Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wigan season tickets 18:06 - Apr 4 with 13120 viewsSalwaDale

http://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan-athletic/latics-news/sharpe-aims-to-make-a

Interesting.

TBBT

Wigan season tickets on 17:48 - Apr 7 with 2257 viewspedrodale

How about
Last home game of season free.

Forms handed out at previous home games.
Forms on back of or with Gold bond paper.
Forms in club shop.
Forms in Observer/MEN.

Forms handed back in at turnstile on last home game.

No need to go to ticket office.
Wigan season tickets on 19:04 - Apr 7 with 2199 viewspioneer

Wigan season tickets on 19:35 - Apr 6 by ColDale

But the form filling is where it goes from being a freebie to being marketing.

We all know that historically, people have had to fill stuff in for the sake of it but this is as part of a wider plan to use that info to get the fanbase to improve. Like I said, as a club we have an idea about our core support but we know very little about the floating supporters and its them that need targeting. The club is using the mailing list well at the moment since they changed providers so that would suggest genuine desire to make a change.

The key will be the ease of swapping the form for the ticket. Make them available at the office, club shop, Ratcliffes, Trust desk, FITC office then that takes away the hassle of it. If we have people queuing for 10 mins, then its a wasted opportunity. Even if its a case of handing them in at the turnstiles (whilst offering paid entry for those who don't like filling in forms).

And for me (and I could be wrong), the last game of the season is the one where we need to be pushing season tickets. If the first game was free, it might have a negative effect on people buying last minute season tickets.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Form filling is just one more inconvenience. We want to get folks in the ground to see a game live and then want to comeback because they enjoyed it. No sure about you but if i was filling in the form I would avoid giving away my e mail - will that stop them getting a free ticket.

Yes hand out forms at the turnstile if you want asking for contact details and provide some form of box for these to be left in for those willing to fill them in, but if this is a prior requirement then it is not an offer of free admission for all (students) - its free admission if you are willing to provide contact details in advance.

Again we seem to be more interested in maximising our e mail list than we are in filling the ground. And there is NO evidence the first leads to the second. I was at Wembley and have yet to receive any e mails from the club.
Wigan season tickets on 19:31 - Apr 7 with 2170 viewsD_Alien

Wigan season tickets on 19:04 - Apr 7 by pioneer

Form filling is just one more inconvenience. We want to get folks in the ground to see a game live and then want to comeback because they enjoyed it. No sure about you but if i was filling in the form I would avoid giving away my e mail - will that stop them getting a free ticket.

Yes hand out forms at the turnstile if you want asking for contact details and provide some form of box for these to be left in for those willing to fill them in, but if this is a prior requirement then it is not an offer of free admission for all (students) - its free admission if you are willing to provide contact details in advance.

Again we seem to be more interested in maximising our e mail list than we are in filling the ground. And there is NO evidence the first leads to the second. I was at Wembley and have yet to receive any e mails from the club.

You won't get any emails if you're intent on avoiding providing it?

Wembley was 8 years ago!

Frances@rochdaleafc.co.uk

office@rochdaleafc.co.uk

Try either of those, and enjoy the brilliant new e-shots that are being sent out on a weekly basis.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Wigan season tickets on 20:00 - Apr 7 with 2122 viewsmacro

I'd have a kid for a quid with a paying adult up to 18

No tickets on a casuals basis more than £20

Season tickets I'd have at £184 for seating that's £8 a match

Standing I'd have at £138 which is £6 a match

Id also do discount Tuesday's as they are the worst attended
Wigan season tickets on 22:24 - Apr 7 with 2028 viewspioneer

Wigan season tickets on 19:31 - Apr 7 by D_Alien

You won't get any emails if you're intent on avoiding providing it?

Wembley was 8 years ago!

Frances@rochdaleafc.co.uk

office@rochdaleafc.co.uk

Try either of those, and enjoy the brilliant new e-shots that are being sent out on a weekly basis.

My point was I didnt receive any when they had access to my e mail and I am not complaining about that. Any offer that requires me to provide my e mail is unlikely to be an offer I a interested in. Now paying a tenner on the gate no strings attached is something else.

lets mae it easy, not conditional.
Wigan season tickets on 08:41 - Apr 8 with 1954 viewsupthedale

Wigan season tickets on 22:24 - Apr 7 by pioneer

My point was I didnt receive any when they had access to my e mail and I am not complaining about that. Any offer that requires me to provide my e mail is unlikely to be an offer I a interested in. Now paying a tenner on the gate no strings attached is something else.

lets mae it easy, not conditional.

I do know what you mean about handing out your email, to avoid spam etc.

But any offer that's worth applying for I'd argue is usually worth your email address so you can receive future offers and news.

I think it's reasonable to ask for people's contact details and ask them to complete a form for a free ticket (or whatever).
Wigan season tickets on 14:15 - Apr 8 with 1909 viewspioneer

Wigan season tickets on 08:41 - Apr 8 by upthedale

I do know what you mean about handing out your email, to avoid spam etc.

But any offer that's worth applying for I'd argue is usually worth your email address so you can receive future offers and news.

I think it's reasonable to ask for people's contact details and ask them to complete a form for a free ticket (or whatever).

I am not suggesting it is unreasonable to ask (which is different to 'require')

But under asking or requiring, it may affect the response. My point is do we want to maximise an e mail contact list or do we want to maximise bums on seats (or feet on terraces) and the two might not be the same.

I think (though no evidence to prove) if you say pound at the gate no strings (and can still provide a leaflet at the gate asking to fill in after entry) the response will be greater than having folk having to go to an office (or one of several office locations) to provide such details to 'qualify' for a pound admission offer.
Wigan season tickets on 14:47 - Apr 8 with 1878 viewsDaleiLama

Wigan season tickets on 14:15 - Apr 8 by pioneer

I am not suggesting it is unreasonable to ask (which is different to 'require')

But under asking or requiring, it may affect the response. My point is do we want to maximise an e mail contact list or do we want to maximise bums on seats (or feet on terraces) and the two might not be the same.

I think (though no evidence to prove) if you say pound at the gate no strings (and can still provide a leaflet at the gate asking to fill in after entry) the response will be greater than having folk having to go to an office (or one of several office locations) to provide such details to 'qualify' for a pound admission offer.

The technology is there and (I'm guessing) not particularly sophisticated to do something on-line, in advance, print off a voucher with a bar code and have it read at the turnstile.

I know not everyone has access to a printer, but coupled with a (reasonably smart) phone not many would be excluded - this should be a p-o-p.

But then ..............

PS I know we don't have such technology currently. Why bother when we can pay a man to stand in a dark cupboard for an hour!
[Post edited 8 Apr 2016 14:54]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Wigan season tickets on 15:19 - Apr 8 with 1840 viewspioneer

Wigan season tickets on 14:47 - Apr 8 by DaleiLama

The technology is there and (I'm guessing) not particularly sophisticated to do something on-line, in advance, print off a voucher with a bar code and have it read at the turnstile.

I know not everyone has access to a printer, but coupled with a (reasonably smart) phone not many would be excluded - this should be a p-o-p.

But then ..............

PS I know we don't have such technology currently. Why bother when we can pay a man to stand in a dark cupboard for an hour!
[Post edited 8 Apr 2016 14:54]

We are waiting for Hornets to try it first!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024