Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 2021890 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:22 - Mar 18 with 5658 viewsdingdangblue

Just read this gem:

"it's much better to be in trouble for overspending on players than for being unable to pay your debts".

Nurse...nurse....medication.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:16 - Mar 18 with 5561 viewsR11BFC

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:22 - Mar 18 by dingdangblue

Just read this gem:

"it's much better to be in trouble for overspending on players than for being unable to pay your debts".

Nurse...nurse....medication.

Oh come on dingdang...quote the full quote:

"Well if that's the case there will be a statement coming very soon, it's much better to be in trouble for overspending on players, than for being unable to pay your debts, if the embargo is true you would be shouting it from the rooftops the reason was due to spending on players, if the embargo is confirmed and the board stay quiet then it confirms (In my opinion) that the embargo is due to financial difficulties."

Makes total sense to me...especially if you read between the lines.

For God loved the world so much, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him, may not die, but have eternal life. John 3:16

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:31 - Mar 18 with 5522 viewsSandyman

If this very reliable rumour of two (seems like three) clubs are owed money from ticket sales from the buckets, I would surmise that certain FA / FL rules are in place to ensure such payments are made? Maybe someone with the legal knowledge of these can find out. If such rules are not in place, why aren't they?

Or is this another bucket loophole exploiting exercise?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:59 - Mar 18 with 5461 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:16 - Mar 18 by R11BFC

Oh come on dingdang...quote the full quote:

"Well if that's the case there will be a statement coming very soon, it's much better to be in trouble for overspending on players, than for being unable to pay your debts, if the embargo is true you would be shouting it from the rooftops the reason was due to spending on players, if the embargo is confirmed and the board stay quiet then it confirms (In my opinion) that the embargo is due to financial difficulties."

Makes total sense to me...especially if you read between the lines.

Its not like the two are separate issues though is is? You will be overspending on players AND in debt!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:42 - Mar 18 with 5408 viewsR11BFC

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:59 - Mar 18 by dingdangblue

Its not like the two are separate issues though is is? You will be overspending on players AND in debt!

I know! But that's not what he was really saying or suggesting...

...he was being pretty clever imo.

He has as many doubts about what's going on as me - put it that way.

For God loved the world so much, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him, may not die, but have eternal life. John 3:16

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:49 - Mar 18 with 5398 viewsRAFCBLUE

I think this is great.

What exactly is holding up the bury accounts?

It's a three word answer.

"No money left"

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 05:14 - Mar 19 with 5268 viewsTalkingSutty

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:31 - Mar 18 by Sandyman

If this very reliable rumour of two (seems like three) clubs are owed money from ticket sales from the buckets, I would surmise that certain FA / FL rules are in place to ensure such payments are made? Maybe someone with the legal knowledge of these can find out. If such rules are not in place, why aren't they?

Or is this another bucket loophole exploiting exercise?

Calling it a Loophole makes it sound like an acceptable business practice which it obviously isn't. The clubs involved could be relying on that money to pay staff wages. Pardon the Fench,but I call it shitting on your own doorstep.

None of the local Clubs are flush with money including ourselves, we will always have to watch the pennies.The lifelong bury fans must be fearing what the future holds, the club resembles a circus and the clowns are running amok.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:33 - Mar 19 with 5220 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 05:14 - Mar 19 by TalkingSutty

Calling it a Loophole makes it sound like an acceptable business practice which it obviously isn't. The clubs involved could be relying on that money to pay staff wages. Pardon the Fench,but I call it shitting on your own doorstep.

None of the local Clubs are flush with money including ourselves, we will always have to watch the pennies.The lifelong bury fans must be fearing what the future holds, the club resembles a circus and the clowns are running amok.

If true, it's a bit of a stupid stunt to pull. We aren't going to tolerate not being paid.

Worrying thing for the buckets is there are only five home games left before no cash in until August.

Gillingham, Southend and Millwall won't bring many so they'll be relying on a decent turnout from Shrewsbury (today) and Doncaster.

What will they do this summer with no international pop con (cert) scheduled to ease the coffers? Are next seasons tickets on sale yet?

