Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bin Collection Information 09:35 - Apr 7 with 3951 viewsmingthemerciless

Anybody know what the rules are these day regarding rubbish collection ? My big green rubbish big was full to the brim so I've been storing excess rubbish bags in the big brown bin. It's my collection day today so I got the rubbish bags out of the brown bin, put them in neatly tied brand new black sacks, and left them by the big green bin. When I got back the green bin was empty but the sacks were still there.

Now I've put the black sacks in my green bin the bin is already half full and I've got three weeks to go !

I understood that if you left excess rubbish bags neatly next to the bin they'd be taken away. Looks like I'm wrong again.
Bin Collection Information on 11:01 - Apr 8 with 970 views49thseason

Bin Collection Information on 16:49 - Apr 7 by rochdaleriddler

the bin men are not allowed to take extra, the whole idea(from the council point of view) is to reduce normal rubbish collection, and thus landfill charge.If everyone just had more/larger bins the plethora of bins/3 weekly collection wouldnt make sense. The council are quite happy for you to pollute the environment by taking it to the tip yourself though!!
Agree it is an issue if you miss a cycle due to holidays, get alan brett on the case he knows a lot about shit

Rochdale Council is taking an overly strict view of Government landfill directives which in turn are imposed by the EU Landfill Directive of 1999.
Apparently RMBC wants to be the greenest Council in the UK- I have no idea why. These nonsensical ideas have given rise to outbreaks of bin thefts all over the country. I had a huge row with RMBC when my bin was nicked (and used as transport in a robbery from a nearby house). They tried to make me pay £35 for a new one (I was doorstepped by two council workers in an attempt to make me pay up). Eventually, after I got my Councillors involved they agreed that it was their bin that got stolen and replaced it 6 weeks later with a used one from a supply that they don't like people to know about.
You can get a free brown bin or a blue and green one but you have to pay for green ones if you want a bigger one etc.
Bin Collection Information on 11:03 - Apr 8 with 969 viewsDaley_Lama

Not an issue for me, but there are some items that can't go into the weekly garden/food bin that instead have to go into the green (3 weekly) bin.

I'm thinking of disposable nappies. Miss a collection and these things will be sat around for over a month.

Poll: DF in or out

Bin Collection Information on 11:06 - Apr 8 with 969 viewsroccydaleian

Bin Collection Information on 11:01 - Apr 8 by 49thseason

Rochdale Council is taking an overly strict view of Government landfill directives which in turn are imposed by the EU Landfill Directive of 1999.
Apparently RMBC wants to be the greenest Council in the UK- I have no idea why. These nonsensical ideas have given rise to outbreaks of bin thefts all over the country. I had a huge row with RMBC when my bin was nicked (and used as transport in a robbery from a nearby house). They tried to make me pay £35 for a new one (I was doorstepped by two council workers in an attempt to make me pay up). Eventually, after I got my Councillors involved they agreed that it was their bin that got stolen and replaced it 6 weeks later with a used one from a supply that they don't like people to know about.
You can get a free brown bin or a blue and green one but you have to pay for green ones if you want a bigger one etc.

Another tick for Brexit?
Bin Collection Information on 12:13 - Apr 8 with 905 viewsD_Alien

Bin Collection Information on 11:01 - Apr 8 by 49thseason

It's scandalous.

If your replacement bin cost £35, just think how much the additional food waste bins might have cost - even if they're smaller so slightly lower, x number of households. Plus, the different type of wagons needed to collect them. Not to mention the illiterate leaflets sent out to inform us all of how they were wasting our money. Mine went straight into the bin. The brown one.

The next time you hear our councillors bleating about cuts to vital services such as social care and other important community functions such as the library service and whatever else they think will tug at the electoral heartstrings, just ask yourself how they can afford to implement this overblown policy. Priorities? Don't make me laugh! I won't need to mention what political persuasion they come from, will I?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bin Collection Information on 12:36 - Apr 8 with 873 views49thseason

Bin Collection Information on 11:06 - Apr 8 by roccydaleian

Another tick for Brexit?

