Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thick Oldham Fans On Sandy Lane 19:11 - Oct 24 with 4196 viewsNinco

It just shows the mentality of some of these Oldham fans. We were stood at the bus stop on Sandy Lane after the game and a group of uneducated Oldham fans went past. Clearly lacking the intelligence to have a constructive debate about the outcome of the match, they resorted to chanting 'Bus W@*kers' to us. The two important things they were too thick to realise were that they were on foot, which is worse than being on a bus, and also, they were being closely followed by the police who were ensuring that this group got to their destination without causing trouble. Well guess what, those of us in the bus queue have the freedom to go wherever we want without some police officer pushing them back in line like a prisoner and forcing them to go in one direction. I know which I would choose.
Thick Oldham Fans On Sandy Lane on 19:13 - Oct 24 with 4168 viewsD_Alien

That's on a par with them singing "we forgot that you were here" to the Pearl St when they'd spent the previous 75 minutes looking at us instead of watching the match

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Thick Oldham Fans On Sandy Lane on 19:33 - Oct 24 with 4044 viewsanotherbiffo

Thick Oldham Fans On Sandy Lane on 19:13 - Oct 24 by D_Alien

That's on a par with them singing "we forgot that you were here" to the Pearl St when they'd spent the previous 75 minutes looking at us instead of watching the match

I say, I beg to differ old chap !

One had barely parked the Bentley when a gang of Rochdale toughs invited one to « have it now you biffo w@nkers ».
Not normally inclined to rowdy behaviour, (although one do have an Oxford blue for boxing) one did nevertheless feel inclined to give these thugs a bloody good thrashing. One is all for a bit of horseplay but when a fellow can't enjoy a glass of St. Emilion with his Oldham pals in the Regal moon without being called a cad...well it's as if the bolshevics had taken over Buckingham palace etc etc.
Thick Oldham Fans On Sandy Lane on 19:38 - Oct 24 with 3994 viewsD_Alien

Thick Oldham Fans On Sandy Lane on 19:33 - Oct 24 by anotherbiffo

One had barely parked the Bentley when a gang of Rochdale toughs invited one to « have it now you biffo w@nkers ».
Not normally inclined to rowdy behaviour, (although one do have an Oxford blue for boxing) one did nevertheless feel inclined to give these thugs a bloody good thrashing. One is all for a bit of horseplay but when a fellow can't enjoy a glass of St. Emilion with his Oldham pals in the Regal moon without being called a cad...well it's as if the bolshevics had taken over Buckingham palace etc etc.

We (and it's the royal "we") have our fair share of w@nkers, old chum, of that there can be no denial

Still, your w@nkers displayed a very unhealthy interest in the good citizens of the Pearl St and were significantly mistaken in their attempt to remember they'd forgotten we were there

What ho!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Thick Oldham Fans On Sandy Lane on 19:39 - Oct 24 with 3986 viewsNinco

So where did you go for your pre-match drink then seeing as how the bouncers on the Ratcliffe Arms were letting in all the Dale fans and turning all the Oldham fans away?
Thick Oldham Fans On Sandy Lane on 19:45 - Oct 24 with 3934 viewsanotherbiffo

This board doesn't do irony, then, Ninco?
Thick Oldham Fans On Sandy Lane on 19:47 - Oct 24 with 3912 viewsTalkingSutty

Thick Oldham Fans On Sandy Lane on 19:39 - Oct 24 by Ninco

So where did you go for your pre-match drink then seeing as how the bouncers on the Ratcliffe Arms were letting in all the Dale fans and turning all the Oldham fans away?

A bit of praise for the two regular doormen at the Ratcliffe Bar. You wouldnt want to mess with them but they are two well mannered guys who i always find to be very curteous. They do a good job and at times it can't be easy.
Thick Oldham Fans On Sandy Lane on 19:54 - Oct 24 with 3856 viewsroccydaleian

Thick Oldham Fans On Sandy Lane on 19:47 - Oct 24 by TalkingSutty

A bit of praise for the two regular doormen at the Ratcliffe Bar. You wouldnt want to mess with them but they are two well mannered guys who i always find to be very curteous. They do a good job and at times it can't be easy.

