Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Open Golf Anyone? 08:51 - Jul 15 with 6357 viewsElHoop

Starts tomorrow morning at St Andrews and it looks pretty impossible.

I like to back a few players and then try to build up a little portfolio that will get me the winner at some stage even if I don't have him to start with.
The weather conditions are always tricky up there but I've tried to back players who might get the best of the wind on the first two days and then I'll keep watching the forecasts and tee times from there.

At the moment I've got Bubba Watson, Victor Dubuisson, Byeong-Hun An, Thomas Bjorn, Alexander Levy, Matteo Manassero and Brian Harman. All start early tomorrow and they have a half decent looking tee time on Friday, according to current forecasts anyway, but that can change in a flash.
Open Golf Anyone? on 08:58 - Jul 15 with 4729 viewskingsburyR

Tommy Fleetwood And the Irish lad with the beard (forget his name for a sec) for me and a sentimental bet on Sergio.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Open Golf Anyone? on 09:01 - Jul 15 with 4725 viewswelwynranger

I think the Yanks will fill the leader board. Jordan Speith. Bubba Watson. No Rory so Justin Rose or Martin Kaymer may challenge. But the weather will help certain players at certain times. Looking forward to it. And the Ashes at Lords it's raining in London now so who knows
Open Golf Anyone? on 09:04 - Jul 15 with 4722 viewsElHoop

Open Golf Anyone? on 09:01 - Jul 15 by welwynranger

I think the Yanks will fill the leader board. Jordan Speith. Bubba Watson. No Rory so Justin Rose or Martin Kaymer may challenge. But the weather will help certain players at certain times. Looking forward to it. And the Ashes at Lords it's raining in London now so who knows

It must be one of the greatest sporting weekends of the year - Lord's Ashes Test and the Open at St Andrews.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2015 9:25]
Open Golf Anyone? on 09:20 - Jul 15 with 4700 viewsHunterhoop

C'mon Casey! I continue my costly habit of having a tiny punt in him winning. Obviously this is loss making, but I'll kick myself if he ever does.

Also, think F Molinari looks a good price for the type of course.
Open Golf Anyone? on 09:37 - Jul 15 with 4682 viewswelwynranger

Open Golf Anyone? on 09:04 - Jul 15 by ElHoop

It must be one of the greatest sporting weekends of the year - Lord's Ashes Test and the Open at St Andrews.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2015 9:25]

The best sporting weekend since we went to WEMBERLEE!!!!!
Open Golf Anyone? on 13:39 - Jul 15 with 4620 viewsQPR1882

Open Golf Anyone? on 09:37 - Jul 15 by welwynranger

The best sporting weekend since we went to WEMBERLEE!!!!!

Dustin Johnson - with the forecast of wind on Friday and Saturday you need a long hitter

Justin Rose - only real British hope

Jordan Spieth - probably the best tee to green player in the world at the moment.

May have 50p e/w on these 3
Open Golf Anyone? on 13:52 - Jul 15 with 4606 viewsdermyqpr

Shane Lowry is the one your thinking of Kingsbury.

Had a good start last week but faded sat/sun. I expect him to do better this week and at a good price
Open Golf Anyone? on 14:25 - Jul 15 with 4579 viewsJamie

Open Golf Anyone? on 09:20 - Jul 15 by Hunterhoop

C'mon Casey! I continue my costly habit of having a tiny punt in him winning. Obviously this is loss making, but I'll kick myself if he ever does.

Also, think F Molinari looks a good price for the type of course.

I've done the same on Jason Day & Rickie Fowler for ages!
Login to get fewer ads

Open Golf Anyone? on 14:26 - Jul 15 with 4577 viewsElHoop

Open Golf Anyone? on 14:25 - Jul 15 by Jamie

Is Day OK - he was collapsing with some head problem last time i saw him playing?
Open Golf Anyone? on 14:49 - Jul 15 with 4559 viewsEastR

Open Golf Anyone? on 14:25 - Jul 15 by Jamie

Fowler's gonna come good this week

(I hope!)

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Open Golf Anyone? on 15:09 - Jul 15 with 4542 viewsElHoop

Open Golf Anyone? on 14:49 - Jul 15 by EastR

Fowler's gonna come good this week

(I hope!)