Dont get me started, you wouldn't like me when Im angry!
Bin Collection Information on 12:38 - Apr 8 with 868 viewsroccydaleian

Bin Collection Information on 12:13 - Apr 8 by D_Alien

It's scandalous.

If your replacement bin cost £35, just think how much the additional food waste bins might have cost - even if they're smaller so slightly lower, x number of households. Plus, the different type of wagons needed to collect them. Not to mention the illiterate leaflets sent out to inform us all of how they were wasting our money. Mine went straight into the bin. The brown one.

The next time you hear our councillors bleating about cuts to vital services such as social care and other important community functions such as the library service and whatever else they think will tug at the electoral heartstrings, just ask yourself how they can afford to implement this overblown policy. Priorities? Don't make me laugh! I won't need to mention what political persuasion they come from, will I?

And not to mention another £2.5 million on the Townhead fiasco
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/rochdale-cou
Bin Collection Information on 12:42 - Apr 8 with 856 viewsD_Alien

Bin Collection Information on 12:38 - Apr 8 by roccydaleian

And not to mention another £2.5 million on the Townhead fiasco
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/rochdale-cou

Now you're making me angry - and I'm probably not as polite as 49th!

Bin Collection Information on 12:52 - Apr 8 with 830 viewsD_Alien

Bin Collection Information on 12:42 - Apr 8 by D_Alien

Now you're making me angry - and I'm probably not as polite as 49th!

Had a leaflet from the Labour party through the door ahead of the council elections in May. Just a cursory glance (pun intended) told me all I need to know. The words "Tory Cuts" were in virtually every malformed sentence.

F*cking incompetent self-serving left-wing tossers.

Any complaints about language can go to roccy

[Post edited 8 Apr 2016 12:54]

Login to get fewer ads

Bin Collection Information on 13:13 - Apr 8 with 806 viewsroccydaleian

Bin Collection Information on 12:52 - Apr 8 by D_Alien

Had a leaflet from the Labour party through the door ahead of the council elections in May. Just a cursory glance (pun intended) told me all I need to know. The words "Tory Cuts" were in virtually every malformed sentence.

Fook off you right wing idot
Bin Collection Information on 14:10 - Apr 8 with 773 viewsjudd

They at least have the common decency to just put mine through the letterbox.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Bin Collection Information on 14:12 - Apr 8 with 772 viewsRalphs12

We had two big green bins, which we'd paid extra for. One day they took one of the big ones and replaced it with a half sized one, still waiting on a refund.

Had the garden bin with food crap in it not emptied once, when I phoned and told them it hadn't been emptied the woman on the other end said oh the stuff must be stuck in there and "would have to wait until the next collection in 3 weeks and next time I put out the bins I should stir it up with a stick to make sure it emptied next time"

Rubbish service.
Bin Collection Information on 14:28 - Apr 8 with 746 views49thseason

Dont bother getting agitated, the sheeple will prevail, after all its not their money.. and dont even mention so called "EU money" that RMBC seem able to spray about like randy tom cats.
The case for basic economics to be taught in schools has never been more apparent. Anyway its all Fatchers fault. And according to Dumbledore on Question Time last night its "only " 8.8 Thousand Million a year that we send to Brussels every year ...so thats all right then.
Bin Collection Information on 14:43 - Apr 8 with 732 viewsD_Alien

Bin Collection Information on 14:28 - Apr 8 by 49thseason

Dont bother getting agitated, the sheeple will prevail, after all its not their money.. and dont even mention so called "EU money" that RMBC seem able to spray about like randy tom cats.
The case for basic economics to be taught in schools has never been more apparent. Anyway its all Fatchers fault. And according to Dumbledore on Question Time last night its "only " 8.8 Thousand Million a year that we send to Brussels every year ...so thats all right then.

Ah, I've long since got anything like agitated about incompetence, especially at local level. There's a lot of genuinely good people in Rochdale who deserve better than having their hard-earned cash wasted, but it's simply a function of how our democracy works and there are far worse alternatives.

Many of my "angry" posts are posted with a grin on my face.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024