Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most 23:10 - Mar 23 with 20048 viewsMrSwerve

If you had to choose one, not necessarily because of a good result. Let's discount the championship playoff final as it's a bit of an obvious one. Same for the COC final.

Don't know why but the one that stands out for me is our 4-0 hammering by Kidderminster in 2002. Tuesday night game at the Verch, absolutely pissing down if I remember rightly. Put us joint bottom and was utterly depressing!

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 01:34 - Mar 25 with 2544 viewsshenleymun

It was 2-1, Tosh came on as sub, remember his rising majestically to head the winner, at the end we were all on the pitch and they announced that Sheffield Wed had beaten Swindon and everyone going mental as it confirmed our promotion to Div 2

This was the game when we realised we were going to the top.
(I thought it ended 3-2 as well!)

Worst game was losing some years later! (Boxing day?) to Bristol Rovers who were bottom of the league till they sent us bottom by beating us. Mind you I have probably got that wrong too.
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 08:18 - Mar 25 with 2490 viewsKilkennyjack

Yeovil at the Liberty (streaker and Trunds goal)
Bristol Rovers at the Vetch, cup. (Martin thomas game)
Hartlepool at the Vetch (8-0)
Watford at the Vetch (toshacks debut)
Bristol City at the Liberty (7-1)
CArdiff at the Liberty first time in cup (Gomez winner)

Beware of the Risen People

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 09:35 - Mar 25 with 2466 viewsJackanapes

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 23:30 - Mar 23 by longlostjack

Swans vs Spurs - Tommy Smith Jeremy Charles Ardiles floodlights

Ardiles went off in bright sunshine.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 09:36 - Mar 25 with 2466 viewsJackanapes

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 07:56 - Mar 24 by ploppy

Swansea 4-4 Stockport County, March 1977. I may have mis-remembered this, but I think we were 4-0 down.

This is mine also.Raining cats and dogs it was. As the other fellow said George Smith had a winner chalked off.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2016 9:39]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 10:15 - Mar 25 with 2440 viewssherpajacob

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 09:58 - Mar 24 by MillJack

Peterborough 2 - 3 Swansea City. January 3rd 2000.

Travelled up to the game in a mates clapped out Fiesta, arriving at the ground as the game kicked-off following a 7 1/2 journey where his car broke down 4 times.

2-0 down at half-time before a, believe it or not, Nick Cusack inspired recovery saw us win 3-2 with a late goal.

I similarly timed journey home saw us bump into Kelly Jones from the Stereophonics at the petrol station near Ross-on-Wye. He was on his way back from the Leeds - Villa game that day.

Great times.

At the time that was the game of the century.

To say Martin psycho thomas was pumped up is an understatement

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 16:53 - Mar 25 with 2412 viewsandrew

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 09:14 - Mar 24 by trefelinjack

Bury away 0-1. Forbes scored first minute followed by hundreds of Swansea fans running onto the pitch. Game nearly abandoned after mobile phone was thrown at the burys goalkeeper. Mass pitch invasion at the end and big willy getting arrested. Got promoted - what a day

7500 attendance 5500 jacks!

And that samba band that went round, still got the tunes in my head.

This bunch of loonies I heard were put there together and drown out our atmosphere.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2016 17:04]

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 17:38 - Mar 25 with 2391 viewsacejack3065

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 10:13 - Mar 24 by Loyal

I have to add the Chesterfield away game when Leon knight shone like a fcking star.

John the Mong was ejected, and the whole crowd chanted 'Free Free Free the Mong ' it was getting tasty when the stewards backs against the wall conceded and John was returned to the crowd.

Knights was completely awesome that day.

What an away trip that was. We were an arrogant, ugly and noisy bunch of away fans that day. Felt like the away end was tiny and you couldn't cram any more jacks in, absolutely bouncing. My dad was a bit pissed and but a wedge on Swans to win 3-0 in a service station that had a bookies in it. He was the only one in the away end not celebrating when Leon Knight got his hat trick. I'm sure he scored the last goal fairly late on too. He was unplayable that day.

Another similar day to that was Yeovil away when we won 2-1 I think. It was like going to watch Swans play in Garden Village.
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 18:10 - Mar 25 with 2373 viewslifelong

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 09:35 - Mar 25 by Jackanapes

Ardiles went off in bright sunshine.

