Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust in Sir Huw 07:39 - Nov 9 with 4594 viewsmarchamjack

Whether he backs Garry or sacks him and gets someone else in (who none of us on here or in the press will correctly predict no doubt) then we all need to relax as Sir Hubert will get it right and we'll stay up.

Anyone really disagree with this when you properly think about it?

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Trust in Sir Huw on 07:41 - Nov 9 with 3131 viewsairedale

no, I reckon you're right.
Trust in Sir Huw on 07:55 - Nov 9 with 3078 viewsOxfordshire_Jack

Games managed in the Prem = 74
Won = 28
Drawn = 16
Lost = 30
Any Chairman of a club outside of the top 6 in the UK would be happy with that. It’s an absurd suggestion to sack him. I think some people forget too easily that we are not an Arsenal, Manchester United etc..
Trust in Sir Huw on 07:59 - Nov 9 with 3061 viewsAngelRangelQS

Trust in Sir Huw on 07:55 - Nov 9 by Oxfordshire_Jack

Won = 28
Drawn = 16
Lost = 30
Any Chairman of a club outside of the top 6 in the UK would be happy with that. It’s an absurd suggestion to sack him. I think some people forget too easily that we are not an Arsenal, Manchester United etc..

I'm sorry but we all know how well he did last season. This is about the here and now though and any decision must be based on whether he can turn things around now that the chips are down. Last season shouldn't come into it
Trust in Sir Huw on 07:59 - Nov 9 with 3062 viewsGTCJack

Trust in Sir Huw on 07:55 - Nov 9 by Oxfordshire_Jack

Won = 28
Drawn = 16
Lost = 30

I agree to an extent. I think if we weren't seeing the on field issues and the massive change of playing style then that would be a fair assessment. We have however seen that a decent record doesn't always mean that you'll be backed as suggested by Laudrup leaving. It was for other reasons.

The question is, are we going along the same path? Lack of playing style/plan, bizarre subtitutions, blind faith that the team is dominating. Monk isn't helping himself at the moment.
Trust in Sir Huw on 08:32 - Nov 9 with 2981 viewsmonmouth

Trust in Sir Huw on 07:59 - Nov 9 by AngelRangelQS

I'm sorry but we all know how well he did last season. This is about the here and now though and any decision must be based on whether he can turn things around now that the chips are down. Last season shouldn't come into it

I think rationally everyone agrees with this. The main dispute is about time to turn it around. 2 months ago everyone was blowing smoke up his bum and he was up for manager of the month, so it's not just last season. That's why on results alone it would be a stupid move now. I actually thought the same about Laudrup despite a much worse record and longer trough. I was probably wrong then, although him with Monk as coach might have been interesting for however long it would have lasted!

You are right though...the factor that none of us know now, as then, that is critical in the argument, is whether he still carries the confidence of the dressing room and the chairman. I guess that one will be answered soon.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Trust in Sir Huw on 09:04 - Nov 9 with 2906 viewsNeath_Jack

The directors are bound to be having seriously twitchy bums now, what with the amount of money that they are set to lose personally if we go down.

I wouldn't sack him now, i'd give him a bit longer and i said that about ML as well. If it was just based on results this year i think that they would give him longer to try and turn it around, but it's the way we are playing lately that is the issue, and that will put the final nail in the coffin i suspect.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Trust in Sir Huw on 09:11 - Nov 9 with 2875 viewsItchySphincter

It will be a shame if he isn't given a chance to turn things around as he might not get another bite at it. This could be the making of him. Like Monny said, how long is long enough? I think if you're starting to look like one win in 10 then you're looking at a slump, that's got to be worse than bad form and could be a runaway train. Five league games from there and if you're looking at one win in 15 it's ta ra.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Trust in Sir Huw on 09:12 - Nov 9 with 2861 viewsAngelRangelQS

Trust in Sir Huw on 09:04 - Nov 9 by Neath_Jack

The directors are bound to be having seriously twitchy bums now, what with the amount of money that they are set to lose personally if we go down.

I wouldn't sack him now, i'd give him a bit longer and i said that about ML as well. If it was just based on results this year i think that they would give him longer to try and turn it around, but it's the way we are playing lately that is the issue, and that will put the final nail in the coffin i suspect.

I personally think we've been playing like a side whose manager has lost the dressing room for weeks now
Login to get fewer ads

Trust in Sir Huw on 09:16 - Nov 9 with 2845 viewsAnotherJohn

Trust in Sir Huw on 08:32 - Nov 9 by monmouth

I think rationally everyone agrees with this. The main dispute is about time to turn it around. 2 months ago everyone was blowing smoke up his bum and he was up for manager of the month, so it's not just last season. That's why on results alone it would be a stupid move now. I actually thought the same about Laudrup despite a much worse record and longer trough. I was probably wrong then, although him with Monk as coach might have been interesting for however long it would have lasted!

You are right though...the factor that none of us know now, as then, that is critical in the argument, is whether he still carries the confidence of the dressing room and the chairman. I guess that one will be answered soon.