Plus plenty of biffo's in the bar today and nay bother..
Thick Oldham Fans On Sandy Lane on 20:14 - Oct 24 with 3772 viewsNinco

Thick Oldham Fans On Sandy Lane on 19:54 - Oct 24 by roccydaleian

Plus plenty of biffo's in the bar today and nay bother..

How when they were checking everyone's ticket?
Login to get fewer ads

Thick Oldham Fans On Sandy Lane on 20:14 - Oct 24 with 3772 viewsBigKindo

Dare I suggest that your degree was perhaps not in English, your declension of the verb do is appalling. I assume you got a third in hooray henrying.
Thick Oldham Fans On Sandy Lane on 20:21 - Oct 24 with 3737 viewsBartRowou

I think, when all is said and done, a bit of foul and abusive at the bus stop equates to a pretty peaceful day when compared to last year. Bet the MEN are gutted.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Thick Oldham Fans On Sandy Lane on 20:28 - Oct 24 with 3686 viewsNinco

Thick Oldham Fans On Sandy Lane on 20:21 - Oct 24 by BartRowou

I think, when all is said and done, a bit of foul and abusive at the bus stop equates to a pretty peaceful day when compared to last year. Bet the MEN are gutted.

How do you know that is all that happened? I agree that it did appear trouble free inside the ground, but we don't know what else happened after the match. There was a hell of a lot of police at the Regal Moon, so I would imagine they were expecting a bit of aggro.
Thick Oldham Fans On Sandy Lane on 20:29 - Oct 24 with 3681 viewsroccydaleian

Thick Oldham Fans On Sandy Lane on 20:14 - Oct 24 by Ninco

Dunno! All i can tell you is what i saw. My son arranged to meet a couple of Owdham fans pre match and they got in no problem TS had a chat with 'em.. Plus loads of 'em out for a smoke and all had Owdham shirts and coats on.
Thick Oldham Fans On Sandy Lane on 20:35 - Oct 24 with 3647 viewsNinco

Thick Oldham Fans On Sandy Lane on 20:29 - Oct 24 by roccydaleian

Dunno! All i can tell you is what i saw. My son arranged to meet a couple of Owdham fans pre match and they got in no problem TS had a chat with 'em.. Plus loads of 'em out for a smoke and all had Owdham shirts and coats on.

It's like with any club, most of them are decent fans who just want to watch the game, but there are always a small percentage who want to cause trouble at any game.

As an example, a group of Oldham fans were walking through the town centre near the Regal Moon, and they were on the road because of the building work where they are revealing the river. The bus went past and they didn't like the fact that it was so close to them, even though they shouldn't have been there because there is no pavement, so one of them decided to punch the bus window twice. It could easily have gone through and injured someone.
Thick Oldham Fans On Sandy Lane on 21:04 - Oct 24 with 3543 viewsanotherbiffo

Thick Oldham Fans On Sandy Lane on 20:14 - Oct 24 by BigKindo

Dare I suggest that your degree was perhaps not in English, your declension of the verb do is appalling. I assume you got a third in hooray henrying.

Blame the little man who does the proof-reading.

Seriously though, a thread about trouble that nearly happened?
Thick Oldham Fans On Sandy Lane on 21:44 - Oct 24 with 3392 viewsnordenblue

Thick Oldham Fans On Sandy Lane on 20:14 - Oct 24 by Ninco

I met for a drink with 3 oldham fans all in colours in there and not an ounce of bother before the game
Thick Oldham Fans On Sandy Lane on 00:15 - Oct 25 with 3138 viewsShawLatic

Thick Oldham Fans On Sandy Lane on 19:13 - Oct 24 by D_Alien

We had no shots on target the whole game is it any wonder 😂
Thick Oldham Fans On Sandy Lane on 14:08 - Oct 27 with 2337 viewsrochdaleriddler

plenty of biffos in the Baum- no issues whatsoever

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Thick Oldham Fans On Sandy Lane on 16:53 - Oct 27 with 2191 viewsBrierls

If all we (and I mean the decent Dale and Oldham fans) have to worry about is bus w@nkers being called bus w@nkers, and an incident where somebody got angry when a bus got too close, I'd say that is a welcome improvement on previous derby fixtures.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024