The replay at WHL sticks in my mind, you should have heard the cockerel crow and all that, the stick that Tommy Smith received from the Spurs fans when the teams came out and him just turning to them and giving them the double V. Nothing seemed to bother him.
Login to get fewer ads

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 18:24 - Mar 25 with 2363 viewsmonmouth

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 01:34 - Mar 25 by shenleymun

It was 2-1, Tosh came on as sub, remember his rising majestically to head the winner, at the end we were all on the pitch and they announced that Sheffield Wed had beaten Swindon and everyone going mental as it confirmed our promotion to Div 2

This was the game when we realised we were going to the top.
(I thought it ended 3-2 as well!)

Worst game was losing some years later! (Boxing day?) to Bristol Rovers who were bottom of the league till they sent us bottom by beating us. Mind you I have probably got that wrong too.

The night we beat Chesterfield to get promoted I was living in Leeds and so at Hillsboro cheering Wednesday against Swindon. What I can confirm is that Swindon had about 1000 corners, hit the bar 3 times and missed an open goal. Wednesday scored with their only two shots and won 2-1.

Now you've reminded me, that is one of my most memorable games too.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 18:53 - Mar 25 with 2352 viewsLoyal

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 17:38 - Mar 25 by acejack3065

What an away trip that was. We were an arrogant, ugly and noisy bunch of away fans that day. Felt like the away end was tiny and you couldn't cram any more jacks in, absolutely bouncing. My dad was a bit pissed and but a wedge on Swans to win 3-0 in a service station that had a bookies in it. He was the only one in the away end not celebrating when Leon Knight got his hat trick. I'm sure he scored the last goal fairly late on too. He was unplayable that day.

Another similar day to that was Yeovil away when we won 2-1 I think. It was like going to watch Swans play in Garden Village.

The majority of these games, if not all are outside the premier league.
Tells you something.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 19:33 - Mar 25 with 2329 viewseddie71

The 4-0 win in Doncaster has been mentioned so I will go with :-

Losing 6-3 at home to Blackpool and the playoff semis against Forest both of them culmanating in Pratleys goal from the half way line.
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 22:15 - Mar 25 with 2276 viewsTheArtChappy

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 09:58 - Mar 24 by MillJack

Travelled up to the game in a mates clapped out Fiesta, arriving at the ground as the game kicked-off following a 7 1/2 journey where his car broke down 4 times.

2-0 down at half-time before a, believe it or not, Nick Cusack inspired recovery saw us win 3-2 with a late goal.

I similarly timed journey home saw us bump into Kelly Jones from the Stereophonics at the petrol station near Ross-on-Wye. He was on his way back from the Leeds - Villa game that day.

Great times.

That's the game I was gonna pick. 2 blokes standing next to me had had enough and left at half time

The Art Chappy A.K.A Chris Chapman
Poll: should 3pm kick offs be allowed to be brocasted live

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 00:17 - Mar 26 with 2215 viewsTNT

Sliema Wanderers 12-0

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 15:43 - Mar 26 with 2105 viewskarnataka

Great times.

I was at that extraordinary Peterborough game but one of my abiding memories of it happened at half-time. I was sitting next to a guy called Jeremy Harding who some others on here may also know, an ex-plod. He had his recently born son on his lap for the whole game and spent half-time changing his nappy!! You don't get moments like that in the prem.
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 15:59 - Mar 26 with 2093 viewskarnataka

Some great memories on this thread and I'm surprised at how many iconic games I seem to have been at.

Think the most outstanding for me (other than the obvious ones like Preston, etc), has to be the 3-2 win at Ipswich though. Apart from the fact that it must rank highly amongst the best ever performances by any Swansea side in any era against a top side full of internationals, the whole day was punctuated by some unusual memories. Picked my brother & his girlfriend up en route but got there late-ish and had to park in the only place we could find which was very slightly blocking someone in so knew I had to get back to the car very quickly after the game. When Swans scored the late winner, my brother's exuberance caused him to fall down the terracing, badly spraining his ankle in the process. At the final whistle, I ran to make a quick exit only to find everything locked but I somehow managed to climb out of the ground over the top of one of the turnstiles ffs!. Got back to the car before anyone else wanted to get out but then had to try and drive back towards the ground through 1000s of people because by this time my brother couldn't even walk. Eventually managed to get him onto the back seat where he remained for the whole return journey with his injured ankle between the front seats, resting on my handbrake. I had been quite a day.
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 16:03 - Mar 26 with 2086 viewsJBT95

The Birmingham home game where Bodde got his injury and Kevin Philips came off the bench to tear us a new one!
[Post edited 26 Mar 2016 16:11]
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 16:08 - Mar 26 with 2085 viewsDarran

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 15:43 - Mar 26 by karnataka

I was at that extraordinary Peterborough game but one of my abiding memories of it happened at half-time. I was sitting next to a guy called Jeremy Harding who some others on here may also know, an ex-plod. He had his recently born son on his lap for the whole game and spent half-time changing his nappy!! You don't get moments like that in the prem.

