Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sports Bucket list 15:44 - Feb 25 with 5703 viewsNigeriamark

If you could attend 1 day at a sport event you haven't yet done what would you chose

I have 3 or 4 on my list but will go with England v Australia boxing day test at MCG
Sports Bucket list on 21:34 - Feb 25 with 1318 views_dezzy

Done AUS v ENG at the boxing day test with Lama, over 90.000 in, also saw Shane Warne take his 700th wicket in that test.

KHBA

Sports Bucket list on 22:05 - Feb 25 with 1276 viewsBrierls

It would be a (football) World Cup Final involving England for me.

A strange second choice would be a Ryder Cup in the US. It's strange in the fact that I don't really enjoy playing or watching golf 99% of the time, but I love watching the Ryder Cup and the buzz it creates.

I've always said if I won the lottery I'd travel the world watching England/Great Britain at sporting events. A large chunk of that would be spent on Cricket tours, I'd love to go back to Oz but also see England play in South Africa, New Zealand, India, Sri Lanka and the West Indies.
Sports Bucket list on 22:15 - Feb 25 with 1237 views442Dale

Wrestlemania.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Sports Bucket list on 22:58 - Feb 25 with 1200 viewspioneer

Sports Bucket list on 22:05 - Feb 25 by Brierls

It would be a (football) World Cup Final involving England for me.

A strange second choice would be a Ryder Cup in the US. It's strange in the fact that I don't really enjoy playing or watching golf 99% of the time, but I love watching the Ryder Cup and the buzz it creates.

I've always said if I won the lottery I'd travel the world watching England/Great Britain at sporting events. A large chunk of that would be spent on Cricket tours, I'd love to go back to Oz but also see England play in South Africa, New Zealand, India, Sri Lanka and the West Indies.

if we are talking hypothetical (england in world cup final) then Ill say Dale v Barcelona in 2021 champions league final
Sports Bucket list on 00:00 - Feb 26 with 1175 viewsBobsAdaley

Judd, if ya the one who sits in main stand then I am two rows in front of you next to the curly haired one, grab a chat if you can, coz, your bucket list ain't far off an event in my uni days, but it actually involved a human cannon !
Sports Bucket list on 01:48 - Feb 26 with 1148 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Sports Bucket list on 18:12 - Feb 25 by ArthurDaley

Rugby League Grand final in Australia.

State of Origin decider.
Sports Bucket list on 01:50 - Feb 26 with 1144 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Sports Bucket list on 22:15 - Feb 25 by 442Dale

Wrestlemania.

The original post asked about a sport :-P

(I'll let Louis Theroux field this one....)
Sports Bucket list on 06:25 - Feb 26 with 1119 viewsTalkingSutty

Sports Bucket list on 00:00 - Feb 26 by BobsAdaley

Judd, if ya the one who sits in main stand then I am two rows in front of you next to the curly haired one, grab a chat if you can, coz, your bucket list ain't far off an event in my uni days, but it actually involved a human cannon !

Dwarf Tossing's been around for a long time and involves dressing them in a Velcro suit and throwing them at a large Velcro type board, or going for distance and aiming at a sand pit.

There is also a variant which is similar to bowls, the little person is attached to a skate board and pushed out onto a squared off area , a bit like crown green bowling. Obviously you would need a few dwarfs to make the game competitive.

A lot of countries like the USA and Canada have now banned these games but I think dwarf tossing still exists in isolated pockets of Australia. It sounds a bit cruel but from what I can gather it's the dwarfs who instigate such sports in an attempt to make a few quid. Crowds who flock to these events often gamble on the outcome although it involves very little skill

Similar to our upcoming race night, it's a fun night out and you can win a few quid. (Plug for the Race Night).
[Post edited 26 Feb 2016 6:46]
Login to get fewer ads

Sports Bucket list on 06:44 - Feb 26 with 1113 viewsNigeriamark

Sports Bucket list on 17:29 - Feb 25 by SuddenLad

I'm with you TS. Been to India several times and would love to go again one day. Eden Gardens it is !!

A good call

I went to the cricket world cup in 2011 and the England v India game was scheduled at Eden Gardens. Was gutted when they had to move it for health and safety reasons to Bangalore

Was still great game though, ending in a tie with 338 runs each. Was about 300 England fans in a crowd of almost 40,000 - Unbelievable atmosphere but reckon it would have been even better Eden gardens
Sports Bucket list on 07:05 - Feb 26 with 1106 viewsTalkingSutty

Sports Bucket list on 06:44 - Feb 26 by Nigeriamark

A good call

I went to the cricket world cup in 2011 and the England v India game was scheduled at Eden Gardens. Was gutted when they had to move it for health and safety reasons to Bangalore

Was still great game though, ending in a tie with 338 runs each. Was about 300 England fans in a crowd of almost 40,000 - Unbelievable atmosphere but reckon it would have been even better Eden gardens

When I was a kid listening to cricket tours on my radio ( no Sky tv then) it was always a dream to watch England play abroad and I've been lucky enough to do that a few times. Eden Gardens was always the place I really wanted to visit though, never seen us play in India.

