Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Caps doffed 22:27 - Aug 5 with 3672 viewsBrighouseDale

To the management and board for keeping their word and hanging onto Henderson. See pessimists, we don't ALWAYS automatically jump at the first offer put on the table!

Roll on 2015/16 season, up the dale.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Caps doffed on 22:32 - Aug 5 with 3644 viewsfitzochris

If - and it is an if - the maximum offer was £170k then I'm not surprised we didn't sell.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Caps doffed on 22:50 - Aug 5 with 3542 viewsdingdangblue

Tricky one now is.......do we hope Hendo has a cracking start scoring a few but putting him back on the radar of other clubs . Or a non scoring start that might mean we dont win many in August?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Caps doffed on 22:53 - Aug 5 with 3508 viewsBrighouseDale

I don't suppose we'll ever know the true figure, but some were quick to assume we'd sell at the first snifter of a fee. I'm sure they're pleased to be proved wrong though, now we can look forward to the season ahead!

Caps doffed on 22:57 - Aug 5 with 3472 viewsfitzochris

Caps doffed on 22:53 - Aug 5 by BrighouseDale

I don't suppose we'll ever know the true figure, but some were quick to assume we'd sell at the first snifter of a fee. I'm sure they're pleased to be proved wrong though, now we can look forward to the season ahead!

I certainly felt £200k would have done it, given Hendo's age and contract remainder. Very glad Barnsley have moved on but the transfer window is still open.

Caps doffed on 23:02 - Aug 5 with 3444 viewsdingdangblue

Caps doffed on 22:57 - Aug 5 by fitzochris

I certainly felt £200k would have done it, given Hendo's age and contract remainder. Very glad Barnsley have moved on but the transfer window is still open.

Hill saying he'd rather Hendo leave for nowt in 12 months than sell him may have had some bearing on matters.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Caps doffed on 23:07 - Aug 5 with 3424 viewsfitzochris

Caps doffed on 23:02 - Aug 5 by dingdangblue

Hill saying he'd rather Hendo leave for nowt in 12 months than sell him may have had some bearing on matters.

It may have, but Hill has aired his displeasure at player sales before, suggesting he had felt the same way. The chairman, as is right, has the final say.

Thankfully, Hendo's price has not been met.

Caps doffed on 23:18 - Aug 5 with 3361 viewsBrighouseDale

I thought that IF Hendo had gone, it'd have been for £400k, but I was judging that purely on the folklore Matty Done benchmark. No one knows for certain that we got £400k for Done, but that's the figure I had set in my mind.

It's been done to death I know, but I'd say Hendo is worth just as much to us this season as Done was back in February.

Caps doffed on 02:12 - Aug 6 with 3185 viewsNigeriamark

Caps doffed on 23:18 - Aug 5 by BrighouseDale

I thought that IF Hendo had gone, it'd have been for £400k, but I was judging that purely on the folklore Matty Done benchmark. No one knows for certain that we got £400k for Done, but that's the figure I had set in my mind.

It's been done to death I know, but I'd say Hendo is worth just as much to us this season as Done was back in February.

Well done the club. Will only feel safe though once the transfer window actually shuts. Hopefully have the current squad and a couple of new faces. However the last couple of days of the window can end up a bit of a "silly season" for transfers
Login to get fewer ads

Caps doffed on 07:49 - Aug 6 with 3023 viewsnordenblue

Nobody would have paid anywhere near 400k for Hendo knowing his age and the remainder of his current contract
[Post edited 6 Aug 2015 8:23]
Caps doffed on 08:06 - Aug 6 with 2991 viewsTalkingSutty

Keeping Hendo at the club makes retaining our league one status an easier task. The rewards for remaining a League One club are worth far more than any transfer fee we would receive for Henderson so financially it makes no sense to sell him. The only fly in the ointment is if the player himself wants to move on.

If Henderson runs down his contract but we are still looking forward to league one football this time next year then everyone's a winner. It's not quite as easy as stating Hendersons going nowhere though, but credit to the Chairman for not dropping his trousers at the first opportunity
Caps doffed on 08:33 - Aug 6 with 2918 viewsdingdangblue

Caps doffed on 08:06 - Aug 6 by TalkingSutty

Keeping Hendo at the club makes retaining our league one status an easier task. The rewards for remaining a League One club are worth far more than any transfer fee we would receive for Henderson so financially it makes no sense to sell him. The only fly in the ointment is if the player himself wants to move on.

If Henderson runs down his contract but we are still looking forward to league one football this time next year then everyone's a winner. It's not quite as easy as stating Hendersons going nowhere though, but credit to the Chairman for not dropping his trousers at the first opportunity

Thing is we were selling our best players 10 years for 200k so it would be crazy to accept that - regardless of Hendo's age or contract. He could easily play till his mid to late 30's looking at him - he doesn't rely on pace - he's just a fantastic supremely fit player.

Caps doffed on 09:57 - Aug 6 with 2745 viewsTalkingSutty

Caps doffed on 08:33 - Aug 6 by dingdangblue

Thing is we were selling our best players 10 years for 200k so it would be crazy to accept that - regardless of Hendo's age or contract. He could easily play till his mid to late 30's looking at him - he doesn't rely on pace - he's just a fantastic supremely fit player.

It's what the market dictates though and any player approaching 30 years old and plying his trade in the lower leagues won't attract a massive fee. We have had to sell players to keep the club afloat over the last 10 years so playing hard ball and risk losing a potential sale isn't always a option.

Goal scorers are like gold dust and keeping hold of them is difficult when money comes into the equation. Hendersons next contract will probably be the most important one in his career so it as to be right for him financially. I think its worth improving his contract by 100k per year ( Maybe doubling his salary), give him a 2 year contract and make him captain. Obviously with a clause should we be relegated.

100K sounds a lot but you wouldn't be able to buy a player of Hendersons calibre for that, you also know his capabilities when it comes to hitting the net.....and the post.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2015 10:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024