Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton 11:27 - Jan 16 with 18703 viewsFDC

According to a few places.
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 14:48 - Jan 16 with 1697 viewsVish

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 14:33 - Jan 16 by jonno

He is obviously not "injured" and hasn't been for some time - he passed a medical at Southampton. He has clearly gone along with that story - and he told the fans that he would be at the Club until the end of the season when clearly that was not going to be the case. As I say, I don't think he comes out of it well, but that is football today I'm afraid. The players have all the power.

Maybe he is actually injured.

Players are able to pass medicals whilst being injured.
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 14:50 - Jan 16 with 1682 viewsSimonJames

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 14:40 - Jan 16 by dodge_stoke_r

Mate, we have won just once since the start of December. I wouldn't say that relegation is " highly unlikely ". On our current form and if things dont make a turn for the good pretty soon, relegation is looking increasingly likely!

Since no Championship team lying 16th after 26 games has ever been relegated, then statistically speaking, it is highly unlikely. There are plenty of teams doing worse than us.

On the other hand, perhaps a relegation battle is the only way to entertain us now in this klunge of a season.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 14:51 - Jan 16 with 1673 viewsFDC

I honestly think it would have been better to have sold Austin in the summer, and think I posted that at the time. I never understood the celebrations about retaining Austin and other 'valuable' players like Phillips, since we were apparently all about restructuring the wage bill and addressing FFP issues. To have not sold him when we had clearly made him available seemed like a failure rather than a cause for celebration.

We were never going to get promoted this season, and for the board to have recalibrated expectations and the manager's remit during the first part of the season (presumably) based upon being unable to sell 'high value' players during the summer looks increasingly daft. We're going to end this season with those players having departed for a fraction of their worth in the summer and in the very same position we would have been had we spent the season doing what we initially said we going to do -- building a club that works.
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 14:55 - Jan 16 with 1639 viewsVish

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 14:51 - Jan 16 by FDC

I honestly think it would have been better to have sold Austin in the summer, and think I posted that at the time. I never understood the celebrations about retaining Austin and other 'valuable' players like Phillips, since we were apparently all about restructuring the wage bill and addressing FFP issues. To have not sold him when we had clearly made him available seemed like a failure rather than a cause for celebration.

We were never going to get promoted this season, and for the board to have recalibrated expectations and the manager's remit during the first part of the season (presumably) based upon being unable to sell 'high value' players during the summer looks increasingly daft. We're going to end this season with those players having departed for a fraction of their worth in the summer and in the very same position we would have been had we spent the season doing what we initially said we going to do -- building a club that works.

wasn't part of it that the interested clubs (as far i recall) were Leicester and Palace - and Austin didn't want to goto either of them?
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 14:55 - Jan 16 with 1633 viewsAntti_Heinola

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 14:33 - Jan 16 by jonno

He is obviously not "injured" and hasn't been for some time - he passed a medical at Southampton. He has clearly gone along with that story - and he told the fans that he would be at the Club until the end of the season when clearly that was not going to be the case. As I say, I don't think he comes out of it well, but that is football today I'm afraid. The players have all the power.

I imagine having a calf strain generally doesn't stop you from failing a medical, Jonno.
He said he'd told Les he'd stay until the end of the season if the club want him to. Once the play-offs were confirmed as the pipe dream they always were, a sale makes more sense. Think you're being extraordinarily harsh on someone who saved our hides numerous times over the years and never publicly agitated for a move. You don't know he's not had a problem, you're assuming it. Players have all the power? Well, shouldn't a person be able to decide where he works? They can't quit if they want to work somewhere else like you or I could. They are still bought and sold like commodities. The whole thing is far from being as black and white as you paint it. I think Charlie's handled it very well. Good luck to him, it's a good move, I wish he'd made it in the summer, but Southampton couldn't shift Pelle in time.

Bare bones.

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 14:56 - Jan 16 with 1627 viewseghamranger

Le tis on soccer Saturday saying it's an absolute steal 😞😞.

Knowing us we took their first ridiculous offer.
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 14:59 - Jan 16 with 1616 viewsisawqpratwcity

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 14:51 - Jan 16 by FDC

I think it's unreasonable to say we were never going to get promoted this season. We started off high up the table and then gradually slipped. Problems with our players and management became more obvious as the season progressed, too. Lastly, there was the recent precedent of the bounce-back under Redknapp.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 15:04 - Jan 16 with 1600 viewsFDC

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 14:55 - Jan 16 by Vish

wasn't part of it that the interested clubs (as far i recall) were Leicester and Palace - and Austin didn't want to goto either of them?

Sure, I just mean the celebrations around keeping Austin in the summer were misjudged.
Login to get fewer ads

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 15:09 - Jan 16 with 1574 viewsBklynRanger

Gutted.
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 15:19 - Jan 16 with 1538 viewsLowerloftLad

Just read a link on Twitter I know it's Twitter but the deal could be worth up to 8.5mill with add ons

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 15:26 - Jan 16 with 1505 viewsFDC

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 15:19 - Jan 16 by LowerloftLad

Just read a link on Twitter I know it's Twitter but the deal could be worth up to 8.5mill with add ons

What was the link mate?
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 15:28 - Jan 16 with 1490 viewsTacticalR

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 14:59 - Jan 16 by isawqpratwcity

I think it's unreasonable to say we were never going to get promoted this season. We started off high up the table and then gradually slipped. Problems with our players and management became more obvious as the season progressed, too. Lastly, there was the recent precedent of the bounce-back under Redknapp.

