Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most 23:10 - Mar 23 with 20050 viewsMrSwerve

If you had to choose one, not necessarily because of a good result. Let's discount the championship playoff final as it's a bit of an obvious one. Same for the COC final.

Don't know why but the one that stands out for me is our 4-0 hammering by Kidderminster in 2002. Tuesday night game at the Verch, absolutely pissing down if I remember rightly. Put us joint bottom and was utterly depressing!

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 22:14 - Mar 27 with 2077 viewsDr_Winston

Brentford 6-0.

I was there. Everyone else is lying.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 23:07 - Mar 27 with 2043 viewsTheArtChappy

Home vs Plymouth 99. I was a mascot it was a good laugh, we won one nil.
Home vs Hull not that one a couple of seasons before when the kick off was delayed. I was over the posh end with the Port Talbot and exile swans as they were sponsors. Heard the ref wanted to call the game off but fa wouldn't allow it, and the hull team were off on a team holiday the next day. I dont know how true that was.

The Art Chappy A.K.A Chris Chapman
Poll: should 3pm kick offs be allowed to be brocasted live

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 23:08 - Mar 27 with 2039 viewsDarran

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 23:07 - Mar 27 by TheArtChappy

Home vs Plymouth 99. I was a mascot it was a good laugh, we won one nil.
Home vs Hull not that one a couple of seasons before when the kick off was delayed. I was over the posh end with the Port Talbot and exile swans as they were sponsors. Heard the ref wanted to call the game off but fa wouldn't allow it, and the hull team were off on a team holiday the next day. I dont know how true that was.

Did you have a beard then Chris?
Love you Dude. ❤️

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 01:15 - Mar 28 with 1995 viewslonglostjack

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 09:35 - Mar 25 by Jackanapes

Ardiles went off in bright sunshine.

There you go - memory playing tricks. Tbh I could have sworn it was an evening kick off. Can remember exactly where I was standing mind and Charlo's run from the centre line to edge of box when he got the foul. Strange thing the brain 😉

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 01:43 - Mar 28 with 1986 viewsforkbeard

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 19:33 - Mar 25 by eddie71

The 4-0 win in Doncaster has been mentioned so I will go with :-

Losing 6-3 at home to Blackpool and the playoff semis against Forest both of them culmanating in Pratleys goal from the half way line.

Only Swans game we've lost that I can almost say I enjoyed, that Blackpool one.
Strange old day!
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 03:50 - Mar 28 with 1965 viewsStarsky

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 09:35 - Mar 25 by Jackanapes

Ardiles went off in bright sunshine.

It was an evening game

It's just the internet, init.

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 09:20 - Mar 28 with 1897 viewsSwaneeRiver

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 03:50 - Mar 28 by Starsky

It was an evening game

Twas indeed - 30th August 1978 (a Tuesday night)
http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/blast-from-the-past-spurs-v-swans-229556
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 09:57 - Mar 28 with 1900 viewsmonmouth

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 09:20 - Mar 28 by SwaneeRiver

Twas indeed - 30th August 1978 (a Tuesday night)
http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/blast-from-the-past-spurs-v-swans-229556

That team is astonishing isn't it? Five defenders, one midfielder, three centre forwards and a winger.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 10:03 - Mar 28 with 1865 viewsSwaneeRiver

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 09:57 - Mar 28 by monmouth

That team is astonishing isn't it? Five defenders, one midfielder, three centre forwards and a winger.

Even more remarkable that apart from Tommy Smith (was the James Leighton or Robbie ?) and possibly Leighton James, all the rest of the team played for us in the Third and Fourth Divisions.
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 10:05 - Mar 28 with 1891 viewsStarsky

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 10:03 - Mar 28 by SwaneeRiver

Even more remarkable that apart from Tommy Smith (was the James Leighton or Robbie ?) and possibly Leighton James, all the rest of the team played for us in the Third and Fourth Divisions.

It was Robbie.
I don't think Leighton joined us until we went up to the 2nd division

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 10:11 - Mar 28 with 1858 viewsSwaneeRiver

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 10:05 - Mar 28 by Starsky

It was Robbie.
I don't think Leighton joined us until we went up to the 2nd division

Excuse the ramblings of a babbling old fool.
I forgot that this game took place just a few months after we got promoted from the Fourth Division, so of course all the players would have played in the Fourth or at best the Third up to that point.
As you rightly say (and I knew) Leighton didn't join us until the end of the 1979 / 80 season, making his debut I believe (and scoring ?) against Charlton away in the last game of the season ?
Who have thought the end of the following season he'd play such a pivotal part in the Preston game ?
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 10:14 - Mar 28 with 1857 viewsSwaneeRiver

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 22:14 - Mar 27 by Dr_Winston

Brentford 6-0.

I was there. Everyone else is lying.