Google "Trading whilst insolvent" - a long road ahead for them I think.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:50 - Mar 19 with 5206 viewsTalkingSutty

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:33 - Mar 19 by RAFCBLUE

If true, it's a bit of a stupid stunt to pull. We aren't going to tolerate not being paid.

Worrying thing for the buckets is there are only five home games left before no cash in until August.

Gillingham, Southend and Millwall won't bring many so they'll be relying on a decent turnout from Shrewsbury (today) and Doncaster.

What will they do this summer with no international pop con (cert) scheduled to ease the coffers? Are next seasons tickets on sale yet?

Google "Trading whilst insolvent" - a long road ahead for them I think.

I think season ticket sales will tide them over the summer but in reality this situation shouldn't surprise anybody, least of all bury fans. Financial mishaps/CCJ have been happening for a long time now and the majority of their supporters have looked the other way whilst welcoming overpaid players to the Club, they didn't want to face reality and look at the long term implications, but it's now catching up.

Not all of their supporters ignored the situation obviously, but the majority did. Flitcroft must also have known the score and i thought Keith Hill was a bit more intelligent than to suggest his own fans look at bury with envious eyes, i'll excuse him that one because he obviously doesn't think like a fan. He still thinks the FA Cup defeat to Bury didn't really matter according to his interview last week,so that emphasises how he doesn't really know how the fans are thinking.60K from a good Cup Draw covers the payment on the Stadium.Get really lucky and you can pay the Stadium off in one hit, the FA Cup is vital to clubs like Rochdale.

We all love success and watching good players but I don't know any of us who would like to see the future of the club jeopardised by irresponsible financial overspending. If it happened I would like to think the fans would be knocking down the Chairmans door demanding answers. Dunphy wouldn't allow it anyway because he's a fan, and that's the difference.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2016 8:05]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:24 - Mar 19 with 5102 viewsR17ALE

Strangely their season tickets haven't gone on sale yet when last year, the early bird cut off was the end of March.

If it transpires that bury have stolen money from other clubs to help fund their "project" then I feel it is the end for them. I actually think the decent bury fans will turn their backs on such a shit house regime who could stoop that low. If we ever did that to another club, I'd never set foot inside Spotland again.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:36 - Mar 19 with 5091 viewsTalkingSutty

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:24 - Mar 19 by R17ALE

Strangely their season tickets haven't gone on sale yet when last year, the early bird cut off was the end of March.

If it transpires that bury have stolen money from other clubs to help fund their "project" then I feel it is the end for them. I actually think the decent bury fans will turn their backs on such a shit house regime who could stoop that low. If we ever did that to another club, I'd never set foot inside Spotland again.

A very good point. You wouldn't want to be associated with a Club that did that. We haven't had two pennies to rub together at times but if we ever pulled a stunt like that i wouldn't want anything to do with them.

It's about morals, you look out for your neighbours and you don't knock off or tap up your mates wife ( without permission). It seems some people just go through life treating everybody like *hit.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:51 - Mar 19 with 5064 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:36 - Mar 19 by TalkingSutty

A very good point. You wouldn't want to be associated with a Club that did that. We haven't had two pennies to rub together at times but if we ever pulled a stunt like that i wouldn't want anything to do with them.

It's about morals, you look out for your neighbours and you don't knock off or tap up your mates wife ( without permission). It seems some people just go through life treating everybody like *hit.

"without permission"

Without.

Permission.

Thread closed.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:39 - Mar 19 with 5009 viewsDorsetDale

It would seem that even some of the less awake bury fans are beginning to have doubts about what they've been told.

Coupled with them, and those now questioning Day and cohorts, I imagine it must be almost impossible to promote season tickets without an embarrassingly high number of fans wanting certain guarantees before buying.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:47 - Mar 19 with 4996 viewsSuddenLad

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:50 - Mar 19 by TalkingSutty

I think season ticket sales will tide them over the summer but in reality this situation shouldn't surprise anybody, least of all bury fans. Financial mishaps/CCJ have been happening for a long time now and the majority of their supporters have looked the other way whilst welcoming overpaid players to the Club, they didn't want to face reality and look at the long term implications, but it's now catching up.

