034 viewswaynekerr55

Laudrup - on the move again on 09:30 - Jun 22 by Private_Partz

Cheers Raynor. I knew his agent was on the spout. Nothing unusual there. It is likely to be a complete load of bully then if that was the only source
[Post edited 22 Jun 2015 9:36]

Sorry PP, but an agent is employed by his/her client. His behaviour has the blessing of Laudrup.

Do I think things could have been done better on both sides? Absolutely. Not that this is aimed at you, but some swear butter wouldn't melt with saint Michael. We all know that isn't the case.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Laudrup - on the move again on 11:46 - Jun 22 with 1963 viewsItchySphincter

Laudrup - on the move again on 09:35 - Jun 22 by Private_Partz

Perhaps I will have to change my style of posting. Darren went off on one as well when I used that. I was only joking as you were into a bit of name calling so I thought I would join in. There was no offence meant on my behalf.
Btw I am not on any bandwagon. I recognise ML's failings as well as his qualities.

I realised I made a Laudyboy post before so I also apologise but I've long held my opinion on ML and if anyone else happens to agree it is a coincidence and a sign of good sense rather than ganging up.

Laudrup - on the move again on 12:02 - Jun 22 with 1950 viewsPrivate_Partz

Laudrup - on the move again on 10:05 - Jun 22 by waynekerr55

Sorry PP, but an agent is employed by his/her client. His behaviour has the blessing of Laudrup.

Do I think things could have been done better on both sides? Absolutely. Not that this is aimed at you, but some swear butter wouldn't melt with saint Michael. We all know that isn't the case.

I agree. Agents tend to act in full knowledge of their clients. I remember Trunds saying once how this can go wrong with younger inexperienced players when they tend to get manipulated. Sterling could be a good example. I hope ML is more experienced than to allow that however. :-)
Having said that there may be more mileage in the Barca story. See the links AJ has picked up on. I agree with him though that it still seems a long shot.

Laudrup - on the move again on 12:06 - Jun 22 with 1943 viewsPrivate_Partz

Laudrup - on the move again on 11:46 - Jun 22 by ItchySphincter

I realised I made a Laudyboy post before so I also apologise but I've long held my opinion on ML and if anyone else happens to agree it is a coincidence and a sign of good sense rather than ganging up.

Nah, no apology needed, it is only a forum. All a bit if fun and at the end if the day we are all Jacks (although even that has been subject to some argument). :-)
I only draw the line when personal abuse is being chucked out then the other poster is on his own.

Laudrup - on the move again on 12:18 - Jun 22 with 1931 viewssnork44

Laudrup - on the move again on 12:06 - Jun 22 by Private_Partz

Nah, no apology needed, it is only a forum. All a bit if fun and at the end if the day we are all Jacks (although even that has been subject to some argument). :-)
I only draw the line when personal abuse is being chucked out then the other poster is on his own.

I have no axe to grind with Laudrup,but the point of my post was to express that all of our previous managers have done very well for themselves apart from the Dane who through his arrogance or his agents arrogance has failed spectacularly to secure a meaningful job in the football world. ML seems an affable man,but with delusions of grandeur!

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Laudrup - on the move again on 12:28 - Jun 22 with 1924 viewsPrivate_Partz

Laudrup - on the move again on 12:18 - Jun 22 by snork44

I have no axe to grind with Laudrup,but the point of my post was to express that all of our previous managers have done very well for themselves apart from the Dane who through his arrogance or his agents arrogance has failed spectacularly to secure a meaningful job in the football world. ML seems an affable man,but with delusions of grandeur!

Of course that could be the case. His management career has not been great as opposed to his exemplary playing career. Arguably we are his biggest success. I go along with the affable bit and would add that he is still held in high esteem by his peers.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024