Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 up top 21:05 - Dec 3 with 3915 viewstaff999555

Why on earth doesn't Monk try and get us out of this dreadful slump by trying something new. Give Baf and Eder a go up top together in a conventional 4-4-2.

I know they are both a similar style of player but they both possess a great aerial threat and if our wingers could get some decent quality into the box I reckon we could get some joy.

Certainly can't be any worse than we are doing currently?

Just a thought.
2 up top on 21:10 - Dec 3 with 3101 viewsSwaneeRiver

Careful you'll not get far on this forum by having thoughts.
Best nip it in the bud otherwise You'll get a big f/o from Darran
2 up top on 21:18 - Dec 3 with 3083 viewsPozuelosSideys

Because our midfield gets overrun with 5, let alone 4.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

2 up top on 21:25 - Dec 3 with 3053 viewsA_Fans_Dad

So you haven't noticed that neither Gomis or Eder have scored with their Heads this season, but Ayew has 3 times?
2 up top on 21:29 - Dec 3 with 3045 viewstaff999555

2 up top on 21:25 - Dec 3 by A_Fans_Dad

So you haven't noticed that neither Gomis or Eder have scored with their Heads this season, but Ayew has 3 times?

I noticed gomis score some great headers last season cheers and you don't suddenly lose the ability to be good in the air. If we had those 2 in the box and could get 5-6 decent crosses into the box each week I'm fairly certain he would start to thrive again.
2 up top on 21:34 - Dec 3 with 3024 viewsLoyal

2 up top is a winner trust me.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

2 up top on 21:50 - Dec 3 with 2975 viewsA_Fans_Dad

2 up top on 21:29 - Dec 3 by taff999555

I noticed gomis score some great headers last season cheers and you don't suddenly lose the ability to be good in the air. If we had those 2 in the box and could get 5-6 decent crosses into the box each week I'm fairly certain he would start to thrive again.

If you don't suddenly lose it why has Ayew scored 3 and Gomis none with exactly the same service this season?
What you are alluding to is you should not lose the ability in the long term, which is generally true, but in the short term many Strikers lose it, just look at Kane earlier in the season.
2 up top on 21:55 - Dec 3 with 2957 viewsKerouac

I wouldn't mind seeing something like this;

------------------------- Fabianski -------------------------------
----------- Amat ------ Fernandez ------- Ash ---------------
Rangel ---------------------------------------------- Tabannou
---------------------------- Cork ----------------------------------
--------------- Ki ---------------------- Shelvey -----------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------- Gomis ------ Ayew ------------------------

Wing backs (Tabannou is injured now so Taylor would have to do) provide the width.
Cork sits.
Ki and Shelvey need to support the strikers (so if the attack is developing down the right Shelvey MUST make the box with the 2 strikers and vice versa from the left).
Ayew has licence to buzz around Gomis and drop deep on occasion.
Gomis (or Eder) must lead the line, and do a good job of it.

I think Naughton might have the attacking potential to do the job but Rangel has been an attacking threat down the years.
Amat deserves minutes. Bartley would get on regular too as a sub.
Leon can share that role with Cork.
Siggy could play instead of Shelvey or Ki...or replace Ayew on occasion making a diamond behind Gomis;
-------------------- Cork --------------------------
---------- Ki ------------------ Shelvey ----------
------------------- Siggy --------------------------
-------------------- Eder --------------------------

Montero and Routledge could be excellent off the bench, adding pace and changing the shape if necessary.
Gomis would be better with a partner I reckon.

I'd also like to see Grimes given some minutes and this formation could suit him I reckon, in place of Shelvey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

2 up top on 22:04 - Dec 3 with 2937 viewsoldcob

Both the Leicester centre backs are suspect too. Pundits say thats their weakness and the reason they won't win the league.
Login to get fewer ads

2 up top on 22:05 - Dec 3 with 2930 viewsjack247

We wouldn't get 5-6 decent crosses in with that formation. We would barely have the ball.
2 up top on 22:11 - Dec 3 with 2908 viewsjack247

2 up top on 22:04 - Dec 3 by oldcob

Both the Leicester centre backs are suspect too. Pundits say thats their weakness and the reason they won't win the league.