I would still give Garry more time, but not beyond mid-December. Monmouth's post about ML's Swansea record being 'much worse' made me look at Wiki.

Games 84 W 29 D 24 L 31

I'm not sure whether this is league and cup (probably is), but it is not so different from Garry's record quoted earlier in the thread. If we take Laudrup's last 10 results and Garry's last 10, I think the latter is marginally worse re points. One might also say that, at the stage when ML was sacked in the earlier season, we had had the strain of mid-week Euro ties and a lot of injuries. So we are in a bad slump - though one I hope Garry can turn around, starting with Bournemouth.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2015 9:22]
Trust in Sir Huw on 09:19 - Nov 9 with 2826 viewsUxbridge

Trust in Sir Huw on 09:16 - Nov 9 by AnotherJohn

I would still give Garry more time, but not beyond mid-December. Monmouth's post about ML's Swansea record being 'much worse' made me look at Wiki.

Games 84 W 29 D 24 L 31

I'm not sure whether this is league and cup (probably is), but it is not so different from Garry's record quoted earlier in the thread. If we take Laudrup's last 10 results and Garry's last 10, I think the latter is marginally worse re points. One might also say that, at the stage when ML was sacked in the earlier season, we had had the strain of mid-week Euro ties and a lot of injuries. So we are in a bad slump - though one I hope Garry can turn around, starting with Bournemouth.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2015 9:22]

You have to factor in the fact that the first six months under Laudrup were stellar. The rest, not so much.

It's a bad run, for sure, to be honest the performances worry me more than anything, but I'd worry if we ripped up everything after one bad run. Monk needs to be given time to turn it around IMO.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Trust in Sir Huw on 09:29 - Nov 9 with 2782 viewsBloodyhills

I have huge Trust in Huw.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Trust in Sir Huw on 09:29 - Nov 9 with 2782 viewsAnotherJohn

Trust in Sir Huw on 09:19 - Nov 9 by Uxbridge

You have to factor in the fact that the first six months under Laudrup were stellar. The rest, not so much.

It's a bad run, for sure, to be honest the performances worry me more than anything, but I'd worry if we ripped up everything after one bad run. Monk needs to be given time to turn it around IMO.

One might equally say that Garry's statistics are skewed by a very good finish last season. I don't think we are a million miles apart on GM deserving more time, but it is a question of how much more time. Under ML I had the sense that things would improve when we were out of Europe and players recovered from injury. This season I think a point of no return may come quite soon. If things don't pick up in the next couple of games I will find it hard to see any light at the end of the tunnel.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2015 9:40]
Trust in Sir Huw on 10:22 - Nov 9 with 2663 viewsDewi1jack

Personally, I think the board have hindered GM, by hiring/ appointing some of the coaching staff.
Will they admit their mistakes and go and get the best coaches the club can SAFELY afford?
IMHO, I think GM could use the help and it could be a way for him to keep his job.
Unfortunately, stubbornness may come into the equation.
We have to trust the board to make the right decisions for the club, even if it means them admitting mistakes.
The majority of people would only have more respect for them.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Trust in Sir Huw on 10:28 - Nov 9 with 2640 viewsUxbridge

Trust in Sir Huw on 09:29 - Nov 9 by AnotherJohn

One might equally say that Garry's statistics are skewed by a very good finish last season. I don't think we are a million miles apart on GM deserving more time, but it is a question of how much more time. Under ML I had the sense that things would improve when we were out of Europe and players recovered from injury. This season I think a point of no return may come quite soon. If things don't pick up in the next couple of games I will find it hard to see any light at the end of the tunnel.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2015 9:40]

To be honest I wasn't calling for Laudrup to go either.

Monk's tenure has been a series of peaks and troughs. This is just another one. The performances are what worry me, but I'm not panicking just yet.

I'd shake the team up. Playing with the same team and same tactics will likely only result in the same results.

Trust in Sir Huw on 10:32 - Nov 9 with 2620 viewsperchrockjack

Whether you or I would have or would now is not relevant but it appears Monk cannot halt this long slump.

More time could cost us more points as a buzzing Bournemuth will freak us and Citeh then destroy us and that will mean 6 more points gone ,leaving us further adrift.

I wouldn't sack UNLESS I had a replacement in line.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Trust in Sir Huw on 10:35 - Nov 9 with 2610 viewsGTCJack

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Garry-Monk-staying-Swansea-City-despite-
Trust in Sir Huw on 10:45 - Nov 9 with 2572 viewsicecoldjack

I would give monk more time.

The only thing is that we dont know if he has the backing of the dressing room, if he does then anfew tweaks with tactics and formation and he could turn it around.

If he has lost the dressing room then maybe he will need to move on, personally judging by how our football has been eroding away id say there are a few not too happy with the direction in which we are heading, i would include board members in that.

Something has gone wrong since the summer as the club gave him a new deal and everything was rosy.

Maybe the club wanted to strengthen the coaches around him and he didnt want that? Putting himsepf in an awkward position.

