Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 2042717 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:53 - Mar 14 with 7500 viewskel

Had a mooch on the bucket board last night and after sifting through the posts from that heap bridge bloke about us (we’re the obsessed ones apparently), I had a look at their match thread from the other night.

Many of them want their club to ‘splash the cash’ and get a new striker in to push for promotion. Push the boat out and all that.

They’ll never learn. I’ll give it 3 years if they merge.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:09 - Mar 14 with 7455 viewssxdale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:53 - Mar 14 by kel

Had a mooch on the bucket board last night and after sifting through the posts from that heap bridge bloke about us (we’re the obsessed ones apparently), I had a look at their match thread from the other night.

Many of them want their club to ‘splash the cash’ and get a new striker in to push for promotion. Push the boat out and all that.

Fair point, I only go on the beardyman side of the board not the AFC side.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:25 - Mar 14 with 7355 viewsceme_ender

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:53 - Mar 14 by kel

I think they mean just sign a centre forward, any half decent one, as the two we have are very slow and injured,you rarely pay a fee at that level, and with enough money in the bank to cover a decent wage at that level until the end of the season, why not give it a go instead of not knowing and wasting another season in the same league, for a very small outlay. £250 a game for ten games wont break the bank.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:46 - Mar 14 with 7307 viewskel

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:25 - Mar 14 by ceme_ender

I think they mean just sign a centre forward, any half decent one, as the two we have are very slow and injured,you rarely pay a fee at that level, and with enough money in the bank to cover a decent wage at that level until the end of the season, why not give it a go instead of not knowing and wasting another season in the same league, for a very small outlay. £250 a game for ten games wont break the bank.

Fair point, but why would it be a waste staying in the same league? I was under the impression it was about steady sustainability. Has that changed now?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:47 - Mar 16 with 6861 viewsceme_ender

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:46 - Mar 14 by kel

Fair point, but why would it be a waste staying in the same league? I was under the impression it was about steady sustainability. Has that changed now?

We have got steady sustainability, but you still also want to aim to progress up the pyramid if the opportunity arises, one player would make a massive difference and with upwards of 300k in the bank and only 12 games left of the season with the title still a chance, there is no point playing injured players who are knackered and struggling to run up front when there are players out there who could make a massive difference for a few grand in total, you have got to bring someone in, which I am sure they are trying to do.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:51 - May 3 with 5771 viewsblackdogblue

Here we go again…

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:03 - May 3 with 5743 viewsJames1980

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:51 - May 3 by blackdogblue

Here we go again…

Is photo ID required?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:47 - May 3 with 5689 viewsheywooddale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:03 - May 3 by James1980

Is photo ID required?

No, but I have heard you are allowed to cast your vote in crayon.
Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:48 - May 5 with 5139 viewsHullDale

Merger approved - subject to a second ratification vote (which should pass as it has a much lower threshold than the first).
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:30 - May 6 with 4879 viewsLaveritty

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:48 - May 5 by HullDale

Merger approved - subject to a second ratification vote (which should pass as it has a much lower threshold than the first).

How many divisions are they below us and how long before we could potentially play them again in a league fixture?

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:52 - May 6 with 4855 viewsHullDale

Radio this morning said they'll be 9th tier, we're 5th.

One promotion and one relegation puts us 6th and 8th, so at least 2 seasons off as a minimum.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:56 - May 6 with 4850 viewsnordenblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:30 - May 6 by Laveritty

How many divisions are they below us and how long before we could potentially play them again in a league fixture?

They're currently in the 9th tier(NW Counties) and we're starting next year in the 5th tier... I'm guessing theoretically both teams could meet in 3(?) seasons time but you'd like to think/hope that's highly unlikely.....
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:27 - May 6 with 4645 viewskel

A number of them now think it’s the old club and all the history that comes with it. They seem to forget the huge debt they’ve never paid off and never will. Never been the sharpest have they?

Bless.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:41 - May 6 with 4597 viewsLaveritty

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:56 - May 6 by nordenblue

They're currently in the 9th tier(NW Counties) and we're starting next year in the 5th tier... I'm guessing theoretically both teams could meet in 3(?) seasons time but you'd like to think/hope that's highly unlikely.....

No doubt the 'new' Bury (AFC) were hoping to storm their way through the leagues with them being such a massive club at that level?

Think they might have had a bit of a reality check though as they 'only' finished 4th, a distant 12 points behind the league winners Vauxhall Motors, in the season just ended.

I am just hoping that we at least manage to stabilise in the National League but reading some of the comments on another thread, about possibly entering administration, leaves me worried that we could be meeting them sooner, and at a lower level, than we might have wished?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:43 - May 6 with 4575 viewsLaveritty

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:27 - May 6 by kel

A number of them now think it’s the old club and all the history that comes with it. They seem to forget the huge debt they’ve never paid off and never will. Never been the sharpest have they?

Bless.

No doubt claiming to be twice winners of the FA Cup!

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:25 - May 6 with 4444 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:27 - May 6 by kel

Bless.

Not to mention our mate claiming they will be back in the Football League before us.

They might well be, but last time I looked, this 'new bury' still didn't actually exist, didn't have any players and hadn't played any games.

They will NEVER change.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:20 - May 6 with 4334 viewsrod_leach

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:25 - May 6 by TVOS1907

Not to mention our mate claiming they will be back in the Football League before us.

They might well be, but last time I looked, this 'new bury' still didn't actually exist, didn't have any players and hadn't played any games.

They will NEVER change.

It is astonishing. There are comments over there about when two clubs amalgamate, then they have to come in to the system in the place of the lower one. The Bury FC that went bust isn't involved in anything that's going on now. It is two completely different entities.
You can't buy history.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:29 - Jul 8 with 2635 viewsJames1980

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:43 - Jul 8 with 2590 viewssxdale

True to form Radio Bolton not letting the truth get in the way of a headline.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:52 - Jul 8 with 2540 viewsJames1980

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:43 - Jul 8 by sxdale

True to form Radio Bolton not letting the truth get in the way of a headline.

Can they really be called Bury FC? I thought they no longer exist.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:05 - Jul 8 with 2500 viewsThreeLions

Had a quick look at their game as showing on my IPTV. Ground looks empty. I would have thought their first match back it would have been full to the rafters
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:57 - Jul 8 with 2263 viewsBigKindo

Close result. Managed to hold Bradford City to a 6 0 loss.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:59 - Jul 8 with 2258 viewsEllDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:05 - Jul 8 by ThreeLions

Had a quick look at their game as showing on my IPTV. Ground looks empty. I would have thought their first match back it would have been full to the rafters

Surely the Bantams would have taken thousands with their massive a2ay support?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:20 - Jul 8 with 2218 viewswhambarplj

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:59 - Jul 8 by EllDale

Surely the Bantams would have taken thousands with their massive a2ay support?

Sold out 2300, restricted crowd by council.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:00 - Jul 8 with 2129 viewsEllDale

I wrote on here months ago that the licensing wouldn’t be in place for them at the moment to open the ground fully despite what some of their fans might think.
Given the average crowds at that tier they may well leave it as it is for the time being.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024