OK, but Redknapp was an experienced manager employed at great expense, plus he had former England manager Steve McClaren to get some wind under our pinions at the beginning of the season.

Air hostess clique

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 15:32 - Jan 16 with 1481 viewsHendonHoop

Vic Mobley or Richard Ord.
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 15:39 - Jan 16 with 1454 viewsisawqpratwcity

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 15:28 - Jan 16 by TacticalR

OK, but Redknapp was an experienced manager employed at great expense, plus he had former England manager Steve McClaren to get some wind under our pinions at the beginning of the season.

The higher likelihood under Redknapp/McLaren is fair, but you'd still have to agree that promotion at the start of the season wasn't an unreasonable possibility.

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 15:39 - Jan 16 with 1454 viewsvegasranger

The sooner Sir Les is kicked out and Hoos can get on with the job he is paid to do the better. We went into to the high stakes poker room in the summer and lost big time. 4 million with add ons is a joke. Newcastle pay 10 million for untested French strikers all the time. Austen is proven at the Premiership level. All round horrible bit of business and it shows once again that we don't know what we are doing.
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 15:41 - Jan 16 with 1449 viewsFDC

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 15:39 - Jan 16 by vegasranger

The sooner Sir Les is kicked out and Hoos can get on with the job he is paid to do the better. We went into to the high stakes poker room in the summer and lost big time. 4 million with add ons is a joke. Newcastle pay 10 million for untested French strikers all the time. Austen is proven at the Premiership level. All round horrible bit of business and it shows once again that we don't know what we are doing.

This makes no sense.

What do you think the respective job descriptions of Hoos and Les are?
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 15:53 - Jan 16 with 1420 viewsFDC

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 15:39 - Jan 16 by isawqpratwcity

The higher likelihood under Redknapp/McLaren is fair, but you'd still have to agree that promotion at the start of the season wasn't an unreasonable possibility.

OK fair enough. But at the start of the season promotion clearly wasn't top priority, and the likelihood of promotion hasn't been furthered by the changing of manager and tearing up of the mission statement that followed. And the retention of Austin et al certainly didn't make promotion as nailed on as the board presumably thought it did.
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 16:02 - Jan 16 with 1391 viewsisawqpratwcity

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 15:53 - Jan 16 by FDC

OK fair enough. But at the start of the season promotion clearly wasn't top priority, and the likelihood of promotion hasn't been furthered by the changing of manager and tearing up of the mission statement that followed. And the retention of Austin et al certainly didn't make promotion as nailed on as the board presumably thought it did.

Agree with all of that except "But at the start of the season promotion clearly wasn't top priority". I bet I know one bloke who was absolutely gagging for it but had the sense to keep his mouth shut, for a change.

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 16:03 - Jan 16 with 1383 viewsMatch82

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 14:40 - Jan 16 by dodge_stoke_r

Mate, we have won just once since the start of December. I wouldn't say that relegation is " highly unlikely ". On our current form and if things dont make a turn for the good pretty soon, relegation is looking increasingly likely!

In that time though, we haven't actually got that much closer to the teams in the relegation zone (in terms of points)

We're not a good team, and have been bad since December. But there are some truly dire teams in this division
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 16:04 - Jan 16 with 1380 viewsHitch

I hung my head, I hung my head. Thanks Charlie your time is up you are free to leave.
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 17:17 - Jan 16 with 1266 viewsPommyhoop

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 14:10 - Jan 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

'Huge hole to fill, but long term a striker more in the Helguson mould might help us as a team if we can get the likes of Chery playing effectively'

Begins with P and ends in R and probably eats sausages in leather trousers.

Begins with P and ends in R and probably eats sausages in leather trousers.

Ha!!!
Bang f'ckin on my friend.!!!
I'm nicking that one..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 17:27 - Jan 16 with 1231 viewsCamberleyR

No matter how desperate they are, who is going to pay £10m for someone with a contract that has five months to run?

We took a gamble on making a stab for promotion by keeping Charlie, we lost, it happens. Rather £4m now than the square root of fck all in the summer. That was about the best we could get.

Good luck Chaz, a privilege watching you in the hoops the last two and a half years.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 17:40 - Jan 16 with 1190 viewsBlue_Castello

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 17:27 - Jan 16 by CamberleyR

No matter how desperate they are, who is going to pay £10m for someone with a contract that has five months to run?

We took a gamble on making a stab for promotion by keeping Charlie, we lost, it happens. Rather £4m now than the square root of fck all in the summer. That was about the best we could get.

Good luck Chaz, a privilege watching you in the hoops the last two and a half years.

Agreed we could all have made the best deals possible with hindsight in other words if we had known we were going to be so bad this season we would have taken £10-£12 million in the summer.
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 17:41 - Jan 16 with 1182 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Until you hate Hoos then who?
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 18:08 - Jan 16 with 1112 viewsthemodfather

qpr held out for £12m in the wummer and no one went near it...£4m seems a ferking steal for a top striker, full of goals.
good luck charlie, thanks for the goals, but SAINTS?? sodding saints?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024