Brilliant game that was.
Amy was standing at the back of the away dugout banging the top of it and she played on Hollins tits so much that he actually lifted her over and sat her in the dugout with the subs for the whole game,imagine that happening today.
He came to me and the wife after the game and apologised for Barry Frys language.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 16:19 - Mar 26 with 2076 viewsLoyal

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 15:43 - Mar 26 by karnataka

Big supporter of the people who tried to destroy our club probably 😂😂😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 16:22 - Mar 26 with 2067 viewsLoyal

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 16:08 - Mar 26 by Darran

Brilliant game that was.
Amy was standing at the back of the away dugout banging the top of it and she played on Hollins tits so much that he actually lifted her over and sat her in the dugout with the subs for the whole game,imagine that happening today.
He came to me and the wife after the game and apologised for Barry Frys language.

Very suspect behaviour by Hollins there.

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 14:17 - Mar 27 with 1975 viewsBloodyhills

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 09:21 - Mar 24 by SwaneeRiver

Easter 1978 the weekend that boosted our promotion drive no end from the Fourth Division
Reading away won 4-1 (Friday), next day Bournemouth home won 1- 0, then on the Monday morning Torquay away won 4-2.
Absolutely brilliant - we seemed unbeatable at that point under Tosh.
Not so clever a few weeks later with 4 games to go and we lost to Grimbsy & Northampton (both away).
Nervous end to the season - Harry Griffiths dying on the Tuesday we were playing Scunthorpe then all came right against Halifax.

Fulham 5-0 Swansea Oct 1st 1983.

Gordon Davies played a blinder. We were crap.

Some Chelsea fans got on the bus via emergency exit when we stopped at traffic lights.
They were evicted quickly and then one threw a brick through the window and it rained all the way home.

Miserable day.

Watching us beat Preston to get promotion to the 1st Div was a much more positive memorable day though. :-)

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 21:43 - Mar 27 with 1919 viewsjack_lord

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 23:30 - Mar 23 by longlostjack

Swans vs Spurs - Tommy Smith Jeremy Charles Ardiles floodlights

that one and the one with glenn hoddle, we were under seige for what seemed like an age.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 21:45 - Mar 27 with 1913 viewsDarran

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 16:22 - Mar 26 by Loyal

Very suspect behaviour by Hollins there.

He was and still is very supportive of Amys disability.
I'm not prepared to go into it on here but he's been to this day outstanding with her and made her feel special.

Oh and your silly sexual references are getting a bit boring now

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 22:03 - Mar 27 with 1900 viewsjack_lord

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 14:17 - Mar 27 by Bloodyhills

Fulham 5-0 Swansea Oct 1st 1983.

Gordon Davies played a blinder. We were crap.

Some Chelsea fans got on the bus via emergency exit when we stopped at traffic lights.
They were evicted quickly and then one threw a brick through the window and it rained all the way home.

Miserable day.

Watching us beat Preston to get promotion to the 1st Div was a much more positive memorable day though. :-)

I got arrested that day and our bus was the one that got bricked, I think the Parks bus was behind and they chased the flockers in to a lane and not sure what happened next. Bloody awful journey home though, freezing

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 22:04 - Mar 27 with 1898 viewsDewi1jack

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 00:17 - Mar 26 by TNT

Sliema Wanderers 12-0

After about 4 or 5 (and probably twice that in beer) everyone towards the back end of the NB was asking what the score was every goal.
Looking in the Ep the next day and looking forward to the 2nd leg and doing Arsenals record score.
Then being disappointed that we'd only scored 17
This season 2 would have been a miracle at times!

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 22:13 - Mar 27 with 1884 viewsDarran

Seriously though someone mentioned a month or two back sitting in the North Bank to watch a game,they immediately got asked by someone else if they'd ever gone there because there wasn't any seats in the North Bank.

I can remember sitting in the North Bank many times to watch a game,you could sit anywhere because there was no c*nt there.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024