Not all of their supporters ignored the situation obviously, but the majority did. Flitcroft must also have known the score and i thought Keith Hill was a bit more intelligent than to suggest his own fans look at bury with envious eyes, i'll excuse him that one because he obviously doesn't think like a fan. He still thinks the FA Cup defeat to Bury didn't really matter according to his interview last week,so that emphasises how he doesn't really know how the fans are thinking.60K from a good Cup Draw covers the payment on the Stadium.Get really lucky and you can pay the Stadium off in one hit, the FA Cup is vital to clubs like Rochdale.

We all love success and watching good players but I don't know any of us who would like to see the future of the club jeopardised by irresponsible financial overspending. If it happened I would like to think the fans would be knocking down the Chairmans door demanding answers. Dunphy wouldn't allow it anyway because he's a fan, and that's the difference.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2016 8:05]

The simple fact is that they have been accruing CCJ's at a time when they DO have a cash flow and it wouldn't surprise me if the 'other clubs cash' scenario meant that OUR cash (amongst others) was used to settle THEIR debts. Despicable if true.

That apart, how on earth will they cope during the summer when they have NO cash influx from games ?

Whose money will settle the CCJ's then ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:51 - Mar 19 with 4992 viewsdingdangblue

Will be interesting to see if Clarke plays today, he seems to go missing whenever rumours of money problems surface - I imagine he has a decent appearance/goal bonus. Also noticed the lady they have dealing with sponsorship and marketing has buggered off to Wigan. Its all heading towards the inevitable.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:31 - Mar 19 with 4936 viewsaleanddale

It's the delusions of grandeur that kills me! The deluded sense of entitlement.

Couple that with the fact 500 or more have not grouped together to call Day out is a nonesense.

Walter Mitty of the highest order leading a club down the garden path.

Give me integrity and 90 minutes of footy with Dale at 3pm on a Saturday and I am happy.

Yes it's fantastic we are in league 1 and I am loving it. But I loved the football in league 2. No doubt I would also enjoy the 90 minutes if it happened to be the conference. Whatever league really if it's Dale and it's Spotland and it's 11 pulling there tripe on a Saturday in a blue shirt honestly that does me just fine.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:02 - Mar 19 with 4908 viewsR11BFC

I've gone on record and said the same Razz, about not going again after this season, and of course, got slagged off by a few. But it is exactly how i feel.

I've done and will do every home and away game this season...it was kind of like i knew this would be my last season or certainly the possibility of doing every game ever again.

Whether i'll completely sack it or not, i dont know - not sure i could do it to my 85 year Father for starters. Plus, sometimes you still see the club has a heart and soul - Bradford away in the FA Cup was a great example.

The other thing re Mr Day (and you know i'm not his biggest fan!) is he is a football fan - you dont do Southend away on a Friday night if you're not. So that gives me some hope...

But yeah, what you say, is how i feel, but it would also be like not seeing/speaking to your son or daughter who had gone off the rails. They're in your blood - i think you'll know what i mean.

There's no pretending though (albeit some some good stuff has been done - the youth set up/academy is amazing) that overall, i am embarrassed by my football club and certainly feel enough is enough...even if i dont quite go through with it!

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:07 - Mar 19 with 4898 viewsR11BFC

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:51 - Mar 19 by dingdangblue

Will be interesting to see if Clarke plays today, he seems to go missing whenever rumours of money problems surface - I imagine he has a decent appearance/goal bonus. Also noticed the lady they have dealing with sponsorship and marketing has buggered off to Wigan. Its all heading towards the inevitable.

Injured.

And yeah...we'll miss our Cherrelle - you cant beat playing with 2 up front.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:15 - Mar 19 with 4872 viewsYorkshire_Dale

B11........get down to San Spotty next season if you sack The Much Feared Shakers off......you will be most welcome here for sure.

Re Day: How can a tubby mummy's boy from Mirfield possible have any ingrained interest/love of a Club 30 odd miles away in Lancashire,footie fan or not?

It's like all these foriegn owners in the Prem.......get bored and sod off.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:55 - Mar 19 with 4814 viewsR11BFC

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:15 - Mar 19 by Yorkshire_Dale

B11........get down to San Spotty next season if you sack The Much Feared Shakers off......you will be most welcome here for sure.