Hopefully this will straighten out though. No dpubt in my mind there has been too many ingredients thrown into the mix and that has turned the swansea way a bit sour .

Thats been my main gripe and its possibly what a few players and board members may be thinking too.

Laudrup had a big injury list to contend with and i could see a way out of the rut, for us to get out of this rut garry needs to re think his playing style a bit, but maybe he thinks he is right and others are wrong.

Craig bellamy always says it straight down the middle and he said of monk while doing the coaching badges that the guy is an absolute natural at the job, no reason to not bellers on his word, so there is talent in there without doubt, it just could be a case of a wrong turn and a reset of thinking.
Trust in Sir Huw on 10:54 - Nov 9 with 2532 viewsAngelRangelQS

Trust in Sir Huw on 10:28 - Nov 9 by Uxbridge

To be honest I wasn't calling for Laudrup to go either.

Monk's tenure has been a series of peaks and troughs. This is just another one. The performances are what worry me, but I'm not panicking just yet.

I'd shake the team up. Playing with the same team and same tactics will likely only result in the same results.

How would you shake the team up at the moment? What realistic changes can we really make?
Trust in Sir Huw on 11:07 - Nov 9 with 2482 viewsUxbridge

Trust in Sir Huw on 10:54 - Nov 9 by AngelRangelQS

How would you shake the team up at the moment? What realistic changes can we really make?

We have nigh on 2 players for every position. We can make as many changes as we want.

Personally, I'd bring in Leon to speed up the play, move Shelvey into the #10 position, start Routledge and bring Jeff off the bench, try Tabanou at LB (oh for someone on the left who can cross the ball), oh and tell Ayew to play on the wing and give his RB some protection. Maybe bring Eder in for Gomis, but I'm far from convinced the much maligned striker has been given any support from the rest of the team.

Trust in Sir Huw on 11:12 - Nov 9 with 2452 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Trust in Sir Huw on 10:54 - Nov 9 by AngelRangelQS

A holding midfield player should feature in every single game, I don't mind whether that's Cork or Leon. Ayew should be told to keep positional discipline and stop exposing our right back all the time or Routledge should play right midfield. Perm two of Ki, JJS and Gylfi,

If we are going to change the manager it should be done by mid December at the latest so that the new man has time to look at the squad and plan for the January window. Having said that this squad of players is more than capable of a mid table finish if managed well. There is no way that our current squad should be fighting relegation. Which brings us back to Garry Monk....

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Trust in Sir Huw on 11:19 - Nov 9 with 2439 viewsperchrockjack

Its also not a case of one single player becoming a minge

Hitherto good players are now shot to pieces and there has to be a reason and words alone are not enough.

I would have loved Monk to stay for years and grow and us with him but football is fickle and moves fast and it really is club first every time..

Cork used to be terrific for example, now he s behind Leon whom he was replacing apparently.
Tabanou also seems persona non grata with no explanation

Ayew was a rave for the first few games and has caught the malaise.

Even FAB is nowhere near his standard

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Trust in Sir Huw on 11:23 - Nov 9 with 2425 viewstomdickharry

How long is more time that's the £150M dollar question,its all about £SD now.
Trust in Sir Huw on 11:27 - Nov 9 with 2411 viewsunion_jack

Trust in Sir Huw on 09:04 - Nov 9 by Neath_Jack

I was about to reply to Monmouth but you have already done so. It's not the results per se, it's the manner if the defeats which not only includes inept playing style, but at best confusion by the players or at worse total apathy.

This will be very difficult to turn around, a bit like an ocean liner. Has Garry got what it takes to steer the ship? Have we got enough time to give him the chance? And importantly, can we afford to get rid of him now!?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Trust in Sir Huw on 11:35 - Nov 9 with 2390 viewsraynor94

Trust in Sir Huw on 11:27 - Nov 9 by union_jack

I was about to reply to Monmouth but you have already done so. It's not the results per se, it's the manner if the defeats which not only includes inept playing style, but at best confusion by the players or at worse total apathy.

This will be very difficult to turn around, a bit like an ocean liner. Has Garry got what it takes to steer the ship? Have we got enough time to give him the chance? And importantly, can we afford to get rid of him now!?

That's a spot on post, my main worry is the body language of the players and the pedestrian way we are playing, something is wrong when a squad of this quality is performing the way it is

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Trust in Sir Huw on 11:54 - Nov 9 with 2349 viewsLeonisGod

Trust in Sir Huw on 11:35 - Nov 9 by raynor94

That's a spot on post, my main worry is the body language of the players and the pedestrian way we are playing, something is wrong when a squad of this quality is performing the way it is

And Huw and the board will be well aware of that. They're not just faceless accountants who don't understand the football side. Huwbert will no doubt see what the mood's like behind the scenes and will be able to make the right call at the right time, I'm sure. If he doesn't, then tbf he would deserve some slack as he hasn't got much wrong over the last 10 years or so. 100% agree with the OP.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024