There are plenty of reasons Leicester won't win the league.
2 up top on 22:37 - Dec 3 with 2861 viewsraynor94

2 up top on 22:04 - Dec 3 by oldcob

I think I can safely say Leicester won't win the league!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

2 up top on 22:46 - Dec 3 with 2837 viewsBrynmill_Jack

2 up top on 21:55 - Dec 3 by Kerouac

Wing backs (Tabannou is injured now so Taylor would have to do) provide the width.
Cork sits.
Ki and Shelvey need to support the strikers (so if the attack is developing down the right Shelvey MUST make the box with the 2 strikers and vice versa from the left).

I think Naughton might have the attacking potential to do the job but Rangel has been an attacking threat down the years.
Siggy could play instead of Shelvey or Ki...or replace Ayew on occasion making a diamond behind Gomis;

Montero and Routledge could be excellent off the bench, adding pace and changing the shape if necessary.

I'd also like to see Grimes given some minutes and this formation could suit him I reckon, in place of Shelvey.

Drop stroppy no shoot Shelvey for Ayew and Eder alongside Gomis. It's got to be worth a try!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

2 up top on 22:58 - Dec 3 with 2816 viewsskippyjack

2 up top on 21:55 - Dec 3 by Kerouac

Cork sits.

This!

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

2 up top on 23:19 - Dec 3 with 2774 viewssully49

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34996455#

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

2 up top on 00:36 - Dec 4 with 2711 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Not sure 2 up top would be much of a change; it seems sometimes like we are playing Ayew up front with the striker.

Particularly noticed this in the loss to Stoke.

I'd rather see us try Ayew alone up front just once, with Montero joining Routs on the wings.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2015 0:39]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

2 up top on 10:02 - Dec 4 with 2546 viewsDr_Winston

We've already gone more direct. If we start playing 4-4-2 as well Monk's metamorphosis into Dave Bassett would be complete.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

2 up top on 10:32 - Dec 4 with 2516 viewscockneyswan

No team has prevented Leicester from scoring this season so I reckon we are gonna have to get at least one goal to get anything from the game, how we do that I don't know, this is where Garry, the players and the coaches really have to step up!
2 up top on 10:41 - Dec 4 with 2503 viewsWhiterockin

2 up top on 10:32 - Dec 4 by cockneyswan

No team has prevented Leicester from scoring this season so I reckon we are gonna have to get at least one goal to get anything from the game, how we do that I don't know, this is where Garry, the players and the coaches really have to step up!

0-0 draw written all over it. Fist game for Leicester not to score, end of Vardy's run and Monk holds on to his job.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

2 up top on 11:03 - Dec 4 with 2477 viewsPegojack

All the formations in the world won't help if we don't go out there with the right attitude.

We need to impose ourselves early on, get them on the back foot, get them rattled, shake their confidence, which must be sky high at the moment. We need to remind them they are Leicester City not Real Madrid, FFS.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2015 11:04]
2 up top on 11:40 - Dec 4 with 2438 viewsjack247

2 up top on 10:02 - Dec 4 by Dr_Winston

We've already gone more direct. If we start playing 4-4-2 as well Monk's metamorphosis into Dave Bassett would be complete.

Exactly. Swansea City in 2015. Not Sheffield United in the late 80s. May as well make a bid for Grant Holt.
2 up top on 12:10 - Dec 4 with 2396 viewsjasper_T

He tried a 4-4-2 against Villareal with Gylfi on the right wing and it was an abject disaster.
2 up top (n/t) on 12:36 - Dec 4 with 2362 viewsjack247

[Post edited 4 Dec 2015 12:37]
2 up top on 13:28 - Dec 4 with 2319 viewsskippyjack

Don't you mean Mike? and Kevin Tonkinson scores a tap in to send the New York Jets to the Baseball World Cup

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

2 up top on 14:08 - Dec 4 with 2288 viewsLeonisGod

2 up top on 23:19 - Dec 3 by sully49

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34996455#

That won't have taken long.

GM - "I'm shit, you're shit. Let's stop being so shit!"
Team - "Er, yes boss"

We're really not far off. Just getting heads right and being a bit more relaxed and positive when we're on the front foot, and we'll be fine.
2 up top on 15:04 - Dec 4 with 2257 viewskarnataka

2 up top on 00:36 - Dec 4 by Tummer_from_Texas

Not sure 2 up top would be much of a change; it seems sometimes like we are playing Ayew up front with the striker.

Particularly noticed this in the loss to Stoke.

I'd rather see us try Ayew alone up front just once, with Montero joining Routs on the wings.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2015 0:39]

Aye, that works for me too. Wasn't convinced when a few started shouting for Ayew up front but of the 3 options we have in that position, he's the only one who has shown he can score at the moment, so why not?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024