Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guidolin 09:40 - Apr 10 with 2539 viewsSwaneeRiver

Call me a turncoat, whatever, but before yesterday I was all for any other manager next season but him.
Now after being lucky enough to watch him work at close quarters and see him engineer another brilliant win (following on from those against Everton and Arsenal in particular I mean) I would love him to be our manager going into next season.
Apart from the insistence of playing Gomis (I'd have thrown Barrow on if Paloschi had to come off), yesterday was by far his best yet and the team to a man (bar Gomis) gave everything for the cause.
On the day when the king of the 1-0 win, John Hollins came to visit at half time, it seems we have a new King of wins by the odd goal
Guidolin on 10:42 - Apr 10 with 2389 viewsPrivate_Partz

I can understand people being concerned about his health and his potential style of football. I think however here are many positives in his favour and he should therefore be given the chance to see what he can do.
The change in style for me was even more noticeable on MOTD than actually watching the game live. It was clear we were attacking with much more pace thereby giving Jeff the opportunity to run at them. We were also closing down aggressively and in packs thereby taking the pressures of the defence and Fabs.
If this is the sign of things to come then bring it on I say. If FG is shown the door we will never know.
A one year contract with the option of 3 after 6 months would not cause massive issues if it went pear shaped during the probation period.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Guidolin on 10:45 - Apr 10 with 2351 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Agree, I am not sure that there isn't some kind of clause in Gomis's contract about playing unless injured it is hard to understand why Monk, Curtis and now Guidolin persevere with him.
Apart from that you can see the progress that the team and individual players are making, the play is getting more exciting, dynamic and attacking.
With his many contacts and the proven ability to bring on players I think he is an ideal fit for Swansea.
Guidolin on 10:51 - Apr 10 with 2335 viewsjack247

Guidolin on 10:45 - Apr 10 by A_Fans_Dad

Agree, I am not sure that there isn't some kind of clause in Gomis's contract about playing unless injured it is hard to understand why Monk, Curtis and now Guidolin persevere with him.
Apart from that you can see the progress that the team and individual players are making, the play is getting more exciting, dynamic and attacking.
With his many contacts and the proven ability to bring on players I think he is an ideal fit for Swansea.

He only came on yesterday because Paloschi was knackered. He was brought on to give us a target to hit so he could hold the ball up and relieve pressure on the defence. Barrow wouldn't have been able to do that, I know Gomis didn't either, but he at least could have done if he had shown a bit more effort, so I can see the logic in the substitution.

He is being marginalised and rightly so, he isn't good enough and doesn't have a great attitude.
Guidolin on 10:53 - Apr 10 with 2325 viewstomdickharry

With all this talk of new investment/take over and who knew what was happening and who didn't, was wondering who will now actually select our Manager,one of the most important decisions in recent times.Will it be the current board? Will new majority shareholders be given or want a say? Just think how important the Manager issue.
Guidolin on 10:54 - Apr 10 with 2320 viewsPrivate_Partz

Guidolin on 10:45 - Apr 10 by A_Fans_Dad

I genuinely think Bafi is a popular player at the club, trains well and wants to succeed. I thought so up until his cameo performance yesterday which was up there with Jon Jo's second half against Oxford. It is a shame. He has been off form, his off field comments last year when not in the side, coupled with the fans understandable frustration, has wrecked his future here. I suspect all parties now agree it is time to move on.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Guidolin on 10:57 - Apr 10 with 2296 viewsPrivate_Partz

Guidolin on 10:53 - Apr 10 by tomdickharry

With all this talk of new investment/take over and who knew what was happening and who didn't, was wondering who will now actually select our Manager,one of the most important decisions in recent times.Will it be the current board? Will new majority shareholders be given or want a say? Just think how important the Manager issue.

A very good point. We don't want a Cullis type appointment foisted on us. If these guys get in they could want their own man. A sure fire sign that they know twice the eff all about football.....