Our visit this winter will involve the Golden Triangle (Delhi),wildlife reserves near Bangalore and a tour of Kerala/ South India. We are organising everything ourselves with a car and driver at different locations which gives me the scope to vary the plan to try to watch one or two of the England games.

The delay in naming the schedule is causing a lot of cricket fans/tour companies a problem with planning. There will be a cut off point with my plans when we need to book return and internal flights,tours and accomodation etc. Mrs Sutty won't delay the bookings until the middle of the year to accommodate the England Cricket Team, which could scupper my plan.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2016 7:12]
Sports Bucket list on 07:31 - Feb 26 with 1083 viewsNigeriamark

Sports Bucket list on 07:05 - Feb 26 by TalkingSutty

When I was a kid listening to cricket tours on my radio ( no Sky tv then) it was always a dream to watch England play abroad and I've been lucky enough to do that a few times. Eden Gardens was always the place I really wanted to visit though, never seen us play in India.

Our visit this winter will involve the Golden Triangle (Delhi),wildlife reserves near Bangalore and a tour of Kerala/ South India. We are organising everything ourselves with a car and driver at different locations which gives me the scope to vary the plan to try to watch one or two of the England games.

The delay in naming the schedule is causing a lot of cricket fans/tour companies a problem with planning. There will be a cut off point with my plans when we need to book return and internal flights,tours and accomodation etc. Mrs Sutty won't delay the bookings until the middle of the year to accommodate the England Cricket Team, which could scupper my plan.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2016 7:12]

You will love it. I actually lived in Bangalore in 2000. I did the same as you and always booked things myself. It is so cheap you save at least 50% compared to ordinary tours. I drove to Mysore and Ooty ( has a long name!!)The food is great and there are some interesting places to visit. Not been to Kerala but it is highly rated. If you want a decent pub out go to Pecos bar which used to be my local( I think Brigade road). Plays old classic rock music and has decent bar snacks. It was still there in 2011 .

The stadium is very old and holds approx 40,000, but the atmosphere will be superb especially if a reasonable number of England fans go. Indian fans go crazy
Sports Bucket list on 07:40 - Feb 26 with 1078 viewsTalkingSutty

Sports Bucket list on 07:31 - Feb 26 by Nigeriamark

You will love it. I actually lived in Bangalore in 2000. I did the same as you and always booked things myself. It is so cheap you save at least 50% compared to ordinary tours. I drove to Mysore and Ooty ( has a long name!!)The food is great and there are some interesting places to visit. Not been to Kerala but it is highly rated. If you want a decent pub out go to Pecos bar which used to be my local( I think Brigade road). Plays old classic rock music and has decent bar snacks. It was still there in 2011 .

The stadium is very old and holds approx 40,000, but the atmosphere will be superb especially if a reasonable number of England fans go. Indian fans go crazy

Cheers NM. Visiting Nagarhole wildlife reserve ( hope to spot tigers) for a few days and possibly a night or two in Ooty on the way down to Cochin. I've sourced some reputable drivers through Trip Advisor/ recommendations. I always do my own trips. It takes hours of planning, this particular one has probably taken weeks but you end up with a tailor made trip and like you say probably save 50% on what you would pay a tour company.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2016 7:43]
Sports Bucket list on 08:17 - Feb 26 with 1059 viewsjudd

Bloody hell, TS.

I said throwing, not tossing.

Still, each to their own I s'pose....

Poll: What is it to be then?

Sports Bucket list on 08:25 - Feb 26 with 1046 viewsTalkingSutty

Sports Bucket list on 08:17 - Feb 26 by judd

Bloody hell, TS.

I said throwing, not tossing.

Still, each to their own I s'pose....

I did a bit of research on the subject and it seems 'tossing' is the correct terminology. Maybe there's a darker side to this sport than first appears. I suppose the lucky ones ended up in the Wizard of Oz and managed to avoid any flinging.

Judy Garland actually dated one of the dwarfs in the film and they were notorious for having drunken orgies ( the dwarfs ) during the making of the film.They held the drunken dwarf sex parties in a nearby hotel owned by John Wayne.

It's a bit of useless information but it could crop up in the Sunday night quiz at the Sun Hotel etc so might prove helpful to somebody.

I first came across dwarfs as a kid when watching the television series 'The singing ringing tree' and the little chap in that scared me to death, what a strange programme that was.

Like I said, I've done a bit of research on dwarfs.Anyway, I suppose it's gone a bit off subject this.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2016 9:14]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024