Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 2019012 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:29 - Mar 31 with 6737 viewsTalkingSutty

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:29 - Mar 31 by dingdangblue

Amazing.
Whatever we are paying Keith Hill or whatever transfer bonus he is on............HE IS WORTH EVERY PENNY.

Always said that. The fans and Hilly have always had domestic disputes along the way,I don't think that will ever change, but the impact he's had on the Club will always be set in stone. It's fitting that the Stadium was secured with Hilly still in the managerial hot seat and it will be seen as part of his legacy at the club. He deserves that.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:00 - Mar 31 with 6631 views1mark1

Brilliant set of financial results, and I agree well done and thanks for the board and others for running the club so well.

So the Radcliffe was purchased over a year ago, but only announced last week, or have I miss understood? WoulD have thought it would have been at least a couple of hundred grand , but money well spent, as it will create money for the Club going forward.

Regarding the SC purchase, will that be classed as year 2016 and was the money already there, and that's why the CD was able to state that the playing budget for next week will not be affected adversely? Again fantastic worthy purchase.

I personally think it's a good time to gamble on low price STs, so long as there is no negative effect on the playing budget.

Do we think that bury' finance results will be as good.😉

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:02 - Mar 31 with 6627 viewsDaleiLama

Puts the £500 we rolled the dice on for the red card into perspective. Not saying I agree with spending it, but the club earned it and the club spent it how it saw fit. I guess there was an internal consensus that our play-off push would be stronger with number 40 than without him, and whilst the club is being managed as well as it is, I'm not sure what second guessing every decision it makes really achieves? Probably an unpopular view which will attract criticism, but c'est la vie.

I'd guess that these terrific numbers have allowed the club much more fiscal freedom, contributing to the final negotiation of the stadium settlement. They may even have a bearing on the "watch this space" impending announcement on ticket prices for next year, plus provide a lot of other opportunities for betterment of the club.

It seems like the momentum behind the scenes is starting to catch up to what is happening on the pitch and this gives us a very solid platform to move on from next season. All this feel-good stuff must surely be an additional draw to corporate sponsors and institutions that want to surf on the back of the wave of positivity.

Great job to all concerned.

Up the dale.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:08 - Mar 31 with 6614 viewsTalkingSutty

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:03 - Mar 31 by roccydaleian

Great stuff. We all might get a free pie and drink now #keepsomepeoplehappy

Well I think the fans who have stayed loyal to the Club do need to be factored into the good news coming out of the Club, it's nice to feel inclusive especially when there's not many of us footballing people. It's a very expensive hobby/addiction!!
[Post edited 31 Mar 2016 15:10]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:00 - Mar 31 with 6354 viewsHopwoodblue

Does anyone know if the TV money has gone up next season and f so what is the increase ?

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:15 - Mar 31 with 6330 viewsSuddenLad

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:08 - Mar 31 by TalkingSutty

Well I think the fans who have stayed loyal to the Club do need to be factored into the good news coming out of the Club, it's nice to feel inclusive especially when there's not many of us footballing people. It's a very expensive hobby/addiction!!
[Post edited 31 Mar 2016 15:10]

I agree with the point you are making. However, there are plenty of people 'loyal to the club' who don't have season tickets. How do you factor those in and how do you identify them ?

What 'incetives' or 'rewards' would you offer ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:17 - Mar 31 with 6319 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:15 - Mar 31 by SuddenLad

I agree with the point you are making. However, there are plenty of people 'loyal to the club' who don't have season tickets. How do you factor those in and how do you identify them ?

By reducing matchday prices. Hopefully it would then lead to more people becoming loyal to the club too

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:22 - Mar 31 with 6305 viewsR17ALE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:00 - Mar 31 by Hopwoodblue

Does anyone know if the TV money has gone up next season and f so what is the increase ?

Virtually everything has gone up including shop sales up by 20%!

TV income though went down from £20,000 to £3000.

On the other hand the League and FA pool rose from a healthy £655,000 to an eye-watering £986,000.

Prize money jumped from £124,500 to a decent £281,000. This will be due to our FA Cup run I guess.

Gate receipts were up £100,000 to just over £900,000 - again due to the cup run I'd guess.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:33 - Mar 31 with 6269 viewsrobbowood

In February 2015 the FL meeting reported

The Football League and Premier League have concluded a new 'rolling' Solidarity agreement that will see a proportion of Premier League television revenues re-distributed to Football League clubs from 2016/17. It provides the first contracted link between the broadcasting revenues of the two domestic professional leagues since the formation of the Premier League in 1992.

