Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most 23:10 - Mar 23 with 20049 viewsMrSwerve

If you had to choose one, not necessarily because of a good result. Let's discount the championship playoff final as it's a bit of an obvious one. Same for the COC final.

Don't know why but the one that stands out for me is our 4-0 hammering by Kidderminster in 2002. Tuesday night game at the Verch, absolutely pissing down if I remember rightly. Put us joint bottom and was utterly depressing!

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 18:39 - Mar 28 with 1818 viewsTrundle10

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 12:05 - Mar 28 by Jackanapes

Thinly veiled, I have an inferiority complex and I'm jealous of all the real supporters.

Weirdo
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 20:24 - Mar 28 with 1771 viewsStarsky

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 18:06 - Mar 28 by morningstar

We really will argue over anything on this site won't we!

Though if sundown was at 8.08pm, the sun at 7.30pm would have been low in the sky behind the West Stand. The floodlights would have been on.

Spot on Gary,

Jackanapes probably didn't attend the game himself.

He's already got confused and corrected himself on the Tommy Smith tackle.

What he doesn't know is, not only was I at the game but I was also involved in the floodlight switch on.

It's just the internet, init.

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 21:35 - Mar 28 with 1754 viewsmorningstar

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 20:24 - Mar 28 by Starsky

Spot on Gary,

What he doesn't know is, not only was I at the game but I was also involved in the floodlight switch on.

No you weren't cos i switched them on!

Though in seriousness, your theory may be correct regarding Jackanapes being at the game. Of course the younger element wouldn't remember the Double Decker. When it was taken down the sun would indeed shine on the pitch at that time!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 21:53 - Mar 28 with 1733 viewsStarsky

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 21:35 - Mar 28 by morningstar

Though in seriousness, your theory may be correct regarding Jackanapes being at the game. Of course the younger element wouldn't remember the Double Decker. When it was taken down the sun would indeed shine on the pitch at that time!

Well deduced, case closed

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 22:36 - Mar 28 with 1698 viewsTNT

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 15:18 - Mar 24 by Pegojack

One that sticks in my mind was Swindon away on April 14th, 1979, the season we got promoted from the third to the second division under Toshack.

My dad took me and my mate in his battered Triumph 2000 down the M4, thousands of Jacks there, we won 1-0 with a typical Robbie James goal, bursting forward and blasting the ball low into the net. Phil Boersma got a career finishing snapped ankle right in front of us, I can still hear the crack as it broke.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2016 15:19]

I think it was Steve Aizlewood (brother of Mark) who broke Boersma's ankle (I too can still hear that sickening crack, I was directly behind the goal... if Ardiles thought Tommy Smith's tackle was a bad one...pfff!).

Also, Plymouth away in '79 was a memorable one, 2-2. Great Swans support.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 23:37 - Mar 28 with 1660 viewsStarsky

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 22:36 - Mar 28 by TNT

I think it was Steve Aizlewood (brother of Mark) who broke Boersma's ankle (I too can still hear that sickening crack, I was directly behind the goal... if Ardiles thought Tommy Smith's tackle was a bad one...pfff!).

I was at both games.
I remember Plymouths star player being Gary Megson

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 08:36 - Mar 29 with 1616 viewsSwaneeRiver

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 18:10 - Mar 28 by morningstar

Now that was one game that 20000 people could say they were there even though the attendance was something like 6500. You couldn't move in there.

Me and my wife were there. It was so cold that she borrowed extra socks before the game to keep her tootsies warm - bless mun !
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 08:38 - Mar 29 with 1614 viewsSwaneeRiver

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 23:37 - Mar 28 by Starsky

I was at both games.

I used to follow Swans everywhere then, and saw both those games.
Login to get fewer ads

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 08:54 - Mar 29 with 1590 viewsswan65split

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 20:24 - Mar 28 by Starsky

Spot on Gary,

Was that the one wher ethe genny caught on fire?!...............
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 08:55 - Mar 29 with 1587 viewsswan65split

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 22:36 - Mar 28 by TNT

I was at the Plymouth one, train down.
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 08:56 - Mar 29 with 1579 viewsswan65split

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 23:37 - Mar 28 by Starsky

I was at both games.

