Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shelvey Tonight 18:47 - Sep 5 with 7169 viewsunion_jack

admittedly I've only been flicking in and out of the England game (there have been Wakes v Italy, Johanna Konta and the ODI which have all received my partial attention) but he looks very disinterested. Great for us of course as he's less likely to pick up an injury but has Woy confined him a little, making his role very defined or doesn't he give one? I thought he'd try a long range or something but just no risk passing on offer.

.????
[Post edited 5 Sep 2015 18:54]

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Shelvey Tonight on 13:38 - Sep 6 with 1292 viewsOxfordshire_Jack

Interesting to see him play that deep - way, way back from his normal role. Hard to tell if that would be effective for Monk to try out as the likes of Wrexham or Merthyr would probably have beaten San Marino last night.

However, if he plays well in that position again against Switzerland it may be worth an experiment, especially when sides drop back and park the bus at the Liberty.
Shelvey Tonight on 14:00 - Sep 6 with 1257 viewsWhiterockin

Shelvey Tonight on 12:21 - Sep 6 by DafyddHuw

That appearance at a national level, together with Woy creaming himself over JJ's performance, should add a few £M to his price tag.
I hope his contract is in order and that there's a suitably high buy-out clause.

That £5M we paid Liverpool for him looks crazy now. £12M-£15M at today's prices anybody? The backroom staff at the Lib have worked wonders in turning his game around, fair dos.

[Post edited 6 Sep 2015 12:24]

I have always said £10M and Shelvey for Allen is some of the best business the club has ever done.
Shelvey Tonight on 14:24 - Sep 6 with 1235 viewsDr_Winston

Shelvey Tonight on 14:00 - Sep 6 by Whiterockin

I have always said £10M and Shelvey for Allen is some of the best business the club has ever done.

It's become fashionable to dump on little Joe since he left, but he was excellent in that first season and given the prices paid for similar players £15m wasn't excessive.

£5m for Shelvey in retrospect was a bargain, but at the time it was a fair price for a player with talent but an awful lot of baggage. Wasn't that long ago lynch mobs were forming up for him on this very board.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Shelvey Tonight on 14:46 - Sep 6 with 1209 viewsmonmouth

Shelvey Tonight on 14:24 - Sep 6 by Dr_Winston

It's become fashionable to dump on little Joe since he left, but he was excellent in that first season and given the prices paid for similar players £15m wasn't excessive.

£5m for Shelvey in retrospect was a bargain, but at the time it was a fair price for a player with talent but an awful lot of baggage. Wasn't that long ago lynch mobs were forming up for him on this very board.

Aye. Everything is easy in retrospect.

I don't really agree though; at the time I thought 15m was ridiculous for Joe and 5m was ridiculous for Shelvey. Both in the far too much money category when both deals were done. Events, dear boy, events.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Shelvey Tonight on 14:50 - Sep 6 with 1199 viewsDr_Winston

Shelvey Tonight on 14:46 - Sep 6 by monmouth

Aye. Everything is easy in retrospect.

I don't really agree though; at the time I thought 15m was ridiculous for Joe and 5m was ridiculous for Shelvey. Both in the far too much money category when both deals were done. Events, dear boy, events.

That's fair enough. Personally I thought the Joe deal was one of the few times we've actually held out for the kind of price a financially sound Premier League club should be demanding for a key player sought by one of the big boys.

Looking at some of the fees Southampton have conned out of Liverpool for the likes of Lallana and Lovren recently you could even argue we sold Joe too cheaply.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Shelvey Tonight on 14:55 - Sep 6 with 1184 viewsClinton

I watched the whole match for my sins. It was generally dreadful. JJS played some excellent passes and the ITV pundits showed due appreciation. The pitch was a cow patch though and the ball bobbled horribly otherwise a couple more of his passes would have resulted in goals, Im sure. My only criticism is that he could actually have been a bit more lively at times, but thats splitting hairs.
Looks like Jonjo increased his chances of being a regular pick. Interesting to see how he goes against the Swiss, hell definitely get game time.
For the record, I think Vardy showed himself as not up to standard, as did Rooney. Rooney is no longer international class.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Shelvey Tonight on 15:28 - Sep 6 with 1151 viewsmonmouth

Shelvey Tonight on 14:55 - Sep 6 by Clinton

I watched the whole match for my sins. It was generally dreadful. JJS played some excellent passes and the ITV pundits showed due appreciation. The pitch was a cow patch though and the ball bobbled horribly otherwise a couple more of his passes would have resulted in goals, Im sure. My only criticism is that he could actually have been a bit more lively at times, but thats splitting hairs.
Looks like Jonjo increased his chances of being a regular pick. Interesting to see how he goes against the Swiss, hell definitely get game time.
For the record, I think Vardy showed himself as not up to standard, as did Rooney. Rooney is no longer international class.

If Hodgson binned Rooney now, he would go to the top of my most courageous decision makers ever list. It would be utterly the right thing for the team in building a shot at the Euros now they are there, but no, he'll keep playing him even though he's totally shot, just to get another penalty against yet another sh1t team.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Shelvey Tonight on 17:57 - Sep 6 with 1047 viewsSilverSurfer

Shelvey Tonight on 00:17 - Sep 6 by PozuelosSideys

Aye. Mentioned as "ex-Liverpool" rather than "Swansea". Tw@ts.

Headlines on PlanetSwans always refer to our players as ex-(insert club here) so if we see ourselves as the lesser side why be surprised when other media see us like that aswell
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024