Under the agreement, parachute payments to relegated Premier League clubs will be reduced from the current four season to three seasons, with Championship clubs (that are not in receipt of parachute payments) being awarded a solidarity payment equivalent to 30% of a third-year parachute payment. League 1 and League 2 clubs will receive 4.5% and 3% of a third-year payment, respectively.

Football League Chief Executive Shaun Harvey said: “The eventual level of parachute and solidarity payments made to Football League clubs from 2016/17 will only be known once the Premier League has concluded the sale of its overseas rights. Nevertheless, given the scale of its domestic agreement, it seems reasonable to expect that the eventual amounts paid to Football League clubs will be substantially greater than those we’ve seen previously and could amount to more than £100m per season.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:51 - Mar 31 with 6133 viewsBartRowou

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:33 - Mar 31 by robbowood

In February 2015 the FL meeting reported

The Football League and Premier League have concluded a new 'rolling' Solidarity agreement that will see a proportion of Premier League television revenues re-distributed to Football League clubs from 2016/17. It provides the first contracted link between the broadcasting revenues of the two domestic professional leagues since the formation of the Premier League in 1992.

Under the agreement, parachute payments to relegated Premier League clubs will be reduced from the current four season to three seasons, with Championship clubs (that are not in receipt of parachute payments) being awarded a solidarity payment equivalent to 30% of a third-year parachute payment. League 1 and League 2 clubs will receive 4.5% and 3% of a third-year payment, respectively.

Football League Chief Executive Shaun Harvey said: “The eventual level of parachute and solidarity payments made to Football League clubs from 2016/17 will only be known once the Premier League has concluded the sale of its overseas rights. Nevertheless, given the scale of its domestic agreement, it seems reasonable to expect that the eventual amounts paid to Football League clubs will be substantially greater than those we’ve seen previously and could amount to more than £100m per season.

Is this the same solidarity that sees PL clubs effectively stealing up and coming youth players for a pittance?

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:02 - Mar 31 with 6105 views100notout

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:22 - Mar 31 by R17ALE

On the other hand the League and FA pool rose from a healthy £655,000 to an eye-watering £986,000.

Prize money jumped from £124,500 to a decent £281,000. This will be due to our FA Cup run I guess.

Gate receipts were up £100,000 to just over £900,000 - again due to the cup run I'd guess.

strangely enough the takings in the Ratcliffe Arms went down by almost 50%. Can't understand that - surely it should have been busier than ever last season??????

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:08 - Mar 31 with 6093 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:02 - Mar 31 by 100notout

strangely enough the takings in the Ratcliffe Arms went down by almost 50%. Can't understand that - surely it should have been busier than ever last season??????

The club really need to make a huge effort to try and get all Dale fans drinking/eating in there pre/post match. Better ales , more choice and cheaper is the only way - get fans into the habit of going there instead of the pubs/social clubs nearby.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:17 - Mar 31 with 6083 viewsTalkingSutty

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:15 - Mar 31 by SuddenLad

I don't think you have to be a season ticket holder to be loyal to the Club you can also pay through the turnstiles,but those who attend games week in week out shouldn't be treated with disdain or taken for granted and I think we are at times,obviously I dont expect you to agree with me.

Not really bothered about a reward, being treated as a valued customer would be nice though.I would love to know which people are 'footballing people' though and which people aren't? Maybe the Chief Executive could be asked that question next time he's interviewed on Dale Player or at his next Supporters Trust meeting.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:25 - Mar 31 with 6060 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:08 - Mar 31 by dingdangblue

The club really need to make a huge effort to try and get all Dale fans drinking/eating in there pre/post match. Better ales , more choice and cheaper is the only way - get fans into the habit of going there instead of the pubs/social clubs nearby.

But with a season in L1 with bigger away followings the takings should have still been pretty good.

To be fair in the Dale Bar part of the Ratciffe, it's usually quite well populated at most games.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:27 - Mar 31 with 6051 viewsdingdangblue

I've quoted this article before - if their figures are correct its a huge increase.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/557584/Premier-League-clubs-earn-season-

- Solidarity payments to lower league clubs currently total around £55m a year - Championship clubs receive £2.3m annually (unless they receive parachute payments), League One clubs £360,000 and League Two 240,000. A 70 per rise would see that total reach around £90m.

£360,000 should increase to £612,000
[Post edited 31 Mar 2016 22:34]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:27 - Mar 31 with 6050 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:22 - Mar 31 by R17ALE

The standard of the kits will have helped with that raise in shop takings.