Guidolin on 10:58 - Apr 10 with 2289 viewsawayjack

Yup I'm with you on this. Naturally been pleased with results squeezed out through defensive set-up but yesterday he showed what he can do with width and pressing game and tactics were spot on. Hopefully he carries on with width, pace and pressing game for rest of the season.
Guidolin on 11:02 - Apr 10 with 2250 viewsDafyddHuw

I'd like to see what he does with the team now that we've got to 40 points. If he lets them go out and play football, then fair enough. But he's got a lot to do to impress after such a pathetically defensive line up at home to Villa.
He's done the job he was brought in to do, so fair play to him. Now let's see what he really can do.
Login to get fewer ads

Guidolin on 11:04 - Apr 10 with 2235 viewspencoedjack

Nice to see posters changing their minds on Frankie.

Was Rodgers there watching a managerial masterclass yesterday ?
Guidolin on 11:05 - Apr 10 with 2222 viewsJackfath

Guidolin on 11:04 - Apr 10 by pencoedjack

No but KOL was.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Guidolin on 11:38 - Apr 10 with 2117 viewsjacabertawe

Hah! I had spoken to an number of supporters prior to the match who knew that Brendan was definitely going to be attending yesterday and would be brought out to take a measure of fans' support. If loudly applauded, he would take over in the summer (a bit disrespectful to FG, I thought).

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Guidolin on 11:50 - Apr 10 with 2086 viewsGaryFiskinsSock

In his 12 games we have averaged 1.75 points per game. That is champions league form from a team he took over in the bottom 3.
Rodgers didn't get that sort of results in a Liverpool side he had spent over £200m on.
If we choose to swap Guidolin for Rodgers in the summer then some thing is seriously wrong.
Guidolin on 11:53 - Apr 10 with 2071 viewsWarwickHunt

Guidolin on 11:38 - Apr 10 by jacabertawe

Hah! I had spoken to an number of supporters prior to the match who knew that Brendan was definitely going to be attending yesterday and would be brought out to take a measure of fans' support. If loudly applauded, he would take over in the summer (a bit disrespectful to FG, I thought).

Ladies and gentlemen - your new manager...

John Hollins.
Guidolin on 11:53 - Apr 10 with 2069 viewsMattG

Guidolin on 11:38 - Apr 10 by jacabertawe

Appointment by Clapometer - bring back Hughie Green!
Guidolin on 12:50 - Apr 10 with 1953 viewsjeza739

Whereas I wouldn't be too disappointed by the return of BR he's definitely my second choice.
When FG took over we were a shambles heading for south Wales derbies again in the championship. He had one remit, keep us in the premiership. He's done that with ease.
If anyone had said to me after Bournemouth and Leicester at home we would be 13 pts clear of bottom 3 (and same no of points off Euro qualification) with 5 games left I'd have sent for the men in white coats. Whereas it has been dire on occasions as we've ground out results but we've done what was required.
Yesterday was more a sign of what he can bring us, and remember he has brought in one of his own players and hasn't changed to his more fav formation because he said it was too risky in our current predicament.

For me with a few signings, offload the deadwood and a full preseason, my first choice for manager (health permitting) is the only one who would put his cock on the block and trust his ability in January when we were in the cack.
22pts in 12 games is 70 for a season, without it being his team yet etc.
Total no brainier in my opinion, FG all day long
Guidolin on 12:53 - Apr 10 with 1932 viewsmagicdaps10

Must confess to being a bit of a turncoat myself after that performance yesterday.

Dont think he is the man but have i like the guy and think he has something to offer us. He has a good knowledge of players and seems to have an eye for a player taking into account the players he has brought in at the other clubs he has been at and also advising the Pozzo's on player recruitment at their clubs.

Director of football maybe!?!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Guidolin on 12:55 - Apr 10 with 1913 viewsjack247

Guidolin on 12:50 - Apr 10 by jeza739

Whereas I wouldn't be too disappointed by the return of BR he's definitely my second choice.
When FG took over we were a shambles heading for south Wales derbies again in the championship. He had one remit, keep us in the premiership. He's done that with ease.
If anyone had said to me after Bournemouth and Leicester at home we would be 13 pts clear of bottom 3 (and same no of points off Euro qualification) with 5 games left I'd have sent for the men in white coats. Whereas it has been dire on occasions as we've ground out results but we've done what was required.
Yesterday was more a sign of what he can bring us, and remember he has brought in one of his own players and hasn't changed to his more fav formation because he said it was too risky in our current predicament.