Gary Megson? cant remember I was pissed
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 10:24 - Mar 29 with 1536 viewsdailew

Darlo away.

0-0 half-time and lost 6-0. Them were the days.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 11:07 - Mar 29 with 1526 viewsmonmouth

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 21:35 - Mar 28 by morningstar

I was in the double decker upper for that spurs game. Remember wondering at the time it was shaking when we scored if it was safe! Can't remember sunny or floodlit or both though, but I always thought 'floodlights' and my joy at Hoddles disallowed 'winner' when remembering the game.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 11:23 - Mar 29 with 1516 viewsmarchamjack

talking of the double decker, we used to buy a single upper tier ticket for 50p...then drop it through the floor boards to the rest below (who've paid the terrace fee, maybe 25p?) and all one by one go upstairs and take our seats on that single ticket.

This military operation would only be thwarted on the few occasions when the wind would catch the dropped ticket and blow it onto the pitch. Then the law of the jungle would stand if you were the one left down below while all your mates were above laughing and trying to gob on your head through the slats in the boards ie. tough sht :)

They were simpler times...

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 11:45 - Mar 29 with 1498 viewsDarran

Talking of the Double Decker here's my ticket from my first ever Swans game.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 12:00 - Mar 29 with 1488 viewsdailew

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 11:45 - Mar 29 by Darran

Price in decimal !

Plastic !!

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 12:08 - Mar 29 with 1474 viewsDarran

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 12:00 - Mar 29 by dailew

Price in decimal !

Plastic !!

Shut up.

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 12:11 - Mar 29 with 1467 viewsswan65split

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 11:45 - Mar 29 by Darran

was that the year we borrowed Henson Hanvey and johnson?
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 12:17 - Mar 29 with 1454 viewsDarran

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 12:11 - Mar 29 by swan65split

I've got no idea Chris but I do remember being told that Malcolm Allison brought them down to play us because he was friends with Roy Bentley.

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 12:29 - Mar 29 with 1442 viewsmonmouth

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 12:11 - Mar 29 by swan65split

It was certainly around then. They were my heroes as a child, especially Jeff Johnson. One was a ginger wasn't he, but I can't remember which.

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 16:21 - Mar 29 with 1380 viewsswan65split

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 12:29 - Mar 29 by monmouth

It was certainly around then. They were my heroes as a child, especially Jeff Johnson. One was a ginger wasn't he, but I can't remember which.

Yes I did some research.lol, it was that Season, Henson looked small and weak ,but went off to play 16 games for Man Cty and then to Sheff Wed.
Hanvey was the Ginger one, all left foot, went on to play nearly 400 games.
Johnson was the hit, only one season with us then to Palace, Sheff Wed, Newport, Gillinham, Port Vale.
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 16:41 - Mar 29 with 1365 viewsDarran

Another thing I remember form those days too was people putting dustbins with ladders leaning off them to keep the parking space outside their houses around The Vetch.
Anyone remember that?

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 19:41 - Mar 29 with 1330 viewsmorningstar

Doesn't look very sunny!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 20:00 - Mar 29 with 1314 viewsCooperman

My first game was also Man City, but the 4-1 home win in '83.

I remember being excited about seeing an electronic scoreboard in the flesh for the first time only to be gutted when there wasn't one.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 20:13 - Mar 29 with 1302 viewsmonmouth

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 20:00 - Mar 29 by Cooperman

My first game was also Man City, but the 4-1 home win in '83.

I remember being excited about seeing an electronic scoreboard in the flesh for the first time only to be gutted when there wasn't one.

Remember the half time board where they manually put the numbers in. You needed a programme to get the match codes though. We used to have fun guessing (how stupid is that!).

A 0-0 "I wonder if that's Leeds - West Brom"?
B 1-0 "I wonder if that's Leeds - West Brom"?
C 0-2 "I wonder if that's Leeds - West Brom"?

Endless fun to be had there as you can see. Always ended the same way too.

"Oh mush, lend us your proggy for a minute"

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024