The season before it was the awful blue & black thin stripes at home with the Bury-esque away kit. Last season's plain blue with black trim and yellow away strip were more popular.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:33 - Mar 31 with 6023 views100notout

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:25 - Mar 31 by 442Dale

But with a season in L1 with bigger away followings the takings should have still been pretty good.

To be fair in the Dale Bar part of the Ratciffe, it's usually quite well populated at most games.

which makes the 50% reduction in sales even more of a mystery

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:21 - Mar 31 with 5945 viewsrobbowood

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:33 - Mar 31 by 100notout

which makes the 50% reduction in sales even more of a mystery

The Rochdale Bar purchases were also down by about 48% which offsets the reduction in sales

Possibly the number of non-football functions held there were less than in the previous year ?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:00 - Apr 1 with 5717 viewsJimmyRustler

Not surprised to see the Ratcliffe takings down.

I know our hands have been tied by the brewery but the prices in there are extortionate and as a result, it doesn't take many stay always for the financial impact to be felt.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:13 - Apr 1 with 5690 viewsD_Alien

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:00 - Apr 1 by JimmyRustler

Not surprised to see the Ratcliffe takings down.

I know our hands have been tied by the brewery but the prices in there are extortionate and as a result, it doesn't take many stay always for the financial impact to be felt.

Agree. The cost of a pint is in some cases a full £1 higher than you'd pay in, for instance, the Flying Horse e.g for a pint of Manchester Pale Ale (Lees).

This needs to be addressed in the reconfiguration of the business model.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:48 - Apr 1 with 5647 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:13 - Apr 1 by D_Alien

Agree. The cost of a pint is in some cases a full £1 higher than you'd pay in, for instance, the Flying Horse e.g for a pint of Manchester Pale Ale (Lees).

This needs to be addressed in the reconfiguration of the business model.

Even closer - Spotland Social club. If you can get 3 pints in there for nearly the price of 2 in the Ratcliffe its a no brainer Im afraid. From the start of next season it needs relaunching for our 1st home game - get the fans in and try and keep them.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:56 - Apr 1 with 5625 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:01 - Mar 18 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Transfer embargo apparently!

Although they are having one last harrah by bringing a Championship striker in!

So are the PFA paying the players wages or have they called in the loan that remains as one of the 'charges' on the ground.

Tick Tock #MayDayMayDay
[Post edited 18 Mar 2016 11:09]

Interesting development on the embargo rumour

http://www.gigglane.com/showthread.php/29772-Our-beloved-chairman-interviewed!/p

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:14 - Apr 4 with 5281 viewsRAFCBLUE

Hearing today from a bury fc supporter chasing overdue money and he's talking of "going concern issues" in BL9!

A very interesting development for them with only three home games left. Their last two games Millwall and Southend will not bring many cash paying customers.

Fear not though dear buckets. I have a cunning plan to save you. I suggest a pop concert this summer containing worldwide music acts.

Tickets are £500 each (including a bus ride to an industrial estate of your choice) for that I can guarantee sets from the Beatles, the Who, Michael Jackson and Elvis amongst other great acts*.

Please send cash (in a brown envelope) to:

The Taxmans Taken All My Dough - BL9 party tribute concert
C/o The Dale Bar

*acts may change without notice and we reserve the right to spend your money on a beer or two without giving you any music. No refunds.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:09 - Apr 5 with 5082 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:14 - Apr 4 by RAFCBLUE

Hearing today from a bury fc supporter chasing overdue money and he's talking of "going concern issues" in BL9!

A very interesting development for them with only three home games left. Their last two games Millwall and Southend will not bring many cash paying customers.

Fear not though dear buckets. I have a cunning plan to save you. I suggest a pop concert this summer containing worldwide music acts.

Tickets are £500 each (including a bus ride to an industrial estate of your choice) for that I can guarantee sets from the Beatles, the Who, Michael Jackson and Elvis amongst other great acts*.

Please send cash (in a brown envelope) to:

The Taxmans Taken All My Dough - BL9 party tribute concert
C/o The Dale Bar

*acts may change without notice and we reserve the right to spend your money on a beer or two without giving you any music. No refunds.

Closing the Cemi End for the next two games too!

Obviously to cut costs.

#TickTock #MayDayMayDay

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:07 - Apr 5 with 4902 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:09 - Apr 5 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Closing the Cemi End for the next two games too!

Obviously to cut costs.

#TickTock #MayDayMayDay

It's sweet the way that they try to bury (no pun intended) bad news as the last thought of an article about letting kids for a £1.

"However the club have also taken the decision to close the East Stand for the Doncaster & Millwall games"

Think of the money they could save if they closed all four stands and relocated to Salford City......

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024