Re Day: How can a tubby mummy's boy from Mirfield possible have any ingrained interest/love of a Club 30 odd miles away in Lancashire,footie fan or not?

Err R11 if you dont mind but cheers Yorkie...although that might be a step too far!

In all honesty, my love for football is waning - players paid too much, on TV too much, too many boring matches...the list is endless.

I take your point re Day and i dont think there's any doubt he's in it to eventually try and make himself some money one way or another...it's just that the fact he's been to just about every home and away game - gives me some comfort. As opposed to some chairmen who rarely see a match. I think one Saturday he dashed over to Tranmere to watch the youth team and then dashed back to Gigg to watch the first team.

Dont get me wrong, as you lot know, i'm worried, very worried but at least it gives me something to cling to...so dont take it away, otherwise i'll never sleep!

Anyway, gotta go...i've gotta a game to dash to!!!

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:01 - Mar 19 with 4744 viewsSuddenLad

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:02 - Mar 19 by R11BFC

I've gone on record and said the same Razz, about not going again after this season, and of course, got slagged off by a few. But it is exactly how i feel.

I've done and will do every home and away game this season...it was kind of like i knew this would be my last season or certainly the possibility of doing every game ever again.

Whether i'll completely sack it or not, i dont know - not sure i could do it to my 85 year Father for starters. Plus, sometimes you still see the club has a heart and soul - Bradford away in the FA Cup was a great example.

The other thing re Mr Day (and you know i'm not his biggest fan!) is he is a football fan - you dont do Southend away on a Friday night if you're not. So that gives me some hope...

But yeah, what you say, is how i feel, but it would also be like not seeing/speaking to your son or daughter who had gone off the rails. They're in your blood - i think you'll know what i mean.

There's no pretending though (albeit some some good stuff has been done - the youth set up/academy is amazing) that overall, i am embarrassed by my football club and certainly feel enough is enough...even if i dont quite go through with it!

Attending Sarfend on a Friday night hardly proves he's a footall fan. It won't have cost him a penny to get there, whereas the true supporters will have dug deep & taken time off work to get there.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:41 - Mar 19 with 4655 views1mark1

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:01 - Mar 19 by SuddenLad

Attending Sarfend on a Friday night hardly proves he's a footall fan. It won't have cost him a penny to get there, whereas the true supporters will have dug deep & taken time off work to get there.

Indeed. Don't most Chairmen of clubs attend such games, it is expected of them to be there.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:45 - Mar 19 with 4638 views1mark1

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:15 - Mar 19 by Yorkshire_Dale

Can't see why a bury fan would transfer allegiance to Dale. No way would I transfer my allegiance if something bad happened to Dale to another local league club . Rochdale TOwn Or another non league team might, but it would never be the same.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:53 - Mar 19 with 4537 viewsR11BFC

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:01 - Mar 19 by SuddenLad

How do you know it wont have cost him a penny to get there? He didnt go on the team coach for starters.

Anyway, he's a football fan. Fact. I mean, who the fook would want to go to a football match if you dont like football...especially on a Friday night?! But it's not just Southend on a Friday night - i think he's been to every match home and away and a load of youth matches...so come on be fair. You know me and my views but it's undoubted he's a football fan.

That doesnt mean i'm not critical of him and some of his business practices (far from it) but as i say, there's an element of comfort there...rather than if he never turned up to any matches.

I'm still 99.9% certain it'll all end in tears...but i like to be balanced in my views.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:15 - Mar 19 with 4480 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:53 - Mar 19 by R11BFC

How do you know it wont have cost him a penny to get there? He didnt go on the team coach for starters.

Anyway, he's a football fan. Fact. I mean, who the fook would want to go to a football match if you dont like football...especially on a Friday night?! But it's not just Southend on a Friday night - i think he's been to every match home and away and a load of youth matches...so come on be fair. You know me and my views but it's undoubted he's a football fan.

That doesnt mean i'm not critical of him and some of his business practices (far from it) but as i say, there's an element of comfort there...rather than if he never turned up to any matches.

I'm still 99.9% certain it'll all end in tears...but i like to be balanced in my views.

Are you aware of the phrase 'currying favour'?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024