I was there and after a few pints I was introduced to my hero Alan Curtis - I stood there like a quivering wreck not knowing what the hell to say !
I believe JJ scored a hat trick ?
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 11:05 - Mar 28 with 1855 viewsTheArtChappy

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 23:08 - Mar 27 by Darran

Did you have a beard then Chris?
Love you Dude. ❤️

Ha ha not when I was 18

The Art Chappy A.K.A Chris Chapman
Poll: should 3pm kick offs be allowed to be brocasted live

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 11:07 - Mar 28 with 1852 viewsTrundle10

Thinly veiled, I am a bigger supporter than you thread.
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 11:14 - Mar 28 with 1843 viewsTrundle10

I game which sticks in my head was a 4-2 win against Bury the season after the Hull game. A Bradley Mayeltt hatrick, (Super Bradley Maylett!!!) Trundle first league goal big crowd and a lovely afternoon in the sun. A complete contrast to the angst of the hull game a few months before.

[Post edited 28 Mar 2016 11:18]
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 12:00 - Mar 28 with 1798 viewsJackanapes

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 01:15 - Mar 28 by longlostjack

There you go - memory playing tricks. Tbh I could have sworn it was an evening kick off. Can remember exactly where I was standing mind and Charlo's run from the centre line to edge of box when he got the foul. Strange thing the brain 😉

It was an evening kick off. He still went off in bright sunshine.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 12:01 - Mar 28 with 1795 viewsJackanapes

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 03:50 - Mar 28 by Starsky

It was an evening game

Yes and he went off in bright(august) sunshine, as you would have known if you were there.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2016 12:02]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 12:05 - Mar 28 with 1785 viewsJackanapes

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 11:07 - Mar 28 by Trundle10

Thinly veiled, I am a bigger supporter than you thread.

Thinly veiled, I have an inferiority complex and I'm jealous of all the real supporters.

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 14:59 - Mar 28 with 1733 viewsDr_Winston

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 10:14 - Mar 28 by SwaneeRiver

I was there and after a few pints I was introduced to my hero Alan Curtis - I stood there like a quivering wreck not knowing what the hell to say !
I believe JJ scored a hat trick ?

Don't think so, although I may be wrong. Can remember Verschave scoring a couple.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 16:15 - Mar 28 with 1702 viewsStarsky

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 12:01 - Mar 28 by Jackanapes

Yes and he went off in bright(august) sunshine, as you would have known if you were there.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2016 12:02]

I was there and he went off under the floodlights.

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 16:55 - Mar 28 with 1757 viewsJackanapes

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 16:15 - Mar 28 by Starsky

I was there and he went off under the floodlights.

which were not switched on at the time. Smith fouled Ardiles about 5 mins into the game. 7.35pm. Sundown on 29th August 8.08pm so dark by 8.45 say.

Ooops looks like I was wrong. Its wasn't 5 minutes, it was 20 seconds.
"That Tommy Smith tackle on Ossie Ardiles set us up to win that game. Within 20 seconds of the game he had taken one of the world's best players out of the match."

Read more: http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/vicious-tackle-Villa-pleasure-kicked-gre
Follow us: @SWEveningPost on Twitter | SWEveningPost on Facebook
[Post edited 28 Mar 2016 17:08]

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 17:46 - Mar 28 with 1705 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 01:19 - Mar 24 by icecoldjack

I never quite over us getting done at Wembley against Northampton I think 19,000 jacks knew the re taken free kick was going in

For a bad result that HAD to be the one. Not very graceful winners either, cocky tw@ts.
For a good result either of the Wembley wins (epescially the League Cup win for obvious reasons) and the Forest Home semi final win too.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 18:02 - Mar 28 with 1689 viewsdickythorpe

Jan 1st 1986 at the Vetch v Bournemouth, finished nil nil but it had been thought a few days before we were finished as a club.
I went to the club shop for the first time and seeing the old programmes on sale was to me breath taking. An Aston Villa one from 1982 sticks in my mind, European Champions.....look at them now!!!
Colin Clarke played against us that day and he went on to that summers World Cup in Mexico with Northern Ireland.
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 18:06 - Mar 28 with 1687 viewsmorningstar

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 16:55 - Mar 28 by Jackanapes

which were not switched on at the time. Smith fouled Ardiles about 5 mins into the game. 7.35pm. Sundown on 29th August 8.08pm so dark by 8.45 say.

Ooops looks like I was wrong. Its wasn't 5 minutes, it was 20 seconds.
"That Tommy Smith tackle on Ossie Ardiles set us up to win that game. Within 20 seconds of the game he had taken one of the world's best players out of the match."

Read more: http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/vicious-tackle-Villa-pleasure-kicked-gre
Follow us: @SWEveningPost on Twitter | SWEveningPost on Facebook
[Post edited 28 Mar 2016 17:08]

We really will argue over anything on this site won't we!

Though if sundown was at 8.08pm, the sun at 7.30pm would have been low in the sky behind the West Stand. The floodlights would have been on.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 18:10 - Mar 28 with 1684 viewsmorningstar

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 18:02 - Mar 28 by dickythorpe

Jan 1st 1986 at the Vetch v Bournemouth, finished nil nil but it had been thought a few days before we were finished as a club.
I went to the club shop for the first time and seeing the old programmes on sale was to me breath taking. An Aston Villa one from 1982 sticks in my mind, European Champions.....look at them now!!!
Colin Clarke played against us that day and he went on to that summers World Cup in Mexico with Northern Ireland.

Now that was one game that 20000 people could say they were there even though the attendance was something like 6500. You couldn't move in there.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024