Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) 06:18 - Nov 19 with 8512 viewsFDC

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/qpr-want-jimmy-floyd-hassel
QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) on 13:24 - Nov 19 with 1866 viewsQPRMUSO

I had a feeling he is who we are after and i wouldn't have a problem with that at all.
QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) on 13:28 - Nov 19 with 1850 viewsTheBlob

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/620576/Chelsea-legend-Jimmy-Floyd-Hassel

Poll: So how was the season for you?

QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) on 13:31 - Nov 19 with 1838 viewsjamois

QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) on 10:31 - Nov 19 by Discodroids

Whoever its going to be, it will be about number 8 on their Shortlist/longlist.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2015 10:31]

But number 8 is the dream Disco. Or is it number 9, number 9, number 9.......

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) on 13:37 - Nov 19 with 1810 viewsGloryHunter

He lives in Wimbledon, I believe. Young family. Moving back to west London would be a good move.
QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) on 13:39 - Nov 19 with 1799 viewsbaz_qpr

QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) on 13:31 - Nov 19 by jamois

But number 8 is the dream Disco. Or is it number 9, number 9, number 9.......

The problem JFH will have is that he is very defensive coach , Burton concede very few and score very few, Given the Chelsea connection if the football is boring the crowd will turn quickly
QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) on 13:53 - Nov 19 with 1754 viewsSir_Chops

For my very-occasional two-pennies-worth, on the plus side at least the guy will have seen enough games in the lower two divisions to know a few young, cheaper, talented players knocking around that have the potential to step up - well, that's what I'd like to see happening still.

Curious episode when he took charge of newly-relegated Royal Antwerp before Burton. Looking at a 2-3 year plan, he did a year with them before turning a second season down according to Wikipedia. He was then attracted by the stability offered by Burton's set-up when he joined them.

Makes me wonder how long he'd stick around while QPR seem about as stable as a paper cup in a squall.
QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) on 13:55 - Nov 19 with 1747 viewsAntti_Heinola

QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) on 13:39 - Nov 19 by baz_qpr

The problem JFH will have is that he is very defensive coach , Burton concede very few and score very few, Given the Chelsea connection if the football is boring the crowd will turn quickly

i hadn't noticed that. Just looked. And they've picked up 32 points despite only scoring 16 goals. That is incredible.

Bare bones.

QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) on 14:03 - Nov 19 with 1723 viewsGloucs_R

Underwhelmed by JFH.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Login to get fewer ads

QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) on 14:28 - Nov 19 with 1695 viewsToast_R

Is it not just horses for courses with some of these managers?
He might be playing defensively because he defenders are really good and his attacking players are not so hot.

I would suggest anyone who comes in at QPR will be looking at the squad and seeing they have a far more adequate attacking team then a defensive one?

In the current predicament, TF won't give anyone enough time to mould a team to their preference.

Whoever gets the job, they better know it's f*ck or walk.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2015 14:29]
QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) on 15:12 - Nov 19 with 1645 viewsMvpeter

QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) on 13:55 - Nov 19 by Antti_Heinola

i hadn't noticed that. Just looked. And they've picked up 32 points despite only scoring 16 goals. That is incredible.

Bloody hell that's gotta be a record!

Poll: Who should be our left back?

QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) on 15:41 - Nov 19 with 1607 viewsbaz_qpr

QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) on 14:28 - Nov 19 by Toast_R

Is it not just horses for courses with some of these managers?
He might be playing defensively because he defenders are really good and his attacking players are not so hot.

I would suggest anyone who comes in at QPR will be looking at the squad and seeing they have a far more adequate attacking team then a defensive one?

In the current predicament, TF won't give anyone enough time to mould a team to their preference.

Whoever gets the job, they better know it's f*ck or walk.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2015 14:29]

No I heard him interviewed on the Radio the other week he's of the George Graham / Paulo Sousa school i.e you have more chance of winning a game if you don't concede so the efforts should be in defence first then attack
QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) on 15:50 - Nov 19 with 1596 viewsJonDoeman

QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) on 15:41 - Nov 19 by baz_qpr

No I heard him interviewed on the Radio the other week he's of the George Graham / Paulo Sousa school i.e you have more chance of winning a game if you don't concede so the efforts should be in defence first then attack

Spot on that, might have to change my opinion on appointing Jimmy!

[Post edited 19 Nov 2015 15:51]

It Is What It Is !!

QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) on 15:55 - Nov 19 with 1581 viewsDylanP

QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) on 12:15 - Nov 19 by Mytch_QPR

Let me get this right. We are replacing a manager who had no experience of managing at Championship / Prem Lge level, with someone who...

We haven't replaced anyone with anyone yet.

There has been a little chatter in some of the media that we might be thinking about ....

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) on 16:13 - Nov 19 with 1550 viewsBklynRanger

QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) on 14:03 - Nov 19 by Gloucs_R

Underwhelmed by JFH.

I also.
QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) on 16:27 - Nov 19 with 1515 viewsAntti_Heinola

QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) on 15:41 - Nov 19 by baz_qpr

Gotta say, still my opinion we (Paladini) dropped a massive b0llock with Sousa. We barely had a striker at the club under him and we at least tried to pass the ball. One who deserved a lot longer IMO.

Bare bones.

QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) on 16:28 - Nov 19 with 1436 viewsBklynRanger

QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) on 16:27 - Nov 19 by Antti_Heinola

Gotta say, still my opinion we (Paladini) dropped a massive b0llock with Sousa. We barely had a striker at the club under him and we at least tried to pass the ball. One who deserved a lot longer IMO.

We needed to take a leaf out of his own book and show him a bit more 'liyalty'.
QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) on 16:29 - Nov 19 with 1428 viewsDorse

Just to save time:

'QPR Rodgered 3-0'
'No Jackett Required'
'Not Worth The Hassel'
'Making Plans For Nigel (To Leave)'

Ta very much, that'll five grand. Same time next season?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) on 16:34 - Nov 19 with 1414 viewsMvpeter

Definitely.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) on 16:36 - Nov 19 with 1412 viewsJamie

Wind it in Antts.

He's only won league titles in 3 seperate countries in the past 4 seasons and averaged a 63% win percentage, goal difference of +194 and average of 2.5 goals scored per game. Shit manager.
QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) on 16:38 - Nov 19 with 1406 viewsMytch_QPR

QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) on 15:55 - Nov 19 by DylanP

We haven't replaced anyone with anyone yet.

There has been a little chatter in some of the media that we might be thinking about ....

Fair point well made - but you can see what I'm getting at (?)

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) on 16:52 - Nov 19 with 1381 viewsdaveB

I remember one game under Sousa where we beat Swansea and we played some really good football that night, Ephraim and taarabt were superb together. Sousa was slated for playing 1 up front at home then 2 years later we won promotion playing 1 up front
QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) on 17:28 - Nov 19 with 1333 viewsstuabd

QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) on 16:52 - Nov 19 by daveB

I remember one game under Sousa where we beat Swansea and we played some really good football that night, Ephraim and taarabt were superb together. Sousa was slated for playing 1 up front at home then 2 years later we won promotion playing 1 up front

Old Sousa loved Hogan. I remember him saying that he had the ability to play for England. I thought that was an odd one, but then remembered Carlton Palmer. He managed it so there is hope for most of us.
QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) on 17:42 - Nov 19 with 1306 viewsAntti_Heinola

QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) on 16:36 - Nov 19 by Jamie

Wind it in Antts.

He's only won league titles in 3 seperate countries in the past 4 seasons and averaged a 63% win percentage, goal difference of +194 and average of 2.5 goals scored per game. Shit manager.

As everyone's backing me up on this, the truth is I was fkn furious when he was sacked and was as close as I've ever been to not bothering anymore. Thought it was a disgrace.

The Hogan thing was interesting though - he wanted to play him as a kind of Xavi if I recall. Wonder what would have happened if he'd stayed?

Bare bones.

QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) on 18:02 - Nov 19 with 1273 viewssimmo

QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) on 16:36 - Nov 19 by Jamie

Wind it in Antts.

For the benefit of other posters can you please confirm this is intended as not altogether serious or a bit of a laugh - thanks in advance

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) on 18:06 - Nov 19 with 1263 viewsAntti_Heinola

QPR want Jimmy (Mirror) on 18:02 - Nov 19 by simmo

For the benefit of other posters can you please confirm this is intended as not altogether serious or a bit of a laugh - thanks in advance

Leave it aht simmo - me, jamie and Petey have just agreed on the same thing.
Either this means something glorious is about to happen (Pep?).
Or this is the first stage of the apocalypse. If you get home and the cat's walking on its hind legs... start buying in canned goods.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024