For me with a few signings, offload the deadwood and a full preseason, my first choice for manager (health permitting) is the only one who would put his cock on the block and trust his ability in January when we were in the cack.
22pts in 12 games is 70 for a season, without it being his team yet etc.
Total no brainier in my opinion, FG all day long

Bang on. It becomes interesting when the likes of Sampaoli and Emery start getting linked. Not Brendan Rodgers. The only thing I can see in his favour over Guidollin is he is likely to bring Je Allen back. I'd rather see what Guido can do with his own team.
Guidolin on 13:02 - Apr 10 with 1881 viewsjeza739

Guidolin on 12:53 - Apr 10 by magicdaps10

Must confess to being a bit of a turncoat myself after that performance yesterday.

Dont think he is the man but have i like the guy and think he has something to offer us. He has a good knowledge of players and seems to have an eye for a player taking into account the players he has brought in at the other clubs he has been at and also advising the Pozzo's on player recruitment at their clubs.

Director of football maybe!?!

So why not for us? My only concern would be his health. He's justifiably one of the favourites for Italian job.good enough for a super power but not good enough for us? Hmmmm.
Opinions I know, but given what he's done here in the circumstances in which he took over and his record at similar clubs of same size and stature to me it's a no brainier, health permitting.
Yes I can understand the DoF option but by his own admission he's a tracksuit manager not a suite one
Guidolin on 13:06 - Apr 10 with 1852 viewsmagicdaps10

Guidolin on 13:02 - Apr 10 by jeza739

So why not for us? My only concern would be his health. He's justifiably one of the favourites for Italian job.good enough for a super power but not good enough for us? Hmmmm.
Opinions I know, but given what he's done here in the circumstances in which he took over and his record at similar clubs of same size and stature to me it's a no brainier, health permitting.
Yes I can understand the DoF option but by his own admission he's a tracksuit manager not a suite one

Firstly, i would have to see more than one display like yesterday and then if they were to come then questions over his health will be raised. My reason would be his age, i would like to see someone brought in with a future plan, my opinion.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Guidolin on 13:17 - Apr 10 with 1804 viewsjeza739

Guidolin on 13:06 - Apr 10 by magicdaps10

Firstly, i would have to see more than one display like yesterday and then if they were to come then questions over his health will be raised. My reason would be his age, i would like to see someone brought in with a future plan, my opinion.

Yes I can understand the age concern but not the performance one as you only have to look at his udinese side to see what he's about. He did what was necessary here to achieve his only aim and as already stated on here achieving CL form in doing so. 1.75 pts per game
What about a young up and coming man to work and learn off him for a seamless transition when time is right? Just a thought
Guidolin on 13:18 - Apr 10 with 1794 viewsPrivate_Partz

Guidolin on 13:06 - Apr 10 by magicdaps10

Jeez he is 60 mun. Not 80. By no means the oldest manager around.

Guidolin on 13:28 - Apr 10 with 1765 viewsjack247

Guidolin on 13:18 - Apr 10 by Private_Partz

Jeez he is 60 mun. Not 80. By no means the oldest manager around.

Exactly, it's not as if we are going to expect him to play.
Guidolin on 13:37 - Apr 10 with 1730 viewsStarsky

Yep, I was very much won over yesterday.
Can see what he's capable of now, with positive tactics that contrast to earlier games.
Looking for us to find our true tactical identity for the remaining games.

It's just the internet, init.

Guidolin on 13:46 - Apr 10 with 1705 viewsAnotherJohn

Guidolin on 13:28 - Apr 10 by jack247

Exactly, it's not as if we are going to expect him to play.

Guido doesn't even make the top-10 for older EPL managers.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/galleries/1952/The-top-10-oldest-managers-in-Premier-

Nor is it the case that an older manager will necessarily be 'winding down'. Has the poster above never heard of that last big challenge?

I'm far from PC, but that poster needs to get up to speed with increasing life expectancy etc.

http://www.westcd.ie/index.php/news-feeds/71-say-no-to-ageism-week-june-4th-to-8
Guidolin on 14:01 - Apr 10 with 1650 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Guidolin on 11:53 - Apr 10 by WarwickHunt

Ladies and gentlemen - your new manager...

John Hollins.

Meet the new boss; same as the old boss

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024