I'd love it if Fowler won this, but he's only won 4 times in 8 years, and he won last week!
Open Golf Anyone? on 15:28 - Jul 15 with 4532 viewsessextaxiboy

I love watching Fowler , he swings like a baseball player and I like the maverick persona ,
Open Golf Anyone? on 15:51 - Jul 15 with 4518 viewsoldhoop

Open Golf Anyone? on 15:28 - Jul 15 by essextaxiboy

I love watching Fowler , he swings like a baseball player and I like the maverick persona ,

One of these three

Rose

Dustin Johnson or Sergio

Will bet on two of these
Open Golf Anyone? on 17:20 - Jul 15 with 4475 viewsQPR1882

Just saw Tiger birdie the road hole in the team game. Looks good swinging well and playing with a smile . Maybe worth an e/w bet
Open Golf Anyone? on 18:13 - Jul 15 with 4449 viewsWilloW4

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz. Golf!! What's it all about?
Open Golf Anyone? on 20:33 - Jul 15 with 4423 viewseasthertsr

Open Golf Anyone? on 18:13 - Jul 15 by WilloW4

Agreed ,will be glued to the Ashes!
Open Golf Anyone? on 20:41 - Jul 15 with 4403 viewsonlyrinmoray

God I hate cricket...........any game that gets delayed if it rains is a joke Even golfers carry on in the rain
Open Golf Anyone? on 20:59 - Jul 15 with 4394 viewsbosh67

Open Golf Anyone? on 18:13 - Jul 15 by WilloW4

Read my cheap book! http://thebookofgolf.co.uk/

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Open Golf Anyone? on 21:14 - Jul 15 with 4382 viewsWilloW4

Open Golf Anyone? on 20:41 - Jul 15 by onlyrinmoray

God I hate cricket...........any game that gets delayed if it rains is a joke Even golfers carry on in the rain

My Irish mate came over to visit when i lived in NZ.. After asking me, surrounded by the barmy army."which one are England"..( both in white).and five days of cricket, it ended in a draw( couldn't get Morrison out)..my mate mickey said .."only the feckin' English could invent a game that takes 5 days to play and ends in a feckin' draw"... Marvellous.. I still love cricket and yes, it's nearly as silly as golf.
Open Golf Anyone? on 21:26 - Jul 15 with 4369 viewsonlyrinmoray

Open Golf Anyone? on 20:59 - Jul 15 by bosh67

Read my cheap book! http://thebookofgolf.co.uk/

Bosh did you really write this ? Its a fantastic and beautifully illustrated book 2000$ a bit out of my league but all my family are golfers. They would love it. My oldest boy is a green keeper at Cruden Bay and all the family play regularly. Congratulations on being involved in this work of art
Open Golf Anyone? on 09:14 - Jul 16 with 4287 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Right! Time for a European winner now but, with McIlroy out, who?

Padraig Harrington is actually a cousin, so he's the one I want to see win, but his form remains erratic and somewhat stilted.

Garcia's a favourite, always, but only because he's so hapless.

I have an irrational dislike of Clarke, so I'll Lowry, McDowell and Dunne from Ireland or Poulter, Westwood and Garcia from elsewhere in Europe.

Who'll actually win it? I haven't an iota.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Open Golf Anyone? on 08:49 - Jul 17 with 4232 viewseasthertsr

Open Golf Anyone? on 20:41 - Jul 15 by onlyrinmoray

Mmmmmm see play at St Andrews has been delayed by ................ RAIN!
Open Golf Anyone? on 09:03 - Jul 17 with 4218 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Watched a bit of this yesterday and found it very hard to follow. A seemingly endless supply of golfers hitting identical shots into identical holes with no boundaries or definition to them. I normally love St. Andrew's so maybe it was the weather or the coverage, or maybe it's because there was no McIlroy or Seve type swashbuckling around - I don't know - but there seemed to be something formless about it all.

At one stage I decided that I could have rocked up with a set of clubs myself and joined in and no-one would have noticed. Except for Allis, naturally, who would've mumbled something along the lines of "Ah, McCarthy. Celtic cousin. Lyrical bard. Played four-ball with him once in 1952. In a bog in Ireland. No Ladies present, of course. Quite right, too. Except for me. I wear knickers, and prefer to be addressed as Patricia. Anyway, here's Tiger. He's quite a boy..."

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Open Golf Anyone? on 09:28 - Jul 17 with 4213 viewsElHoop

Restart at 10.00 so three hours lost. Probably means that those late out won't complete today which is bad news for them as it's looking a lot windier tomorrow. Almost an incentive there for the early players to slow down a bit wading through the puddles.

My bets looking a bit knackered but that's life.
Open Golf Anyone? on 18:00 - Jul 17 with 4167 viewsjohncharles

Got it on in the background. Faldo plodding along living on his reputation.......... Wow!!
Just holed an absolute beauty, oozing class.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2015 18:04]

Strong and stable my arse.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024